unicums noobs winrate

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

silver_ninja1234 #1 Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19616 battles
  • [DOOMD]
In the past year or so, I believe I have become a much better player.  My WR is only 44.22% but I improved that from around 43% at 8k battles, which I do not think is easy.  During the day/evening, I win about 80% or so of my games.  And when I go down to lower tiers, some lower level players really look up to me.  However, after about 11 p.m. it is absolutely UNBEARABLE to play.  I win 20% of my games at night if I’m lucky.  I don’t know if it’s because all the unicums come on at night and I just can’t match their skill, or if it is all noobs that come out so you have to carry every time.  Either way, I have never increased my WR at night.  Almost every time my team dissolves within a minute and I’m the last 1 or 2tanks left while they have 7.  Even when we win, it’s always on the edge of us losing, like we barely win.  Even if it’s 5v3, my team still manages to bring it down to a 1v1 it unbelievable.  And on top of that, I’m top dmg or 2nd 90% of the time, which makes me think it’s not unicums.  Why is this, PLEASE HELP.

Texas_Tyrant #2 Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:57 AM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 12513 battles
  • [UTC]

Must just be you. :)

I play early in the morning and see my WR improve, the exact opposite. :playing:

Right now its 240am in my time zone and Im ready to start tanking. It could be that your tired and other people are also. After 6am it goes downhill for me for the rest of the day.

GL on the battlefield,

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

____Zer0____ #3 Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42004 battles
  • [CRUEL]
I pretty much play exclusively at night.  From about 9pm to 4 am.    Only problem I have is getting games in tiers 9 and 10 without seeing the same 20 players.  Lately I’ve just been playing tier 8 because of that.    On that note, if you want to win consistently, yes, you have to carry every game.  

Edited by ____Zer0____, 19 March 2020 - 10:37 AM.

“ Mm sucks just like u r face. Now Go cry on tissue not here.” ~ raj

tedg5 #4 Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:24 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 57061 battles
  • [AGOGO]
At night I seem to get progressively worse teamwork, and no one wants to use the “normal” metas. It is tougher to consistently get wins. :playing:

BlackBeltBlitzer #5 Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 954 battles
I usually play around 12 now. I used to play around 6. I feel I have more energy around 12, but that could just be me. I’ve never tried to play that late, so I can’t help you there.

Stay Strong and Tank On!

A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction and a Wallet Warrior In Training.

Rou_Garou #6 Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:07 PM

Carriers needed - apply inside

• Players
  • 33873 battles
  • [OP-4]

Daytime is potluck, with school out it is like a weekend

Evenings till midnight can be good,

the quality of teams seem to rotate hourly

Early early morning is good but not a lot of players sometimes

My favorite is between 5 am up to the reset and maybe after

Since I have quit playing weekends, my 30 day has gone up 4%

when the tide turns you gotta take a break

_Cletus #7 Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:24 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32165 battles
  • [III-C]
The freaks come out at night!  I mean, zero's playing then...

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

_GraceToo #8 Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:25 PM

She Said I'm Tragically Hip

• Players
  • 54010 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postsilver_ninja1234, on 18 March 2020 - 10:49 PM, said:

In the past year or so, I believe I have become a much better player.  My WR is only 44.22% but I improved that from around 43% at 8k battles, which I do not think is easy.  During the day/evening, I win about 80% or so of my games.  And when I go down to lower tiers, some lower level players really look up to me.  However, after about 11 p.m. it is absolutely UNBEARABLE to play.  I win 20% of my games at night if I’m lucky.  I don’t know if it’s because all the unicums come on at night and I just can’t match their skill, or if it is all noobs that come out so you have to carry every time.  Either way, I have never increased my WR at night.  Almost every time my team dissolves within a minute and I’m the last 1 or 2tanks left while they have 7.  Even when we win, it’s always on the edge of us losing, like we barely win.  Even if it’s 5v3, my team still manages to bring it down to a 1v1 it unbelievable.  And on top of that, I’m top dmg or 2nd 90% of the time, which makes me think it’s not unicums.  Why is this, PLEASE HELP.

What time zone are you in?  I'm on the west coast, and I've observed the same thing.  I think I even started a thread like this once a year ago.  As soon as it hits about 9-10 pm PST (midnight - 1 am EST) things progressively get even worse than "normal" wrt public matches.

