PC and game controller not working anymore

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

M48A3_Gunner #1 Posted 29 April 2020 - 02:10 PM

Private

• Players
  • 8020 battles
  • [F-W]
I use my desktop PC and a gaming controller to play. I'm unable to play on touchscreen because I'm 70 years old and my hands don't allow me to play well. It worked fine till this latest update. Now when I start a game it's like the screen is in touchscreen mode and the I can't activate ammo or any boosters. I can't get tracking. When I ask about this, WoTB just says we don't support that and basically too bad for you. If you allow your game to be used on a device then you should provide support for the controller too. So now I probably have to fine some kind of hack to get the thing to work or just say F it and not play anymore. I spend money on this game all the time wth!! I'm really pissed off!! This is age discrimination. 

Major_Sweatpants #2 Posted 29 April 2020 - 02:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5872 battles
  • [PANEM]

View PostM48A3_Gunner, on 29 April 2020 - 09:10 AM, said:

This is age discrimination. 

erm... ok?? you arent the only person this happened to, the forums have been PLAGUED with people wondering why their PC isnt working. either get some technical help by spamming WG with tickets, calling them, or just "say F it and not play anymore.".

(sorry for any rudeness, just saying this question has been asked before.)

Edited by Major_Sweatpants, 29 April 2020 - 02:23 PM.

RonaldusMaximus_ #3 Posted 29 April 2020 - 02:47 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 15613 battles
  • [III-C]

I use my desktop PC and a gaming controller to play. I'm unable to play on touchscreen because I'm 70 years old and my hands don't allow me to play well. It worked fine till this latest update. Now when I start a game it's like the screen is in touchscreen mode and the I can't activate ammo or any boosters. I can't get tracking. When I ask about this, WoTB just says we don't support that and basically too bad for you. If you allow your game to be used on a device then you should provide support for the controller too. So now I probably have to fine some kind of hack to get the thing to work or just say F it and not play anymore. I spend money on this game all the time wth!! I'm really pissed off!! This is age discrimination. 

Go to your settings, and toggle "Control Mode" from touch to keyboard. This happens every update.

FlyEaglesFly9 #4 Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:45 PM

Private

• Players
  • 14097 battles

I used to toggle from touch to keyboard but that option is no longer there it's only set for touch as if I was using android or ipad

acrisis #5 Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20994 battles
  • [III-C]

... If you allow your game to be used on a device then you should provide support for the controller too. So now I probably have to fine some kind of hack to get the thing to work or just say F it and not play anymore. I spend money on this game all the time wth!! I'm really pissed off!! This is age discrimination. 

Except game controllers have never been directly endorsed or supported outside of console!  Just because it works - somehow or another - does not inherently mean that WG has to endorse it and support it.

On the contrary. Many would consider using a controller an unfair advantage over the bulk of players playing with just two thumbs. 

And as far as AGE DISCRIMINATION? 

L O L ! I am sorry, but that makes you sound like an entitled gen Z.  I don't recall hearing any of the old guys, across a few of the common clans, actively playing with a controller. It may have been explored at one time or another, a couple hits on the forum, that's it.  Most play on a tablet. Few play on laptop or desktop.

So, here's what you do. Stay calm. Politely reply to the ticket, explaining how you used to play the game and if - IF - your setup was broken by the current update, then politely point that out again. Asking for that to be relayed to the development team, and fixed in a bugfix update or the next patch. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

00Teddy #6 Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:34 AM

Private

• Players
  • 35749 battles
  • [_DARK]
My PS4 controller does not work any more while connected to the PC via a usb cable as well, have had no problems in the past play that way. i plug in the ps4 controller and wotb shuts down. Game runs and plays fine via key board and mouse. Also i was using joytokey app. o7

00Teddy #7 Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:49 AM

Private

• Players
  • 35749 battles
  • [_DARK]
Update reset the controler and the game pc ... long story short it is all working again. o7

Geewizz3 #8 Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22094 battles
  • [FAST7]
Playing this game without a controller just isn’t fun. I’ve tried to learn using touch, but I just don’t enjoy the game. If they don’t return Controllers support I feel people will just move on.

YES to +1,-1 MM. The game is more fun with PMM on every tank.

High tiered tanks, E100,IS4,E-75,ST-1 and T-54.

Vaxhacker #9 Posted 17 August 2020 - 03:44 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2471 battles
  • [SWATZ]

I think the Dutch are blocking game controllers on a fairness basis. They seem to be doing this for both iOS/iPadOS and MacOS, which both have controller support. The DualShock 4 I bought to work around control issues (iPadOS: movement controller sometimes ignores my thumb, MacOS I seem to miss keys with my pinkie PLUS I'm playing with the trackpad with no space on my desk for a mouse to move)

At least on my iPad in Blitz I don't see an option under controls to go to Keyboard and Mouse, although it doesn't really make sense to do it even with my attached keyboard but lack of a rodent…

For whatever-tops game controller key remapping software may be a useful hack on their nerfing game controllers.

Finally, the discrimination you probably want to raise is disability. You raise age and they want to kill you off (a.k.a. euthanasia).

At least the DualShock 4 seems to work as it should, unlike the 8bit thing I picked up which seems to make sure it won't be seen to Bluetooth pair with my iOS devices, and the SteelSeries Nimbus+ whose utility software wouldn't see it when the OS would show it connected.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users