Welcome to the Zoo

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

_Cletus #1 Posted 07 April 2020 - 07:49 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27975 battles
  • [III-P]

I'm going to start this off by saying that I don't know about aliens.  I don't really believe in them, but there are questions.  At any rate, let's postulate for fun that they are really out there.  There have been plenty of incidents of military pilots encountering them along with video.  There are a number of different shapes, sizes, and manuevers that these UFOs exhibit.  Let's think about that for a minute.  Different shape, sizes, and manuevers.  Now if we were to send a scouting force out to other planets, chances are that most of those spacecraft would be really similar in design, propulsion, and tactics.  So why the UFO variety?  Let's change direction.  Think about those tribes we've found in the Pacific, in Brazil, other places.  Tribes that have been isolated for centuries.  These are groups of people that have no idea about the modern technology that's available to the majority of humanity.  And, as a planet, we've generally decided to leave these tribes to do their own thing.  We don't want to contact them and tarnish their culture with our technology, our modern ways of living, or our diseases that they wouldn't be immune to.  The one thing that we do is to study them from afar, from boats and planes.  

Theory:  As a planet, we're an isolated civilization that doesn't have the technology to travel among the stars.  Instead of working together towards common goals, we fight amongst ourselves for scraps of minerals, territories, technologies, and ideologies.  To an interstellar civilization that could comprise an untold number of planets or even galaxies, what would they do when they encounter an "uncivilized tribe?"  If they are anything like us, they will ban anybody else from contacting us and study us from afar.  So at most we see glimpses of them flying through our atmosphere.  We've heard unconfirmed stories of alien's kidnapping us to study us, mostly from a few decades ago.  Is that when they first found us?  Are they really studying us in a scientific manner or do regular aliens swing by the earth "zoo" to take a look the barbarians in their cage.  If so, they could come from a number of different alien races, explaining the variety we see.  Do they consider it lucky to catch us in a war, killing each other?  Are we just specimens to be studied?

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

KoV3LiK.jpg

crpl_hicks #2 Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5751 battles
  • [KOP]

The Professor has SPOKEN!!!

LOL

Marines....WE ARE LEAVING!

crpl_hicks #3 Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5751 battles
  • [KOP]

And if you need evidence of how insignificant we are in the Universe, This is how far our broadcasts have travelled in OUR Milky Way Galaxy.  Our broadcast extent is the Tiny Blue dot...If you can make it out....

Sorry for the size, but you wouldn't be able to see anything.

BlackBeltBlitzer #4 Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 723 battles
Interesting post. Did you think about it for a while? Too much time on your hands? Me too.

Stay Strong and Tank On!

A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction and a Wallet Warrior In Training.

_Cletus #5 Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:20 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27975 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostJesseRSmith11, on 07 April 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:

Interesting post. Did you think about it for a while? Too much time on your hands? Me too.

I did not.  These types of things come to me in a flash, almost like they are directly downloaded into my brain by....aliens!  Oh sheet, I just blew my own mind.

KoV3LiK.jpg

RonaldusMaximus_ #6 Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:21 PM

Vote: Cletus/Ronaldus 2020

• Players
  • 13196 battles
  • [III-C]
Now imagine mankind are those isolated tribes who the authorities tell everyone to leave alone... And you are a bunch of alien kids on spring break and you just cant help but to tip the cows and scare the crap out of those dumb animals below you on the blue marble. Would explain the different shaped ships and the complete random encounters.

_ImUrHuckleberry #7 Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:56 PM

I have two guns, one for each of you

• Players
  • 15090 battles
  • [-INQ-]

The hypothetical is neat, but really unnecessary. The sheer size of the observable universe is enough to know our planet isn't the only one with life.

Then, realize that the unobservable universe can be just about any size. And then, further realize the high probability of a multiverse and it's clear as day that we are not alone.

The sad part is that the distance is so great, and our lifespans (individually and as a species) so short, that we might never see our star dust brothers and sisters.

Here's hoping I'm wrong, because I really want to probe an alien chick. 

Vengeance is a dish best served naked.

tater_WOT #8 Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:43 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 76477 battles
  • [III-P]
Hmm, I think this might be a form of social distancing!

wrecker1968 #9 Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50163 battles
  • [HOUSE]
In mathematics, the Pythagorean theorem, also known as Pythagoras' theorem, is a fundamental relation in Euclidean geometry among the three sides of a right triangle. It states that the area of the square whose side is the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the areas of the squares on the other two sides.

tanker070 #10 Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:17 AM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 58396 battles
  • [SKXLL]

consider chance of a virus travelling from one species to another... from one spec of cell to another across the world. AND THIS IS JUST IN CLOSED SYSTEM (aka earth)

now consider possibilities of things happening in an infinite system. surely someone has seen us, they just too shy to start a convo.

it be cool to be a only piece of "intelligence" and visit the upper level/basement of whom we hear alot about.

