Self Isolation

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

millennial_killer #1 Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:01 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3652 battles
  • [GEMP]

So I'm guessing the unusually high numbers I see playing is due to more people being in Self Isolation??  I would assume this is great for WG, but how does everyone else feel about this??  I think there may be a "temporary" influx of uninvested players.  Those who are just looking for something to pass the time?

Personally I've had a few good streaks..but when it's bad...it's very bad.  I can't imagine anyone playing who does have Covid..but if you are..REST!!!  And Get BETTER.  Live to fight the Bigger Battle called ..LIFE. 

acrisis #2 Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20703 battles
  • [III-C]

Online games and online services are seeing a huge uptick in traffic. 
More and more people will be going in self isolation or will get shelter in place instructions.

Don't expect much of a team for any game, set expectations to low, ...

But primarily: stay safe in real life! 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

millennial_killer #3 Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:50 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3652 battles
  • [GEMP]
Oh I agree.  Which is kinda bad fo those of us that were here before Covid & "the new Norm"  It waters down an already questionable player base??  but that's just me & my tin foil hat speaking.

__Frostbite #4 Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:39 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 29091 battles
  • [-0]
that is the only reason you can still catch me on Discord and in-game rn lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wrecker1968 #5 Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50163 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Everyone stay safe.

BlackBeltBlitzer #6 Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 723 battles

View Postmillennial_killer, on 29 March 2020 - 09:50 PM, said:

Oh I agree.  Which is kinda bad fo those of us that were here before Covid & "the new Norm"  It waters down an already questionable player base??  but that's just me & my tin foil hat speaking.

I agree as well.

Stay Strong and Tank On!

A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction and a Wallet Warrior In Training.

oicram1 #7 Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:52 PM

Mono Prime

• Players
  • 42555 battles
  • [DEF_4]

I just scan the clans on both teams to get an idea how the battle will go and try my best. Some times I get a good streak like the OP reports, other times, complete obliteration. 

Stay inside so we can have a summer, otherwise this is gong to be drawn out for a year!

"Yo no estudio para saber más, sino para ignorar menos.” 
"I do not study to know more, but to ignore less."
                Sor Juana Inés De la Cruz

millennial_killer #8 Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:01 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3652 battles
  • [GEMP]

View Postoicram1, on 29 March 2020 - 10:52 PM, said:

I just scan the clans on both teams to get an idea how the battle will go and try my best. Some times I get a good streak like the OP reports, other times, complete obliteration. 

Stay inside so we can have a summer, otherwise this is gong to be drawn out for a year!

Amen Brother...Let's suffer NOW so we can have something of a summer.  I want to be able to take my old '55 Chevy to some shows ths summer.  Last year we had a lousy Summer here.

Chiefmac #9 Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52103 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Postmillennial_killer, on 29 March 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

So I'm guessing the unusually high numbers I see playing is due to more people being in Self Isolation??  I would assume this is great for WG, but how does everyone else feel about this??  I think there may be a "temporary" influx of uninvested players.  Those who are just looking for something to pass the time?

Personally I've had a few good streaks..but when it's bad...it's very bad.  I can't imagine anyone playing who does have Covid..but if you are..REST!!!  And Get BETTER.  Live to fight the Bigger Battle called ..LIFE. 

I’m thankful for the free premium time awarded by WG, very cool ! 

War_Vet_1 #10 Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:19 AM

Major Disaster

• Players
  • 16802 battles
  • [4ROG]
I would be enjoying it if my ping would drop to a playable level.

Ignoring life 7 minutes at a time!

BlackBeltBlitzer #11 Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:31 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 723 battles

View PostWar_Vet_1, on 30 March 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

I would be enjoying it if my ping would drop to a playable level.

Do you use WiFi?

Stay Strong and Tank On!

A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction and a Wallet Warrior In Training.

War_Vet_1 #12 Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:51 AM

Major Disaster

• Players
  • 16802 battles
  • [4ROG]

View PostJesseRSmith11, on 30 March 2020 - 09:31 AM, said:

Do you use WiFi?

Yeah. iPad.

Ignoring life 7 minutes at a time!

kidthekid01 #13 Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:12 AM

#1 Stupidest Player NA

• Players
  • 12191 battles
  • [VALOR]
Crusader6 said that the smasher itself isn't the best tier 7, and that it mostly excels at nub crushing. Either this is the best time to try and ace it, or the worse. Good luck Crusader!

Hobbies: Switching my avatar to a low battle avatar and pretending to be a nub

PeteGee45 #14 Posted 30 March 2020 - 01:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37783 battles
  • [OLDS]

Unfortunately for us all the real player base, all of the people in the world, are about as smart as the WoTB player base. Still too many people going about life as usual thinking “I’m too young” or “I’ll just wash my hands”. If ten percent of the population keeps ignoring the problem this is going to continue for a long time. The WoTB player Basel’s just a microcosm of the real world.

I sit on the board of a local sports league and we had our monthly meeting last night (via WebEx). The spring season is as dead as a 38 percenter in Himmelsdorf. We talked about a fall season but we’re not even going to look at logistics for another few months because it could be a big waste of time.

Major_Sweatpants #15 Posted 30 March 2020 - 01:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5233 battles
  • [GTFO-]
I think there will be fewer millennials around for you to kill after Covid-19 is done

oicram1 #16 Posted 30 March 2020 - 02:33 PM

Mono Prime

• Players
  • 42555 battles
  • [DEF_4]

View PostPeteGee45, on 30 March 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

Unfortunately for us all the real player base, all of the people in the world, are about as smart as the WoTB player base. Still too many people going about life as usual thinking “I’m too young” or “I’ll just wash my hands”. If ten percent of the population keeps ignoring the problem this is going to continue for a long time. The WoTB player Basel’s just a microcosm of the real world.

