Ideas for New Japanese for Blitz (And cookies)

Japan Japanese new tanks idea want cookies

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Interrogation time (4 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Would you accept these tanks into Blitz? (With changes)

1. Yes, I love them (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No, you’re crazy (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Only some of them (3 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

4. I came for the cookies (1 vote [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Which lines do you support?

1. Light tank (no.1) (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. TD line (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. Light tank (No.2) (1 vote [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. Premium tanks (1 vote [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. Where are the cookies (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

6. None (0 votes [0.00%])

Do you like the APC tank (Light tank no.2 line) idea?

1. No (3 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Give me the cookies (2 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Why did you click on this thread??

1. The cookies. (1 vote [25.00%] - View)

2. I am an intellectual (2 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. I like Japanese tanks (1 vote [25.00%] - View)

4. I saw FallenCabbage3 made it (0 votes [0.00%])

Do you approve of the raised/lowered position idea? (With changes)

1. Yes (3 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

3. If you give cookie (1 vote [25.00%] - View)

What about the Type 60 SS1-4 (Or Type 60 SS3 (Or Type 60 “Kai”))

1. Yes, it’s so crazy it could work (2 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No you’re crazy (1 vote [25.00%] - View)

3. ... (1 vote [25.00%] - View)

Vote Hide poll

Purplet #1 Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:48 PM

The Cripple Who Is Whole

• Players
  • 20761 battles
  • [_V2_]

First things first, if you read this to the end you get a cookie. So with the upcoming Japanese tanks I’ve decided that I wanted to do some research in order to satisfy myself and also to give some ideas for new Japanese tanks. I know a lot of these tanks are fairly new/newer but Japan was behind on the tank game by about 10-20 years so I had to make due with what I had. I will split these up into a few different sections. A light tank line, and TD line, and an experimental line (which I just made for fun) that is kinda unrealistic. Under each of these lines I will have a premium tank section, if there are any premium tanks I can add. Please feel free, even encouraged, to comment with some ideas of your own and better ways to balance the tanks I add. Here is what I propose:

=================================================================================

THE LIGHT TANK LINE (NO.1)

Tier 10: Type 89

Source: https://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=683

Source: http://goinkyox.com/Gunji/Tank/JTank/Type89.htm

Firepower:

This tank would have a 33mm autocannon in real life and ATGM. I was thinking increase the dmg from a normal 33mm gun since it’s at tier ten as well as an auto loader. The viewrange will be similar to BC and the camo will be better than the BC, since it will be fairly small. The auto loader will dump out shots fairly quick to compensate for the low pen it will have. However the after shot dispersion will be just high enough so that the gun won’t be fully aimed when firing as fast as possible. It will make you think, deciding if it’s worth it to blow you cover, or spot for your teammates.

Mobility:

A 72 km top speed with something like 30 hp/w ratio. And avg terrain resistance. This will be a scouting tank--even more so than the BC. The traverse for the hull should be decent, better while reversing for a little bit of uniqueness. The turret will be a slower turning turret. This will allow it to utilize its camo and view range to fulfill its primary role of spotting without being seen as well as making it hard to abuse the mobility to circle heavy tanks, albeit still possible.

Armour: 

None, this thing is paper. Fully HE able, except for tracks and super small angles. Nothing else to add here.

Statistics:

Speed: 72 km

Armour: Hull will be 35/20/15. Turret will be 35/20/15.

View range: 260m

Camo: 40%

Hit Points: 1750

Effective Hp/w ratio: 35

The Gun: 35mm auto loader (can be changed to a 76 or 80mm): 

Damage: 160 (standard)

Penetration: 230/280/40

Dispersion: 0.34

Clip stats: 4 shell clip, 1.6 second inter clip reload. 640 dmg in 4.8 seconds. 

Reload: 10 seconds

RoF: 16.2

DPM: 2594

Tier 9: The Type 60 ATM

Source: https://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=322

(I couldn’t find a link for the ATM, but it is the same thing as the Type 60 SPRG, just with missile launchers)

Now here me out on this, I know I know, it's a ATGM tank. But we can do some tinkering on this to keep the ATGM spam down. The tank will be a two shot autoloader that shoots missiles. These missiles could be non guided missiles, so it would be Type 60 ATM. Or we could do a combination of both and make standard round non guided and gold rounds guided after the first 100m. This way the American ATGM are still unique and the high tiers aren't ATGM spammed. Also, I realize this is a tank destroyer, but it's a glass tank tank destroyer. Basically a light tank without camo, or WG could just make it a light tank. The stats below will be for a Type 60 ATM not ATGM.

