1st Battle in BDR

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

tankist22 #1 Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 51696 battles
  • [MSTRY]

Another 1st battle, this time in BDR heavy. A bounce or two short.

Nice tank, fast for a heavy, reload time feels a bit like KV-2, lol. But damage is decent.

Edited by tankist22, 25 February 2020 - 05:39 AM.

GentleNova #2 Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29140 battles
  • [SRT_]

View Posttankist22, on 24 February 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

Another 1st battle, this time in BDR heavy. A bounce or two short.

Nice tank, fast for a heavy, reload time feels a bit like KV-2, lol. But damage is decent.

Considering you’ve never played it before, that is a great first run. The BDR is my favourite tank at Tier 5. So much so, I enriched it and it’s earning potential is up to and over 70k. The gun surprises a lot of people because of its pen and extra alpha. And it’s armour can be trollish if you angle it correctly which you were doing quite well against multiple enemy, attacking from different angles. Your team, in comparison, did a "great job" of dying all around you. 

The only primary weakness on it is its height and “chapeaux" hat-like top. There will be times when you’ll think you’re completely behind cover but your top will be slightly sticking out up top, so it’s always good to be moving somewhat so the enemy can’t target it easily. It’s one reason why I try to avoid ridge lines with it, unless there is tall hard cover nearby.

Edited by GentleNova, 25 February 2020 - 12:19 PM.

Explixiit_ #3 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:18 PM

Wannabe unicum

• Players
  • 25220 battles
  • [-RVG-]
I HATED this thing when i had to grind it a year ago, i just could not for the life of me make this tank work. 

1014855156.png

So basically I legit don't ever look at the forum anymore because I mainly look at it during school. My school banned the site you go to log in and I couldn't post, and I'd rather devote my time when on my home computer to playing the game. So yeah basically why I vanished from the forum. Its not like I posted a lot anyways lol 

my crappy stats= here

and for the life of me I cant find a pfp that is small, this one is getting old 

Major_Sweatpants #4 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5872 battles
  • [PANEM]

View PostExplixiit_, on 25 February 2020 - 01:18 PM, said:

I HATED this thing when i had to grind it a year ago, i just could not for the life of me make this tank work. 

i think its been buffed since then... it handles itself much better in tier 5 (IK because ive recently ground Crusader and Churchill I)

__Frostbite #5 Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:36 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 29687 battles
Anyone remember when it had Comet DPM and the same view range as Tier 10 mediums? Good times...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Becksel #6 Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8679 battles
  • [QCSAG]
:popcorn:

Premium Tanks In Garage:43

Collector Tanks In Garage:9

Tier x's:10

PREVIOUS USERNAME-JesusTheReason

grunk69 #7 Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24696 battles
  • [A_F]
yes its a good fun tank and also reminds me of kv2 but faster loading lol

tankist22 #8 Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 51696 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View PostGentleNova, on 25 February 2020 - 04:18 AM, said:

Considering you’ve never played it before, that is a great first run. The BDR is my favourite tank at Tier 5. So much so, I enriched it and it’s earning potential is up to and over 70k. The gun surprises a lot of people because of its pen and extra alpha. And it’s armour can be trollish if you angle it correctly which you were doing quite well against multiple enemy, attacking from different angles. Your team, in comparison, did a "great job" of dying all around you. 

The only primary weakness on it is its height and “chapeaux" hat-like top. There will be times when you’ll think you’re completely behind cover but your top will be slightly sticking out up top, so it’s always good to be moving somewhat so the enemy can’t target it easily. It’s one reason why I try to avoid ridge lines with it, unless there is tall hard cover nearby.

Thanks! And yes, I remember some BDR driving me crazy while I was aiming at its thingy mingy at the top. So now I have an opportunity to do the same, lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users