Jump to content


immel_man's model page.


  • Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Vantablack12 #21 Posted 06 April 2020 - 11:34 PM

    Crayon Eating World Champion

  • Players
  • 16265 battles
  • 1,810
  • [K9]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View PostImmel_man, on 06 April 2020 - 05:53 PM, said:

That’s what I was thinking. 

E P I C


"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

                                                       


RonaldusMaximus_ #22 Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:28 PM

    Self-Righteous Prick

  • Players
  • 17255 battles
  • 4,600
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
The T55 model, only thing that stands out to me is the lettering is too white, could use some dust on the 826, but you do reallly great work!

 


BorisBaddenov #23 Posted 07 April 2020 - 10:04 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 26956 battles
  • 9,246
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

Immel -

 

Very nice pictures.   I prefer more distressing in combination with the dusting.   Tanks will have “rust” streaks, bent fenders, etc.   Aircraft would have the paint chipped off the leading edge of the wing, oil stains, fuel stains..

 

Have you done any dioramas ?

 

 

I grew up in a hobby shop.

 

When I was almost 11 my dad’s daily commute took him right by one of the towns local hobby shops.  You might know the kind, where the owners actually work there and are willing and able to help you with any hobby or craft thing you want to do.   On his way home one day there was a “going out of business” sign in the window.   He stops and goes in to see why they are closing.   The owners just wanted to retire.  Dads pulls down the going out of business sign, and buys the shop right there with a handshake.   Details are worked out over the next week.   That “going out of business” sale turned into a “under new management” sale.

 

 

Peace-

Boris 


Edited by BorisBaddenov, 07 April 2020 - 10:05 PM.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


Immel_man #24 Posted 07 April 2020 - 10:44 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 74074 battles
  • 835
  • [YODA_]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 07 April 2020 - 01:28 PM, said:

The T55 model, only thing that stands out to me is the lettering is too white, could use some dust on the 826, but you do reallly great work!

Nancy must have called in her psychic, because you read my mind. 
 I subscribe to the idea that it’s a lot easier to add later than it is you have decided that was too much and remove it. 
 I gave the model a look over and decided it needs a bit more. I’ll document some of those steps in this thread. 



Immel_man #25 Posted 07 April 2020 - 10:59 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 74074 battles
  • 835
  • [YODA_]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 07 April 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

 

 

 

 

I grew up in a hobby shop.

 

When I was almost 11 my dad’s daily commute took him right by one of the towns local hobby shops.  You might know the kind, where the owners actually work there and are willing and able to help you with any hobby or craft thing you want to do.   On his way home one day there was a “going out of business” sign in the window.   He stops and goes in to see why they are closing.   The owners just wanted to retire.  Dads pulls down the going out of business sign, and buys the shop right there with a handshake.   Details are worked out over the next week.   That “going out of business” sale turned into a “under new management” sale.

 

 

Peace-

Boris 

Wow Boris, what a great story, the literal kid in a candy store. How long did your dad own the shop?

 Do you still glue and paint plastic? 
 

we definitely had one of those stores in my town. The old man was retired air force. Flew bird dogs and later B-52 over Vietnam. My dad and I spent some good hours in the back room with the rest of the guys [edited]-ing, learning about this and that. Hearing the old guys tell war stories. It was a great shop. RIP Don terbush 

 

I haven’t attempted any dioramas. I typically don’t have the foresight to be that creative, nor stick to it- ness. I’ve got the itch to do a little ground work small vignette for some of these afv models. They just look at home sitting on a bit of earth. 



BorisBaddenov #26 Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:45 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 26956 battles
  • 9,246
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View PostImmel_man, on 07 April 2020 - 03:59 PM, said:

Wow Boris, what a great story, the literal kid in a candy store. How long did your dad own the shop?

