Jump to content


6.10, tier 5, and some minor complaints

6.10 suggestions tier 5 update

  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

NeverMoreHopeful_ #1 Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:18 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 16523 battles
  • 41
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2018
So, we've seen 6.10. Every single heavy tank from tier 6 to 10 are being given HP buffs. But where does that leave mediums? Lights? Even tank destroyers? It's so much for them to deal with.
The first thing I want to address: Tier 5. 
The gap from tier 5 to tier 6 in 6.9 is already huge. Now, they're adding hitpoints to all the tier 6 heavies. Where does that leave tier 5s? 
My suggestion, for now, is to give tier 5 preferential matchmaking. Hopefully it can be temporary, but with the huge power gap between the tiers, tier 5 just feels like it won't be capable of doing anything anymore.
The next thing I want to address: Tier 8 lights and mediums
Tier 8 lights and mediums in the tech tree are bad right now. Really bad. They struggle from premium powercreep already. Panther II and Panther 8,8 are getting buffed, but what about the rest of them? T-44, Indien Panzer, and Centurion 1 most notably. And also, what about literally every single stock non-heavy? They're all going to suffer. Period. Will 6.11 have a large bundle of buffs to the rest of the tech tree? How do we expect a Centurion 1 with a comet gun to take down a 1900 HP superheavy, much less a 2400 HP one? It's just... There's nothing it can do. Period. Tell me what you think in the comments!

RonaldusMaximus_ #2 Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:28 PM

    Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

  • Players
  • 20032 battles
  • 5,986
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

Simple answer: Git Gud

 

Preferential MM for all tier 5s? That would be a seal clubbers wet dream.

Noone expects a Centurion 1 to take down any heavy with the 77mm frontally even with the current HP values, you gotta play smart. 


 


acrisis #3 Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:39 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21965 battles
  • 13,758
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

There is an official balancing thread ...

 

http://forum.wotblit...dpost&p=1686329


 

            BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    
 

 > PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy
 


NeverMoreHopeful_ #4 Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:40 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 16523 battles
  • 41
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2018
Clearly, yes, but it shouldn't be that bad. Mediums just have no role whatsoever at tier 8, and the majority of tournaments are all heavies, a sheridan or two, and/or a TD or two.. And yes, while I agree that having preferential matchmaking for tier 5s would be really bad in the way of seal clubbing, what do we do about the new players? It will essentially be +2/-1 matchmaking, the gap of strength is so bad.

RonaldusMaximus_ #5 Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:51 PM

    Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

  • Players
  • 20032 battles
  • 5,986
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
New players will drive heavies. But this is just a HP buff, with similar pools of HP on each team, the problems are in tournaments where teams will be entirely heavy. Meds, lights and TD's will always play their roles in pub matches.

 


Absolute_Sniper #6 Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:57 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 49743 battles
  • 3,949
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015
Mediums have always had a higher skill ceiling than heavies. Having said that, a good medium or light player is going to get more damage per game. Heavies will feel more able to push with the extra hp and aggressive heavies can be easy to farm.
Tier 6 and 7 are littered with viable lights and mediums.
The Progetto, Pantera, Mod 1, Type 59, M4 Rev are all very strong in the current meta at tier 8.
Tier 9 is still probably the most balanced tier from top to bottom excluding the T92.
Tier X has some very strong mediums as well.

I think all will be fine. As far as the gap between 5-6, it shouldn’t be much of a problem since it only takes a handful of games to unlock tier 6. This is especially true with the addition of all the boosters and the x5 you get everyday.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

 

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

 


_Cletus #7 Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:57 PM

    [edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

  • Players
  • 33657 battles
  • 8,560
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
The heavy buff is stupid, but at the end of the day the main thing it's going to accomplish is to pad damage stats for better players.  Tier 8 tech tree meds have gotten pretty meh, but tier 8 premium meds are awesome.

 

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?
 

NeverMoreHopeful_ #8 Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:02 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 16523 battles
  • 41
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2018

View Post_Cletus, on 09 April 2020 - 07:57 PM, said:

The heavy buff is stupid, but at the end of the day the main thing it's going to accomplish is to pad damage stats for better players.  Tier 8 tech tree meds have gotten pretty meh, but tier 8 premium meds are awesome.