Firepower:

I've already discussed this, read above. Two shot autoloader btw. And since there are no turrets the guns would be vulnerable to being damaged. I do not know if these guns can turn 360 degrees, or if they are only front facing. Remember, these are missiles, so the accuracy will be good—at least fully aimed but probably not on the move. Guns fire from left to right. Also I have an idea that I will explain in the next tank that can also apply to this tank, but I decided not to. If you think it is a good idea, then let me know.

Mobility: 

It would have a 70 km limit and a 10-15 km reverse. The travese would be fairly decent too, and the guns would turn at a slow rate. The HP/W would be in the 30 or so range again. Avg terrain resistance. The camo will be decent again. And viewrange I think will be a touch below type 61.

​Armour: Can stop machine guns. The guns will be very vulnerable to being damaged.

Statistics: 

Speed: 70 km

Armour: 12/10/10

View range: 255m

Camo: 38%

Hit points:1550

Effective Hp/w ratio: 28

The gun (missile launcher):

Penetration: 220/270/50

Damage: 310

Dispersion: .328

Clip stats: 2 shot auto loader, 3 second inter clip reload. 620 damage in 3 seconds

Reload: 13 seconds 

RoF: 7.5

DPM: 2325

Tier 8: Type 60 SPRG

Source: https://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=322

Source: http://goinkyox.com/Gunji/Tank/JTank/Type60.htm

This tank will have a focus on scouting again, and the main difference from the tier 9 is that it has normalish guns with a two shot autoloader. Also don't forget that this is a tank destroyer in real life, but could be considered a light tank for balance. 

Firepower: 

A two shot 106mm autoloader that has a longish reload to counter the higher single shot damage and nonexistent inter-clip reload. Also this gun only fires chemical warheads, so only HEAT and HESH. Also, a fun fact, the SPRG stands for Self Propelled Recoilless Gun. This means that the after shot dispersion would be non existent right? 

You might’ve noticed I said nonexistent inter-clip reload. No, it isn’t a typo. Since it has two barrels, it is able to fire both rounds almost instantaneously like the Helsing. However, unlike the Helsing this tank doesn’t have to fire both at once. Also unlike the Helsing is its after shot dispersion. Because it is a recoil less tank, there is no after shot dispersion allowing to fire two fully aimed shots. But it doesn’t have a 360 degree turret, and is limited by that. (This is the idea that could be applied to the Type 60 ATM)

I also have another idea for this tank. It has two firing positions in real life so why not make use of them? 

Raised position:

Picture:

Benefits:

• Wider gun arc 
  • More elevation and depression

In the raised position the SPRG will enjoy a 60 (total) degree gun arc and 12 degrees of gun depression as well as 25 degrees of elevation. 

Lowered Position:

Picture:

Benefits:

• Better DPM
  • Better gun handling

Downfalls:

• Worse elevation and depression 
  • Worse gun arc

In the lowered position the SPRG will enjoy a faster RoF and better gun handling but at the cost of elevation (-4/10) and gun arc angles (-6/ 5). I was thinking a gun buff of 15-20% in this position. That is just off the top of my head though, so comment what you think it should be.

When switching positions:

• It will take 4 seconds
  • During this time the tank cannot move, fire, or perform any action
  • If loaded, the guns will stay loaded
  • If the tank is reloading during this action, the reloading will stop and restart once the action is complete.

Mobility:

Ditto the tier 9 (same chassis)

Armour:

Ditto tier 9

Statistics: 

Speed:70 km 

View range: 250m

Hit points: 1250

Effective Hp/w ratio: 26

The gun in raised position (106mm all Heat/HE(SH):

Damage: 250 (standard)

Dispersion: .37

Pen: 170/235/50

Clip Stats: 2 shot auto loader, 500 damage in .1 seconds. Fires left gun to right gun. 

Reload: 13.95

RoF: 8.6

DPM: 2150

Gun arc: -30 / 30

Gun elevation: -12 / 25

The Gun in lowered position (15% buff)

Dispersion: .315

Reload: 11.85

RoF: 10.12

DPM: 2530

Gun arc: -6 / 5 (left/right)

Gun elevation: -4 / 10

Let me know if you think this is good, bad, or ugly! And if I should scrap it or adjust it. Thank you

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

LIGHT TANK PREMIUMS

Tier 8: Type 60 SS1-4 (or Type 60 SS3 (or Type 60 “Kai”;))

Source: http://goinkyox.com/Gunji/Tank/JTank/Type60P.htm

To be honest I don’t know how to balance this ... thing. Look up a picture of it. I could get rid of the nonexistent inter-clip reload, and give it a auto-reloader. I could make it a normal auto loader. I know it can’t lower its guns though, at least I think. For now I am just going to leave it like this and have you guys decide if it should even be considered. 

