What did I do wrong - I’m a noob | video

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

JakeBaby #1 Posted 10 April 2020 - 02:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2214 battles
  • [HWTZR]

No idea if this belongs here. If it doesn’t, can someone tell me where it should.

Here is a replay of a game I played in the mäuschen earlier today. I noticed I was especially nooby and bad in this one, more than usual. 
constructive criticism welcome!

I do not have a single clue what I'm doing. You have a problem with that?

Doilky #2 Posted 10 April 2020 - 02:26 AM

(Doh-Key)

• Players
  • 18707 battles
  • [EXTRA]
Driving out sideways in front of unspotted enemy TDs is never a good idea. 

BAR_001 #3 Posted 10 April 2020 - 04:17 AM

Mechanized com poster

• Players
  • 30952 battles
  • [HAHA]
Really bad positioning. All you accomplished from there is to get shot from 2 directions. You would have been much more effective, and better protected helping out your dying teammates to the left.

Edited by BAR_001, 10 April 2020 - 04:24 AM.

RNG doesn't bother hackers.

Smiley913 #4 Posted 10 April 2020 - 04:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17308 battles
  • [FBM2]

It's best to learn where the TD alleys are on each map so you can plan the best way to get where you want/need to go without crossing them like that. Most maps its pretty easy to figure out where a TD will be positioned. Also, because you went the way you did you were completely useless because in addition to not getting any good shots off, your armor also wasn't in a position to draw fire away from your teammates.

One final comment; it's best to fill all three of your equipment slots. You just have one multi-repair kit and nothing else. If you only want to use one equipment slot, there are tiers available that only have one equipment slot unlocked.

Proud Wallet Warrior: Allowing Whiners to Play For Free, One Purchase at a Time :)

Absolute_Sniper #5 Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41707 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Buy consumables and equipment. Learn how to angle. Learn how to read a map.  

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

Kiwi_Kebab #6 Posted 10 April 2020 - 06:27 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5949 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Right out of the gate I see you only have a multi kit and two empty consumable slots; fix that. It doesn't matter what you put there, anything is better than nothing (I use Repair Kit, Multikit, and Adrenaline, but I know some people use Engine Boost instead of Repair Kit).

Are you using equipment? Camo? Provisions? If you're not, get these on your tank. (Generally, I use 2 foods and fuel for provisions. I always have at least a gun rammer or calibrated shells for equipment. Any camo will do).

Map awareness. How often do you look at your minimap? Your minimap will tell you where your team is and where the enemy is; if an enemy is moving on you, know about it and react!

You pushed out sideways to get shots. This is a big no no for pretty much all tanks, but especially in the Maus. When you want to poke your gun out to take shots, you'll want to come out backwards so that youre parallel to the cover in front of you. This hides your front plate on the hull, and increases the effectiveness of your side armor. This is known as "side-scraping" and there are many videos of the maneuver on YouTube. Here's one for you by Bushka: https://youtu.be/cJJxCXBLbug

There were a few times you tried to aim at targets that were distinctly behind a wall. This will happen to the best of us, but knowing when you can and can't hit a target comes down to map knowledge and awareness. 

You sat for too long in the same spot. You needed to either flank to your right and engage the heavy, or head left to brawl with your mediums. Going left, you would cop one from the TD, but you might have suppressed the movement happening there. I would have gone right, though, as soon as I saw the 3 mediums on the left. 

Count who's been spotted. If all 7 have been spotted, then you know where everyone is and can use the knowledge of your enemy's positions to make smarter, informed decisions. 

Keep learning! I love that youre asking for advice. Watch some heavy tutorials, watch a Maüshen review, and watch some random videos just to see in-game decision making. Bushka on Blitz, Sk8xtrm, Meadsy69, Pantouflee, e.t.c e.t.c, basically there's a lot of content out there to watch to help you improve and contribute more to your matches. Plus, I find improvement to be enjoyable in and of itself :3

Good luck!

Mako__Reizei___ #7 Posted 10 April 2020 - 11:56 AM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 7885 battles
  • [ALIAS]

-Drove out sideways to a tank destroyer alley

-Spent too much time lingering on a spot that didn't allow you to put damage in nor take damage away from your team

You could've assisted the T110E4 to your right and held out that flank with the E4 while your teammates clear the reds to the left.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

DerpytrollerZ #8 Posted 10 April 2020 - 02:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9704 battles
  • [RERE]

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 10 April 2020 - 06:27 AM, said:

Right out of the gate I see you only have a multi kit and two empty consumable slots; fix that. It doesn't matter what you put there, anything is better than nothing (I use Repair Kit, Multikit, and Adrenaline, but I know some people use Engine Boost instead of Repair Kit).

Are you using equipment? Camo? Provisions? If you're not, get these on your tank. (Generally, I use 2 foods and fuel for provisions. I always have at least a gun rammer or calibrated shells for equipment. Any camo will do).

Map awareness. How often do you look at your minimap? Your minimap will tell you where your team is and where the enemy is; if an enemy is moving on you, know about it and react!

