How should I play the T49?

How to play t49 T49

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

BlackBeltBlitzer #21 Posted 26 April 2020 - 09:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 814 battles

Just a question as it seems like there’s a lot of people with lots of experience on here.

Before I move to tier 7, I’m going to get 1000+ battles. Is that a good number? (I will also make sure all my tanks have at least a 50% win rate.)

How many battles should I have before moving up to tier 8?

Stay Strong and Tank On!

A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction and a Wallet Warrior In Training.

Venstar21 #22 Posted 26 April 2020 - 09:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3068 battles
  • [TCBK]
Thx for the advice

Absolute_Sniper #23 Posted 26 April 2020 - 09:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42658 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Postminitel_NA, on 26 April 2020 - 09:03 PM, said:

760 is not a good shot. I got some shots way past the 1000s into the 1200s.

it took me more than playing 1900 battle in low tiers to achieve that anyways.

This is not accurate. You cannot roll over 1000 in the T49 without a fire or ammo rack. Max HE roll is 960 I believe. 

You’re thinking of russian 152’s. Those get up to 1200. American 152’s don’t. Why? Because bias. 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

_Crusader6_ #24 Posted 26 April 2020 - 10:47 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 66679 battles
  • [DEF]
780 is average HE. 
   Back in the days of +/-25% and wonderful (okay broken) module damage 1k plus shots where fairly common.  

Tank Hoarder: 404 tanks in Garage:  418/418 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

minitel_NA #25 Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 26 April 2020 - 09:27 PM, said:

This is not accurate. You cannot roll over 1000 in the T49 without a fire or ammo rack. Max HE roll is 960 I believe. 

You’re thinking of russian 152’s. Those get up to 1200. American 152’s don’t. Why? Because bias. 

what fire? anything wrong with fire ? There is nothing wrong with a good fire.

more importantly, some tanks are 10-20% flammable, if you know where to shoot, and that’s 1 per 5 or 10 shots. Fire should happen every other game at 5 shots per game. In my 996 recent battles, I can tell you there’s been a looooot of fire , Oh boi, oh boi....

Edited by minitel_NA, 26 April 2020 - 11:09 PM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

minitel_NA #26 Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

I went to have a clean calculation because, nerd!

my average shot is 400 dmg. 
compared to the alpha, that’s  failing a good 60% of my shots. (I use splash a lot, not entirely fail but anyways)

I make 1600 dmg per game (Rounded) so I make 4 good shots a game. 

so if that tank catches fire every 10 shots,

and if all those shots are delivered up where I’m thinkng, 

(remember? cause I already eliminated all those that missed to make dmg and agglomerated all those that did some partial dmg — so we only have the one intended there, and the ones I intended some other place and still worked)

Then that’s a fire every 2.5 games. 

but there is better, amx1357 has a 6 shots. Remember a fire every 10 shots ? Some tanks have 50% chances of flaming per clip.

Per clip.

the only issue with that one, is that my playstyle forces me to spray a lot where I can. 
but occasionally if I park near a good immobile prey, or snipe into a camper, I can tell you a fire every other clip is quite close to my experience. 

Edited by minitel_NA, 26 April 2020 - 11:23 PM.

Tackywheat1 #27 Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:25 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 13895 battles
  • [T-T-T]

More than half the tanks at tier 7-9 can be HE penned somewhere by the T49

Americans: ALL of them can be HE penned. Lights, almost anywhere, mediums, rear and sometimes side, heavies, rear and depending on rng maybe front through turret ring and side (love shooting M6s side with HE), TDs, rear and sometimes side.

Germans: Lights virtually anywhere, TDs: Emil (avoid gun mantlet), Jpanther 1/2 rear and maybe side. borsig anywhere, Ferdinand maybe rear through the little hatch. Tiger 2 (pretty sure turret rear hatch can be HE penned), Lowe (maybe turret rear hatch). Don't expect to HE pen german heavies though. Mediums: in the side or rear

Soviets: You can pen most of their tanks in the rear with HE except for some heavies. Same as german heavies, don't expect HE pen.

Brits: REAR REAR REAR, except maybe tort. Don't try conway front turret, that mantlet can bounce 300+ AP.

Japanese: Sides and rear, Love seeing them on red.

Chinese: Generally through the rear armor, although it's possible to pen some of them in the side/frontally. Don't expect HE to pen heavies though.

French: easiest HE targets. Side armor and rear armor of everything except AMX 50 120 (can't pen AMX 50 120 side) can be HE penned. Forgot about FCM 50t (it's so rarely seen). Avoid the FCM like the plague

Euro: No experience facing them (haven't driven my T49 in a while) but from stats alone (and shooting at them in my borsig), side and rear armor can be easily HE penned

Edited by Tackywheat1, 26 April 2020 - 11:27 PM.