Tier 8: Type 60 SS4

Source: http://goinkyox.com/Gunji/Tank/JTank/Type60.htm

Firepower: 

The SS4 was equipped with American made M40 105mm recoilless rifles. This will have better penetration then the SPRG but will have a slower reload. It will essentially be the same vehicle, just with a slower firing, more powerful gun. It will have two firing positions of the SPRG.

Mobility:

Ditto the previous tanks

Armour: 

“Armour protection is only 12mm at its thickest...” -a website

Stats:

Speed:70 km 

View range: 250m

Hit points: 1250

Effective Hp/w ratio: 26

The gun in raised position (105mm all Heat/HE):

Damage: 250 (standard)

Dispersion: .36

Pen:189/250/55

Clip Stats: 2 shot auto loader, 500 damage in .1 seconds. Fires left gun to right gun. 

Reload: 15.5

RoF: 7.74

DPM: 1935

Gun arc: -30 / 30

Gun elevation: -12 / 25

The Gun in lowered position (15% buff for gun handling, 17% for reload)

Dispersion: .306

Reload: 12.9

RoF: 9.3

DPM: 2325

Gun arc: -6 / 5

Gun elevation: -4 / 10

=================================================================================

TANK DESTROYER LINE (NO.2)

If you have read this far, I congratulate and thank you. The cookie is still waiting. In this line I am proposing a mobile TD line that is very vulnerable, unlike the new Japanese TDs that were just added. Most will have a turret and big guns on top of a chassis. The turrets are as big as the chassis... But they are able to get around. Not as fast as the previous line, and not as fast as the Grille. They will be like a medium tank maneuverability with a slow heavy tanks turret—without the armour. A lot of them are howitzers, so they will have a slower velocity shell. Here is what I propose:

Tier ten: Type 99 SPH

Source: https://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=832

Source: http://goinkyox.com/Gunji/Tank/JTank/Type99.htm

This tank look familiar? That’s because it is. The Type 99 was built with the chassis of the Type 89—the tier ten light tank. With a 360 degree turret, 50 kph top speed, and 155mm gun, this will be able to get the job done. However, the tank—as you can see— has a massive turret for its size which incorporates aluminum to protect it. So it will be a big HE target.

Firepower:

The 155mm gun will have slightly below average pen for a TD, and average DPM. The shell velocity would be slower than average since it is a howitzer, as well as average dispersion. 

Mobility: 

The Type 99 will have a 50 kph speed limit along with a power/weight ratio of 20. The traverse will be like a slow medium or fast heavy, with the turret traverse of a heavy tank.

Armour:

This tank uses aluminum in an attempt to help protect its light tank chassis.

Stats:

Speed: 53 kph

Armour: (turret) 30/25/20 (Hull) 35/30/20

View range: 250

Camo: 25%

Hit points: 1750

HP/W ratio: 18

The gun (155mm)

Damage: 640 (standard)

Dispersion: .32

Pen: 270/345/85

Reload: 13

RoF: 4.6

DPM: 2944

Tier 9: Type 75 SPG

Source: https://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=781

Source: http://goinkyox.com/Gunji/Tank/JTank/Type75.htm

This tank is very similar to the tier ten tank, so I will skip straight to the stats. I will say that the chassis was built on a modified STB (Type 74 MBT) chassis.

Stats:

Speed: 53 kph

Armour: (turret) 30/25/20 (Hull) 35/30/20

View range: 250

Hit points: 1500

HP/W ratio: 17

The gun (155mm)

Damage: 640 (standard)

Dispersion: .33

Pen: 260/330/85

Reload: 14.2 

RoF: 4.22

DPM: 2700

Tier 8: Type 74 SPH

Source: https://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=718

Source: http://goinkyox.com/Gunji/Tank/JTank/Type74-105.htm

Again, this tank is much like the previous. The major difference is the fact that it has a 105mm gun instead of a 155mm gun.

Firepower:

105mm gun with a fully rotatable turret. 

Mobility:

handles like a slower medium, with a slow turret.

Armour:

This tank’s armour consists mostly of aluminum. It is also a very big target.

