Super Dooper Pershing T26E4 is back in the store. Still slow! Still great armor.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Meat_Locker #1 Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:48 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 51115 battles
  • [TOES]

I saw that the Super Pershing T26E4 is back in the shops again after a very long absence. I bought it ages ago and never really play it as it is bit boring and is very situational. I jumped in it for two games in order to give you all an idea of how to play it and what does well/poorly.

Pros: Insane front armor

Good gun depression

Pretty good turret armor except smart people know where to shoot it in order to penetrate it

Cons: Lethargically slow! Plays like a heavy and is barely even a "Heavium".

It's pretty much a slightly fast heavy but without side armor Middle of the road everything.

"Meh" in most regards, just like most American tanks (not them missile tanks!)

It's in the shop for about 11€/$ EuroBucks. Not a lot but it is also pretty boring and sloooooow to get to the battle.

Edited by Meat_Locker, 26 February 2020 - 07:48 PM.

__Frostbite #2 Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:04 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 29687 battles

Great price, crap tank

I should mention that this tank's gun bloom is one of the most annoying things in the game. In addition to its meh armor (frontal is troll and unreliable, sides and rear are bad) and the terrible mobility, one would reasonable expect the gun to be great, right? Not in this case. The penetration and gun depression are good, but those are expected with a 90mm gun on a Tier 8 medium. The DPM and accuracy are just total letdowns and pretty much render the tank unplayable by me. Definitely my least favorite premium at Tier 8, perhaps my least favorite premium in the game. 

I should mention though, that while I'm ragging on it, it still can perform well. A lot of people just flat out don't know how to penetrate frontally, and the DPM and bloom can negated by pushing to the front of a fight. That said, the mobility will hinder that, and getting close just means that your tank is easier to penetrate. 

Edited by __Frostbite, 26 February 2020 - 08:09 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RoadKutter #3 Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:15 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 41035 battles
  • [III-H]

Yeah, it's a mediocre tank with 170% credit earning coefficient.

Ghosting reds since 2014

Meat_Locker #4 Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:42 AM

Large Member

• Players
  • 51115 battles
  • [TOES]

Agree with you both. This is why I suggest caution to prospective buyers as it is:

too slow

is soft on sides and rear

has penetrable spot on roof and rest of turret

is mediocre in general

AND IS JUST TOO EFFING SLOW for a medium

You had better like holding down choke points and being hull-down whilst doing a Gandalf “You shall not pass!” impression. If the action shifts elsewhere, you’ll be the last to get there. 

ArmoredNite #5 Posted 29 February 2020 - 03:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37178 battles
  • [PZSP]

I have other tanks I like better, and I agree that it is slow, which means I prefer to play it at a distance.  For all of its detractors, however, I have managed to ace the tank three times so far.  So, it can do what is asked of it.  

I would recommend it.  If nothing else, then just for the credit coefficient being one of the highest in the game.  

Meat_Locker #6 Posted 29 February 2020 - 11:37 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 51115 battles
  • [TOES]
Aces with what kind of damage? If it isn’t getting played, the thresholds are low. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users