immel_man's model page.

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

Immel_man #361 Posted 17 June 2022 - 10:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 85486 battles
  • [YODA_]

Hello friends, its been too long. life stuff has befallen me this year. I got ran over by a neighbor and if not for the insistence of the responding deputies to go to the hospital, I would've been dead. An artery in my brain had been cut and I suffered a hematoma. Along with 5 fractured vertebrae. 

I'm quite thankful to be alive and report that I am all but fully healed. this of course is the nickel version, but not why you stopped by. I say all of this to say that I haven't forgotten you all, its just that modeling got set aside for a few months.

Enough real life [edited]here's the finished tiger;

_TheKidd_ #362 Posted 17 June 2022 - 11:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13784 battles
  • [TOES]
Glad you are well! And very nice tiger :)

Vantablack12 #363 Posted 20 June 2022 - 11:59 PM

Ready, Fire, Aim!

• Players
  • 18599 battles
  • [K9]

I'm glad you are doing well. The Tiger looks amazing! 

Life threw you a curve ball, if you need to take a longer break, by all means, do so. Don't feel pressured to keep posting. 

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne.

Bring back the in-game Forum link!

jahawa #364 Posted 21 June 2022 - 04:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20757 battles
  • [SPUD]
Very nice job! Glad to hear you are ok. No details required, but the irony of flying Ag planes and then suffering that mishap. Sorry to hear about it. I've been focusing on gardening and getting to know my new Telecaster. It's hot and dry here in Texas. But it is always hot and dry here in the summer...

jahawa #365 Posted 28 June 2022 - 01:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20757 battles
  • [SPUD]

Hey Gents, 

There is an off topic thread looking for cheaper alternatives of model kits. I recently was steered towards Goodwill auctions online. I have found quite a few kits available. Some are brands I've never heard of. Trumpeteer, ModelCollect, ICM, Dragon. These are mostly tracked vehicles, MBT's, etc kits.

Any ideas if these kits are quality? I haven't bid on any, and am not in the market for more kits right now. The shipping may be the equalizer in getting a good deal.

Vantablack12 #366 Posted 28 June 2022 - 08:36 PM

Ready, Fire, Aim!

• Players
  • 18599 battles
  • [K9]

I have a few kits from Trumpeter and Dragon. They are very high quality. 

Every brand has their not so great models; even Tamiya has bad models. I always look for reviews about any model before I buy it.

In short, do your research on the specific model you are looking for regardless of what brand they are.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne.

Bring back the in-game Forum link!

Immel_man #367 Posted Yesterday, 02:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 85486 battles
  • [YODA_]
Dragon is kind of the top of the line for 1/35 scale track vehicles. Like vantablack said though, all brands have good and bad kits.

jahawa #368 Posted Yesterday, 03:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20757 battles
  • [SPUD]

Here's the link to the Goodwill auction site if your interested: https://shopgoodwill.com

The search engine works pretty well. I used Tanks and got quite a few model kits to show up...also tank tops appeared....Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users