Operation Onslaught

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

_ImUrHuckleberry #81 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:36 AM

I have two guns, one for each of you

• Players
  • 15287 battles

View PostRibbleStripe, on 04 May 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

2 weeks sounds more like classic event. But operation is not event, it encourages regular activity. This is why it lasts longer. 

Ribble, is there something that can de be done about the ratings and platoon missions? I only have time post 11pm PST, almost no one is awake to toon with and ratings is long off by then. 

Texas_Tyrant #82 Posted 07 May 2020 - 01:18 PM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 10923 battles
  • [UTC]

Yes, same for me. I don't have the time for rating battles because of my schedule as well. I tried this time around and got maybe 12 rating battles in since its started. Wasn't fun either. It would be nice if there were different missions instead of "complete 3 missions" which I know I can't do.

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

BlackBeltBlitzer #83 Posted 08 May 2020 - 12:31 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 871 battles

I did not buy the premium pass, so I cannot open the credit and XP vaults. The instructions said that I can open them when the Operation ends. So does that mean I open it on the 28th, the 29th, do I have to open them at a very specific time, will they be available in my garage after, or what? I’m confused. Thanks!

Edit: I reread the instructions and found I can open them from the 29th to June 1st. They will stay in the same spot from those days instead of going into the Garage, correct?

Edited by JesseRSmith11, 08 May 2020 - 04:21 PM.

Stay Strong and Tank On!

A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction and a Wallet Warrior In Training.

RibbleStripe #84 Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:35 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 261 battles
  • [RGN]

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 05 May 2020 - 06:36 AM, said:

Ribble, is there something that can de be done about the ratings and platoon missions? I only have time post 11pm PST, almost no one is awake to toon with and ratings is long off by then. 

Nope, we don't plan anything concerning those missions. They are made to let you grab 4th daily box. In terms of operation they almost don't affect your progress. 

View PostBlackBeltBlitzer, on 08 May 2020 - 03:31 AM, said:

I did not buy the premium pass, so I cannot open the credit and XP vaults. The instructions said that I can open them when the Operation ends. So does that mean I open it on the 28th, the 29th, do I have to open them at a very specific time, will they be available in my garage after, or what? I’m confused. Thanks!

Edit: I reread the instructions and found I can open them from the 29th to June 1st. They will stay in the same spot from those days instead of going into the Garage, correct?

Right, when the operation is done just go to vaults menu and collect your reward. 

LtRaseiniai #85 Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 76443 battles
  • [EWENS]

I'm so impressed by this event.

The rewards have been great.

And it's clear that you don't have to do absolutely every mission to complete it.

Without spending anymore than the $5 I'm going to get a great tank, a pile of gold, a pile of credits, and a pile of free experience.

Very well done Ribble!

Holy_Outlaw #86 Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32860 battles
  • [501DV]
Great event, very well thought out with a lot of great prizes. Very well done WG! 

Meat_Locker #87 Posted 17 May 2020 - 02:42 AM

Large Member

• Players
  • 49466 battles
  • [TOES]

Turns out this is a very good deal although difficult to understand. 

WG could use some better, snappier, and clearer Marketing Copywriters; but that’s about it. Worth it for the gold and camos alone. 

Chariot_Solace #88 Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:42 PM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 51778 battles
  • [_STR8]
Call me crazy but I really enjoy the outdoor scenery in the garage. I wish the garage was outdoors all the time. It’s much nicer to look at.

Garage: 201 Tier Xs: 21 Lines I'm Grinding: 5 Favorite Tank: E75 Top 100 Tanks: 80 Premiums: 75 Aced: 264/269

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Chariot_Solace

CHINA_ELITE #89 Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:18 PM

The Batchat Falls "Proud Sheridan Spammer”

• Players
  • 19979 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostChariot_Solace, on 17 May 2020 - 12:42 PM, said:

Call me crazy but I really enjoy the outdoor scenery in the garage. I wish the garage was outdoors all the time. It’s much nicer to look at.

Facts, I like the 3 musicians in the back lol

BlitzAssassin #90 Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:41 PM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 22899 battles
  • [-CFE-]
K quick question, if I were to buy the pass now (I can complete all stages as I’m at level 27 somehow) would the gold vault stay past the event expiration date u til I fill it completely up? And if not how full do you think I could fill it up? I wasn’t tempted to buy it before because I had no good reason to, but the amount of gold and camos are kinda tempting me. 

Texas_Tyrant #91 Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:19 AM

• Players
  • 10923 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostMeat_Locker, on 16 May 2020 - 08:42 PM, said:

Turns out this is a very good deal although difficult to understand. 

WG could use some better, snappier, and clearer Marketing Copywriters; but that’s about it. Worth it for the gold and camos alone. 

I found it a very simple event.