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

_Alopecoid #11 Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:35 AM

Veridicous, Verbatim, Vulpine

• Players
  • 17790 battles
  • [_V2_]
Has anyone heard of the Fermi Paradox Before? I'm pretty sure you have on Youtube or something, the thing is well, where are they? Are they watching us? Do they exist? And more things... It's been sometime I have been on the forums now...

World of Tanks Blitz is A Fair & Balanced Game...
Like Really it is...
Don't Lie, it really is...
trust me :v
https://www.youtube....h?v=GRxofEmo3HA

RonaldusMaximus_ #12 Posted 08 April 2020 - 11:19 AM

Vote: Cletus/Ronaldus 2020

• Players
  • 13196 battles
  • [III-C]
I personally believe we are the first. Someone has to be, why not us?

crpl_hicks #13 Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5751 battles
  • [KOP]

Alopex__ #14 Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3818 battles
  • [T_W_O]
What about they guy who claimed the aliens abducted him for breeding and forced him to have relations with this alien all Gussie's up with a wig and stuff. Seriously some dude was claiming this. In which I can image the authorities are all like "noice...."

_Cletus #15 Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:41 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27975 battles
  • [III-P]

View Post_Alopecoid, on 08 April 2020 - 03:35 AM, said:

Has anyone heard of the Fermi Paradox Before? I'm pretty sure you have on Youtube or something, the thing is well, where are they? Are they watching us? Do they exist? And more things... It's been sometime I have been on the forums now...

I absolutely am familiar with the Fermi Paradox.  And this is an answer to it.  If you don't know, the Fermi paradox is this:

If the universe is basically infinite, and is as old as we think it is, then it stands to reason that a number of civilizations would have had time to grow and basically fill the universe.  Since it's logical that this must have happened, why do we have no proof that it has?  

And my idea is that some union of intergalactic civilizations have decided that we are so primitive they need to allow us to mature on our own before allowing us to join the rest of the universe.  They might even be scared of us.  Since we are constantly killing ourselves, would a peaceful union want to include us? 

KoV3LiK.jpg

_Cletus #16 Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:44 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27975 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 08 April 2020 - 05:19 AM, said:

I personally believe we are the first. Someone has to be, why not us?

It's possible, but I think it's a pretty low possiblity.  The oldest fossils are 3.5 billion years old.  The universe is generally considered to be about 14 billion years old.  So if it took us 4 billion years to get to this point, wouldn't somebody else come up in the previous 10 billion years? 

KoV3LiK.jpg

_Cletus #17 Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:45 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27975 battles
  • [III-P]

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 07 April 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

The hypothetical is neat, but really unnecessary. The sheer size of the observable universe is enough to know our planet isn't the only one with life.

Then, realize that the unobservable universe can be just about any size. And then, further realize the high probability of a multiverse and it's clear as day that we are not alone.

The sad part is that the distance is so great, and our lifespans (individually and as a species) so short, that we might never see our star dust brothers and sisters.

Here's hoping I'm wrong, because I really want to probe an alien chick. 

Vengeance is a dish best served naked.

Agreed, except that if we imagine that UFO sightings are real, that means that they can do it.  Which means it's possible for us to do it.  We just need to figure out how.

KoV3LiK.jpg

_Cletus #18 Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:48 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27975 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostAlopex__, on 08 April 2020 - 08:37 AM, said:

What about they guy who claimed the aliens abducted him for breeding and forced him to have relations with this alien all Gussie's up with a wig and stuff. Seriously some dude was claiming this. In which I can image the authorities are all like "noice...."

A lot of the abduction stories talk about sexual experiments.  Not necessarily ET with a wig on, but abductees have reported that their junk was inspected and experimented on.  There are X-rays after the fact showing crazy things like filopian tubes which have been twisted into spirals.  It could be some type of Freudian sexual repression coming out in hypnosis sessions, or it could be aliens experimenting on us, figuring out how we reproduce, which is something that we do when we find a new species on earth.

KoV3LiK.jpg

Alopex__ #19 Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3818 battles
  • [T_W_O]

View Post_Cletus, on 08 April 2020 - 02:48 PM, said:

A lot of the abduction stories talk about sexual experiments.  Not necessarily ET with a wig on, but abductees have reported that their junk was inspected and experimented on.  There are X-rays after the fact showing crazy things like filopian tubes which have been twisted into spirals.  It could be some type of Freudian sexual repression coming out in hypnosis sessions, or it could be aliens experimenting on us, figuring out how we reproduce, which is something that we do when we find a new species on earth.

Before any one asks, I am a mutated ninja fox, not an  human/alien furry lovechild. 

_Cletus #20 Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:13 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27975 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostAlopex__, on 08 April 2020 - 08:53 AM, said:

Before any one asks, I am a mutated ninja fox, not an  human/alien furry lovechild. 

This type of statement cannot be made without proof.

KoV3LiK.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users