immel_man's model page.

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

BorisBaddenov #81 Posted 07 November 2020 - 04:08 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 27070 battles

View PostVantablack12, on 07 November 2020 - 01:15 AM, said:

Basic supplies would be: sharp pointed side cutters ,hobby knife, razor saw, a good pair of tweezers, sanding sticks and sanding sponges in fine to super fine grits, liquid cement and gel super glue for plastics (super glue is for small parts).

More advanced supplies would be: Airbrush and compressor, paint brushes made of natural hairs,  two-part epoxy putty, white modeling putty, and a few more things that I can't think of right now.

You've made a few models in your past, right?

I've made way more than a few models.  But it has been a long long time.  I have the airbrush, and some of the other items you've mentioned.  I guess I was looking for help on a shopping list  :)

View PostImmel_man, on 07 November 2020 - 08:13 AM, said:

Alright Boris!

Basic supplies don’t need to be as extensive as vantablack has listed. I would say anyone could finish a model with some plastic sprue cutters, a hobby knife (I recommend xacto with a #11 blade), and some plastic model glue. That’ll get it finished.
Next level supplies would be olive drab in a rattle can, a brush or two, with a few basic hobby paint colors, black, brown white, etc. that’ll get you to build with some color details.
Next level would be some hobby solvent putty and a sanding stick or two.

I’ll make up a product list for anyone reading this in the future who wants to join in.

Other than the paint and glue, I have the items you've mentioned.  I do have an airbrush, three (four?) of them, and the necessary compressor.   One Iwata and the rest are Paasche.   I use them to shoot dye on leather.  (I make wallets and such).

Help with a shopping list I guess is what I'm hoping to get :)

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Immel_man #82 Posted 07 November 2020 - 04:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]

Here’s a list of the recommended supplies see the above post for level of need:

Xuron micro shears https://www.micromark.com/Xuron-Micro-Shear

Testors plastic cement http://Testors 3507AT Liquid Cement for Plastic Models, 1-Ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005CA7S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_HUSPFbQ8NH2H0

Tamiya solvent based putty https://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-FBA_87053-Putty-Basic-Type/dp/B000BMYWYW

I didn’t do any price shopping those are just some of the first hits that come up when I googled what I was looking for. 
mill add to this list as I think of it. Feel free to ask questions. 

Edited by Immel_man, 07 November 2020 - 04:31 PM.

Immel_man #83 Posted 07 November 2020 - 06:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]
I dont know why my link isn’t working, but search for testors model cement. It’s in a black diamond shape container. I much prefer this to the orange testors tube glue. It’s the same solvent based glue, but the stuff I’m describing is thin, and comes with a fine tube applicator for no mess gluing.

Immel_man #84 Posted 07 November 2020 - 11:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]
Also, I as I don’t check the forums regularly Immel_man#7506 is my discord feel free to friend me there and ask questions. You’ll get a quicker response. 

Edited by Immel_man, 07 November 2020 - 11:46 PM.

Immel_man #85 Posted 08 November 2020 - 04:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]

I finally got around to photographing the 109. My apologies for how long it took me to get around to it, kid number 2 has drastically reduced free time, and quite frankly I find photographing and editing pictures tedious.
I promise I’ll be more diligent about posting for the group build.

Anyways, questions or comments are always welcomed:

Edited by Immel_man, 08 November 2020 - 08:30 PM.

Immel_man #86 Posted 08 November 2020 - 08:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]

continuing on with sharing some of my work, Tamiya panther G in 1/48. various aftermarket this and that added.

Edited by Immel_man, 09 November 2020 - 01:54 AM.

Immel_man #87 Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]
I have my easy 8 ordered. I found one on eBay for $32 with shipping which seems pretty reasonable. The sellers name is lotsofmodels, for those interested.

Immel_man #88 Posted 12 November 2020 - 10:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]

another one, I think I've posted before, but here it is again anyways. Tamiya 1/48 Tiger I lots of extra photo etch bits and pieces, metal tracks, the figures are from alpine miniatures. 

BorisBaddenov #89 Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:16 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 27070 battles

What camera are you using?

Peace-

Boris

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Vantablack12 #90 Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:31 AM

Ready, Fire, Aim!

• Players
  • 17964 battles
  • [K9]

Do you have a reference book or an online gallery that you use for inspiration? 

I'm asking because I wanted to find photos of the Sherman we are going to build.

Also I like your take on the tow cable placement on your Tiger 1. I've never seen them stored that way.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Bring back the in-game Forum link!

Immel_man #91 Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 12 November 2020 - 04:16 PM, said:

What camera are you using?

iPhones. The last 3 subjects were taken with my new iPhone 12, previous posts were taken with iPhone XS. 

Immel_man #92 Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostVantablack12, on 12 November 2020 - 04:31 PM, said:

I'm asking because I wanted to find photos of the Sherman we are going to build.

Also I like your take on the tow cable placement on your Tiger 1. I've never seen them stored that way.

I don’t have a good answer for you. Typically I’m reading some biography or reading about some battle that provokes me to build something. 

googles always my friend when it’s a subject I don’t have much information on on my shelf. 

BorisBaddenov #93 Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:34 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 27070 battles

Immel -

I've "followed" this thread and set notifications for the site to email me when someone makes a new post.  This way I'll be sure not to miss anything.  

My model has shipped!  From  HongKong - so could be a while yet.

Peace-

Boris

Immel_man #94 Posted 13 November 2020 - 02:03 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 12 November 2020 - 05:34 PM, said:

My model has shipped!  From  HongKong - so could be a while yet.

wonderful! We’ll wait. Mine arrived today. 
I am going to pull out and photograph the items one would need to finish this model and then give my recommendations so stay tuned. 

Immel_man #95 Posted 13 November 2020 - 06:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]

ya boi

that's more or less the extent of all the tools ill use to build this kit. Tamiya putty, glue, sanding sticks, xacto knife, sprue cutters.

BorisBaddenov #96 Posted 13 November 2020 - 06:59 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 27070 battles

View PostImmel_man, on 13 November 2020 - 11:56 AM, said:

ya boi

that's more or less the extent of all the tools ill use to build this kit. Tamiya putty, glue, sanding sticks, xacto knife, sprue cutters.

I have the cutters and xacto.   Glue, that black bottle above, and putty are on the way.   Are you showing more than one type of glue in these photos?  Do I need more than just the black bottle? 

Peace-

Boris 

Immel_man #97 Posted 13 November 2020 - 07:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 13 November 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

Do I need more than just the black bottle? 

Nope. You'll be able to do everything with just the black bottle.

Immel_man #98 Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:53 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostVantablack12, on 12 November 2020 - 04:31 PM, said:

I checked my book shelf’s for Sherman reference material and I could not find anything. However, punching in 4th or 5th armored division Sherman’s in to the ‘ol google machine produces a pretty good cache of pictures. I think I’m going to start looking for resin stowages. 

Immel_man #99 Posted 17 November 2020 - 09:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80734 battles
  • [YODA_]

I found this in my stash. I think my plan is to start on this ahead of the group build to post so tutorials and other tips and tricks. how to use putty filler, when to use super glue etc. 

and when the group build is done, some kind of giveaway?

BorisBaddenov #100 Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:33 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 27070 battles

View PostImmel_man, on 17 November 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

I found this in my stash. I think my plan is to start on this ahead of the group build to post so tutorials and other tips and tricks. how to use putty filler, when to use super glue etc. 

and when the group build is done, some kind of giveaway?

I want the Green Bay Packers Coffee Mug.

Peace-

Boris

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users