MM Community

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

acrisis #81 Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:29 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21904 battles
  • [III-C]
... in online communications, adding an emoji can help :)

BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

_Crusader6_ #82 Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:30 PM

Have you seen my Turtle?

• Players
  • 79103 battles
  • [III]

View PostRATT_TAT_TAT_TAT, on 26 February 2020 - 02:54 AM, said:

No. 

If I respond in a satirical way, that clearly makes me look like an idiot, it’s called self deprecating. 

I knew that, or at least choose to interpret it that way ;) 

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 471 tanks in Garage:  485/488 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

_Crusader6_ #83 Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:46 PM

Have you seen my Turtle?

• Players
  • 79103 battles
  • [III]

FWIW, I suspect many players are seeing this too. 

The last few months my WR has been pretty stagnant.  I am down a bit, but only off .05% (which over the amount of games I have is rather significant, but not Sky is falling.  

However when I look at my 30-60-90 pretty much all my other stats are up.  
DMG/Tier is up 

DR is up 

KDR is up 

Spots are up 

SR is up. 

All this tells me is, the player base is worse - and it’s harder to carry than it was before.  Perhaps it is my outlook, but it appears I am playing better - my Wn8 is down, but I suspect that is because I’m playing some higher bar unaced tanks, and others that are still ‘early adopter’ ones that will jump (historically) when more folks grind them.  

I need more tanks...

Absolute_Sniper #84 Posted 26 February 2020 - 03:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 49724 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 26 February 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

The last few months my WR has been pretty stagnant.  I am down a bit, but only off .05% (which over the amount of games I have is rather significant, but not Sky is falling.  

DMG/Tier is up 

DR is up 

KDR is up 

Spots are up 

SR is up. 

All this tells me is, the player base is worse - and it’s harder to carry than it was before.  Perhaps it is my outlook, but it appears I am playing better - my Wn8 is down, but I suspect that is because I’m playing some higher bar unaced tanks, and others that are still ‘early adopter’ ones that will jump (historically) when more folks grind them.  

I have been in the exact same boat. I’m not the caliber player you are but my WN8 and WR have been in the gutter but everything else is looking better than usual. Maybe I should start a conspiracy thread to explain away my inability to shift my playstyle to the new meta. Have server ninjas been blamed yet? 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

__V_O_P__ #85 Posted 26 February 2020 - 03:32 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 61335 battles
  • [LAP]

View PostODDEO_GUY, on 26 February 2020 - 03:14 AM, said:

And you're so funny.

Mocking.

Jeez.

I’ll try harder next time. If you could lighten up. 

twirlingtowardsfreedom #86 Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36621 battles

View Post__Crusader6__, on 26 February 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

DMG/Tier is up 

DR is up 

KDR is up 

Spots are up 

SR is up. 

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 26 February 2020 - 03:04 PM, said:

I have been in the exact same boat. I’m not the caliber player you are but my WN8 and WR have been in the gutter but everything else is looking better than usual. Maybe I should start a conspiracy thread to explain away my inability to shift my playstyle to the new meta. Have server ninjas been blamed yet? 

Same for me. I'm another drop down from Cru in playing ability compared to Absolute, but have had the same trends. The poorer player base hurts me a ton; I've never had the ability to be a top-level carrier, but I've eked out a living identifying the good players on my team and doing all I can to assist or protect them. Yet I've been the token good player way more often of late and that isn't something I can pull off with any consistency.

_Cletus #87 Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:45 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 33657 battles
  • [III-C]

View Posttwirlingtowardsfreedom, on 26 February 2020 - 10:40 AM, said:

Same for me. I'm another drop down from Cru in playing ability compared to Absolute, but have had the same trends. The poorer player base hurts me a ton; I've never had the ability to be a top-level carrier, but I've eked out a living identifying the good players on my team and doing all I can to assist or protect them. Yet I've been the token good player way more often of late and that isn't something I can pull off with any consistency.

