New Tiger 2 Historical camo

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Jerry_Montalvo #1 Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18978 battles
  • [STAT]

Hello all, WG you guys did a great job on the camo for the German Tiger II tank, kudos!  As per the live stream introducing 6.9 update showing off the new camos (the Japanese TD and the Tiger II) I must say someone or a group are earning their pay.. :) But one thing on the camo for the Tiger II which is supposed to be historical, I have never seen a large Iron Cross on the very middle front armor on the Tiger 2 and it makes it look fake. Just saying.. Luck on the battlefield (You'll really need it nowadays).                                               Remember: 

"Keep your powder dry, your gun locked and loaded, aim true" Always..

If I'm wrong then please let me know.

Attached Files

• Attached File   New Tiger II Camo 2020.jpg   198.72K
  • Attached File   New Tiger II Front Camo.1 2020.jpg   113.06K

Edited by Jerry_Montalvo, 29 February 2020 - 04:11 PM.

The M1 Garand is "The greatest battle implement ever devised" 

General George S. Patton

Kiwi_Kebab #2 Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3942 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

You're right. The frontal iron cross is peculiar. It is something the Americans would do with their stars. Germans would usually just place a number and cross on the turret and call it a day. 

It still looks fantastic, however. Definitely a breathe of fresh air after so many video game, fantasy camos have been released as of late. 

__Frostbite #3 Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:16 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 28192 battles
  • [-0]
WG has refused to mount the Iron Cross on any of their camos, and even yanked the Lowe’s camo temporarily when it came out because it had a historical icon on the back. This is a welcome change. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chariot_Solace #4 Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:40 PM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 48448 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Post__Frostbite, on 28 February 2020 - 09:16 AM, said:

WG has refused to mount the Iron Cross on any of their camos, and even yanked the Lowe’s camo temporarily when it came out because it had a historical icon on the back. This is a welcome change. 

Yes. That was a ridiculous ignorant policy. If they finally realized that it has aesthetic value and and isn’t political at all and start using it, then that will be the one promising positive thing amidst all of the trash changes they’ve been making.

Garage: 194 Tier Xs: 20 Lines I'm Grinding: 5 Favorite Tank: E75 Top 100 Tanks: 70 Premiums: 70 Aced: 255/263

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Chariot_Solace

twirlingtowardsfreedom #5 Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32594 battles
Yeah, this is a pretty camo, and an example of *smart* marketing by WG. Improve a tank, see its playrate jump, and make a nice camo to capitalize. Need to do more of this rather than dopey offers or chests.

ArmoredNite #6 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 35048 battles
  • [PZSP]
In what way is the iron cross political?  It's not a Swastika or anything.  

Jerry_Montalvo #7 Posted 29 February 2020 - 04:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18978 battles
  • [STAT]

View PostArmoredNite, on 29 February 2020 - 02:11 AM, said:

This is correct buddy, since I live in Germany at the present and being stationed here multiple times with the U.S. Army I have seem many a German (NATO member) tank in the field that have on them the Iron Cross with is the symbol of the German modern military... The Iron Cross has been around since the 19th century and it has nothing to do with politics. It is an honor that was given during the might Prussian era to the military and to civilians that have done military jobs or actions.

Luck on the battlefield

The M1 Garand is "The greatest battle implement ever devised" 

General George S. Patton

Chariot_Solace #8 Posted 29 February 2020 - 09:01 PM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 48448 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostArmoredNite, on 28 February 2020 - 08:11 PM, said:

Exactly. It isn’t political at all. They were just too afraid to offend people before, even though the few people who might get offended by the balkenkreuz (iron cross) would have more toes than brain cells, no education, and feelings softer than down feathers. And most importantly, just because you are offended, it doesn’t mean you are right.That’s what many people do not understand. I guess WG finally realized that and decided to add to the game with cool camos for everyone else which is fantastic. Let’s hope the trend continues. If the leaked photos are real that is, which I really hope they are. 

Edited by Chariot_Solace, 01 March 2020 - 01:46 AM.

Garage: 194 Tier Xs: 20 Lines I'm Grinding: 5 Favorite Tank: E75 Top 100 Tanks: 70 Premiums: 70 Aced: 255/263

Zero57Charlie #9 Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 47476 battles
  • [US29]
It's about time WG put the German Cross on their tanks!  I hope they offer a similar Camo for the tiger I, and other German tanks!  Also, the Japanese line of tanks too.

Chariot_Solace #10 Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:29 PM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 48448 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostZero57Charlie, on 30 March 2020 - 11:19 PM, said:

It's about time WG put the German Cross on their tanks!  I hope they offer a similar Camo for the tiger I, and other German tanks!  Also, the Japanese line of tanks too.

Yes. I think most people are really glad they came around on the idea. It was a ridiculous policy before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users