• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

BorisBaddenov #21 Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:45 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26609 battles
  • [NOGUD]

Pretty interesting read on a Cancer drug that shows promise against Covid19

https://13wham.com/news/local/roc-biotech-company-says-lab-tests-of-former-cancer-drug-confirm-it-stops-covid-19

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Omega_Man_Chuck #22 Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:44 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3827 battles

They are playing the 2011 movie Contagion up here in the Great White North.  When we saw it then my wife was freaked...so you can imagine how concerned she is now?  Although in the movie, people were dropping dead pretty quick, having seizures, ect.

But still anything can cause mass panick & people to go on a hoarding spree.  Remember when "New" Coke came out, people were buying "old" Coke like crazy.

Hi Big Brother.  How's Yer Ass?

Holy_Outlaw #23 Posted 16 March 2020 - 12:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33150 battles
  • [501DV]

" The next war will be fought with nuclear weapons, the one after that with toilet paper. "

Omega_Man_Chuck #24 Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3827 battles
OMG...YES.  wthis with the hoarding of TP??  Hand sanitizer I can see...But TP??  Are people expecting to be overcome with Explosive Diarrhea from Covid19??  In a month when this has blown over, I suspect there will be people looking @ their pantry thinking, where do I put the ketchup??

Hi Big Brother.  How's Yer Ass?

EL_Din_46 #25 Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:24 AM

Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

• Players
  • 10250 battles

View PostOmega_Man_Chuck, on 16 March 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

OMG...YES.  wthis with the hoarding of TP??  Hand sanitizer I can see...But TP??  Are people expecting to be overcome with Explosive Diarrhea from Covid19??  In a month when this has blown over, I suspect there will be people looking @ their pantry thinking, where do I put the ketchup??

Here’s a tip for those who run out of TP: If you are in an outhouse, moist corn cobs are an effective field expedient. But for goodness sakes don’t ever try the dry ones. You really, really won’t like it.

Don’t ask me why I know this, just trust me on this one.

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

BorisBaddenov #26 Posted 23 March 2020 - 05:04 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26609 battles
  • [NOGUD]

Interesting "heat" map -- data from internet connected thermometers 

https://healthweather.us/

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

_Cletus #27 Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:12 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31196 battles
  • [III-C]
One thing I've learned from this experience....hand sanitizer tastes horrible if you get it in your mouth!

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Vantablack12 #28 Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:27 PM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 15453 battles
  • [K9]

View Post_Cletus, on 23 March 2020 - 04:12 PM, said:

One thing I've learned from this experience....hand sanitizer tastes horrible if you get it in your mouth!

Can confirm. Tastes like drinking straight 99% alcohol.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Meat_Locker #29 Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:29 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 51182 battles
  • [TOES]

View PostVantablack12, on 24 March 2020 - 12:27 AM, said:

Can confirm. Tastes like drinking straight 99% alcohol.

A Cletus favorite!

CA_vampire #30 Posted 29 March 2020 - 04:59 PM

__Banned__

• Players
  • 29727 battles
  • [MOMB]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 13 March 2020 - 07:45 AM, said:

Pretty interesting read on a Cancer drug that shows promise against Covid19

https://13wham.com/news/local/roc-biotech-company-says-lab-tests-of-former-cancer-drug-confirm-it-stops-covid-19

People, don't believe "news" like this. Cancer drugs are extremely dangerous and full of side effects. Widespread use of such a treacherous drug may cause more problems than the virus itself. That's why such drugs require many years of clinical trials before approval. And there is no way to accelerate this since there is no way to predict long term effects without long term testing. 

SARS-COV2 is a virus, but the cause of AIDS is also a virus and we have no drugs that cure AIDS and no vaccine. The original SARS appeared in China in 2002 and there is still no vaccine for that, either. It was eliminated through patient isolation. If a virus is not transmitted, it can be eradicated.  

Yes, it is true that for SARS-COV2, scientists may find a drug or a vaccine, but we should know that this is hard and it is not guaranteed. That's why we should be spending money on science and not on aircraft carriers. You never know when you are going to need scientific knowledge. Research on the original SARS in 2002 stopped because there was no money for such research since it was not financially profitable. If we had a vaccine for the original SARS we could easily modify it for this one too, so it was a stupid decision not to pursue that research through public funding. Science saves lives. People often forget it, but it is only Science that *really* improves our lives, not guns and not the wall street thieves.   

No Mercy / No Malice

CA_vampire #31 Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:06 PM

__Banned__

• Players
  • 29727 battles
  • [MOMB]
I have just realized that if we had spent a few million dollars to pursue scientific research on the original SARS that appeared 18 years ago (!) we would have saved trillions of dollars today!!! And we'd be spared from this forced lockdown.    
No Mercy / No Malice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users