• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

lol333cmr #1 Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7245 battles
  • [SWED3]

Just A random topic

So, I’ve noticed that there are some people I don’t even see on the game on this forum and vice versa. Now, I’ve kind of drifted away from playing the game halfway thru 6.8, the only reason I’ll be playing for a bit is because of Operation Rolling Spring. But I’ve seen some people like the more minor people on this on the game. But not really the more common posters on here. I’m abit confused science I used to be active on the game a lot more. But I’ll be watching the livestream on 6.9 soon. 

I’m getting bored with the game

So I’ve been drifting farther and farther from the game I’ve been in love with for 2 years. I’m a bit depressed for some reason. Why? I could use some motivation to get me back into the game

-Tanks alot!

lol333.

lol333cmr #2 Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7245 battles
  • [SWED3]
Just to warn y’all I’m not tryna start any drama!

Mr_Qwertyxsad #3 Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:50 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11788 battles
  • [TOES]

If you are getting bored, that is normal with any game.  When you are either under challeneged or over challenged it takes you out of "The Flow State" and drops some of the fun.  I reccomend taking a break and playing some other games.  I've done it multiple times.  Instead of playing Blitz last night I did an entire from 3pm to 10:30pm of nothing but CoD Mobile.  The change in pace made Blitz fun when I hopped on in the morning and drug my team to a victory with 3k damage.

Plus having to shoot tiny red dots at distance helped me to slow down my gameplay, and it carried over to Blitz and assisted my focus and Situational Awareness.

"If you run out of ammo, load your buddies flask and fire again!"

[TOES] member

acrisis #4 Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20702 battles
  • [III-C]

For some people, cough cough, it is easier to take a little mental break here and there, and be on a communications platform for a few minutes, keeping up with others, maybe help somebody, read some news, social stuff ... vs getting setup to play games. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Stonefish_st #5 Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:00 PM

Get off my lawn

• Players
  • 19843 battles
  • [H0B0S]
Sometimes a break is a good thing.  Recently I’ve been on PC with War Thunder & WOWS playing against bots.  A lot less drama.....

Become a part of the CRUEL/CRU3L discord community

_Cletus #6 Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:25 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 26999 battles
  • [HAHA]

For the first time, I've taken a couple of breaks due to missile drama.  However, I'm playing again, but I play on mobile, typically with same control mode on, and generally for about an hour later in the evening.  So sure, I don't get seen all that much.

I've always said that if I'm not playing, I won't be posting here.  And sure, when I was on a break my posting slowed down considerably, but what I discovered is that when you talk to all these people every day, you end up thinking of a lot of people here as good friends, so it was not as easy to stay away as I thought it would be.

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

9_V0LT #7 Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:30 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 10120 battles
  • [OGRE]

I suggest installing some of the competitor tank games from the App Store and playing them for a week. 

Once you realize how complete pieces of **** they all are, you’ll come running back. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

dport02 #8 Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31320 battles
  • [-FE4R]

View PostMr_Qwertyxsad, on 27 February 2020 - 09:50 AM, said:

If you are getting bored, that is normal with any game.  When you are either under challeneged or over challenged it takes you out of "The Flow State" and drops some of the fun.  I reccomend taking a break and playing some other games.  I've done it multiple times.  Instead of playing Blitz last night I did an entire from 3pm to 10:30pm of nothing but CoD Mobile.  The change in pace made Blitz fun when I hopped on in the morning and drug my team to a victory with 3k damage.

Plus having to shoot tiny red dots at distance helped me to slow down my gameplay, and it carried over to Blitz and assisted my focus and Situational Awareness.

I got bored too and unluckily, my first 3 battles were all 3 losses, ending 7-0, 6-0, and 5-0. So ya, pretty much tied up me playing for a long time 

RNG is rigged !

tedg5 #9 Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:52 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 52907 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Cause of my travels I get forced breaks of a few days every few weeks due to bad internet. It does help to keep the game fresh for me at least. :playing:

swampydoodle #10 Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:34 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22965 battles
  • [FUSAG]

You can always just drive a TD and have a nice camping trip at the green spawn. Lots of people do it.

tanker070 #11 Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:49 PM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 57880 battles
  • [SRT]

Have not played game for a while now.  Something just struck me when I saw patch notes "fix" something that can't be fixed.

Replaced it with outdoor activities, reading (as I should be), and catching up with ppl.

I don't think playing another game to replace a game will improve your motivation levels.

Although listening to Theo Von may bring more good times...

Hope to join blitz back soon when Dev team isn't waisting my time with missile experiment.

Chao

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

_Cletus #12 Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:08 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 26999 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Posttanker070, on 28 February 2020 - 10:49 AM, said:

Have not played game for a while now.  Something just struck me when I saw patch notes "fix" something that can't be fixed.

Replaced it with outdoor activities, reading (as I should be), and catching up with ppl.

I don't think playing another game to replace a game will improve your motivation levels.

Although listening to Theo Von may bring more good times...

Hope to join blitz back soon when Dev team isn't waisting my time with missile experiment.

Chao

I'm learning guitar.  I've got 4 chords down pretty good.  A long way to go, but I'm enjoying it.