Stats:

Speed: 50km

Armour: (turret) 20/20/15 (Hull) 30/25/20

Viewrange: 240

Hit points: 1100

HP/ weight ratio: 16

The gun (105mm):

Damage: 350 (Standard)

Dispersion: .34

Pen: 230/280/45

Reload: 8.75

RoF: 6.85

DPM: 2400

LIGHT TANK LINE (NO.2)

This is the experimental line I was talking about at the beginning. I saw these tanks while researching and thought it might be fun to come up with ideas for them. Currently I do not think I will go into detail on them since it’s unlikely these will even be considered, but I’ll talk a little about them.

APC TANKS (ARMOUR PERSONNEL CARRIER)

What are they:

APCs purpose in battle is to transport troops to battle, or high level personnel around. They can also be used for reconnaissance. Therefore, they have no guns; only mobility.

What they can do in Blitz:

The only thing that they could do in Blitz is spot and ram. In order to balance teams we could limit only one per team and the team that has one would get an extra top tier tank. So say A has 5 tier 8s and 2 tier 7s. Team B has an APC tank so that means team B gets an extra top tier tank. So team B would look like this: 6 tier 8s, 1 tier 7, 1 APC. Team A would be: 5 Tier 8s, 2 tier 7s. 

I was also thinking they could do some kind of Mad Games thing where they target an enemy and do 10% extra damage for 10 seconds or whatever. I kinda dislike that because it is a bit too arcadey for me thou.

EXTRA TANKS:

Here I will list tank(s) that I know of but do not know where to put. You can put where you think these tanks should go in the comments, or if they should be removed.

Tier Ten: Type 16 (light tank/TD/medium tank)

Source: https://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=687

This a very new tank, 2016 if I remember. That’s why I put it in this section because I think it’s too new for blitz. But, I’m here so I might as well put it in.

Firepower:

A rotating turret equipped with a 105mm gun. Not much else to add here.

Mobility: 

Very fast, with wheels instead of tracks. I would give it a 72 kph speed in Blitz. The wheels could mean that it would have bad soft and medium terrain resistance stats but good hard stats. It could also slide a lot...? Not sure if that’s a mechanic.

Armour:

Very little armour. Due to having wheels this tank could have low HP in the wheels, meaning it would get tracked a lot.

Stats: I’m not going to put stats in right now, but the above information should give you an idea of what it could be like.

NOTES:

I didn’t add the Japanese Heavies because you already know about them. Originally I was against the Japanese heavies, but after thinking about it I think they could work in this game. Blitz is becoming a mobility wins meta, since prammo can negate most armour. And with all these fast tanks coming in this game, maybe—just maybe—the Japanese heavies could be okay. In PC they are cancer, but this is a different game and that means WG can make them into different tanks. 

So that’s the end of it. I know some of these tanks are unrealistic, but coronacation has me bored. Thank you for reading this wall of text, I hoped you enjoyed it. Maybe someday some of these tanks will be added, and if they are I’ll be the first to get em :izmena: I will continue to research more tanks to add to this list, namely tier 7s to fill in the gaps. Oh—if you read the whole thing for the cookie... I’m sorry, I got hungry while I was typing.  Better luck next time :coin:

TL;DR: 

I was bored and made a bunch of tank ideas. I also lied to you and ate your cookie. 

Sorry one last thing. How do you put pictures on here because I tried Imgur but it didn’t let me

Edited by FallenCabbage3, 28 March 2020 - 11:17 PM.

BlackBeltBlitzer #2 Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 930 battles
That sounds really cool, except for the APC tanks. They would just be destroyed. A derp tank would take them out easily, and with that little armor, it would be destroyed when it rammed.

Stay Strong and Tank On!

A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction and a Wallet Warrior In Training.

Purplet #3 Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:03 PM

The Cripple Who Is Whole

• Players
  • 20761 battles
  • [_V2_]

View PostJesseRSmith11, on 28 March 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

That sounds really cool, except for the APC tanks. They would just be destroyed. A derp tank would take them out easily, and with that little armor, it would be destroyed when it rammed.

Ya that’s what I figured. They would be annoying end game as well since they would just run away

Texas_Tyrant #4 Posted 28 March 2020 - 07:14 PM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 12111 battles
  • [UTC]

I found this article hard to read without photo's. You need to add pictures so tankers know what they're reading about. Could you add links under every tank?

Texas_Tyrant

Edited by Texas_Tyrant, 28 March 2020 - 07:17 PM.

