Jump to content


Japanese TD’s


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

DontCareAnyLonger #1 Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:45 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 80939 battles
  • 756
  • [CMIND]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014
So what’s the scoop on the Japanese TD’s?  Not seeing very many of them, and the ones I have seen aren’t doing very good. A lot of zero damage and low damage games. Usually when a new line comes out the new tanks are everywhere and OP has heck.  

Blartch #2 Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:50 AM

    Causer of Unrest

  • Players
  • 64268 battles
  • 8,373
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015
Made up?  Check.
Turretless?  Check.
Interesting?  Negatory.

Entire line should’ve been called the “Ho-Hum”

Morphman11 #3 Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:15 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32 battles
  • 1,181
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011
They are tds. What else do you want?

e___18989 #4 Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:27 AM

    Blitz YouTuber

  • Players
  • 38071 battles
  • 1,593
  • [O_C_S]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2014

Tier 7 - OP for sure! Too much armor, an excellent gun, great mobility and 10 degs of depression.

Tier 8 - Stinks honestly. Gun is solid that is all. OK armor but negated by huge size. A hard target to miss and an easy kill. 
Tier - 9 seems balanced. Low HP pool, ok armor, but good gun and gun handling. It’s fun. Just crazy slow stock! 


Edited by e___18989, 29 March 2020 - 07:29 AM.

 

 

My YouTube Channel https://m.youtube.co...4AzNFKLkgEZZjGQ

 

I’m not a wallet warrior. I’m a premium tank specialist. :great:


Mako__Reizei___ #5 Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:38 AM

    Sleepyhead

  • Players
  • 7885 battles
  • 552
  • [ALIAS]
  • Member since:
    07-03-2016
The tier 10 is Ho-Ri(ble) from what I've seen based on battle performance. Great DPM and penetration but it's big with armor full of weak spots. Not really sure how this would get balanced because if it's given more armor then it'd literally be pre nerf Foch 155 without the auto loader but still keeping the DPM and alpha.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

 

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)


BlackBeltBlitzer #6 Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 723 battles
  • 469
  • Member since:
    09-06-2019
What they said. They’re not anything overly amazing.

Stay Strong and Tank On!

 

A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction and a Wallet Warrior In Training.


One_Exorbitant_Purple #7 Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:21 PM

    The Cripple Who Is Whole

  • Players
  • 19827 battles
  • 382
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2016

I find them to be fun, except for the tier 8. It is a sniper tank which is why I don’t like it. I am not a good sniper... 

But there is a TD line for Japan that exists that isn’t made up. The tanks use the chassis of light tanks with a big turret that houses a 155mm gun or 105mm gun—depending on the tank. Don’t know why WG wouldn’t use those tanks. 
 

PS: there were supposedly 5 ho ri tanks produced before the end of the war, although I don’t know which version it was. Probably the type 1



Spoiled_Moo_Juice #8 Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32240 battles
  • 295
  • [STRYK]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2014
I have tier 7-10, with tier 9 to be the least fun to play, very slow with lower modules.. Imo, it would be better to buff the hp a little. The top gun is definitely the main benefit of these tanks.

Edited by Spoiled_Moo_Juice, 29 March 2020 - 03:02 PM.


DontCareAnyLonger #9 Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:20 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 80939 battles
  • 756
  • [CMIND]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014

View PostMorphman11, on 29 March 2020 - 06:15 AM, said:

They are tds. What else do you want?

Well that’s what they say about the Foch as well, but we all know that’s not true!



Kiwi_Kebab #10 Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:02 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5949 battles
  • 975
  • [ENDDZ]
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014
Tier 7 is great; it plays like a T25 AT or JPanther; still working my way up. 

NitroTheCreator #11 Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:28 PM

    Bow Down Before Me

  • Players
  • 42146 battles
  • 3,843
  • [STORM]
  • Member since:
    01-19-2013

Chi-to SPG: Best tank in the line in terms of competitiveness. Similar to a Jpanther. NOT OP, but pretty good. 10 degrees of gun depression and good frontal armor, with decent mobility.

Tier 8: It plays like the tier 7 but with less armor, good gun, decent mobility, 8 degrees of gun depression.

Tier 9: Seems so far to be fairly balance, decent mobility with a punchy gun, armor can be troll when it’s top tier, and is a solid support vehicle.

Tier X: I haven’t gotten it yet, looks like it’s armor will let it down, but will have a nice gun.

 


 

Aero and I did a preview on them before they released. But I will say we were wrong on quite a bit, will have an updated video in a week



Major_Sweatpants #12 Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:13 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5233 battles
  • 706
  • [GTFO-]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017
why are you guys saying they're fake? the Ho-Ri was a prototype, not sure about the Chi-To SPG but I'm sure it's somewhere. Ho-Ri was a Japanese Self-Propelled Gun (mobile artillery for those of you who don't know real tanks, NOT THE SAME AS A TD!!!) based on the Elefant (Ferdinand) Tank. so the Ho-Ris were real, just as real as the Maus! (THE MAUS WAS REAL, ITS LIKE THE ONLY REASON SOMEONE WOULD GO TO THE KUBINKA TANK MUSEUM. THING TIGER 131 BUT FOR KUBINKA)

Morphman11 #13 Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:00 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32 battles
  • 1,181
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

View PostDontCareAnyLonger, on 29 March 2020 - 03:20 PM, said:

Well that’s what they say about the Foch as well, but we all know that’s not true!