 Do you still glue and paint plastic? 
 

we definitely had one of those stores in my town. The old man was retired air force. Flew bird dogs and later B-52 over Vietnam. My dad and I spent some good hours in the back room with the rest of the guys [edited]-ing, learning about this and that. Hearing the old guys tell war stories. It was a great shop. RIP Don terbush 

 

I haven’t attempted any dioramas. I typically don’t have the foresight to be that creative, nor stick to it- ness. I’ve got the itch to do a little ground work small vignette for some of these afv models. They just look at home sitting on a bit of earth. 

 

We sold the shop when my mom passed - it really was her shop.  Dad kept his 'day job'.   When mom passed in 92 dad really had no choice but to sell the store.   I had just joined the Army (late at age 27) and was not in a position to run the store.    It never made lots of money, but paid the bills of 6-8 employees I suppose.   I'd say we had it for 25+ years.   It was very interesting to watch the different 'fads' come and go.    When we first got the store Dungeons and Dragons was a very small thing - year to two later, it was the big money maker.   Plastic models (and all that go with) was always a steady income, never huge, never really slow.   

 

You should try a diorama.   I copied this http://sheperdpaine.atspace.com/p61.htm  when I was 14 or so.   It was not that hard for me at the time, but  as you know, a big part of how easy the hobby is depends on your experience first, and your tool kit and supplies second.  But good tools/equipment/supplies can make a huge difference.   I don't do models anymore - only because for me it would not at all be cheap to get started :)    I don't have those nice tools anymore (except for RC stuff - I got RC sfuff.. lol)

 

 

 

Peace-

Boris


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


Vantablack12 #27 Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:36 PM

    Crayon Eating World Champion

  • Players
  • 16265 battles
  • 1,810
  • [K9]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 07 April 2020 - 06:45 PM, said:

I copied this http://sheperdpaine.atspace.com/p61.htm  when I was 14 or so.

That is a pretty darn cool diorama! Maybe someday I'll make things as good as this.


"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

                                                       


BorisBaddenov #28 Posted 09 April 2020 - 05:24 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 26956 battles
  • 9,246
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View PostVantablack12, on 09 April 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

That is a pretty darn cool diorama! Maybe someday I'll make things as good as this.

 

From what I remember there was a small 'book' - more like a magazine - that helped me with the diorama.     I know I used small parts to detail a H0 scale steam locomotive as the parts for the machine guns - and some other things like that to put details on the engine.  


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


Immel_man #29 Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:05 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 74074 battles
  • 835
  • [YODA_]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016
Oh yeah. Shep Paine is a legend.

Vantablack12 #30 Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:37 PM

    Crayon Eating World Champion

  • Players
  • 16265 battles
  • 1,810
  • [K9]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017
What model would we do together Immel?

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

                                                       


Immel_man #31 Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:27 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 74074 battles
  • 835
  • [YODA_]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

View PostVantablack12, on 10 April 2020 - 02:37 PM, said:

What model would we do together Immel?

I had in mind either a firefly or Easy8, I looked around and seems ship dates are kinda far out for getting more than two. 
 

Unfortunately, I'm running out of time. My busy season gets going around May 1. I’m afraid by the time everything gets here I’ll stall out. I’m thinking we shelve this for the fall. I’ll give guys plenty of lead time to gather kits and supplies and we’ll do it proper. 
 

 In the mean time I’ll continue to post my work. 



Vantablack12 #32 Posted 13 April 2020 - 01:06 AM

    Crayon Eating World Champion

  • Players
  • 16265 battles
  • 1,810
  • [K9]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View PostImmel_man, on 12 April 2020 - 06:27 PM, said:

I had in mind either a firefly or Easy8, I looked around and seems ship dates are kinda far out for getting more than two. 
 

Unfortunately, I'm running out of time. My busy season gets going around May 1. I’m afraid by the time everything gets here I’ll stall out. I’m thinking we shelve this for the fall. I’ll give guys plenty of lead time to gather kits and supplies and we’ll do it proper. 
 

 In the mean time I’ll continue to post my work. 

No problem!

Yes, please continue to post your models so I can ask questions and improve my skill.


