Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, ... demystified using PingPlotter. What is it, How to, FAQ, Q&A ...

lag packet loss pinplotter how to mystery ghost shells got lag chicago telia cogento

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Firewing_Nitehawk #41 Posted 09 December 2020 - 09:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12106 battles
  • [INDEP]

Yippee,

Now I can’t even log in! I guess I will try one more time in the latter evening.

I guess I will login into Youtube and watch Drew Peacock roast people and their cars.

Oh, my apologies...everyone, their families and fellow players be safe during this Covid - 19 nonsense 

_Crusader6_ #42 Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:59 PM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 74467 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View Postironconch25, on 01 December 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

Been getting ghost shots and lag with 40-50 ping. Just got dropped in a game where I had no control over the tank. Ping was still 40-50.

https://imgur.com/gallery/HLHHvFa

Looked to see what server I was on, and saw it was C2. I’ve tried to change servers by logging on and off, but no luck. I’m stuck on C2. Two different times I’ve attempted to change servers, each time at least 15-20 times, but to no avail.

That occurs when the signal is totally lost -- the game client doesn't have new data so it just tells you the previous ping. 

Whenever my kids reboot the router that happens to me -- I'm playing fine with 38 ping - then I either sail under an object or do donuts etc, but my ping is still a wonderful 38 or something...

I hate Annihilator spammers...  

Tank Hoarder: 436 tanks in Garage:  449/451 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

ironconch25 #43 Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:15 PM

Water Closet Warrior

• Players
  • 76571 battles
  • [-VWV-]

Thanks Cru

I eventually sent in a ticket, since I was not able to connect to a different server. They said it picks the best server for you to play on (most playable server for you). They said to talk with your ISP about the dropped packets. Typically it is Tcore or Telia that has the issues at the major hubs (Chicago, San Jose, Denver, etc) from the Northwest, so dead end.

Used Ping plotter and C2 was better than C0. I could not connect to C1.

Has anyone been playing on 5G? Are you using a 5G device? Curious to see if it is better than WiFi.

_Crusader6_ #44 Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:35 PM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 74467 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View Postironconch25, on 14 January 2021 - 06:15 PM, said:

Thanks Cru

I eventually sent in a ticket, since I was not able to connect to a different server. They said it picks the best server for you to play on (most playable server for you). They said to talk with your ISP about the dropped packets. Typically it is Tcore or Telia that has the issues at the major hubs (Chicago, San Jose, Denver, etc) from the Northwest, so dead end.

Used Ping plotter and C2 was better than C0. I could not connect to C1.

Has anyone been playing on 5G? Are you using a 5G device? Curious to see if it is better than WiFi.

Some times I play on 5G - my Wifi is better for Ping - until Telia or TCore decide to "assist" me.

5G my ping on 5G is around 75-120 while my ping on WiFi is 35-55, so I opt for Wifi unless it gets screwy.

I hate Annihilator spammers...  

Tank Hoarder: 436 tanks in Garage:  449/451 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

CommanderSean_2014 #45 Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:48 PM

Yukari Ma Best Waifu

• Players
  • 17776 battles
  • [COD]
I hate it when it kicks u from the server

A   Proud        

Taiwanese     

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

Firewing_Nitehawk #46 Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12106 battles
  • [INDEP]
When I have played, I would logon to the NA, European and Russian servers based on “ people’s sleep time”, simply because of the silliness of the above thread title.

My host base server is the NA Server

Here were my login and exit times on the WOT Blitz various severs:

European Server: 2100-2300 EST
NA Server: 2300 - 0100 EST
Russian Server: 0200 - until I’m crossed eyed and yawning, despite drinking something with caffeine in it, until 0330. EST

Just a thought

Firewing

Bellatormonk #47 Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:08 AM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 35552 battles
  • [D2TH]

I had horrible spikes today.  Tank rolling forward nonstop when peeking to fire...had to give up playing for the day.

https://imgur.com/a/sNaWOIp

acrisis #48 Posted 26 February 2021 - 06:23 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21331 battles
  • [III-S]

Line three is right near you. 

My line 3 is on the other side of town.  I have road runner / time warner cable - now spectrum and the equipment in the next town over, across the river, before leaving the area, " burps " every sixty seconds or so. Fortunately it is usually just for a second or two and does not seem to cause a lot of issues gaming wise. At least not in blitz. 

You could try calling your ISP, but be prepared for that to take a fair bit of time and a total waste of time when I have done it; because you're dealing with outsourcing and then just level 1 and 2 support that wants to reset your equipment and send a technician to your house.  Sadly enough. With my prior ISP - just in state - I could actually get stuff like this looked at over the phone by level 2 and engineering. Not so with the mega-corps.  Resetting my equipment in a multi-story house with the ISP box in a corner of the basement is a pita. Have to take an old laptop with ethernet, sigh ... 

Anyway. Hoping it resolves itself, maybe they were working on the line down the street. If not. Time for a call. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

Bellatormonk #49 Posted 26 February 2021 - 06:40 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 35552 battles
  • [D2TH]
Yah I'm not blaming WG for this period of time.  This has been going on for days now and it seems to have occurred right after the Texas Ice Age week.  Spectrum was out for most of that week and I would guess some things are not back to 100%.  You are 100% correct calling someone at the ISP will result in 0 help and progress.  I work for a Telecom..so I know how these things go.  "What's that Bob?  Guy says he has a crappy connection to a mobile tank game at one of our hubs?  Yah I will get right on that after I finish my Thesis on World Domination by Lemmings."  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users