Tier X Heavy Buffs - 6.9 (Maus to 3k HP!)

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

twirlingtowardsfreedom #101 Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32585 battles

View Post__Crusader6__, on 12 March 2020 - 12:05 AM, said:

Your guess is as good as mine.   

Survival rate/length of play and the avoidance of rollover battles would be my guess. It's what connects the upcoming buff the best to the increase in all lower tier HP pools back in the 5. updates era. So while heavies may not be performing poorly by winrate, WG may see improving them as a linchpin to stabilizing gameplay.

G3RARD_80135 #102 Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:25 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15669 battles
  • [GANDJ]

View Post_Cletus, on 12 March 2020 - 01:51 PM, said:

Hello, welcome to the forums!  It's never gonna happen, and honestly OP premiums isn't our biggest issue right now.  Currently, the most blatantly broken OP tank in the game is the T92E1, with it's ridiculously troll armor, penetration, damage, missiles, speed, and camo.  And it's a tech tree tank.  And WG has always said nerfing premiums is the last thing they want to do.  So instead of that, they are buffing all the heavies, and letting mediums and lights grow weaker by comparison.  IMO, there's not much we can do to help them out of their hole.  They need to dig themselves out, although it looks like they are just going to stay mired in their mudpit for a while.

Well then, see we are being positive here. I personally have not had much trouble dealing with the new ATGM tanks contrary to popular complaint. I think more than anything that we as good players need to be more accepting of change and learn to adapt to these tanks and play to your own strengths. I mentioned the get out of jail free card as a answer to everyone's complaints but if it is that stupid, then so be it, it's dumb. Personally I like playing challenging tank anyhow so adding another issue to adapt to and overcome is fun for me. I know my precious win rate may be skewed by playing in challenging circumstances but so be it. I play for fun, and right now I am having the time of my life in blitz. Just for the record, I do not own any of the ATGM tanks and don't intend to. I did play the T92  when it first came out but I have maybe 25 or 30 games in it and it was very strong. In all fairness there are a lot of bad players playing the ATGM tanks right now anyways. So, despite all the understandable negativity, I am excited for the 6.9 update. 

G3RARD_80135 #103 Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:27 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15669 battles
  • [GANDJ]

View Posttwirlingtowardsfreedom, on 12 March 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

Survival rate/length of play and the avoidance of rollover battles would be my guess. It's what connects the upcoming buff the best to the increase in all lower tier HP pools back in the 5. updates era. So while heavies may not be performing poorly by winrate, WG may see improving them as a linchpin to stabilizing gameplay.

That is a very good theory and I agree that this buff may very well make "rollover battles" less prevalent.

_Cletus #104 Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:39 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27031 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostG3RARD_80135, on 12 March 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

Well then, see we are being positive here. I personally have not had much trouble dealing with the new ATGM tanks contrary to popular complaint. I think more than anything that we as good players need to be more accepting of change and learn to adapt to these tanks and play to your own strengths. I mentioned the get out of jail free card as a answer to everyone's complaints but if it is that stupid, then so be it, it's dumb. Personally I like playing challenging tank anyhow so adding another issue to adapt to and overcome is fun for me. I know my precious win rate may be skewed by playing in challenging circumstances but so be it. I play for fun, and right now I am having the time of my life in blitz. Just for the record, I do not own any of the ATGM tanks and don't intend to. I did play the T92  when it first came out but I have maybe 25 or 30 games in it and it was very strong. In all fairness there are a lot of bad players playing the ATGM tanks right now anyways. So, despite all the understandable negativity, I am excited for the 6.9 update. 

Those tanks are way overcooked.  Sure we should be adaptable, but that doesn't mean that we should just accept a tank that is head and shoulders above it's peers.  And long time readers know, I generally tend to be a positive cat who dislikes both whining and whiners, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna smile and take it when ridiculousness invades the game I love.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure everybody on the forums likes a challenge.  This isn't an easy game, and anybody who comes to the forums to learn more about the game certainly isn't trying to shy away from the difficulty.

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

FruitSaladRage #105 Posted 12 March 2020 - 04:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37617 battles
  • [ABRMS]
Now all they need to do is to add missiles as option to every tier X so they can payback these stupid T92 and Sheridans that breaking the game.

Tackywheat1 #106 Posted 13 March 2020 - 06:15 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 12616 battles
  • [T-T-T]

Repeat of tier 7 heavy buffs because of smasher 

Tiger 1 is basically a tier 8 medium now....

Edited by Tackywheat1, 13 March 2020 - 06:36 PM.

Alopex__ #107 Posted 15 March 2020 - 02:43 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3573 battles
  • [T_W_O]

View PostTackywheat1, on 13 March 2020 - 06:15 PM, said:

Repeat of tier 7 heavy buffs because of smasher 

Tiger 1 is basically a tier 8 medium now....

That's funny, and true. My tiger 1 stats are where my tier 8 mediums are damage wise, in some cases better...

minitel_NA #108 Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Posttwirlingtowardsfreedom, on 12 March 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

Makes tons of sense to me.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

Tackywheat1 #109 Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:53 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 12616 battles
  • [T-T-T]

View PostStarFox__McCloud, on 15 March 2020 - 08:43 AM, said:

That's funny, and true. My tiger 1 stats are where my tier 8 mediums are damage wise, in some cases better...

I'm actually doing better in tiger 1 than in virtually any other tier 8 tank.

GIF by spartacusdiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing. I'm back

Permanent credit deficit

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users