GIF by spartacusdiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing. I'm back

Permanent credit deficit

minitel_NA #28 Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostJesseRSmith11, on 26 April 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

Just a question as it seems like there’s a lot of people with lots of experience on here.

Before I move to tier 7, I’m going to get 1000+ battles. Is that a good number? (I will also make sure all my tanks have at least a 50% win rate.)

How many battles should I have before moving up to tier 8?

hy, seem you have 450 posts or I’m missing something ?

to answer your question, there is no good or bad number.
Just play for fun, and learn at your own pace if you want.  

If in some time you like this game and  you feel competitive,

there are lots of areas to push yourself, clans, competitions, stats, number of tanks...

u might pick your own challenges. Those give the best numbers.

Absolute_Sniper #29 Posted 27 April 2020 - 12:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42658 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Postminitel_NA, on 26 April 2020 - 11:07 PM, said:

what fire? anything wrong with fire ? There is nothing wrong with a good fire.

more importantly, some tanks are 10-20% flammable, if you know where to shoot, and that’s 1 per 5 or 10 shots. Fire should happen every other game at 5 shots per game. In my 996 recent battles, I can tell you there’s been a looooot of fire , Oh boi, oh boi....

Oh there is nothing wrong with a good fire. IS-X tanks are my favorite as if you can get a clean hit on the engine deck, it’s almost always a fire. Same with American tanks but the booty is too easy to pen on those ones. 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

Roberto577_One #30 Posted 27 April 2020 - 04:55 AM

Chungus Supreme

• Players
  • 8918 battles

View PostVenstar21, on 26 April 2020 - 01:19 PM, said:

Thx for the advice

You seem like a decent player, but let me tell you, the T49 requires a very high skill level to play well. You need to know how to get behind your enemies without yoloing and getting murdered. If you miss and don't have any team support, you're dead. You have paper thin armor, your frontal armor can resist low caliber HE (I mean very low caliber, like 75. 100 or greater can usually go through if aimed well.) but your rear armor might as well be non-existent. It's SP. I C levels of bad. the 152 mm of pen for the HEAT rounds will bounce off of things that you didn't even know could bounce shots, and the accuracy is terrible, which means you have to get close to your enemies to pen them, which means that they can push you while you're reloading if you don't have support, and they can aim at the spots of your armor that are most vulnerable to HE.

Not a new player friendly tank, I would recommend you get some other light tanks to familiarize yourself with their playstyle before you play the T49 extensively.

Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.

Alopex__ #31 Posted 27 April 2020 - 10:56 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3818 battles
  • [T_W_O]

View PostRoberto577_One, on 27 April 2020 - 04:55 AM, said:

You seem like a decent player, but let me tell you, the T49 requires a very high skill level to play well. You need to know how to get behind your enemies without yoloing and getting murdered. If you miss and don't have any team support, you're dead. You have paper thin armor, your frontal armor can resist low caliber HE (I mean very low caliber, like 75. 100 or greater can usually go through if aimed well.) but your rear armor might as well be non-existent. It's SP. I C levels of bad. the 152 mm of pen for the HEAT rounds will bounce off of things that you didn't even know could bounce shots, and the accuracy is terrible, which means you have to get close to your enemies to pen them, which means that they can push you while you're reloading if you don't have support, and they can aim at the spots of your armor that are most vulnerable to HE.

Not a new player friendly tank, I would recommend you get some other light tanks to familiarize yourself with their playstyle before you play the T49 extensively.

Honestly, I find it easier than most meds in that tier. The vicious gun keeps people from yolociding you more than most other tier 8 meds or lights. As long as you hit grey areas and aim it's zoom in, hit and run. Big alpha rolls mean you can stay in cover longer, and it's fast so it can flex and actually get away, and if all else fails you can splash damage while on the move. It's also very small and can hide behind the smallest cover. Oh and light tank camo. That's why it's so expensive to run, wg can't balance it with out ruining it so they need to make it expensive to run....is that pay to win?

_Crusader6_ #32 Posted 27 April 2020 - 02:33 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 66679 battles
  • [DEF]

Keep in Mind - even a middle of the road splash damage will often do a very decent amount of damage and result in a track or more.  

In the T49, while epic HE is glorious - unless you have a lot of time, it’s nearly always better to simply land a good harassment shot for 400-500 than take a hit yourself while aiming for the perfect hit.   Also tracking a red with HE can land them in a world of hurt being in the open for your team. 

If you have a semblance of team support (I mean as long as they are spotted in a place that can offer cover for you) very few tanks are going to make the effort to push you - as anyone with the speed and DPM to do it, is very vulnerable.  

