Jump to content


6.10, tier 5, and some minor complaints

6.10 suggestions tier 5 update

  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Texas_Tyrant #21 Posted 10 April 2020 - 01:04 AM

    The Philosophical Tank Farmer

  • Players
  • 12111 battles
  • 1,384
  • [UTC]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2018

View PostNMH1701, on 09 April 2020 - 01:18 PM, said:

So, we've seen 6.10. Every single heavy tank from tier 6 to 10 are being given HP buffs. But where does that leave mediums? Lights? Even tank destroyers? It's so much for them to deal with.
The first thing I want to address: Tier 5. 
The gap from tier 5 to tier 6 in 6.9 is already huge. Now, they're adding hitpoints to all the tier 6 heavies. Where does that leave tier 5s? 
My suggestion, for now, is to give tier 5 preferential matchmaking. Hopefully it can be temporary, but with the huge power gap between the tiers, tier 5 just feels like it won't be capable of doing anything anymore.
The next thing I want to address: Tier 8 lights and mediums
Tier 8 lights and mediums in the tech tree are bad right now. Really bad. They struggle from premium powercreep already. Panther II and Panther 8,8 are getting buffed, but what about the rest of them? T-44, Indien Panzer, and Centurion 1 most notably. And also, what about literally every single stock non-heavy? They're all going to suffer. Period. Will 6.11 have a large bundle of buffs to the rest of the tech tree? How do we expect a Centurion 1 with a comet gun to take down a 1900 HP superheavy, much less a 2400 HP one? It's just... There's nothing it can do. Period. Tell me what you think in the comments!

I believe in stead of "update 6.10" or "update 6.11" it goes to update 7.0.

Texas_Tyrant


We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

 


_Crusader6_ #22 Posted 10 April 2020 - 01:06 AM

    Angry Mod

  • Players
  • 68691 battles
  • 14,837
  • [DEF]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 09 April 2020 - 08:04 PM, said:

I believe in stead of "update 6.10" or "update 6.11" it goes to update 7.0.

Texas_Tyrant


Not that isn't how software goes -- 7.0 will be saved for something big.


 

 
Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


_Cletus #23 Posted 10 April 2020 - 01:36 AM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 31320 battles
  • 7,510
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Post__Crusader6__, on 09 April 2020 - 07:06 PM, said:


Not that isn't how software goes -- 7.0 will be saved for something big.

 

Missile removal?


 

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Chiefmac #24 Posted 10 April 2020 - 01:47 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 55000 battles
  • 740
  • [ROTI]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2014

View PostVonTink, on 09 April 2020 - 12:39 PM, said:


The Type 59 was power crept YEARS ago.  Today it is a veritable joke of a tank.  Always lowest tier, a pitiful gun, dog slow (remember it was sold as being a very fast tank?), penned by anything, easily.  To think that WG charged $50 or more for that tank.  Absolutely criminal.  But the feckless morons of this player base deserve no less.  

 

 

It WAS fast when it was first released, compared to the other TT tanks at the time. It’s long since been passed by the flood of Tier VIII mediums. 



Absolute_Sniper #25 Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:52 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 44418 battles
  • 3,897
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015

View PostVonTink, on 09 April 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:


The Type 59 was power crept YEARS ago.  Today it is a veritable joke of a tank.  Always lowest tier, a pitiful gun, dog slow (remember it was sold as being a very fast tank?), penned by anything, easily.  To think that WG charged $50 or more for that tank.  Absolutely criminal.  But the feckless morons of this player base deserve no less.  

 

 

Sorry you paid $50 for a tank you don’t like. Just because you don’t mesh with it has nothing to do with how effective it is. It still has a great turret and a decent gun. It’s a tourney worthy tank at tier 8 still and can hold its own against other tier 8 mediums and heavies. 


I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

 

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

 


Valkyrie04 #26 Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:32 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3488 battles
  • 170
  • [FL-LT]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2019
I always laugh when someone says T-44 is powercreep. It's one of the few tanks that truly met my expectations. With no doubt T-54 mod 1 and Type 59 are better, but T-44 is a solid tank to these days

_Crusader6_ #27 Posted 10 April 2020 - 01:17 PM

    Angry Mod

  • Players
  • 68691 battles
  • 14,837
  • [DEF]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostValkyrie04, on 10 April 2020 - 05:32 AM, said:

I always laugh when someone says T-44 is powercreep. It's one of the few tanks that truly met my expectations. With no doubt T-54 mod 1 and Type 59 are better, but T-44 is a solid tank to these days


For me the T-44 is a lot better then the Mod 1, I have never meshed with the Mod 1, I find it an unreliable sluggish pig. 
  


