mean is it?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Major_Sweatpants #1 Posted 17 April 2020 - 01:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5872 battles
  • [PANEM]

So lately, I've just seen teams following their own beat. but there should easily be some kinds of strategy in this game! this is a 7v7 MMO tank shooter strategy game. but players, being complete and total dinguses most of the time, apparently have no idea what this 'strategy' thing is. as Obi-Wan Kenobi once said, 

"Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Meat_Locker #2 Posted 17 April 2020 - 01:21 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 51325 battles
  • [TOES]
The King that sends the Pawns out to take the heat.

Kiwi_Kebab #3 Posted 17 April 2020 - 02:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6690 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Was it ever not that way?

If you want more strategy, play ratings.

If you want even more strategy, play tournaments.

cheesehead247365 #4 Posted 17 April 2020 - 03:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14746 battles
  • [TYCHE]
or for real strategy, play literally any other game

_Cletus #5 Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:01 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31343 battles
  • [III-C]
I disagree with all comments.  Pub matches require considerable strategic skill in order to look at what your team of stoned out brain dead basement dwelling window lickers is doing and be able to turn it into a victory, and it gets harder to do every day.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Mr_Qwertyxsad #6 Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12606 battles
  • [TOES]

If you want strategy, go plarooning with someone you flow well with.  Other than that, expect your team to be made of people who are missing thumbs, brain cells, or are lukewarm bowls of tapioca that gained sentience.

I personally have taken a break from WoTB until the Quarenteams have ebbed slightly.  I have other games to play, and recently got a new one for my enjoyment that REQUIRES you to think about what consequences your actions have, and how to remain unspotted when killing.

"If you run out of ammo, load your buddies flask and fire again!"

[TOES] member

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #7 Posted 17 April 2020 - 06:29 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 59084 battles
  • [RNSF]
It plays as a shooter; but tank balance and maps  sprinkle a nice little taste of strategy

#2 TOG pilot (na) (retired)

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.

Texas_Tyrant #8 Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:34 PM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 12111 battles
  • [UTC]

I find there is more strategy at tier X. More intellectuals it seems up there.

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

crpl_hicks #9 Posted 17 April 2020 - 08:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5889 battles
  • [KOP]

Stradegdy..stagedy..straguardy..strategy...However you spell that obsolete word...

strat·e·gy
/ˈstradəjē/
noun
a plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim.
"time to develop a coherent economic strategy"

Short answer...NOPE It sure doesn't seem so.  Even when you get everyone going in one direction(not that it's a good strategy anyways) no-one seems to target the same tanks.  Instead of picking on one or two to remove their gun, it's like a Turkey shoot.

Maybe Strategy means something different to others?

View Post_Cletus, on 17 April 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

I disagree with all comments.  Pub matches require considerable strategic skill in order to look at what your team of stoned out brain dead basement dwelling window lickers is doing and be able to turn it into a victory, and it gets harder to do every day.

Are you talking about those games of "skill" undertaken @ your Local drinking establishments?  Like Pool, Darts, Table Pacman(man those were the days) or Foozeball?  OR are you referring to those players who enjoys a drink or ten while playing this game, just so they can tolerate the completely wastes of space players who seem to play the game using any appendage but their fingers?  Man I need a drink!

Or is Pub some new Slang word the kids are using these days??  Dam kids...Get off my Driveway!

Edited by crpl_hicks, 17 April 2020 - 09:07 PM.

"Looks like a Goddamn town meeting"

_Cletus #10 Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:15 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31343 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 17 April 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

Stradegdy..stagedy..straguardy..strategy...However you spell that obsolete word...

strat·e·gy
/ˈstradəjē/
noun
a plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim.
"time to develop a coherent economic strategy"

Short answer...NOPE It sure doesn't seem so.  Even when you get everyone going in one direction(not that it's a good strategy anyways) no-one seems to target the same tanks.  Instead of picking on one or two to remove their gun, it's like a Turkey shoot.

Maybe Strategy means something different to others?

Are you talking about those games of "skill" undertaken @ your Local drinking establishments?  Like Pool, Darts, Table Pacman(man those were the days) or Foozeball?  OR are you referring to those players who enjoys a drink or ten while playing this game, just so they can tolerate the completely wastes of space players who seem to play the game using any appendage but their fingers?  Man I need a drink!