View PostBlitzAssassin, on 17 May 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

K quick question, if I were to buy the pass now (I can complete all stages as I’m at level 27 somehow) would the gold vault stay past the event expiration date u til I fill it completely up? And if not how full do you think I could fill it up? I wasn’t tempted to buy it before because I had no good reason to, but the amount of gold and camos are kinda tempting me. 

You have 13 levels to complete. You should be able to complete it but you would have to complete two levels a day at minimum. If you bought it today (18th) and completed two levels every single day you would be @ level 40 by the 25th.

Does anyone know if there is a battle pass for June? I really want another event for the month of June

Texas_Tyrant

Popcann #92 Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9592 battles

Ribble, just wondering if the battle pass is going to be a on going  monthly event.  For me, it was a great event, and look forward to more battle pass In the future.

while I’m here, attachments in the battle pass would be sweet, like camo netting hanging off the tank, laundry lines swingin in the breeze, sand bags on the tanks, country flags and such. Prolly more complicated then I would anticipate,  But I think tankers would go for um, know I would.

RibbleStripe #93 Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 261 battles
  • [RGN]

View PostPopcann, on 19 May 2020 - 09:33 PM, said:

Ribble, just wondering if the battle pass is going to be a on going  monthly event.  For me, it was a great event, and look forward to more battle pass In the future.

while I’m here, attachments in the battle pass would be sweet, like camo netting hanging off the tank, laundry lines swingin in the breeze, sand bags on the tanks, country flags and such. Prolly more complicated then I would anticipate,  But I think tankers would go for um, know I would.

We don't plan to run it every month. After onslaught is done we'll analyze some numbers, discuss what we can change and improve. And after that there will be new operations. 

Texas_Tyrant #94 Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:41 AM

• Players
  • 10923 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 25 May 2020 - 02:13 AM, said:

We don't plan to run it every month. After onslaught is done we'll analyze some numbers, discuss what we can change and improve. And after that there will be new operations. 

So no need to save money for next month?

i.e No Operation next month?

shyw #95 Posted 25 May 2020 - 02:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50474 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 25 May 2020 - 08:13 AM, said:

Ribble.....this was one of the best event that WG has put together

Easy to understand, can be accomplished, rewards can be obtained if you wanna grind for it, you pay $5 for additional goals, etc.

KUDO’s to WG

wrecker1968 #96 Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:08 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 51789 battles
  • [HOUSE]

I am usually very negative about your events as of lately, Because they seem to be more about making money Rather than fun.

But with that said, This one was worth the $5.

Good job, I hope we see more operations Like this one.

I will be truly impressed if you guys improve on These operations.

twirlingtowardsfreedom #97 Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34040 battles

View Postshyw, on 25 May 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

Ribble.....this was one of the best event that WG has put together

Easy to understand, can be accomplished, rewards can be obtained if you wanna grind for it, you pay $5 for additional goals, etc.

KUDO’s to WG

I second this Ribble. Great event and well executed by you all.

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 25 May 2020 - 08:41 AM, said:

So no need to save money for next month?

i.e No Operation next month?

Think they are juggling too much with that massive 7.0 update and some anniversary mini events to shoehorn in BP. Better to bring it back during a slow period perhaps?

Texas_Tyrant #98 Posted 25 May 2020 - 09:23 PM

• Players
  • 10923 battles
  • [UTC]

View Posttwirlingtowardsfreedom, on 25 May 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

I second this Ribble. Great event and well executed by you all.

Think they are juggling too much with that massive 7.0 update and some anniversary mini events to shoehorn in BP. Better to bring it back during a slow period perhaps?

What does BP mean?

I dont know about bringing it back when things are slow. Honestly, I dont want it to be too hyped up because I don't want nubs playing all the time bringing the game level down such as around Christmas. I'm not sure though if this brought more nubs though, I cant remember before the event if the player base was worse or not and Operation Onslaught brought more nubs into he game. I remember discussing it being worse actually because of the quarantine, but I dont want a worse player base year round from an event keeping people around all the time:sceptic:

Texas_Tyrant

Vantablack12 #99 Posted 26 May 2020 - 03:53 AM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 14919 battles
  • [K9]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 25 May 2020 - 04:23 PM, said:

What does BP mean?

Pretty sure it means "battle pass". It could also mean "black prince" as in the Matilda and the actually Black Prince heavy, but in this scenario it is probably refering to the battle pass.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Texas_Tyrant #100 Posted 26 May 2020 - 08:20 AM

• Players
  • 10923 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostVantablack12, on 25 May 2020 - 09:53 PM, said:

Pretty sure it means "battle pass". It could also mean "black prince" as in the Matilda and the actually Black Prince heavy, but in this scenario it is probably refering to the battle pass.

Battle pass makes since. The first thing that came to my mind was Black Prince like you said, I knew that didn't make sense though.

Texas_Tyrant

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users