My theory is that in the dark of the night, it's increasingly odd combinations of super strong players, drunks (the in-game chat deteriorates a lot), a higher % of people that don't care, and some of the rest of us.  So teams with negative cohesion, 2 dead on green within 30 seconds and 4 dead within 1 minute, unicums running around feasting, players with 800 battles that just want to land one shot with their 183 before they die, and so on.  So all the things we see in public matches, but magnified.

It's definitely worse in T10.  I stick to T8 in the evenings, but even there, you can generally see who is going to win within the first 10 seconds of a match.

Popcann #9 Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:34 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11903 battles

Mountain time US, and I find 3am till about 7/8 am is best for me, I dont play in the evening after dinner much, I get clobbered, when everyone’s home and I was thinking the best players come out.

early morning kids aren’t up yet, but by 7 am all the businesses are firing up there PCs and my connection goes to crap was my thinking.

j_rod #10 Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:37 PM

Better Looking Than Cletus, and The Forum Jester

• Players
  • 27902 battles
  • [H0B0S]

OP - first and foremost, kudos for your improvement over the last 30 days. Every single measurable is up from your career numbers and at a higher average tier to boot. The challenge you'll now face, which is one that we've all faced, is how to get past your current skill ceiling and up to the next one. 

As to your post, here are a couple thoughts - 

* The playerbase in general seems to have degraded recently, which makes sense if you think about it - you have a group of really strong players that have years of experience coupled with a group of new players that haven't figured it out and then those that fall in the middle. As you continue to play and get better, these differences become even more noticeable, but the hope is that you learn the skills to offset your team's shortcomings when they occur. 

* Things are rarely as good as they seem or as bad as they seem. When I see posts like yours, my typical assumption is that the player has had a bad night, or maybe even a string of bad nights. The key is to take a deep breath, relax and re-evaluate. If you go in to the game playing tense or angry, you're likely to play too aggressively and make more mistakes, which only exacerbates things. 

* The common response on the forums is to take a break when this happens, which makes sense. In practice though, this can be challenging given the addictive nature of the game and the fact that when the chips are down, we have a natural instinct to want to gain back our losses. For me, this is when I specifically switch over to ratings games (assuming it's within that window), knowing that no matter how bad I play, it doesn't affect my overall stats. While the queue times suck, they actually help in that they slow me down and help me settle down when I'm about to play on tilt. I'll play ratings for however long I need to until I'm back in the groove, and then I'll switch back to pub games. 

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

_Cletus #11 Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:49 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32165 battles
  • [III-C]
You know, I've always wondered about a sudden drop in Winrate I had a while back.  Maybe it coincides with me moving out to the country and getting crap wifi and cell service.  I generally only play at night after I put the kids to bed, and I leave the house and park next to a cell tower so I have a good signal, but that relegates the vast majority of my play to night time.  And I do notice that I tend to do a lot better during the day, I'll generally get 2-3 games in during my lunch that I usually do pretty well in.  I'm going to start referring to myself as an undercover unicum.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

HughesYerDaddy #12 Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23646 battles
  • [R--R]
The game is trash 24/7 now. It's been like that for almost 2 years.

silver_ninja1234 #13 Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19616 battles
  • [DOOMD]

View Postj_rod, on 19 March 2020 - 07:37 AM, said:

OP - first and foremost, kudos for your improvement over the last 30 days. Every single measurable is up from your career numbers and at a higher average tier to boot. The challenge you'll now face, which is one that we've all faced, is how to get past your current skill ceiling and up to the next one. 

As to your post, here are a couple thoughts - 

* The playerbase in general seems to have degraded recently, which makes sense if you think about it - you have a group of really strong players that have years of experience coupled with a group of new players that haven't figured it out and then those that fall in the middle. As you continue to play and get better, these differences become even more noticeable, but the hope is that you learn the skills to offset your team's shortcomings when they occur. 

* Things are rarely as good as they seem or as bad as they seem. When I see posts like yours, my typical assumption is that the player has had a bad night, or maybe even a string of bad nights. The key is to take a deep breath, relax and re-evaluate. If you go in to the game playing tense or angry, you're likely to play too aggressively and make more mistakes, which only exacerbates things. 