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

Texas_Tyrant #5 Posted 28 March 2020 - 07:25 PM

• Players
  • 12111 battles
  • [UTC]
If these tanks are accepted Israeli tanks should be accepted. The Merkava Mk1 proto was finished about 1975ish, these tanks were produced in 1989.

BlackBeltBlitzer #6 Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 930 battles

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 28 March 2020 - 07:25 PM, said:

If these tanks are accepted Israeli tanks should be accepted. The Merkava Mk1 proto was finished about 1975ish, these tanks were produced in 1989.

Israel tanks sound cool!

Stay Strong and Tank On!

Purplet #7 Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:53 PM

The Cripple Who Is Whole

• Players
  • 20761 battles
  • [_V2_]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 28 March 2020 - 07:14 PM, said:

I found this article hard to read without photo's. You need to add pictures so tankers know what they're reading about. Could you add links under every tank?

Texas_Tyrant

I had photos from imgur but it said imgur wasn’t allowed. And any other way wouldn’t show the photos. I will put links in however, if it lets me.

Purplet #8 Posted 28 March 2020 - 11:18 PM

The Cripple Who Is Whole

• Players
  • 20761 battles
  • [_V2_]
Sorry for the lack of pictures, I tried my best but I’m no tech guy. I did put in links however, so I hope they will suffice

BlackBeltBlitzer #9 Posted 28 March 2020 - 11:47 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 930 battles

View PostFallenCabbage3, on 28 March 2020 - 11:18 PM, said:

Sorry for the lack of pictures, I tried my best but I’m no tech guy. I did put in links however, so I hope they will suffice

No worries. I am no tech genius either. It took me a while to figure out this reply editor. :D ;)

Stay Strong and Tank On!

Texas_Tyrant #10 Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:11 AM

• Players
  • 12111 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostFallenCabbage3, on 28 March 2020 - 05:18 PM, said:

Thanks, it is a lot nicer now!

Tech Tree Lights

Type 60: A good tank, would be nice to see at tier X.

Type 60 SP: I think you need to find another tank for tier IX. It doesn't fit the tech tree well, would be a cool TD but not right here.  I also do not think a two shot ATGM would be a good idea. Overall neat tank, but not here.

Type 60 SPRG: Again, same as above. IMO it should be slightly more different than the Type 60 SP instead of guns but ok. Good TD, bad light tank. Double barrel gun is cool though!

Light Tank Premiums

Type 60 SS1-4: Arty? Cool tank, not sure it'll work. https://forum.warthu...recoilless-td/  Overall nice tank, TD though IMO.

Type 60 SS4: Should work in game. Classify it as a TD instead of a light.

Tank Destroyers

Type 99 SPH: No offense, but what is the unique? Nothing special about this tank. Another thing is size, IJA HT's aren't in game because they are too big, this TD looks the same way too. Too big. https://en.wikipedia...d_howitzer Neat idea, but nothing special about it. Idk really care for it, I guess it'll work.

Type 75 SPG: This could work, same as above^

Type 74 SPH: Ok tank. Needs to be mobile to compensate for size, meh gun, and armor!

Overall I don't think they'd fit in WoTB but if WG wants to ad them alright. 

APC tanks: NO. These have NO place in Blitz. In addition I can just here people complaining about lopsided teams because of MM. Leave it alone.

Light Tank

Type 16: Too new as you say, but look at this; https://wiki.wargami...Panhard_EBR_105

Same thing almost but older. Already in WoT pc.The thing about this is it may be too mobile. Maps are too small IMO. Cool if iis was here and I won't hate on it! :justwait:

Overall

There's some neat stuff that could work, I recommend revising it. Figure out putting the tree together some how else, replacing the Light tank line with actual Light tanks instead of TD's. 

PS

Godamyou, I wanted my cookie

GL,

Texas_Tyrant

Texas_Tyrant #11 Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:13 AM

• Players
  • 12111 battles
  • [UTC]

Now how about a 1970's Merkava MK. 1 tank?

Texas_Tyrant

Purplet #12 Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:51 PM

The Cripple Who Is Whole

• Players
  • 20761 battles
  • [_V2_]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 29 March 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

Thanks, it is a lot nicer now!

Tech Tree Lights

Type 60: A good tank, would be nice to see at tier X.

Type 60 SP: I think you need to find another tank for tier IX. It doesn't fit the tech tree well, would be a cool TD but not right here.  I also do not think a two shot ATGM would be a good idea. Overall neat tank, but not here.

Type 60 SPRG: Again, same as above. IMO it should be slightly more different than the Type 60 SP instead of guns but ok. Good TD, bad light tank. Double barrel gun is cool though!