Me 4.  My 30 day was slowly building towards 60, but then I took a break and completely lost my edge.  I'm back to rocking a steady 55% on 30 day, which is stagnant.

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?

9_V0LT #88 Posted 26 February 2020 - 05:11 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 10822 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Posttwirlingtowardsfreedom, on 26 February 2020 - 04:40 PM, said:

I've been the token good player way more often of late and that isn't something I can pull off with any consistency.

Testify brother. 
Every freaking battle, I’ll be the only one on my team above 50%, meanwhile, the token good player on the other team is someone from a top ten clan. 

Edited by 9_V0LT, 26 February 2020 - 05:14 PM.

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

RonaldusMaximus_ #89 Posted 26 February 2020 - 05:44 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

• Players
  • 20032 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post9_V0LT, on 26 February 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

Testify brother. 
Every freaking battle, I’ll be the only one on my team above 50%, meanwhile, the token good player on the other team is someone from a top ten clan. 

So MM considers you equal?

I'd take that as a compliment.

_Crusader6_ #90 Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:21 PM

Have you seen my Turtle?

• Players
  • 79103 battles
  • [III]

View Post_Cletus, on 26 February 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

Me 4.  My 30 day was slowly building towards 60, but then I took a break and completely lost my edge.  I'm back to rocking a steady 55% on 30 day, which is stagnant.

I took a three week break due to work and the cruise (say no to coronavirus)  -- and played two test tanks (which I stunk in), so that did not help.

Edited by __Crusader6__, 26 February 2020 - 07:21 PM.

I need more tanks...

9_V0LT #91 Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:27 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 10822 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 26 February 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

So MM considers you equal?

I'd take that as a compliment.

More like MM sees six blind guys on my team and then grabs anyone with at least one working eye, to make him their leader. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

j_rod #92 Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:47 PM

Quit being a Karen!

• Players
  • 34273 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 26 February 2020 - 07:46 AM, said:

DMG/Tier is up 

DR is up 

KDR is up 

Spots are up 

SR is up. 

I think you're absolutely right, which just goes to show how impactful being in a platoon can be with another good player AND the right tank combo can be. In the past I would have argued that you were just as likely to come up against a platoon of unicums as a platoon of terrible players, but lately I've seen more bad platoons than good. 

I've only platooned about 15-16 games total in the past 30 days, but I've won 13 of those games and most of the platoons I saw on the other team were worse than me and my teammate. 

Eventually given an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite number of Monkeys, they will come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. - C6 articulating the Infinite Monkey Theorem
It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

https://www.verywellmind.com/an-overview-of-the-dunning-kruger-effect-4160740

_Crusader6_ #93 Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:33 AM

Have you seen my Turtle?

• Players
  • 79103 battles
  • [III]

View Postj_rod, on 26 February 2020 - 06:47 PM, said:

I think you're absolutely right, which just goes to show how impactful being in a platoon can be with another good player AND the right tank combo can be. In the past I would have argued that you were just as likely to come up against a platoon of unicums as a platoon of terrible players, but lately I've seen more bad platoons than good. 

I've only platooned about 15-16 games total in the past 30 days, but I've won 13 of those games and most of the platoons I saw on the other team were worse than me and my teammate. 

I platooned 3 games this afternoon.   0-3, And he bailed after the third game  (and a terrible yolo in that, that I wonder if he got distracted by life).   
   Honestly platooned play can help if you are in good synch, but it’s not needed.  You will become a better player playing solo.  

I need more tanks...

j_rod #94 Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:31 AM

Quit being a Karen!

• Players
  • 34273 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 26 February 2020 - 06:33 PM, said:

I platooned 3 games this afternoon.   0-3, And he bailed after the third game  (and a terrible yolo in that, that I wonder if he got distracted by life).   
   Honestly platooned play can help if you are in good synch, but it’s not needed.  You will become a better player playing solo.  

You said it - the right platoon and tank combo is everything. Just having two good players doesn’t necessary help.