* The common response on the forums is to take a break when this happens, which makes sense. In practice though, this can be challenging given the addictive nature of the game and the fact that when the chips are down, we have a natural instinct to want to gain back our losses. For me, this is when I specifically switch over to ratings games (assuming it's within that window), knowing that no matter how bad I play, it doesn't affect my overall stats. While the queue times suck, they actually help in that they slow me down and help me settle down when I'm about to play on tilt. I'll play ratings for however long I need to until I'm back in the groove, and then I'll switch back to pub games. 

Well I am glad it is not just me thinking I’m a better player first of all :D.  Also, I think you might be right with the tiredness and tilted thing.  I play a lot during the day and maybe by the time comes I’m just outta gas and am just kind of on autopilot, not playing my best.  I will try your ranked mode tip, I never realized they didn’t affect stats otherwise I would’ve played a lot more of them!  Thanks for the reply!

silver_ninja1234 #14 Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19616 battles
  • [DOOMD]

View Post_GraceToo, on 19 March 2020 - 07:25 AM, said:

What time zone are you in?  I'm on the west coast, and I've observed the same thing.  I think I even started a thread like this once a year ago.  As soon as it hits about 9-10 pm PST (midnight - 1 am EST) things progressively get even worse than "normal" wrt public matches.

My theory is that in the dark of the night, it's increasingly odd combinations of super strong players, drunks (the in-game chat deteriorates a lot), a higher % of people that don't care, and some of the rest of us.  So teams with negative cohesion, 2 dead on green within 30 seconds and 4 dead within 1 minute, unicums running around feasting, players with 800 battles that just want to land one shot with their 183 before they die, and so on.  So all the things we see in public matches, but magnified.

It's definitely worse in T10.  I stick to T8 in the evenings, but even there, you can generally see who is going to win within the first 10 seconds of a match.

I’m in mountain time.  Yeah it feels like whether I play tier 8, 9, or 10, I always lose.  However, around 10 p.m., I was tooning with a new player down at tier 5 and I won almost 90%, so I wonder whether it’s the tier you’re in.

Chiefmac #15 Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 55228 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post_GraceToo, on 19 March 2020 - 06:25 AM, said:

It’s normally when the largest amount of players from SA are playing as well. 

Doc_Ho11iday #16 Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 83760 battles
  • [CMIND]
I know in my time zone, Alaska, that at 8:30 pm EVERY evening the game play takes a hard tumble.  I see so may nubs/newbs it’s just unbearable to play.  It’s just like a light switch, it’s going good, then after that it’s just awful to play anymore.  Tons of players with less than a couple thousand battles and 30-40% win rates are the norm.  

Doilky #17 Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:11 AM

(Doh-Key)

• Players
  • 20361 battles
  • [MSTRY]

One thing I do is switch from my more team dependent tanks to my more OP tanks. At least it gives me a fighting chance.

I've been playing the SU152 and other TDs. The worst thing is when the team doesn't spot, and the reds just push into us and I end up trying to brawl. 

Edited by Doilky, 20 March 2020 - 12:12 AM.

servant111 #18 Posted 20 March 2020 - 02:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13818 battles
  • [WTFOX]

LMOL....What teamwork....this is Blitz....about 70 percent of the games are the light rush to suicide...usually about 30 sec to 1 min.....coupled with the lights abandoning the heavies...to face the virtually undamaged opposing team with 3-4 heavies...which get swarmed by the other undamaged lights...

The scenario flips back and forth based on your luck of the draw....  the teams that win are those teams that play as a team...where the lights do a quick scout....break off...and come back to help the heavies....or the heavies and lights work together following similar paths.

Couple this with those...like me who don't use much gold to shortcut...and like to run tank lines out....you are not going to be able to CARRY with suboptimal tanks in progress.   thus...you will be lucky to break 45 percent.    Those who choose the pay to win tanks...shelling out the coin to buy 12 to 18k gold to purchase these besties.... will have higher win rates...because these units can carry instantly with a decent driver...

Thus...I would not pay much attention to raw win rates....  it just has too many variables.

Also tagged with unicums, noobs, winrate

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users