Light Tank Premiums

Type 60 SS1-4: Arty? Cool tank, not sure it'll work. https://forum.warthu...recoilless-td/  Overall nice tank, TD though IMO.

Type 60 SS4: Should work in game. Classify it as a TD instead of a light.

Tank Destroyers

Type 99 SPH: No offense, but what is the unique? Nothing special about this tank. Another thing is size, IJA HT's aren't in game because they are too big, this TD looks the same way too. Too big. https://en.wikipedia...d_howitzer Neat idea, but nothing special about it. Idk really care for it, I guess it'll work.

Type 75 SPG: This could work, same as above^

Type 74 SPH: Ok tank. Needs to be mobile to compensate for size, meh gun, and armor!

Overall I don't think they'd fit in WoTB but if WG wants to ad them alright. 

APC tanks: NO. These have NO place in Blitz. In addition I can just here people complaining about lopsided teams because of MM. Leave it alone.

Light Tank

Type 16: Too new as you say, but look at this; https://wiki.wargami...Panhard_EBR_105

Same thing almost but older. Already in WoT pc.The thing about this is it may be too mobile. Maps are too small IMO. Cool if iis was here and I won't hate on it! :justwait:

Overall

There's some neat stuff that could work, I recommend revising it. Figure out putting the tree together some how else, replacing the Light tank line with actual Light tanks instead of TD's. 

PS

Godamyou, I wanted my cookie

GL,

Texas_Tyrant

• I see what you mean about the Type 60’s being a better TD and too similar. However I didn’t have a way to finish the type 89 line without using them because of a lack of tanks. They could be like the T57 heavy line where it is mixed up with no set tank type. That would make the Type 60’s TDs while the tier ten would be a light tank.
  • Im curious as to why you don’t like the idea of a double ATM? Not ATGM, I mean ATM. So this would basically be a howitzer that doesn’t loose penetration over distance. ATM are not guided.
  • Type 60 SS1-4—ya I’m not sure how that tank would be balanced but it wasn’t an artillery tank, I know that. 
  • The Type 99 is a unique tank, imo. There is currently not a tank in the game at tier ten that does what it can do. It has a fully rotatable turret, only 1 other tank has that. Add a 155mm gun and no other tank has that. Add mobility and it’s no longer similar to the E4
  • Also the size is not an issue with these tanks. They are 2.5 meters tall which is a lot smaller than a lot of tanks in this game. It only looks big because of the people and the fat turret compared to the chassis. 
    Source:
    https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/the-maus-tank.html maus is 3.6m tall

Besides, WG makes everything smaller than it really was.

The Panhard would be great to add to the game but I can’t put it here because it’s French. I would absolutely love that tank if it was here though. 

​Thank you for your insight Texas, it really helped. I’ll continue to revise it when I have time, 

Texas_Tyrant #13 Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:24 PM

• Players
  • 12111 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostFallenCabbage3, on 29 March 2020 - 07:51 AM, said:

• I see what you mean about the Type 60’s being a better TD and too similar. However I didn’t have a way to finish the type 89 line without using them because of a lack of tanks. They could be like the T57 heavy line where it is mixed up with no set tank type. That would make the Type 60’s TDs while the tier ten would be a light tank.
  • Im curious as to why you don’t like the idea of a double ATM? Not ATGM, I mean ATM. So this would basically be a howitzer that doesn’t loose penetration over distance. ATM are not guided.
  • Type 60 SS1-4—ya I’m not sure how that tank would be balanced but it wasn’t an artillery tank, I know that. 
  • The Type 99 is a unique tank, imo. There is currently not a tank in the game at tier ten that does what it can do. It has a fully rotatable turret, only 1 other tank has that. Add a 155mm gun and no other tank has that. Add mobility and it’s no longer similar to the E4
  • Also the size is not an issue with these tanks. They are 2.5 meters tall which is a lot smaller than a lot of tanks in this game. It only looks big because of the people and the fat turret compared to the chassis. 
    Source:
    https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/the-maus-tank.html maus is 3.6m tall

Besides, WG makes everything smaller than it really was.

The Panhard would be great to add to the game but I can’t put it here because it’s French. I would absolutely love that tank if it was here though. 

​Thank you for your insight Texas, it really helped. I’ll continue to revise it when I have time, 

It may be one of those things where each super special tank is a premium. Since they don't fit well as a tech tree.

Good Luck,

Texas_Tyrant

Also tagged with Japan, Japanese, new, tanks, idea, want, cookies

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users