Porsche Tiger (AKA Tiger (P))

Porsche Tiger Tiger (P)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Major_Sweatpants #1 Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:45 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5671 battles

so recently i researched the Tiger (P), on my way to the Maus. and I really dont like it- the armor is situational and theres two glaring weakspots- the Cupola and the lower glacis. but first, a short history of the tiger (P).

so the Porsche tiger began as an idea of Hitler's, as he needed a tank mounted with an 88mm gun, which was the only gun that could effectively penetrate te soviet T-34s at the time. so Hitler enlisted two designers, Henschel (H after name) and Ferdinand (sound familiar?) Porsche (P after name), to create a Tiger tank. both designers came up with very good tanks, Henschel using a diesel engine drive, and Porsche, being an influential car designer, decided to make a petrol-electric drive- essentially making the first hybrid. the two prototypes, when finished, were sent to the Testing grounds, where all the previous tanks (and most newer tanks as well) would be put to the test. it was actually Hitler's favorite until, and I quote, "sinks into the mud... and overheats.... and catches fire." -Yukari Akiyama, Girls und Panzer, Episode 11. now arrogant little Ferdinand Porsche had already started construction, and 100 hulls were made... 99 of these were converted into Elefant (later renamed Ferdinand) tank destroyers, and Ill get to those later. the remaining hull is fitted with a turret and sent to the western front, and is later destroyed (likely by breakdown, Im not really sure)

anyway, if anyone could give me tips on the tiger (P) tier VII German Heavy.

stmaarten1778 #2 Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:50 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3530 battles
  • [PE-XE]
I really like my Porsche... The sides are 80 mms, you could maybe try side scraping or maybe face hugging people that have bad gun arc and can’t hit your turret. The main problem with the tank is the weak spots as you said. I just deal with them and try to hide them. You can hide the cupola behind cover and you can go hull down a bit to hide the lower plate. Blitz has it lucky here. On PC, the shoulders have the same mm of the sides and you can’t angle them at all.

I love my Tiger P :playing:

Nobody out jags the tiger 8.8

_Cletus #3 Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:51 AM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 28564 battles
  • [III-P]
If you're close to them they probably can't hit your glacis, use your barrel to block your hatch, use adrenaline liberally.  Barely angle, it's got real weak sides.  Be a bully and you'll start to like it.

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

KoV3LiK.jpg

Major_Sweatpants #4 Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:52 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5671 battles

View Poststmaarten1778, on 12 March 2020 - 07:50 PM, said:

I really like my Porsche... The sides are 80 mms, you could maybe try side scraping or maybe face hugging people that have bad gun arc and can’t hit your turret. The main problem with the tank is the weak spots as you said. I just deal with them and try to hide them. You can hide the cupola behind cover and you can go hull down a bit to hide the lower plate. Blitz has it lucky here. On PC, the shoulders have the same mm of the sides and you can’t angle them at all.

View Post_Cletus, on 12 March 2020 - 07:51 PM, said:

If you're close to them they probably can't hit your glacis, use your barrel to block your hatch, use adrenaline liberally.  Barely angle, it's got real weak sides.  Be a bully and you'll start to like it.

you guys type fast.

Major_Sweatpants #5 Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5671 battles

hmmm... ok! i honestly feel like (for the first time ever) the Tiger I is the better Tiger, with armor that will bounce most mediums / russian heavies, and the mobility of a medium. 

i suffer from Doom Turtle syndrome- by the time i get to the battle, theres only 3 of 7 enemies left, or my teams impaled themselves on the enemy. and by the time i get a sight on the enemy, my team has them down to one-shot. ive only gotten 1 2k in it so far, and i had to carry my team against 3 tier 6s (with an AFK enemy)

Edited by Major_Sweatpants, 13 March 2020 - 12:59 AM.

stmaarten1778 #6 Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:12 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3530 battles
  • [PE-XE]
In my opinion, the Porsche is still the better tiger. It just struggles at times when it is out in the open. It likes corridors where it’s not easy to be flanked or sniped at. The weak spots can be hidden unlike the ones on the T95 and I use it as a breather after a long day’s work on my TD lines. If you poke it out right you can bounce some shots off the lower plate, just make sure to hide your drive wheel because I have been penned for days through there. The Tiger P is better than you think. It just takes the right type of player. For a more easier tank that you can practice the Tiger P with is the AT 2, people can only get through your sides or your cupola so you have to hide those, knowing how to do that is essential for a Tiger P player. You can do it!

I love my Tiger P :playing:

Nobody out jags the tiger 8.8

Rou_Garou #7 Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:40 AM

Carriers needed - apply inside

• Players
  • 32347 battles
  • [OP-4]

Tiger 1 is a beast right now and should be abused at all costs.

I love the gun on the Porsche but the weaknesses in the armor has always been an irritation to me.

There is just extra work to do that you don't have to do in the Tiger 1.

Nothing is forever with WG, kinda like my love life lately.