 

 
Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


VonTink #28 Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:27 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25474 battles
  • 548
  • [MONTE]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 10 April 2020 - 03:52 AM, said:

Sorry you paid $50 for a tank you don’t like. Just because you don’t mesh with it has nothing to do with how effective it is. It still has a great turret and a decent gun. It’s a tourney worthy tank at tier 8 still and can hold its own against other tier 8 mediums and heavies. 


The gun is a joke and I've have a LOT of money if I had $1 for every time I've read that here in this forum.  Your uninformed opinion does not change that fact. 



Absolute_Sniper #29 Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:41 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 44418 battles
  • 3,897
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015

View PostVonTink, on 10 April 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:


The gun is a joke and I've have a LOT of money if I had $1 for every time I've read that here in this forum.  Your uninformed opinion does not change that fact. 

Try assembling a complete thought into a sentence and try again. 


I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

 

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

 


Duckmaster1303 #30 Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:00 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 15617 battles
  • 82
  • Member since:
    02-13-2016
I have 600 battle in the type 59 with a 58% winrate, it's a very solid tank if played right as it has decent armor, reasonable gun depression, mobility, and the gun has good alpha for a med. It really bullies tier 7s but really need to stay hull down against most tier 8-9. Calling it weak is a you problem.

Duckmaster1303 #31 Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:02 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 15617 battles
  • 82
  • Member since:
    02-13-2016
I have 600 battle in the type 59 with a 58% winrate, it's a very solid tank if played right as it has decent armor, reasonable gun depression, mobility, and the gun has good alpha for a med. It really bullies tier 7s but really need to stay hull down against most tier 8-9. Calling it weak is a you problem.

_Crusader6_ #32 Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:45 PM

    Angry Mod

  • Players
  • 68691 battles
  • 14,837
  • [DEF]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostVonTink, on 10 April 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:


The gun is a joke and I've have a LOT of money if I had $1 for every time I've read that here in this forum.  Your uninformed opinion does not change that fact. 


Joke? Compared to what? 
   Yes the pen is less than most of the NATO tier 8 Meds, but better than the Soviet Meds.  
 
I do think owners who had it pre +/-1 MM change got screwed over, as every other Pref MM tank (but the poor Panther M10) got some sort of buff.   It at least deserved its original DPM back when it was first introduced as a +/-2 tank before it was reduced when it got Pref MM.   

 

That said it’s still very competitive.  
 

 


 

 
Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


VonTink #33 Posted 11 April 2020 - 11:37 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25474 battles
  • 548
  • [MONTE]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostDuckmaster1303, on 10 April 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

I have 600 battle in the type 59 with a 58% winrate, it's a very solid tank if played right as it has decent armor, reasonable gun depression, mobility, and the gun has good alpha for a med. It really bullies tier 7s but really need to stay hull down against most tier 8-9. Calling it weak is a you problem.


:teethhappy:


 



minitel_NA #34 Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:33 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,899
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostBAR_001, on 10 April 2020 - 12:28 AM, said:

I think WG has always wanted a heavy dominant upper tier game and the stupid missiles mucked it up. So this is like a Dr. giving you a pill for a headache and the headache pill gives you indigestion. So you get another pill for the indigestion and that pill gives you a diarrhea..   BbbbBeBBBbebb..


I like your anal-ogy.

 

ok, I’m out.


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


minitel_NA #35 Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:34 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,899
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostBAR_001, on 10 April 2020 - 12:28 AM, said:

I think WG has always wanted a heavy dominant upper tier game and the stupid missiles mucked it up. So this is like a Dr. giving you a pill for a headache and the headache pill gives you indigestion. So you get another pill for the indigestion and that pill gives you a diarrhea..   BbbbBeBBBbebb..


I like your anal-ogy.

 

ok, I’m out.