You pushed out sideways to get shots. This is a big no no for pretty much all tanks, but especially in the Maus. When you want to poke your gun out to take shots, you'll want to come out backwards so that youre parallel to the cover in front of you. This hides your front plate on the hull, and increases the effectiveness of your side armor. This is known as "side-scraping" and there are many videos of the maneuver on YouTube. Here's one for you by Bushka: https://youtu.be/cJJxCXBLbug

There were a few times you tried to aim at targets that were distinctly behind a wall. This will happen to the best of us, but knowing when you can and can't hit a target comes down to map knowledge and awareness. 

You sat for too long in the same spot. You needed to either flank to your right and engage the heavy, or head left to brawl with your mediums. Going left, you would cop one from the TD, but you might have suppressed the movement happening there. I would have gone right, though, as soon as I saw the 3 mediums on the left. 

Count who's been spotted. If all 7 have been spotted, then you know where everyone is and can use the knowledge of your enemy's positions to make smarter, informed decisions. 

Keep learning! I love that youre asking for advice. Watch some heavy tutorials, watch a Maüshen review, and watch some random videos just to see in-game decision making. Bushka on Blitz, Sk8xtrm, Meadsy69, Pantouflee, e.t.c e.t.c, basically there's a lot of content out there to watch to help you improve and contribute more to your matches. Plus, I find improvement to be enjoyable in and of itself :3

Good luck!

This right here includes basically all you need to focus on for that video. Extra emphasis on the positioning part though. The choke point you parked yourself at is a really terrible position for multiple tanks to be sitting at because you give the enemy TDs a clear shot at you when you peek out and you have very few good shots. Pushing far left with your mediums earlier might've put you at risk of lagging behind if the enemy didn't also push that direction, but considering the map, 80% of the times both team end up going in that direction. If you managed to push up with your mediums there, you would've been in a much more impactful area where you could make use of your armor and gun. Meanwhile, in your position in the video, I agree with kiwi in saying that pushing around the right would've given you the best position to flank the enemy team.  

F*** WG am i right?

cheesehead247365 #9 Posted 10 April 2020 - 02:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14606 battles
  • [MORTM]
You didn't use your armor to take hits for your lighter tanks behind you, poor angles, all of the above.  and if you really only have 1000 battles are you are above tier 5, that's the biggest problem. 

____Zer0____ #10 Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37763 battles
  • [CRUEL]
To be honest.  Too many players rush up the tiers without effectively mastering the previous tanks in tiers below.   At your level you should focus on mastering lower tier tanks.    Case in point, if you’re here asking how to improve basic gameplay in a tier 9.  You’re in over your head.  

“ Mm sucks just like u r face. Now Go cry on tissue not here.” ~ raj

JakeBaby #11 Posted 10 April 2020 - 09:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2214 battles
  • [HWTZR]

Thank you guys for responding and helping.

On one note however, although, this is probably stupid and I probably am not at a level of experience to say this but... With what cheesehead said about staying at tier 5-6 for 1000 battles. I feel that this advice is great in WoT, but in blitz, I didn't learn a much about the game at tier 5 and 6. At tier 5, it felt too easy, getting 63% wr. Tier 6 seemingly very hard at on 39% and then tiers 7, 8, and 9 balancing out at 49%. I feel that tier 8 is a good balance for learning gameplay styles. Don't really care if this sparks comments saying im wrong, this is what I felt.

View Post____Zer0____, on 10 April 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

To be honest.  Too many players rush up the tiers without effectively mastering the previous tanks in tiers below.   At your level you should focus on mastering lower tier tanks.    Case in point, if you’re here asking how to improve basic gameplay in a tier 9.  You’re in over your head.  

thank you for responding, however, as nooby as this may sound, Im just playing for fun and to get those beautiful tier x tanks even if I haven't a clue on whatever the heck im doing. And ill play them even if that means driving backwards into the field himmelsdorf

Tanks once again guys :)

Edited by JakeBaby, 10 April 2020 - 09:01 PM.

I do not have a single clue what I'm doing. You have a problem with that?

BAR_001 #12 Posted 10 April 2020 - 09:20 PM

Mechanized com poster

• Players
  • 30952 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostJakeBaby, on 10 April 2020 - 02:00 PM, said:

Thank you guys for responding and helping.

On one note however, although, this is probably stupid and I probably am not at a level of experience to say this but... With what cheesehead said about staying at tier 5-6 for 1000 battles. I feel that this advice is great in WoT, but in blitz, I didn't learn a much about the game at tier 5 and 6. At tier 5, it felt too easy, getting 63% wr. Tier 6 seemingly very hard at on 39% and then tiers 7, 8, and 9 balancing out at 49%. I feel that tier 8 is a good balance for learning gameplay styles. Don't really care if this sparks comments saying im wrong, this is what I felt.

thank you for responding, however, as nooby as this may sound, Im just playing for fun and to get those beautiful tier x tanks even if I haven't a clue on whatever the heck im doing. And ill play them even if that means driving backwards into the field himmelsdorf

Tanks once again guys :)

I commend you for coming here and asking for input. I think that can be just as productive as learning at a lower tier.  :great:

RNG doesn't bother hackers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users