Or is Pub some new Slang word the kids are using these days??  Dam kids...Get off my Driveway!

I'm a player who enjoys a drink or ten!  I'm saying that to win you need to be able to adapt to what your team is doing.  If your team splits do you go with the meds or the heavies?  You need to look at the lineups, the numbers of heavies and meds, and the map, and then decide which way to go.  And then, while you're fighting and doing more than all the fools who went your way, you need to be paying attention to what's happening on the other side of the map.  Did the enemy team split too?  If not, are the reds decimating the side you're on and you might need to dash to the other side?  Or, can you lure some reds into the fire zone of your TD's and camping sniper heavies?  It takes strategy to win when you're the only guy in the game trying to think about what you're doing.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

crpl_hicks #11 Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5889 battles
  • [KOP]

Cletusmister, the Cleminator...Wow...You expect me to remember all That!?  After a few Glasses???  Yikes?  I guess the question is what's considered the bare minimum in "strategy" to be effective for your team.  I've given up calling a Plan, And I'd like too think that at least if the majority of the team is moving in one direction, at least there are more guns available.  But that can be expecting a lot.  

I'm more a situational awareness player.  Aware of what's going on ver the entire map, what's going on around me(I constantly pan & scan the area easily done on the computer, not sure on a mobile) and lately if i'm getting into a pickle I bail, cause help ain't coming.  But i think being aware of what's going on & what's unfolding are key to surviving or at least getting the win.

I mean...how many games does someone have to play until they get a "feeling" about what's going on?

I guess that's why I get critical of players who have 10,000+ games...they should have been it all and been in it all.

Meat_Locker #12 Posted 18 April 2020 - 01:50 AM

Large Member

• Players
  • 51325 battles
  • [TOES]

Unlearn spotting for dumb-azzzes on team. Use them as hapless & unintentional spotters. 
Start with that strategy. 
Still use your key positions but rushing to them is folly these days. 

Adapt as needed. 

Platoon on Discord with non-mouth-breather. 
Don’t trust Cletus to bring the promised lube. I stopped falling for that one and “Spit is just as good.”

Wisdom. 

Edited by Meat_Locker, 18 April 2020 - 01:52 AM.

crpl_hicks #13 Posted 18 April 2020 - 02:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5889 battles
  • [KOP]

View PostMeat_Locker, on 17 April 2020 - 06:50 PM, said:

Unlearn spotting for dumb-azzzes on team. Use them as hapless & unintentional spotters. 
Start with that strategy. 
Still use your key positions but rushing to them is folly these days. 

Adapt as needed. 

Platoon on Discord with non-mouth-breather. 
Don’t trust Cletus to bring the promised lube. I stopped falling for that one and “Spit is just as good.”

Wisdom. 

If I'm buying what yer selling, Spotting it Overrated, now adays?  Seems like no one really knows what to do with the enemy being spotted??  I've given up on trying to flank the Bad guys, thinking my team will take advantage of the fire being focused on me.  And Scouting??....For get about it.

Texas_Tyrant #14 Posted 18 April 2020 - 11:15 AM

• Players
  • 12111 battles
  • [UTC]

I will spot real fast to encourage the team to go in the direction I want. Most are like bulls, they see red and rush. I try using that to my advantage.

Texas_Tyrant

generalhonks #15 Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7479 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 17 April 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

I find there is more strategy at tier X. More intellectuals it seems up there.

Texas_Tyrant

I really doubt that.

No, I’m not defending German technical superiority, I’m stating the ****ing obvious!

Texas_Tyrant #16 Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:18 AM

• Players
  • 12111 battles
  • [UTC]

View Postgeneralhonks, on 19 May 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

I really doubt that.

I take my quote back. I have played more tier X games recently and find that teams perform better at tier 5 or 6 that at X. I have multiple (3-4) team mates doing 400-500 damage (1 shot). Hell, I do 3x as much at tier 5:izmena:

I've had bad luck at X recently:confused:

Texas_Tyrant

Also tagged with mean, is, it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users