Eventually given an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite number of Monkeys, they will come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. - C6 articulating the Infinite Monkey Theorem

Valkyrie04 #95 Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:56 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7773 battles
  • [RIVAL]
[edited]you guys still think the top/bottom tier chances is 50/50? How innocent! When you see the tanks in the queue if there are more upper tier tanks  than lower tier tanks, the chances of getting bottom tiered is almost 100%. Lets see an example.

I'm in a tier 8 tank and this is the queue:

IX:32
VIII:15
VII:20

As there are more players in upper tiers, MM will prioritize them, substantially increasing the chances of getting into a tier 9 match, and the same will apply when there are more lower tier tanks, like this

IX: 14
VIII:20
VII:26

In this last case, you have more chances of being top tier playing tier 8.

Valkyrie out.

_Crusader6_ #96 Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:55 PM

Have you seen my Turtle?

• Players
  • 79103 battles
  • [III]

View PostValkyrie04, on 26 February 2020 - 11:56 PM, said:

[edited]you guys still think the top/bottom tier chances is 50/50? How innocent! When you see the tanks in the queue if there are more upper tier tanks than lower tier tanks, the chances of getting bottom tiered is almost 100%. Lets see an example.

As there are more players in upper tiers, MM will prioritize them, substantially increasing the chances of getting into a tier 9 match, and the same will apply when there are more lower tier tanks, like this

Valkyrie out.

Most of us here know that.  The 50/50 VOP did was just to show the unbelievers the chances even with 50/50.  

Without seeing the queue when folks play you can’t give them the more likely odds.   

I need more tanks...

acrisis #97 Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21904 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostValkyrie04, on 26 February 2020 - 11:56 PM, said:

[edited]you guys still think the top/bottom tier chances is 50/50? How innocent! When you see the tanks in the queue if there are more upper tier tanks than lower tier tanks, the chances of getting bottom tiered is almost 100%. Lets see an example.

Valkyrie out.

Nothing new, really. It is based on volume. NA has been severely impacted by a shrinking player base size and less players online at any given point of day, if one compares years ago to now. 

One can play NA in an odd tier and be low tier most of the time. 

Meanwhile in EU and RU one can face tanks of all the same tier. 

BE     (+)   

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

j_rod #98 Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:22 PM

Quit being a Karen!

• Players
  • 34273 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postacrisis, on 27 February 2020 - 07:07 AM, said:

Nothing new, really. It is based on volume. NA has been severely impacted by a shrinking player base size and less players online at any given point of day, if one compares years ago to now. 

One can play NA in an odd tier and be low tier most of the time. 

Meanwhile in EU and RU one can face tanks of all the same tier. 

But is this really the case or is it just that MM has been diluted with two servers and multiple game modes (realistic, ratings, etc)?

Not saying you’re wrong, just curious why you believe the number of players is down.

_Crusader6_ #99 Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:37 PM

Have you seen my Turtle?

• Players
  • 79103 battles
  • [III]

Player numbers aren’t down, but with P1 and P2, we split volume, and with rating and other modes, certain times can be pretty sparse that you see the same folks again and again.   NA dropped after 3.8, but has been slowly climbing again, both in total active player numbers and average numbers online.    

I need more tanks...

acrisis #100 Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:54 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21904 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postj_rod, on 27 February 2020 - 08:22 AM, said:

But is this really the case or is it just that MM has been diluted with two servers and multiple game modes (realistic, ratings, etc)?

Not saying you’re wrong, just curious why you believe the number of players is down.

The average peak NA these days is 5000 players ... we used to break 10000 daily, push towards 15k and head for 20k max. 

A few years ago, we used to have an orange line like EU does these days.  Now we're kinda flat lining over a few thousand high and low. 

https://www.blitzstars.com/ 

[Edit]

Corrected by JRod & Twirling.
I was not aware blitzstars only gets partial data since the split server setup. 

BE     (+)   

Also tagged with MM, Community

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users