That's exactly why I am concerned. Tech tree tanks are (generally speaking) supposed to be better versions of their premium counterparts when maxed, but quite a bit worse when stock. Look at the T-54 Mod. 1, for instance. That is literally just better than the T-44 in every single way but mobility. Or the Caernarvon/Action X. Powercreep is brutal and rather overkill in the way of premiums versus tech tree at the moment, specifically in tier 8 but also somewhat in tier 7 and 9, specifically with:
Dracula, Smasher, Type 62, K-91, AMX 30 1er Prot, for those two tiers. 
 



_Crusader6_ #9 Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:31 PM

    Missing: 1x j_rod, if found please call

  • Players
  • 80199 battles
  • 19,073
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostNMH1701, on 09 April 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

Clearly, yes, but it shouldn't be that bad. Mediums just have no role whatsoever at tier 8, and the majority of tournaments are all heavies, a sheridan or two, and/or a TD or two.. And yes, while I agree that having preferential matchmaking for tier 5s would be really bad in the way of seal clubbing, what do we do about the new players? It will essentially be +2/-1 matchmaking, the gap of strength is so bad.

 

Yes because my 70%+ solo WR in tier 8 Mediums in the last 90 days  (545 games) clearly indicates mediums are trash in tier 8.

   Yeah they take a higher skill level, but when you look how bad the player base is, it is fairly easy to farm a lot of potatoes if you have mobility.

 

I think the heavy buff is a bad idea -- unless a lot of lights and meds are going to get Pen buffs and/or get the pre 3.8 Rammer...

 

 

 

 


I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 476 tanks in Garage:  489/493 Played Tanks Aced
 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


Absolute_Sniper #10 Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:33 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 49743 battles
  • 3,949
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015

View Post__Crusader6__, on 09 April 2020 - 08:31 PM, said:

 

Yes because my 70%+ solo WR in tier 8 Mediums in the last 90 days  (545 games) clearly indicates mediums are trash in tier 8.

   Yeah they take a higher skill level, but when you look how bad the player base is, it is fairly easy to farm a lot of potatoes if you have mobility.

 

I think the heavy buff is a bad idea -- unless a lot of lights and meds are going to get Pen buffs and/or get the pre 3.8 Rammer...

 

 

 

 

Next stop: undoing the premium ammo nerf. 


I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

 

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

 


VonTink #11 Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:39 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30901 battles
  • 694
  • [MONTE]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 09 April 2020 - 07:57 PM, said:

Mediums have always had a higher skill ceiling than heavies. Having said that, a good medium or light player is going to get more damage per game. Heavies will feel more able to push with the extra hp and aggressive heavies can be easy to farm.
Tier 6 and 7 are littered with viable lights and mediums.
The Progetto, Pantera, Mod 1, Type 59, M4 Rev are all very strong in the current meta at tier 8.
Tier 9 is still probably the most balanced tier from top to bottom excluding the T92.
Tier X has some very strong mediums as well.

I think all will be fine. As far as the gap between 5-6, it shouldn’t be much of a problem since it only takes a handful of games to unlock tier 6. This is especially true with the addition of all the boosters and the x5 you get everyday.


The Type 59 was power crept YEARS ago.  Today it is a veritable joke of a tank.  Always lowest tier, a pitiful gun, dog slow (remember it was sold as being a very fast tank?), penned by anything, easily.  To think that WG charged $50 or more for that tank.  Absolutely criminal.  But the feckless morons of this player base deserve no less.  

 

 


Edited by VonTink, 09 April 2020 - 08:40 PM.


_Crusader6_ #12 Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:52 PM

    Missing: 1x j_rod, if found please call

  • Players
  • 80199 battles
  • 19,073
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostVonTink, on 09 April 2020 - 03:39 PM, said:


The Type 59 was power crept YEARS ago.  Today it is a veritable joke of a tank.  Always lowest tier, a pitiful gun, dog slow (remember it was sold as being a very fast tank?), penned by anything, easily.  To think that WG charged $50 or more for that tank.  Absolutely criminal.  But the feckless morons of this player base deserve no less.  

