Jump to content


Welcome to the Zoo


  • Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Absolute_Sniper #61 Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:24 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41707 battles
  • 3,500
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015
I think the vastness of the universe is why we will never see any visitors.  That whole can’t go faster than the speed of light is a pretty big deterrent. Not to mention the time warping effect of traveling that fast. I think if earth ever had any visitors, they’ve already come and gone. We could have been planted here by some ancient alien civilization as an experiment perhaps but even then, why earth? There are millions of earth like planets in our galaxy alone. They’d probably pick one closer.

Advanced civilizations would never need anything from us. Our planet doesn’t have enough resources to merit visiting as every resource we have is much easier to get elsewhere.

Lastly any aggressive advanced civilization that had the tech to travel the vastness of space that wanted to off us wouldn’t invade and send in troops. They would shoot us, probably from light years away, and be done with it.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

 

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

 


_Cletus #62 Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:41 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 27975 battles
  • 6,527
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 19 May 2020 - 07:24 PM, said:

I think the vastness of the universe is why we will never see any visitors. That whole can’t go faster than the speed of light is a pretty big deterrent. Not to mention the time warping effect of traveling that fast. I think if earth ever had any visitors, they’ve already come and gone. We could have been planted here by some ancient alien civilization as an experiment perhaps but even then, why earth? There are millions of earth like planets in our galaxy alone. They’d probably pick one closer.

Advanced civilizations would never need anything from us. Our planet doesn’t have enough resources to merit visiting as every resource we have is much easier to get elsewhere.

Lastly any aggressive advanced civilization that had the tech to travel the vastness of space that wanted to off us wouldn’t invade and send in troops. They would shoot us, probably from light years away, and be done with it.

 

You aren't wrong in theory, but that doesn't explain modern UFO sightings.  I mean, these things have been recorded by the Air Force.  And it could still be Bee Ess, but for the sake of conversation we'll say they're real.  And if that's the case, then why?  As you say, if a civilization was so advanced that they figured a way to break the speed of light without being too adversely affected by time dilation, what would we have to offer?  

 

And the answer to that is that we are a scientific subject.  Just the same way that we study aboriginal tribes to see how they develop, I would posit that we're being studied by multiple alien species, and it's been going on for centuries.  They are watching us, not interfering with us, to see what they can learn about developing a society.  They have been watching since at least the age of the pyramids.  Has anyone noticed that UFOs and close encounters spiked during the cold war?  Could that be because the aliens were concerned that we were going to destroy ourselves and the planet in a nuclear holocaust?  Would our own scientists intervene if an aboriginal tribe was about to kill themselves?  Would they intervene to save an experiment they've been conducting for centuries?  Yep.  Welcome to the Zoo.  Look up at the sky and smile, scientists are watching.


Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

 

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

 

KoV3LiK.jpg

 

generalhonks #63 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6068 battles
  • 342
  • [_BIA_]
  • Member since:
    01-09-2019

View Post_Cletus, on 20 May 2020 - 09:41 AM, said:

 

You aren't wrong in theory, but that doesn't explain modern UFO sightings.  I mean, these things have been recorded by the Air Force.  And it could still be Bee Ess, but for the sake of conversation we'll say they're real.  And if that's the case, then why?  As you say, if a civilization was so advanced that they figured a way to break the speed of light without being too adversely affected by time dilation, what would we have to offer?  

 

And the answer to that is that we are a scientific subject.  Just the same way that we study aboriginal tribes to see how they develop, I would posit that we're being studied by multiple alien species, and it's been going on for centuries.  They are watching us, not interfering with us, to see what they can learn about developing a society.  They have been watching since at least the age of the pyramids.  Has anyone noticed that UFOs and close encounters spiked during the cold war?  Could that be because the aliens were concerned that we were going to destroy ourselves and the planet in a nuclear holocaust?  Would our own scientists intervene if an aboriginal tribe was about to kill themselves?  Would they intervene to save an experiment they've been conducting for centuries?  Yep.  Welcome to the Zoo.  Look up at the sky and smile, scientists are watching.


