Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, ... demystified using PingPlotter. What is it, How to, FAQ, Q&A ...

lag packet loss pinplotter how to mystery ghost shells got lag chicago telia cogento

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Firewing_Nitehawk #41 Posted 09 December 2020 - 09:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12106 battles
  • [INDEP]

Yippee,

Now I can’t even log in! I guess I will try one more time in the latter evening.

I guess I will login into Youtube and watch Drew Peacock roast people and their cars.

Oh, my apologies...everyone, their families and fellow players be safe during this Covid - 19 nonsense 

_Crusader6_ #42 Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:59 PM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 72567 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View Postironconch25, on 01 December 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

Been getting ghost shots and lag with 40-50 ping. Just got dropped in a game where I had no control over the tank. Ping was still 40-50.

https://imgur.com/gallery/HLHHvFa

Looked to see what server I was on, and saw it was C2. I’ve tried to change servers by logging on and off, but no luck. I’m stuck on C2. Two different times I’ve attempted to change servers, each time at least 15-20 times, but to no avail.

That occurs when the signal is totally lost -- the game client doesn't have new data so it just tells you the previous ping. 

Whenever my kids reboot the router that happens to me -- I'm playing fine with 38 ping - then I either sail under an object or do donuts etc, but my ping is still a wonderful 38 or something...

Tank Hoarder: 429 tanks in Garage:  440/440 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

ironconch25 #43 Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:15 PM

Water Closet Warrior

• Players
  • 74945 battles
  • [-VWV-]

Thanks Cru

I eventually sent in a ticket, since I was not able to connect to a different server. They said it picks the best server for you to play on (most playable server for you). They said to talk with your ISP about the dropped packets. Typically it is Tcore or Telia that has the issues at the major hubs (Chicago, San Jose, Denver, etc) from the Northwest, so dead end.

Used Ping plotter and C2 was better than C0. I could not connect to C1.

Has anyone been playing on 5G? Are you using a 5G device? Curious to see if it is better than WiFi.

_Crusader6_ #44 Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:35 PM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 72567 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View Postironconch25, on 14 January 2021 - 06:15 PM, said:

Thanks Cru

I eventually sent in a ticket, since I was not able to connect to a different server. They said it picks the best server for you to play on (most playable server for you). They said to talk with your ISP about the dropped packets. Typically it is Tcore or Telia that has the issues at the major hubs (Chicago, San Jose, Denver, etc) from the Northwest, so dead end.

Used Ping plotter and C2 was better than C0. I could not connect to C1.

Has anyone been playing on 5G? Are you using a 5G device? Curious to see if it is better than WiFi.

Some times I play on 5G - my Wifi is better for Ping - until Telia or TCore decide to "assist" me.

5G my ping on 5G is around 75-120 while my ping on WiFi is 35-55, so I opt for Wifi unless it gets screwy.

Tank Hoarder: 429 tanks in Garage:  440/440 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users