I sit on the board of a local sports league and we had our monthly meeting last night (via WebEx). The spring season is as dead as a 38 percenter in Himmelsdorf. We talked about a fall season but we’re not even going to look at logistics for another few months because it could be a big waste of time.

Same, I am on the board of my local soccer club, the best we can hope for is a shortened Fall season if we are lucky. Stay the F%$# inside people!!

oicram1 #17 Posted 30 March 2020 - 02:34 PM

Mono Prime

• Players
  • 42555 battles
  • [DEF_4]
By the way, can Gen X get some love here? We were built for this.

tanker070 #18 Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:13 PM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 58396 battles
  • [SKXLL]

already seen 3 offers pop up on my screen and cant watch a video on yT without getting an add for mobile game.
if sun has set in our worlds it has shifted into other's

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

Major_Sweatpants #19 Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5233 battles
  • [GTFO-]

View Postmillennial_killer, on 29 March 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

Amen Brother...Let's suffer NOW so we can have something of a summer.  I want to be able to take my old '55 Chevy to some shows ths summer.  Last year we had a lousy Summer here.

down here in Florida summer = suffer

j_rod #20 Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:59 PM

Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 27601 battles
  • [H0B0S]

You guys do realize the difference between Millennials and Generation Z right? Below is some commentary from a friend of mine written in 2018 that I thought was worth reading for you old guys. 

Life as a Millennial

The term “millennial” has become a pejorative. It generally means “lazy, ideological, pampered, self-serving, technology focused, or failing at human interaction”. Now, we have always had a history of demeaning the newest generation entering the job market, there is nothing new on this front. I’m sure everyone can recall the Time magazine cover from about 25 years ago that lambasted the new “Generation X” as lazy, self-centered etc, etc… then that generation went on to lead the technology revolution, that we take for granted today. On a weekly basis I hear someone talk about how the “Millennials” are lazy or how they don’t know how to work. For starters, I have a general aversion to labeling a whole group of people, this is generally done by people who lack the ability for logical discussion and rely on stereotypes or tropes to make broad, overarching comments. (I realize this statement is nearly a similar type of label, however it lacks labeling based on immutable traits, instead relying on actions by people that allows for self-labeling) With this in mind I’d like to address the thought that claims Millennials are the “worst generation ever”.

I am an early Millennial, born in ’86 and graduating high school in ’04. Had I stayed in college and graduated on-time (like the largest portion of any generation did, ever) then I would have graduated in either ’08 or ’09. This would have placed my graduation (as it did many of my peers) in the middle of the worst recession in nearly 100 years. It also would have saddled me with debts, since higher education has only become more and more expensive. Oddly enough, I didn’t get to choose how much money should go to that tax cut and how much should be taken out of the higher education budget for that tax cut, I couldn’t vote yet. Instead of graduating though, I joined the Army in 2007. Which put me in a war, a war largely fought by Millennials. I finished my undergrad while I was in the Army, and I’ll finish at least one advanced degree by next year. Millennials generally continue education much longer than previous generations, which is interesting that the “worst generation ever” manages to do this.

Since I have been alive I have yet to feel a year that was colder than average. The last month to be colder than the (1961-1990) average was February of 1985. What did the generation in power do with this information? They doubted it. Instead of trusting the vast majority of scientists within their generation, they debated it and chose to believe the few naysayers who had economic interests to claim otherwise. This has left the Millennials and Gen X to deal with a situation, that they didn’t cause, and a planet that will be rapidly changing, without significant intervention. This will create significant economic hardships for generations to come.

While we are on the topic of the economy, let’s talk about the national debt. Yes, that giant multi-trillion dollar shame. The debt will soon be larger than the entire GDP, this is not a good sign. In case you’re curious, very few countries have ever come back from being in debt by more than 100% of their GDP. Once again, this was a mess we came into. It’s like your parents running up a credit card then leaving you with the bill. Yea, they paid on it, but now we have to and it’s already maxed out. Soon enough math with happen and there will be hard choices to be made on what does and doesn’t get cut. Gen X will probably have social security, but the Millennials, we probably won’t. We will have to raise taxes, reduce defense spending and cut social services just to pay for the tax cuts the oldest generations wanted long ago. I guess it’s better we pay for it instead of Generation Z, which just wouldn’t be fair.

We are also the most ethnically diverse generation in history. We are the least likely to view race as a defining factor and most likely to love someone from another ethnic/racial group. This is something that we can thank the older generation for, it has been a long steady process be we are coming closer to the original “all men are created equal” that our founding documents mentioned. The generations after us will continue the process and eventually we will just view each other as humans, nothing more, and nothing less. Yes, there will be stops and starts, progress comes in spits and spurts, but it will move forward over the long term.

Yes, we do have our crazies too. Every generation has its fringe elements, but we seem to be willing to talk to each other and our bombardment from social media, at an early age, has partially steeled us to the greatest impacts of the social media distortion.

Despite all of the negatives we are still optimistic. In fact we are the most optimistic generation ever. Now, this could be youthful exuberance, or blissful ignorance, but I hope not. Instead I like to think we are hopeful because despite all of the challenges we know that we can make a difference. We also know that within a decade we will be the generation in power and will be able to make the changes we have long sought to make. What are those changes? If you don’t know, then are you aren’t paying attention.

No, Millennials aren’t a unified block and we have our own divisions. We aren’t perfect and we will create our own problems, which the next generation will have to solve. I like to think for every one problem we create, we will fix two. So, next time you use “Millennial” as a pejorative, realize that this millennial probably won’t have the same public services you’ll have in your “golden” years, and will be paying for yours long after you’re gone. Life as a Millennial is and has always been special and I for one, am happy to just be alive.

-The Veteran Millennial

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users