Still doesn't have a turret. Try to face an actual tank.



rosgrim #14 Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:55 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 88116 battles
  • 442
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    04-23-2016

View PostNitroTheCreator, on 29 March 2020 - 06:28 PM, said:

Chi-to SPG: Best tank in the line in terms of competitiveness. Similar to a Jpanther. NOT OP, but pretty good. 10 degrees of gun depression and good frontal armor, with decent mobility.

Tier 8: It plays like the tier 7 but with less armor, good gun, decent mobility, 8 degrees of gun depression.

Tier 9: Seems so far to be fairly balance, decent mobility with a punchy gun, armor can be troll when it’s top tier, and is a solid support vehicle.

Tier X: I haven’t gotten it yet, looks like it’s armor will let it down, but will have a nice gun.

 


 

Aero and I did a preview on them before they released. But I will say we were wrong on quite a bit, will have an updated video in a week


pretty much this

+

tier 10, (first impression: I had a couple of battles carrying the team and with a M that is not so easy cause the tank is in the hand of several unicum) again like tier 9,

good gun and decent mobility (considering the role) but you have to "handle with care" due the armor.

I would confirm T7 best of the line abusing the armor.



_Crusader6_ #15 Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:26 PM

    The Society’s NA President

  • Players
  • 65627 battles
  • 13,601
  • [SURG3]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

I did testing on the Ho-Ri(bble), It has a gun and that's about it.

   The armor can troll, but entirely unreliable - most of us testing didn't expect it to fair well in most players hand in Blitz.

 

The Tier 9 has some pretty crazy armor in the UFP - the issue is that the rest of the super structure is fairly weak - and the mobility is terrible.

 

Tier 8 I didn't mind that much - but my opinion is the line gets worse and the 7 is the best followed by 8, 9, 10.

 

 

I aced the Ho-Ri in testing, so I am not going to play it again until I finish my missing aces, the 7-9 where not very hard to ace, so I promptly parked them after. 



 
Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/413 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


VonTink #16 Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:06 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24146 battles
  • 454
  • [MONTE]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

What is the point to having a tank line get worse and worse the higher up you grind?  What a ridiculous game.

 



_Crusader6_ #17 Posted 31 March 2020 - 12:38 AM

    The Society’s NA President

  • Players
  • 65627 battles
  • 13,601
  • [SURG3]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostVonTink, on 30 March 2020 - 06:06 PM, said:

What is the point to having a tank line get worse and worse the higher up you grind?  What a ridiculous game.

 


In isolation the 9/10 aren’t bad, but they require a competent team more than the 7-8.  
  

 



 
Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/413 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


_SKORPION #18 Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:26 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 6052 battles
  • 13
  • [ALL4J]
  • Member since:
    07-15-2018

View PostDontCareAnyLonger, on 29 March 2020 - 05:45 AM, said:

So what’s the scoop on the Japanese TD’s?  Not seeing very many of them, and the ones I have seen aren’t doing very good. A lot of zero damage and low damage games. Usually when a new line comes out the new tanks are everywhere and OP has heck.  

I pushed for Ho-Ri Tier X.  Its basically junk and required VERY HIGH skill level and my only Tier X with over 2000 avg damage and 29% winrate (so great gun but crappy armor - 18% survival rate).


the armor is a joke.  The gun is decent.  mobility is good.  It is a cross between Grille and Ferdinand.

 

Normally, this would be fair if the high tier pool of players is half-decent.  But with the quarantine in place and schools being out, this is not the case.  You are esp screwed if your medium tank decides to snipe alongside you.  Atleast give it a decent frontal armor but that is not the case. 

 

At this point, I am going to park it for now.   11 wins and 27 defeats while maintaining 2100 damage is more than enough.  I tried.


Edited by _SKORPION, 01 April 2020 - 12:57 PM.


_SKORPION #19 Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:28 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 6052 battles
  • 13
  • [ALL4J]
  • Member since:
    07-15-2018

View Post__Crusader6__, on 30 March 2020 - 03:26 PM, said:

I did testing on the Ho-Ri(bble), It has a gun and that's about it.

   The armor can troll, but entirely unreliable - most of us testing didn't expect it to fair well in most players hand in Blitz.

 

The Tier 9 has some pretty crazy armor in the UFP - the issue is that the rest of the super structure is fairly weak - and the mobility is terrible.

 

Tier 8 I didn't mind that much - but my opinion is the line gets worse and the 7 is the best followed by 8, 9, 10.

 

 

I aced the Ho-Ri in testing, so I am not going to play it again until I finish my missing aces, the 7-9 where not very hard to ace, so I promptly parked them after. 

Does testing a tank affect your winrate as well?  I wish I could test too that way I know what to buy and what NOT to buy.

At this point, the HO-Ri is a sore in my record.



_Crusader6_ #20 Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:46 PM

    The Society’s NA President

  • Players
  • 65627 battles
  • 13,601
  • [SURG3]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Post_SKORPION, on 31 March 2020 - 10:28 PM, said:

Does testing a tank affect your winrate as well?  I wish I could test too that way I know what to buy and what NOT to buy.

At this point, the HO-Ri is a sore in my record.


Yes playing Live Test tanks affects our WR, the only times your WR isn't affected is on the Super Test Server (which is a different account anyway).

 

 



 
Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/413 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users