Consumables

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Maj_Kuturkakov #1 Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:03 AM

Private

• Players
  • 12075 battles
  • [FMK]

Can someone explain the steps to follow to activate consumables during battle?  For example, I get hit by a round and my crew health is damaged, how do I activate the first aid consumable to restore it?

I've looked at the CONTROLS screen and see all the options, but when I press 4 let's say during a battle and I can't tell if the consumable as been applied.  Is there a video that shows how to do this correctly?  

Kiwi_Kebab #2 Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6699 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

I'll assume you're on PC. Consumables will activate when you have a consumable equipped, you have satisfied the required conditions for their activation, and you press their associated key (on PC, this will be keys 4 - 6 by default). Only one consumable activates automatically: the automatic fire extinguisher, which activates when you're on fire.

The consumables that require crew/module damage are the Repair Kit, Medkit, and Multikit, which can't be used unless you take module damage, crew damage, or either or fire respectively. You'll know it's been activated because it's icon on the right will darken and have a timer superimposed upon it, and your module/crew damage will go away from the bottom of the screen. 

There are also active consumables (Adrenaline, Engine Boost, etc.) that can be used without any prior condition, last for 15 seconds, and have a cooldown timer after being used.

You buy and equip consumables to individual tanks in the garage; its one of the selections in the row at the bottom, along with other helpful items like provisions, camo, and equipment.

Edited by Kiwi_Kebab, 30 April 2020 - 03:07 AM.

R3l0ading #3 Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2441 battles
  • [MAHOU]

Usually when you use the consumables they all make a special sound, I know its not very helpful but run around in training rooms and jump off a couple cliffs,then repair. Listen and you'll hear an a special sound that indicates that specific consumable was used. Learn the sound and it becomes second nature. Once you get shot and hear the commander say something along the lines with your engine and ammo rack involved you instinctively press the repair kit.

My advice to you is to layout the consumables the same way in every tank.

My layout is basically like:

T28 Defender - Multi Kit

Repair Kit

Speed boost

50B                 - Multi Kit

Automatic F.E

Speed boost

Löwe            - Multi Kit

Adrenaline

Speed boost

As you can see I fit the multi kit in the same slot and the Speed boost in the same slot. The second slot is usually a free slot that I switch around consumables in depending on the same slot.

That way I don't have to look at my consumables to press them

Edited by R3l0ading, 30 April 2020 - 11:16 PM.

Maj_Kuturkakov #4 Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:33 PM

Private

• Players
  • 12075 battles
  • [FMK]

Thanks for responding, Kiwi, and yes I'm playing on a PC.  I had some other questions.  I'm currently playing in level III/IV battles and I have a choice between using two types of armor-piercing shells.  On the CONTROLS screen, it says press 1 for SHELL 1, press 2 for SHELL 2.  When I do this during a battle and the game doesn't confirm which shell is loaded.  Is it supposed to?

Also, is there a video that walks beginner's through learning everything, the use of all of the controls?  Against level 4 competition, I get blown away quickly even if its just one tank firing at me.  Three or four shots and I'm destroyed despite upgrading to greater speed, armament, damage.  80 is my damage level on Pz III which pretty low.     

Maj_Kuturkakov #5 Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:35 PM

Private

• Players
  • 12075 battles
  • [FMK]
Thanks also to you R310ading for your feedback and suggestions.  I try those things. 

Also tagged with Consumables

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users