Guys...it’s finally happened. ITS OFFICIAL

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

acrisis #21 Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20703 battles
  • [III-C]

When the games are not happening to your satisfaction, it is better to take a break, rather than digging into a series of games, starting a loss streak. 

The other blitz game, which I have been playing on and off, less fun than wotb really, my wr has dropped from >65% to below 61% now, I lose three to four games for every hard fought win lately. Forced to watch ads. Horrible credits, equipment and captains system. Weekly pay to win premium ships and captains. Three player platoons abuse the matchmaker with 70% 80% 90% win rate runs. Etc

With greater than 75% accuracy, one can tell in the first minute how it is going to go down. So there you are in the end results: a typical top 1-2-3 on the team, lone survivor, spotting, capping, doing the damage, ... getting battle stars for best on team, but the wins are not coming in. Last time I played was a 6 losses to 1 win ratio. Remained calm. Figured it would even out. Trying to grind a couple ships. Nope. Two hours. No fun. Dropped below 61%. Uninstalled. 

And, what does this have to do with tanks ...

The better one plays, the more frustrating it is to see poor play, to see opportunities to win squandered, to unfair matchups, ... 

The higher one’s hard fought win rate, the more frustrating it is to lose it.

The higher one’s win rate, the harder it is to maintain it mathematically. 

It is much easier to lose than to win. 

One can try to do everything right, at the right time, be the most insightful and highest wr player ... but you are still 1 out of 7, and there is only so much you can do. Adapt as much as you can. And, take it on the chin. Teams take, and teams give.

It really can be ( or just is ? ) frustrating that WR is the primary metric in WG titles.  I rather like personal performance, damage, positive actions, etc instead ... because you do what you can, get shown how well you did based on whatever metrics and that is about it. You don’t get a wr drop down because you got stomped again due to matchmaking, lineups, cheaters ( in other client based games ), ... 

And, nobody called you out as a bad player after complementing you for improving your game. Unless one is in the top 0.1%, everybody can still improve in some area or another. Map awareness, situational awareness, tank knowledge, tank type experience, ...  One can question whether that ultimately is healthy or obsessive; but as much as well all try to play smart, we can all improve further. 

Anyhow. When the wins don’t come, take a break, pick the game back up another day. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

BlackBeltBlitzer #22 Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 723 battles

View PostAndromeda_74, on 28 March 2020 - 02:42 AM, said:

I think I was on your team once today. Sorry for my crappy game play. I really do try.

As do I.

Stay Strong and Tank On!

A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction and a Wallet Warrior In Training.

oicram1 #23 Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:14 PM

Mono Prime

• Players
  • 42555 battles
  • [DEF_4]

In my day, we had to tank uphill in the snow, both ways!

Take a break from the game, we have all been in the crap team/mm is drunk/why is my piñata full of spiders etc, etc....

"Yo no estudio para saber más, sino para ignorar menos.” 
"I do not study to know more, but to ignore less."
                Sor Juana Inés De la Cruz

millennial_killer #24 Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:42 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3652 battles
  • [GEMP]

View Postsilver_ninja1234, on 28 March 2020 - 04:57 AM, said:

I mean look at these clowns.  

Stupid is as STUPID DOES

Blartch #25 Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:29 AM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 64268 battles
  • [BRSKT]
Bottom line: who really gives a Flip Wilson?

j_rod #26 Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:34 AM

Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 27601 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostBlartch, on 28 March 2020 - 11:29 PM, said:

Bottom line: who really gives a Flip Wilson?

Geraldine. 

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

Tackywheat1 #27 Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:21 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 13645 battles
  • [T-T-T]

View Postj_rod, on 27 March 2020 - 11:09 PM, said:

View Postsilver_ninja1234, on 27 March 2020 - 10:57 PM, said:

I mean look at these clowns.  

Get used to that man. That same player is on red the next game. All you can control is yourself and how you play. 

I had around 5 matches (almost in a row) with one IS-7 toon (all on green) at tier 9 and 10.... Also had 1 min wait time in matchmaking with 40 tier 10 in queue. oh well...

Edited by Tackywheat1, 29 March 2020 - 06:23 PM.

j_rod #28 Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:35 PM

Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 27601 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostTackywheat1, on 29 March 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

I had around 5 matches (almost in a row) with one IS-7 toon (all on green) at tier 9 and 10.... Also had 1 min wait time in matchmaking with 40 tier 10 in queue. oh well...

I meant that figuratively but that sucks when that happens. Sorry man

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

Tackywheat1 #29 Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:09 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 13645 battles
  • [T-T-T]

View Postj_rod, on 29 March 2020 - 01:35 PM, said:

I meant that figuratively but that sucks when that happens. Sorry man

Yeah its just anecdotal and it was at around 3:00 AM at night for me

GIF by spartacusdiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing. I'm back

Permanent credit deficit

Roberto577_One #30 Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:05 AM

Chungus Supreme

• Players
  • 8481 battles
  • [CURSD]
To respond to OP, MM is crappy sometimes. Best you can do is play well and hope your team does decent. I had a 30 winstreak once, it's what boosted me from 62%, which I had been sitting at for a couple thousand battles, to 62.5%. I played exceptionally well, and my team did decent. Occasionally I'll have a bad batch of games, but I usually have good ones to compensate.

Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.

King__David #31 Posted 30 March 2020 - 08:15 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47261 battles
  • [KNELL]
I know what you are talking about. Last night teams were so bad I couldn't get a game without someone on my team doing zero damage. At one point I even got 4 zeros. It comes in waves. This usually only happens during the summer when more people have free time but with quarantine going and 14 days of free premium time. Lot more trash players are online than normal.  They will leave at some point and things will get back to normal. Also for the first time in a really long time, I went on a losing streak of more than 5 games last night.  Like some had said its better to stop as I did and come back later. Don't keep playing you just make things worse for yourself. 

Valkyrie04 #32 Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2718 battles
  • [AGOGO]
OMG IS IT TRULY OFFICIAL?!

Tanya, I told you they were going to find us! Now I've got to flee outta here!... What do you mean by KGB? I thought only GRU was after me! Comrades, don't give 'em any information about me. I was never here, we never met!

До свидания - Valkyrie04

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users