Jump to content


Anyone seeing 600 to 1,500 ping with 5% packet loss?


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

9_V0LT #1 Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:01 AM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 10285 battles
  • 2,939
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

Been like this all day. Completely unplayable. 
 

Called my provider, but hung up after waiting on hold for half an hour. 
Regular internet seems to work ok, no problems with video streaming. Just wanted to know if others have been experiencing it. 
 

Restarted router and cable modem, did all usual troubleshooting. 


Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.


j_rod #2 Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:03 AM

    Better Looking Than Cletus

  • Players
  • 27601 battles
  • 1,821
  • [H0B0S]
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View Post9_V0LT, on 26 March 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

Been like this all day. Completely unplayable. 
 

Called my provider, but hung up after waiting on hold for half an hour. 
Regular internet seems to work ok, no problems with video streaming. Just wanted to know if others have been experiencing it. 
 

Restarted router and cable modem, did all usual troubleshooting. 


Yeah had that problem earlier. Then I blocked my wife’s iPad from the wifi.

 

Problem solved.


If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum
 

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

 


swampydoodle #3 Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:22 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23298 battles
  • 634
  • [FUSAG]
  • Member since:
    12-16-2016

View Postj_rod, on 26 March 2020 - 04:03 PM, said:


Yeah had that problem earlier. Then I blocked my wife’s iPad from the wifi.

 

Problem solved.


Frozen peas are a good option to reduce the swelling in the sensitive area where she kicked you after that bold move. o7



j_rod #4 Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:28 AM

    Better Looking Than Cletus

  • Players
  • 27601 battles
  • 1,821
  • [H0B0S]
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View Postswampydoodle, on 26 March 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:


Frozen peas are a good option to reduce the swelling in the sensitive area where she kicked you after that bold move. o7


She just thinks the internet is out...lol


If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum
 

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

 


_Crusader6_ #5 Posted 27 March 2020 - 01:08 AM

    The Society’s NA President

  • Players
  • 65627 battles
  • 13,601
  • [SURG3]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

Manually log out in game - then log back in.

 



 
Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/413 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


_Cletus #6 Posted 27 March 2020 - 01:46 AM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 27975 battles
  • 6,527
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Postj_rod, on 26 March 2020 - 06:28 PM, said:


She just thinks the internet is out...lol

 

You are dumb yet brave soul.  I salute you!


Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

 

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

 

KoV3LiK.jpg

 

Chiefmac #7 Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:30 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 52103 battles
  • 400
  • [ROTI]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2014

View Post__Crusader6__, on 26 March 2020 - 05:08 PM, said:

Manually log out in game - then log back in.

 


Hey Cru - every time I’ve tried this I get bumped from NA1 to NA2 and the problem gets WAY worse. 



____Zer0____ #8 Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:37 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37763 battles
  • 1,730
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016

View Postj_rod, on 26 March 2020 - 06:03 PM, said:


Yeah had that problem earlier. Then I blocked my wife’s iPad from the wifi.

 

Problem solved.


Yes.   The redistribution of band width. The most important problem solving. :great:
 


Edited by ____Zer0____, 27 March 2020 - 10:37 AM.


“ Mm sucks just like u r face. Now Go cry on tissue not here.” ~ raj

 

 

 


Meat_Locker #9 Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:06 PM

    Large Member

  • Players
  • 47802 battles
  • 1,559
  • [TOES]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014
500+ ping and 5% packet loss for most of day, yesterday.


 


_Crusader6_ #10 Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:38 PM

    The Society’s NA President

  • Players
  • 65627 battles
  • 13,601
  • [SURG3]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostChiefmac, on 27 March 2020 - 02:30 AM, said:


Hey Cru - every time I’ve tried this I get bumped from NA1 to NA2 and the problem gets WAY worse. 


Weird.

 What is PingPlotter telling you. 



 
Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/413 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


Chiefmac #11 Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:35 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 52103 battles
  • 400
  • [ROTI]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2014

View Post__Crusader6__, on 27 March 2020 - 04:38 AM, said:


Weird.

 What is PingPlotter telling you. 

That my packet loss is too high, which is interesting since I play 90% of the time on Verizon 4G LTE. 



_Crusader6_ #12 Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:02 PM

    The Society’s NA President

  • Players
  • 65627 battles
  • 13,601
  • [SURG3]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostChiefmac, on 27 March 2020 - 09:35 AM, said:

That my packet loss is too high, which is interesting since I play 90% of the time on Verizon 4G LTE. 


Any hops specifically causing the packet loss?  
  
I usually notice better stability when I disconnect manually and log back in / just because that seems to solve one of the problematic hops, but I rarely play on LTE.  
 

 

 



 
Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/413 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


krietenstein34 #13 Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:59 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 31799 battles
  • 2,177
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2015
I had to un install..... Re install.   Big issues immediately after update.   Weirdest part, it took 4 hours plus to install.   Worked fine yesterday. 30 ping
:girl:

Chiefmac #14 Posted 28 March 2020 - 07:08 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 52103 battles
  • 400
  • [ROTI]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2014

View Post__Crusader6__, on 27 March 2020 - 12:02 PM, said:


Any hops specifically causing the packet loss?  
  
I usually notice better stability when I disconnect manually and log back in / just because that seems to solve one of the problematic hops, but I rarely play on LTE.  
 

 

 

No hops I’m seeing. I just find it interesting that every time I log out manually then log back in, I get bounced from NA1 to NA2. (I’m weird, I check which server I’m on when I log in before entering any battles.) 


Edited by Chiefmac, 28 March 2020 - 07:08 AM.


j_rod #15 Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:53 PM

    Better Looking Than Cletus

  • Players
  • 27601 battles
  • 1,821
  • [H0B0S]
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View Post_Cletus, on 26 March 2020 - 07:46 PM, said:

 

You are dumb yet brave soul.  I salute you!

 

View Post____Zer0____, on 27 March 2020 - 04:37 AM, said:


Yes.   The redistribution of band width. The most important problem solving. :great:
 


All was good until I forgot to turn it back on this morning and she found out. Thing is, she doesn’t get mad, she gets even and it’s the suspense of waiting for her retaliation that’s the worst. 


If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum
 

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

 


TMWC #16 Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:58 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 22276 battles
  • 9
  • [1HPD]
  • Member since:
    07-03-2016

Same here. I'm on wired 1 gig, but mid game just kept dropping. Ping ok, ~40. Haven't tested today . 



swampydoodle #17 Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:00 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23298 battles
  • 634
  • [FUSAG]
  • Member since:
    12-16-2016

View Postj_rod, on 28 March 2020 - 08:53 AM, said:

 


All was good until I forgot to turn it back on this morning and she found out. Thing is, she doesn’t get mad, she gets even and it’s the suspense of waiting for her retaliation that’s the worst. 


Good luck and god speed. o7






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users