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


THE_FluffiestTank #36 Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:23 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 21215 battles
  • 3
  • [BOWL]
  • Member since:
    09-25-2015

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 09 April 2020 - 07:57 PM, said:

Mediums have always had a higher skill ceiling than heavies. Having said that, a good medium or light player is going to get more damage per game. Heavies will feel more able to push with the extra hp and aggressive heavies can be easy to farm.
Tier 6 and 7 are littered with viable lights and mediums.
The Progetto, Pantera, Mod 1, Type 59, M4 Rev are all very strong in the current meta at tier 8.
Tier 9 is still probably the most balanced tier from top to bottom excluding the T92.
Tier X has some very strong mediums as well.

I think all will be fine. As far as the gap between 5-6, it shouldn’t be much of a problem since it only takes a handful of games to unlock tier 6. This is especially true with the addition of all the boosters and the x5 you get everyday.

 

Your comment pretty much summed up what I was thinking, more or less.

 

That being said, I don't think the HP increase in Tier 6 - 10 heavies are as big of an issue as one would honestly think; from what I can tell the buff itself is like 100 or so HP being tacked on to the existing amount that Heavies have, with some getting even less than that amount (Tiger I's HP going up from 1450 to 1500, for example). The way I see it, I don't think there's too much of an issue with the HP buffs, at least none that I can see immediately.

 

At least that's just my own two cents on the matter; I'll admit that I'm pretty mediocre at the game myself, but I honestly just play the game to have a good time, so maybe this patch just doesn't seem like a big deal to me as it is to others. idk.

 

 

 

 
 

 



Alopex__ #37 Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:50 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3818 battles
  • 409
  • [T_W_O]
  • Member since:
    02-26-2019
I don't like the type 59. It's does well with most. I don't enjoy playing it. It's not bad, but not great. Except armor. It wins with absorbed damage, not by output.

IronBehemoth #38 Posted 19 May 2020 - 02:15 AM

    Official Society Game Play Publicist.

  • Players
  • 11721 battles
  • 559
  • [-INQ-]
  • Member since:
    01-17-2015

View PostVonTink, on 10 April 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:


The gun is a joke and I've have a LOT of money if I had $1 for every time I've read that here in this forum.  Your uninformed opinion does not change that fact. 

Probably the most typical thing in the game is 40%ers thinking their opinions are informed. If 40%ers like you could just recognize the fact that youre bad- and therefore don't know what youre talking about - you would probably eventually improve. But instead, you'd rather live in a fantasy where it's everything else (RNG, ghost shells, OP tanks!) that are all conspiring against you. At this point, it's more sad than comical.

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 09 April 2020 - 07:57 PM, said:

Mediums have always had a higher skill ceiling than heavies. Having said that, a good medium or light player is going to get more damage per game. Heavies will feel more able to push with the extra hp and aggressive heavies can be easy to farm.
Tier 6 and 7 are littered with viable lights and mediums.
The Progetto, Pantera, Mod 1, Type 59, M4 Rev are all very strong in the current meta at tier 8.
Tier 9 is still probably the most balanced tier from top to bottom excluding the T92.
Tier X has some very strong mediums as well.

I think all will be fine. As far as the gap between 5-6, it shouldn’t be much of a problem since it only takes a handful of games to unlock tier 6. This is especially true with the addition of all the boosters and the x5 you get everyday.

This dude has summed up everything from the getgo and so its amazing that the thread still continues.

Heavies have the armor and hp. Meds have the dpm mobility and camo. That's as it should be. I would argue things are more balanced now than they were before.

Before, a heavy and a med could trade hits and (in an ideal situation) die at the same time, assuming the med does more dpm yet has more bounces due to armor. However, good players will rarely bounce the difference in dpm, and on top of that, meds have the mobility and camo advantage. By buffing hp, the heavies are able to more successfully carry out their heavy roles while meds are forced to behave more like meds. Good players applying the intended playstyle of meds will be able to farm the dpm difference, and bad players will still attempt to hittrade, die, and then cry on forums about how heavies are favored.



Barny227 #39 Posted 19 May 2020 - 05:22 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37927 battles
  • 716
  • [MOM]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 09 April 2020 - 08:33 PM, said:

Next stop: undoing the premium ammo nerf. 


Yes, this is a solid idea.



Kiwi_Kebab #40 Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:24 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6690 battles
  • 1,295
  • [ENDDZ]
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014

View PostBarny227, on 18 May 2020 - 11:22 PM, said:


Yes, this is a solid idea.

Which nerf we talking about, the one where they do less damage, or the one where mediums get less premium pen?

 

For the former, I like that they do less damage. It gives incentive to using standard ammo, so players that can aim well will do better damage. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users