UFOs are just alien scouts checking in to see if we've made any progress on technological advancement. Think about it: UFO sightings usually come in waves, that's why they popped up in the 1950s, when they probably wanted to see what was going on and found us in the middle of the Cold War. After they figured that out, they kept coming back to watch the war. Then the UFO sightings diminished after the Cold War. And UFOs are like cars or aircraft; there are a lot of types of them. Look at our armies today; a lot of different types of aircraft. As such, it explains why we see so many different types of UFOs. Thanks for reading.


We need a Merkava line ingame!!!!!                               Missiles are not a problem, ya'll just jealous you aren't skilled enough to use them (Ok, ok I'm joking.:harp:).

Favorite youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrbR3qd2wH72w_aMDPyMVhQ

Progetto 46 is life.

 

 


_Cletus #64 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:49 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 27975 battles
  • 6,527
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Postgeneralhonks, on 20 May 2020 - 08:36 AM, said:


UFOs are just alien scouts checking in to see if we've made any progress on technological advancement. Think about it: UFO sightings usually come in waves, that's why they popped up in the 1950s, when they probably wanted to see what was going on and found us in the middle of the Cold War. After they figured that out, they kept coming back to watch the war. Then the UFO sightings diminished after the Cold War. And UFOs are like cars or aircraft; there are a lot of types of them. Look at our armies today; a lot of different types of aircraft. As such, it explains why we see so many different types of UFOs. Thanks for reading.

 

Yeah, but why?  Any investigator looks for motive, why do they care about our crappy technology?


Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

 

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

 

KoV3LiK.jpg

 

RonaldusMaximus_ #65 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:50 PM

    Vote: Cletus/Ronaldus 2020

  • Players
  • 13196 battles
  • 3,197
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
Food Tourism

 

 


generalhonks #66 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:59 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6068 battles
  • 342
  • [_BIA_]
  • Member since:
    01-09-2019

View Post_Cletus, on 20 May 2020 - 10:49 AM, said:

 

Yeah, but why?  Any investigator looks for motive, why do they care about our crappy technology?


To see how far we've come. Look at how we look at primitive tribes; We look at how they adapt to their environment and how they overcome challenges. I may have misworded it when I said technological, I meant adapting to changes in environment.


We need a Merkava line ingame!!!!!                               Missiles are not a problem, ya'll just jealous you aren't skilled enough to use them (Ok, ok I'm joking.:harp:).

Favorite youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrbR3qd2wH72w_aMDPyMVhQ

Progetto 46 is life.

 

 


_Cletus #67 Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:17 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 27975 battles
  • 6,527
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Postgeneralhonks, on 20 May 2020 - 08:59 AM, said:


To see how far we've come. Look at how we look at primitive tribes; We look at how they adapt to their environment and how they overcome challenges. I may have misworded it when I said technological, I meant adapting to changes in environment.

 

Well that's what I'm saying.  We are primitives being studied by mutliple alien civilizations.  They probably have to tell their kids not to drop anything on us while they laugh at the dancing monkeys.


Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

 

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

 

KoV3LiK.jpg

 

_Cletus #68 Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:18 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 27975 battles
  • 6,527
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 20 May 2020 - 08:50 AM, said:

Food Tourism

 

People are too gristly.


Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

 

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

 

KoV3LiK.jpg

 

RonaldusMaximus_ #69 Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:25 PM

    Vote: Cletus/Ronaldus 2020

  • Players
  • 13196 battles
  • 3,197
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
We may be the only place in the universe with cows.

 

 


crpl_hicks #70 Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:43 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5751 battles
  • 1,435
  • [KOP]
  • Member since:
    05-22-2015

 

Marines....WE ARE LEAVING!


generalhonks #71 Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6068 battles
  • 342
  • [_BIA_]
  • Member since:
    01-09-2019

 Humans in the WotB forums: Are aliens real, are they watching us or something?

 

Aliens: Laugh hysterically. 


We need a Merkava line ingame!!!!!                               Missiles are not a problem, ya'll just jealous you aren't skilled enough to use them (Ok, ok I'm joking.:harp:).

Favorite youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrbR3qd2wH72w_aMDPyMVhQ

Progetto 46 is life.

 

 


generalhonks #72 Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6068 battles
  • 342
  • [_BIA_]
  • Member since:
    01-09-2019

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 20 May 2020 - 11:43 AM, said:

Well that’s dark.