BorisBaddenov #13 Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:17 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 25218 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Post_Cletus, on 28 February 2020 - 10:08 AM, said:

I'm learning guitar.  I've got 4 chords down pretty good.  A long way to go, but I'm enjoying it.

That is pretty cool :)

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

_Cletus #14 Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:25 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 26999 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 28 February 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

That is pretty cool :)

Peace-

Boris

I tried to learn 10 years ago, using a book, and it didn't go well.  This time I found a beginner lesson series on youtube by a guy named Marty Schwartz, and it's orders of magnitude better.  So if anybody wants to learn, I'd suggest looking up Marty.

BorisBaddenov #15 Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:48 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 25218 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Post_Cletus, on 28 February 2020 - 10:25 AM, said:

I tried to learn 10 years ago, using a book, and it didn't go well.  This time I found a beginner lesson series on youtube by a guy named Marty Schwartz, and it's orders of magnitude better.  So if anybody wants to learn, I'd suggest looking up Marty.

I have tried to learn before - but I struggled because I have fairly small hands.  I'd get cramps in my fingers trying to press the strings.  

Peace-

Boris

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

_Cletus #16 Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:06 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 26999 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 28 February 2020 - 11:48 AM, said:

I have tried to learn before - but I struggled because I have fairly small hands.  I'd get cramps in my fingers trying to press the strings.  

Peace-

Boris

I thought my problems were that my fingers were too fat as well as too short, I've got sausage fingers.  I looked it up, and everything I saw said fat short fingers were no excuse.  But that's part of learning it, building up the strength in your hands.  Actually, being a guy who's always built stuff, my hands are plenty strong, my main problem is that I need to develop calluses on my finger tips.  It gets pretty painful pressing with all your might on little wires, but I can already feel the calluses starting to build up.

Long story short, if you practice, you'll build the strength, and all the experts say short fingers should still be able to play.

BorisBaddenov #17 Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:08 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 25218 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Post_Cletus, on 28 February 2020 - 11:06 AM, said:

I thought my problems were that my fingers were too fat as well as too short, I've got sausage fingers.  I looked it up, and everything I saw said fat short fingers were no excuse.  But that's part of learning it, building up the strength in your hands.  Actually, being a guy who's always built stuff, my hands are plenty strong, my main problem is that I need to develop calluses on my finger tips.  It gets pretty painful pressing with all your might on little wires, but I can already feel the calluses starting to build up.

Long story short, if you practice, you'll build the strength, and all the experts say short fingers should still be able to play.

Maybe some day  :)

Peace-

Boris

Gitgudm9 #18 Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13332 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View Post_Cletus, on 28 February 2020 - 12:25 PM, said:

Marty is an amazing YouTuber; I love his videos. I've been learning guitar for a few months too and I just got open chord changes down, so I'm moving to barre chords and improving my lead next. I recently got myself a private instructor as well, which is really beneficial to both motivation and adapting to the learning curve - it's much easier when a professional can tell you what you should and shouldn't be doing.

Blitz is great and all, but it's no substitute for real-life fulfillment. I'm putting much of the energy I used to put into video games and entertainment into actually developing myself as a person. My hope with guitar is that I'll one day be able to perform onstage.

PS: Who/what inspired you to start learning? 

Edited by Gitgudm9, 28 February 2020 - 06:15 PM.

"Anime girls were made to be lewded." - Klaus_Klavier

_Cletus #19 Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:41 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 26999 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostGitgudm9, on 28 February 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

Marty is an amazing YouTuber; I love his videos. I've been learning guitar for a few months too and I just got open chord changes down, so I'm moving to barre chords and improving my lead next. I recently got myself a private instructor as well, which is really beneficial to both motivation and adapting to the learning curve - it's much easier when a professional can tell you what you should and shouldn't be doing.

Blitz is great and all, but it's no substitute for real-life fulfillment. I'm putting much of the energy I used to put into video games and entertainment into actually developing myself as a person. My hope with guitar is that I'll one day be able to perform onstage.

PS: Who/what inspired you to start learning? 

You're way ahead of me.....and I don't have the time or the money for an instructor, but I've got different goals anyway.

I'm a creative guy, when I come across an instrument I like to sit down and mess with it.  It's not like I'm a natural musician or anything, but my wife is musically dumb.  So she thinks I know how to play piano just because when I sit down at one I can do more than just smash keys with my fists.  So the redhead is a little delusional when it comes to my musical ability.  I had a guitar years ago, was trying to learn it, badly, and it ended up getting smashed during a move.  All that leads up to the other day, one of my brood left a toy guitar out on the couch.  I sat down and started messing around and my redhead says "Stay right there!"  She runs next door to her crappy dad's place and comes back with a guitar someone gave him, he doesn't play and doesn't want to learn.  So voila, I own a guitar again, and when all the missile crap ticked me off I decided it was time to really learn it.

I don't want to play on stage, I'm already past that age.  I don't even really want to learn songs, although I reckon I'll learn a few to pick up some tricks.  I just want to be able to mess around with it effectively.  I already have a habit of playing it very badly and making up really dumb songs to sing to my family, and I'd like to be able to do that without playing it really badly.

Absolute_Sniper #20 Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 40848 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Learn the A, D, G, E chords and you can play 70% of the music you hear on the radio.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users