"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

                                                       


Immel_man #33 Posted 15 April 2020 - 04:01 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 74074 battles
  • 835
  • [YODA_]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016
I think I've posted this Hetzer, from Tamiya (1/48 scale, of course) here, somewhere,once before. Figured I would share it again anyhow as I've retaken pictures of some of my more recent builds. My Lightbox is a space eater so I have to set it up every time I want to snap a picture of something, and well, I am lazy. 

 
 
 
 
 
I have more photos to share, but I suck at photo editing, so it takes me awhile. Ill post more works as I get them touched up.


Vantablack12 #34 Posted 15 April 2020 - 04:09 PM

    Crayon Eating World Champion

  • Players
  • 16265 battles
  • 1,810
  • [K9]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View PostImmel_man, on 15 April 2020 - 11:01 AM, said:

I think I've posted this Hetzer, from Tamiya (1/48 scale, of course) here, somewhere,once before. Figured I would share it again anyhow as I've retaken pictures of some of my more recent builds. My Lightbox is a space eater so I have to set it up every time I want to snap a picture of something, and well, I am lazy. 

 
 
 
 
 
I have more photos to share, but I suck at photo editing, so it takes me awhile. Ill post more works as I get them touched up.

Wow, thats pretty good! Do you use very many aftermarket parts?


"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

                                                       


BlackBeltBlitzer #35 Posted 15 April 2020 - 04:49 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1047 battles
  • 497
  • Member since:
    09-06-2019
That is very nice, immel_man! One of my favorite tier 4 TD’s!

Stay Strong and Tank On!

 

A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction and a Wallet Warrior In Training.


Texas_Tyrant #36 Posted 15 April 2020 - 05:36 PM

    The Philosophical Tank Farmer

  • Players
  • 12727 battles
  • 1,444
  • [UTC]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2018

Nice model! It looks pretty neat and I like the mud build up on it!

Will you ever make a Mekerava?

Texas_Tyrant


We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

 


Vantablack12 #37 Posted 15 April 2020 - 05:41 PM

    Crayon Eating World Champion

  • Players
  • 16265 battles
  • 1,810
  • [K9]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 15 April 2020 - 12:36 PM, said:

Nice model! It looks pretty neat and I like the mud build up on it!

Will you ever make a Mekerava?

Texas_Tyrant

What is it with you and Isreali tanks? They are cool and all, but I don't think they're special in any way


"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

                                                       


Immel_man #38 Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:05 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 74074 battles
  • 835
  • [YODA_]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

I had this Eduard Bf 109 F-2 flown by Hans von Hahn shelved that I decided I need to finish before my busy season gets here.

 

some progress. seam sanded and re-riveted. 

 

 

 

wing root gaps were filled with Vallejo plastic putty. its an vinyl based acrylic medium that's really easy to work with. I squirt a little dollop and cut it with some water to a pudding like consistency. If you have too much a damp q-tip will wipe away the excess.

 


 

Here the model has been pre-shaded. what I am attempting is to "paint" in shadows in the low light areas ie panel lines rivets etc. the next step I will start to airbrush the camo over the top of this in very light coats so that just the hint of dark color underneath is still evident.

 

 

 

The camouflage is next. always start from lite and paint to dark. RLM 76. here you can see just the hint of the preshading underneath the RLM76. my goal is for you to see and feel the depth of this 3 dimensional object and bring in to life in the painting and weathering process. none of the techniques should be obvious but layered in harmony. 

 

 

 

 

 

the camouflage is finished and some fading done with toned down versions of the original colors. in this picture its too stark, but more layers to come will tone down some of the "pop"

 

 

 

 



Texas_Tyrant #39 Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:20 PM

    The Philosophical Tank Farmer

  • Players
  • 12727 battles
  • 1,444
  • [UTC]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2018

That's freaking awesome! The detail in the rivets are amazing! Keep up the good work

:medal:

Texas_Tyrant


We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

 


wrecker1968 #40 Posted 17 April 2020 - 10:41 AM

    Head of Security

  • Players
  • 55762 battles
  • 1,961
  • [HOUSE]
  • Member since:
    04-13-2016

I have become an avid reader of this thread.

 Incredible work.

  This is inspiring.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users