We need a Merkava line ingame!!!!!                               Missiles are not a problem, ya'll just jealous you aren't skilled enough to use them (Ok, ok I'm joking.:harp:).

Favorite youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrbR3qd2wH72w_aMDPyMVhQ

Progetto 46 is life.

 

 


crpl_hicks #73 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:09 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5751 battles
  • 1,435
  • [KOP]
  • Member since:
    05-22-2015

Man...this thread is Like the Song that NEVER ends!

 

It just goes round and round my friends


 

Marines....WE ARE LEAVING!


Absolute_Sniper #74 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:10 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41707 battles
  • 3,500
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015

View Post_Cletus, on 20 May 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

 

You aren't wrong in theory, but that doesn't explain modern UFO sightings.  I mean, these things have been recorded by the Air Force.  And it could still be Bee Ess, but for the sake of conversation we'll say they're real.  And if that's the case, then why?  As you say, if a civilization was so advanced that they figured a way to break the speed of light without being too adversely affected by time dilation, what would we have to offer?  

 

And the answer to that is that we are a scientific subject.  Just the same way that we study aboriginal tribes to see how they develop, I would posit that we're being studied by multiple alien species, and it's been going on for centuries.  They are watching us, not interfering with us, to see what they can learn about developing a society.  They have been watching since at least the age of the pyramids.  Has anyone noticed that UFOs and close encounters spiked during the cold war?  Could that be because the aliens were concerned that we were going to destroy ourselves and the planet in a nuclear holocaust?  Would our own scientists intervene if an aboriginal tribe was about to kill themselves?  Would they intervene to save an experiment they've been conducting for centuries?  Yep.  Welcome to the Zoo.  Look up at the sky and smile, scientists are watching.

Us being a science experiment would be the only thing that I’d give credence to. I give it credence only because there are things we cannot explain fully. How were the pyramids made with the precision that they were? Was it aliens? It hasn’t been disproven yet so there is a chance. 


I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

 

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

 


Alopex__ #75 Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3818 battles
  • 388
  • [T_W_O]
  • Member since:
    02-26-2019

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 20 May 2020 - 05:10 PM, said:

Us being a science experiment would be the only thing that I’d give credence to. I give it credence only because there are things we cannot explain fully. How were the pyramids made with the precision that they were? Was it aliens? It hasn’t been disproven yet so there is a chance. 

Like Prometheus? And when they get tired of us they try to unleash a convoluted  plan of using a black go that kinda does some things with DNA making some turn into exploding head zombies or give birth to hentai tentacle creatures, and thus ultimately results Xenomorphs mouth punching people with their secondary jaw instead of just photon blasting from orbit.  But, they mishandled the payload and screwed them selves. We find them and our robot android kinda decides to experiment on us for reasons. Charlize therone gets crushed cause she can't zig or zag. Then we end with bringing the fight to THEM.



_Cletus #76 Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:37 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 27975 battles
  • 6,527
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
In a way, the science experiment theory, if true, could be a boon for humanity.  Consider what happens as our technology advances.  If some lost tribe on a Pacific island develops, say radio technology, wouldn't that be time to welcome them to the fold of modern humanity?  And if our technology continues to advance and we start reaching farther away from the planet, isn't there a chance that the aliens would allow us to join their society?  Imagine if tomorrow we had faster than light technology.  Of course, we'd have to find our place in a much bigger society, one whose convolutions and motivations are probably unimaginable to us.  But that would certainly be better than invasion, slavery, and becoming an intergalactic appetizer.

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

 

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

 

KoV3LiK.jpg

 

crpl_hicks #77 Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:34 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5751 battles
  • 1,435
  • [KOP]
  • Member since:
    05-22-2015

So since we're talking Aliens ( I happen to be familiar with a few ).  How about these famous last words from Capt. Hiller(Will Smith) from ID4 - 

 

"Look, I really don't think they flew 90 billion light years to come down here and start a fight. Get all rowdy."

 

And we all know how that ended up for the world?  Independence Day Resurgence.


 

Marines....WE ARE LEAVING!


wrecker1968 #78 Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:27 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50163 battles
  • 1,575
  • [HOUSE]
  • Member since:
    04-13-2016
While this is a extremely stimulating and mind blowing conversation. I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna have for breakfast.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users