Tank Hoarder: 404 tanks in Garage:  418/418 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Roberto577_One #33 Posted 27 April 2020 - 10:47 PM

Chungus Supreme

• Players
  • 8918 battles

View PostAlopex__, on 27 April 2020 - 02:56 AM, said:

Honestly, I find it easier than most meds in that tier. The vicious gun keeps people from yolociding you more than most other tier 8 meds or lights. As long as you hit grey areas and aim it's zoom in, hit and run. Big alpha rolls mean you can stay in cover longer, and it's fast so it can flex and actually get away, and if all else fails you can splash damage while on the move. It's also very small and can hide behind the smallest cover. Oh and light tank camo. That's why it's so expensive to run, wg can't balance it with out ruining it so they need to make it expensive to run....is that pay to win?

True, but the aim time is so bad that if you aim in to guarantee a pen, they will most likely be able to hit you back while you do so. And if you miss, then they yolo you and you don't have enough HP to survive any decent medium yoloing you, even Tier 7 mediums can 1v1 you easily.

Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.

dport02 #34 Posted 28 April 2020 - 02:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32770 battles
  • [-FE4R]
Pray to RNG that it will be with you. If it isn’t, then the tank sucks
RNG is rigged !

minitel_NA #35 Posted 28 April 2020 - 10:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 26 April 2020 - 09:27 PM, said:

i know you know... but just for the beauty of the argument, and for the internet to bear witness forever :

here is me passing 1200 just a few minutes ago
of course there was a fire, of course it was fun.

i couldn’t  ram him that time, would have been fun as well but he was up the hill in a dead end, it wouldn’t have been effective. 
plus in “dead end” u can hear dead, and that part got me scared and running away.

Edited by minitel_NA, 28 April 2020 - 10:31 AM.

minitel_NA #36 Posted 28 April 2020 - 10:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

sorry I’m re-posting it ,

half of the reason is bragging and the need for reckognitionnthat my dad didn’t provide me as a kid,

and half is the anxiety that it could have made 1199 dmg and that would have been very lame when I said 1200 was possible.

In that context 1201 is so much more satisfying than 1199.

i hope I can be forgiven that feeling of totally guiltless self satisfaction,

Alopex__ #37 Posted 28 April 2020 - 12:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3818 battles
  • [T_W_O]

View PostRoberto577_One, on 27 April 2020 - 10:47 PM, said:

True, but the aim time is so bad that if you aim in to guarantee a pen, they will most likely be able to hit you back while you do so. And if you miss, then they yolo you and you don't have enough HP to survive any decent medium yoloing you, even Tier 7 mediums can 1v1 you easily.

That's why if you are alone you stay far enough away that you can get away. If you gotta zoom in close for a kill shot make sure you have an exit strategy. And  never brawl 1vs 1 in t49. In fact I avoid it as much as possible unless I'm in something like a t54 or a heavy with good hull.

Venstar21 #38 Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3068 battles
  • [TCBK]

View PostTackywheat1, on 26 April 2020 - 11:25 PM, said:

More than half the tanks at tier 7-9 can be HE penned somewhere by the T49

Americans: ALL of them can be HE penned. Lights, almost anywhere, mediums, rear and sometimes side, heavies, rear and depending on rng maybe front through turret ring and side (love shooting M6s side with HE), TDs, rear and sometimes side.

Germans: Lights virtually anywhere, TDs: Emil (avoid gun mantlet), Jpanther 1/2 rear and maybe side. borsig anywhere, Ferdinand maybe rear through the little hatch. Tiger 2 (pretty sure turret rear hatch can be HE penned), Lowe (maybe turret rear hatch). Don't expect to HE pen german heavies though. Mediums: in the side or rear

Soviets: You can pen most of their tanks in the rear with HE except for some heavies. Same as german heavies, don't expect HE pen.

Brits: REAR REAR REAR, except maybe tort. Don't try conway front turret, that mantlet can bounce 300+ AP.

Japanese: Sides and rear, Love seeing them on red.

Chinese: Generally through the rear armor, although it's possible to pen some of them in the side/frontally. Don't expect HE to pen heavies though.

French: easiest HE targets. Side armor and rear armor of everything except AMX 50 120 (can't pen AMX 50 120 side) can be HE penned. Forgot about FCM 50t (it's so rarely seen). Avoid the FCM like the plague

Euro: No experience facing them (haven't driven my T49 in a while) but from stats alone (and shooting at them in my borsig), side and rear armor can be easily HE penned

I have the FCM 50 t. Good to know thx.

Boomer625 #39 Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:39 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14541 battles
  • [MARDR]

T49 only has heat. This means that tracks on the side of most tanks are your enemy #1 as they absorbed He and Heat like nothing. I usually find an isolated heavy run around it, slap it in the rear with HEAT or in american heavies HE and run Or long ranged shots on sniping tds

better made sure that the HE is used only for emergencies or american heavies, its 4000 dollars a piece

Edited by Boomer625, 13 May 2020 - 02:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users