Don't rush inBe patientDon't brawl unnecessarilyKnow your tanks and enemy tanks; 

Know your tanks' role; Knowing maps allows situation awareness; Mini-map is a mighty map;  

Drive to coverFight like you have no armor; Relocate and reset camo oftenBe the lover of cover;  

Hull down is OP; Stay on high ground; Don't go where you don't know; A I M 

Chariot_Solace #8 Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:51 AM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 51099 battles
  • [_STR8]
The tank is borderline OP. Almost every tank ever has a weak lower plate. You can use your gun to block shots on your cupola too. The upper plate and side armor are strong, even when bottom tier. And you have a great gun with a good reload. Just side scrape, and put yourself in positions to utilize your dpm. Try to put 2 shots into the reds for every shot fired at you. And the turret is front mounted so it’s good for poking around dunes and berms with minimal exposure. You can angle up your upper plate really nicely when you do this too and even bounce tier 8s fairly easily.

Garage: 199 Tier Xs: 21 Lines I'm Grinding: 5 Favorite Tank: E75 Top 100 Tanks: 77 Premiums: 73 Aced: 261/266

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Chariot_Solace

tedg5 #9 Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:56 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 54549 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View PostMajor_Sweatpants, on 13 March 2020 - 12:45 AM, said:

so recently i researched the Tiger (P), on my way to the Maus. and I really dont like it- the armor is situational and theres two glaring weakspots- the Cupola and the lower glacis. but first, a short history of the tiger (P).

so the Porsche tiger began as an idea of Hitler's, as he needed a tank mounted with an 88mm gun, which was the only gun that could effectively penetrate te soviet T-34s at the time. so Hitler enlisted two designers, Henschel (H after name) and Ferdinand (sound familiar?) Porsche (P after name), to create a Tiger tank. both designers came up with very good tanks, Henschel using a diesel engine drive, and Porsche, being an influential car designer, decided to make a petrol-electric drive- essentially making the first hybrid. the two prototypes, when finished, were sent to the Testing grounds, where all the previous tanks (and most newer tanks as well) would be put to the test. it was actually Hitler's favorite until, and I quote, "sinks into the mud... and overheats.... and catches fire." -Yukari Akiyama, Girls und Panzer, Episode 11. now arrogant little Ferdinand Porsche had already started construction, and 100 hulls were made... 99 of these were converted into Elefant (later renamed Ferdinand) tank destroyers, and Ill get to those later. the remaining hull is fitted with a turret and sent to the western front, and is later destroyed (likely by breakdown, Im not really sure)

anyway, if anyone could give me tips on the tiger (P) tier VII German Heavy.

But, your just quoting an Anime....

Anyway, the Tiger P is definitely good. :playing:

o

Major_Sweatpants #10 Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5671 battles

View Posttedg5, on 13 March 2020 - 05:56 AM, said:

o

o

o

o

o

o

o

o

Major_Sweatpants #11 Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5671 battles
what have i done.... 

o

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" -nameless anime teen, i forget which anime, it was a movie.

Major_Sweatpants #12 Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5671 battles

View Poststmaarten1778, on 12 March 2020 - 08:12 PM, said:

In my opinion, the Porsche is still the better tiger. It just struggles at times when it is out in the open. It likes corridors where it’s not easy to be flanked or sniped at. The weak spots can be hidden unlike the ones on the T95 and I use it as a breather after a long day’s work on my TD lines. If you poke it out right you can bounce some shots off the lower plate, just make sure to hide your drive wheel because I have been penned for days through there. The Tiger P is better than you think. It just takes the right type of player. For a more easier tank that you can practice the Tiger P with is the AT 2, people can only get through your sides or your cupola so you have to hide those, knowing how to do that is essential for a Tiger P player. You can do it!

View PostRou_Garou, on 12 March 2020 - 08:40 PM, said:

Tiger 1 is a beast right now and should be abused at all costs.

I love the gun on the Porsche but the weaknesses in the armor has always been an irritation to me.

There is just extra work to do that you don't have to do in the Tiger 1.

Nothing is forever with WG, kinda like my love life lately.

View PostChariot_Solace, on 12 March 2020 - 08:51 PM, said:

The tank is borderline OP. Almost every tank ever has a weak lower plate. You can use your gun to block shots on your cupola too. The upper plate and side armor are strong, even when bottom tier. And you have a great gun with a good reload. Just side scrape, and put yourself in positions to utilize your dpm. Try to put 2 shots into the reds for every shot fired at you. And the turret is front mounted so it’s good for poking around dunes and berms with minimal exposure. You can angle up your upper plate really nicely when you do this too and even bounce tier 8s fairly easily.

thanks all, ill try to keep that in mind while playing it!

DeliciousPancakes_ #13 Posted 13 March 2020 - 04:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4197 battles
  • [UN10N]
It's all been said already. The Tiger (P) is a fantastic tank. Bully bully bully.

RonaldusMaximus_ #14 Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:13 PM

Vote: Cletus/Ronaldus 2020

• Players
  • 14105 battles
  • [III-C]
Need I remind you of the OP Pumpkin attachment? 

Major_Sweatpants #15 Posted 16 March 2020 - 06:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5671 battles

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 13 March 2020 - 05:13 PM, said:

Need I remind you of the OP Pumpkin attachment? 

no, i put that on all my DEUTSCHE tonk.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users