48 replies to this topic

Alopex__ #41 Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3818 battles
  • [T_W_O]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 27 March 2020 - 03:47 AM, said:

There was no medium meta there was 215b's and then sheridan

I agree. They seem to do everything they can to knock anything but a big stupid heavy down when ever they start to get a leg up. For a minute I thought meds were coming back right after missiles, the heavy players cried and got huge buffs. 

_ImUrHuckleberry #42 Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:38 PM

I have two guns, one for each of you

• Players
  • 15090 battles
  • [-INQ-]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 27 March 2020 - 04:35 AM, said:

IS-4 without armor is a an easy pen for meds and most heavies on the front plate and sides. 
   With the 4% it becomes significantly more than 4% more troll.   

Scrimmages against some clans, it’s much easier (in the gunsight) to shred an IS-4 using Improved Assembly.  
  You can get a lot more bounces with EA than IA.  

Has this been tested? I'd much rather go with a known constant, then some voodoo 4% of who knows wththat nobody has a clue about. I'll give it a shot (In ratings lol); i wonder if the same applies to the Maus. I've been running both with the HP buff.

Edited by _ImUrHuckleberry, 27 March 2020 - 10:38 PM.

BAR_001 #43 Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:20 AM

Mechanized com poster

• Players
  • 30952 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostMr_Qwertyxsad, on 26 March 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

They honestly buffed these T10 heavies HP to offset what the missiles were doing.  ITs the same with the T1 Heavy and BDR buffs in T5, the M6 and ARL 44 buffs in T6 to offset the KV-2 without touching the stats, and the T7 heavy buffs around the Smasher.

By buffing tanks around the problem tank, it becomes less of a problem and is more easily dealt with by the tanks who once struggled with it.

This^^.  Bushka nailed it right out of the gate. Missiles are NOT balance friendly.

RNG doesn't bother hackers.

One_Exorbitant_Purple #44 Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:56 PM

The Cripple Who Is Whole

• Players
  • 19827 battles
  • [_V_]
Really? I found the meta more balanced then it used to be. No heavy spam, no medium spam, no TD spam. It’s usually pretty balanced for me. Other than new tanks being played more because they are new

Absolute_Sniper #45 Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41707 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 27 March 2020 - 10:38 PM, said:

Has this been tested? I'd much rather go with a known constant, then some voodoo 4% of who knows wththat nobody has a clue about. I'll give it a shot (In ratings lol); i wonder if the same applies to the Maus. I've been running both with the HP buff.

In pub games it’s noticeable. For tourneys however the HP buff gives you the better advantage IMO. Most decent clans will have no trouble penning and will switch to gold ammo if you’re hull down. The IS-4 is also nimble enough to catch most missiles on the tracks for zero damage. 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

One_Exorbitant_Purple #46 Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:08 PM

The Cripple Who Is Whole

• Players
  • 19827 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 28 March 2020 - 05:21 PM, said:

In pub games it’s noticeable. For tourneys however the HP buff gives you the better advantage IMO. Most decent clans will have no trouble penning and will switch to gold ammo if you’re hull down. The IS-4 is also nimble enough to catch most missiles on the tracks for zero damage. 

I prefer armour buff since—imo—it actually improves the stats of the tank whereas the HP buff just makes it a bit more forgiving. And if they switch to prammo all the better since it reduces their dpm. In the end, 8 rounds of prammo shot at me probably saved me more hp than 200 hp

Absolute_Sniper #47 Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41707 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostFallenCabbage3, on 28 March 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

I prefer armour buff since—imo—it actually improves the stats of the tank whereas the HP buff just makes it a bit more forgiving. And if they switch to prammo all the better since it reduces their dpm. In the end, 8 rounds of prammo shot at me probably saved me more hp than 200 hp

While that’s true, most clans doing tier X tourneys know how to focus fire. This means your gonna take multiple hits in rapid succession. Often times the armor buff doesn’t matter and the extra hp is the difference between being dead and being a one shot. I’ve finished a lot of tourney games as a one shot. I see the argument from both sides and don’t know that there is a definitive right or wrong answer. Mostly just whatever works best for the individual. Having said that I run the armor buff on several light tanks. I find it makes some of them HE proof and that makes a huge difference.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

One_Exorbitant_Purple #48 Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:20 PM

The Cripple Who Is Whole

• Players
  • 19827 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 28 March 2020 - 06:15 PM, said:

While that’s true, most clans doing tier X tourneys know how to focus fire. This means your gonna take multiple hits in rapid succession. Often times the armor buff doesn’t matter and the extra hp is the difference between being dead and being a one shot. I’ve finished a lot of tourney games as a one shot. I see the argument from both sides and don’t know that there is a definitive right or wrong answer. Mostly just whatever works best for the individual. Having said that I run the armor buff on several light tanks. I find it makes some of them HE proof and that makes a huge difference.

I guess I’m not very experienced in tournaments. I mostly play pub matches so that’s probably why I prefer armour buff

j_rod #49 Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:36 PM

Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 27601 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 28 March 2020 - 12:15 PM, said:

Where the armor buff really shines is when the tank is angling. Armor inspector doesn’t have the option to, but add 4% to the armor in the examples shown below and all of a sudden those auto-pens are bouncing. 

I remember when the TankBoom! Podcast was a thing and Lokeen and Lephturn were talking about which to equip. It always stuck with me that Lokeen talked about always doing the armor boost bc of how it screwed with the numbers more. 

https://imgur.com/a/XG7ufCA

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users