 

 


Yet guess what medium has occupied the top 1 or 2 spots in tier 8 medium balance charts for eternity...

   Sure it’s not the powerhouse it was with Pref MM during +/-2, but it’s hardly a poor tank these days. 
 

 


 


I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 476 tanks in Garage:  489/493 Played Tanks Aced
 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


j_rod #13 Posted 09 April 2020 - 09:50 PM

    Quit being a Karen!

  • Players
  • 34951 battles
  • 4,539
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View Post__Crusader6__, on 09 April 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:


Yet guess what medium has occupied the top 1 or 2 spots in tier 8 medium balance charts for eternity...

   Sure it’s not the powerhouse it was with Pref MM during +/-2, but it’s hardly a poor tank these days. 
 


He’s got 3.9k games in the tank running a 41% winrate and a remarkable 921 avg damage. Do you really think he’s got a clue?


Edited by j_rod, 09 April 2020 - 09:51 PM.

Eventually given an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite number of Monkeys, they will come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. - C6 articulating the Infinite Monkey Theorem
It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

https://www.verywellmind.com/an-overview-of-the-dunning-kruger-effect-4160740

 

 


_Alopecoid #14 Posted 09 April 2020 - 10:07 PM

    Veridicous, Verbatim, Vulpine

  • Players
  • 18639 battles
  • 217
  • [-KMS-]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2015
The heavy buff may be bad, we'll just have to see how battles will go in the future, Medium tanks will still have their place though, same goes for light tanks.

World of Tanks Blitz is A Fair & Balanced Game...
Like Really it is...
Don't Lie, it really is...
trust me :v
https://www.youtube....h?v=GRxofEmo3HA


_Yohtician #15 Posted 09 April 2020 - 10:28 PM

    The Best Tactician

  • Players
  • 31019 battles
  • 3,176
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015
Platoon with someone good and double tap people. It works quite well.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

 

Give us the IRON CROSS


wrecker1968 #16 Posted 09 April 2020 - 10:56 PM

    Head of Security

  • Players
  • 60788 battles
  • 2,648
  • [HOUSE]
  • Member since:
    04-13-2016
:popcorn:

VonTink #17 Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:28 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30901 battles
  • 694
  • [MONTE]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View Postj_rod, on 09 April 2020 - 09:50 PM, said:


He’s got 3.9k games in the tank running a 41% winrate and a remarkable 921 avg damage. Do you really think he’s got a clue?


Do you know how many games I used that tank for to administer street justice?  No, I didn't think so.  You are as clueless as anyone.

 

 



Immel_man #18 Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:59 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 81851 battles
  • 1,017
  • [YODA_]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016
Tank rolls have been blurred for too long, I’m kinda okay with the heavy ho buffs IF lites and meds got to do their jobs more efficiently too. Buff their view ranges.

Edited by Immel_man, 09 April 2020 - 11:59 PM.


BAR_001 #19 Posted 10 April 2020 - 12:28 AM

    Mechanized com poster

  • Players
  • 36992 battles
  • 3,026
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    02-18-2017
I think WG has always wanted a heavy dominant upper tier game and the stupid missiles mucked it up. So this is like a Dr. giving you a pill for a headache and the headache pill gives you indigestion. So you get another pill for the indigestion and that pill gives you a diarrhea..   BbbbBeBBBbebb..
The hardest part of Blitz to overcome is the greens

j_rod #20 Posted 10 April 2020 - 12:39 AM

    Quit being a Karen!

  • Players
  • 34951 battles
  • 4,539
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostVonTink, on 09 April 2020 - 05:28 PM, said:


Do you know how many games I used that tank for to administer street justice?  No, I didn't think so.  You are as clueless as anyone.

 

 


Cool. So which tank have you not used for street justice? 


Eventually given an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite number of Monkeys, they will come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. - C6 articulating the Infinite Monkey Theorem
It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

https://www.verywellmind.com/an-overview-of-the-dunning-kruger-effect-4160740

 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users