Let us make the minimap larger on PC

PC minimap size quality of life

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

foxape #1 Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13850 battles
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I would love to be able to make my minimap twice the size of what it can go to now. With the current size of it sometimes I really have to look to see where teammates and enemies are rather than just glance it. This is just a minor complaint but would be a great QoL update nonetheless.

_ImUrHuckleberry #2 Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:04 AM

I have two guns, one for each of you

• Players
  • 15287 battles

Settings>HUD>Mini Map Size> 1X,2X,3X. It seems more than enough for me.

saHnoVj.png

dul9imm.png

VelociTanker #3 Posted 03 May 2020 - 11:09 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15848 battles
  • [III-P]

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 02 May 2020 - 07:04 AM, said:

Settings>HUD>Mini Map Size> 1X,2X,3X. It seems more than enough for me.

You youngins and your gud vision. We need 4X.

Bias Much? KV-1 blocks 5,525 damage / 6 kills  / T34-1 2809 dmg Kolobanov replay on Mines

5.5 aka "The Great Nerfening" © VelociTanker LLC

_Crusader6_ #4 Posted 03 May 2020 - 05:03 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 66860 battles
  • [DEF]
Yes clearly PC needs yet more advancements :facepalm:

Tank Hoarder: 404 tanks in Garage:  420/420 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

tankist22 #5 Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 49586 battles
  • [MSTRY]

It is true in my case - on iMac 27" - taking a look into the map takes my eyes away from the main part of the screen - 100%.

Moving it a bit to the right?

Edited by tankist22, 03 May 2020 - 06:48 PM.

swampydoodle #6 Posted 03 May 2020 - 10:54 PM

Stellar Gameplay Fueled by Tequila

• Players
  • 23579 battles
  • [FUSAG]

View Posttankist22, on 03 May 2020 - 10:46 AM, said:

It is true in my case - on iMac 27" - taking a look into the map takes my eyes away from the main part of the screen - 100%.

Moving it a bit to the right?

I would love to see the map up on top of the screen. I find it hard to look down there.

tankist22 #7 Posted 03 May 2020 - 11:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 49586 battles
  • [MSTRY]
Then please give us a choice of positioning the map!

DanAnsomeHansome #8 Posted 04 May 2020 - 12:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39719 battles
Yea because pc doesn’t already have enough of an advantage. It’s a Mobil game, not a Pc game. 

Edited by DanAnsomeHansome, 04 May 2020 - 12:35 AM.

tanker070 #9 Posted 04 May 2020 - 12:37 AM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 59118 battles
  • [SKXLL]

i always wanted to move the map in mid.  never used the chat function now anyways.  Also, let touch manipulate minimap size too (just like on Pubgm)

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

EL_Din_46 #10 Posted 04 May 2020 - 12:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9164 battles

View PostDanAnsomeHansome, on 03 May 2020 - 04:34 PM, said:

Yea because pc doesn’t already have enough of an advantage. It’s a Mobil game, not a Pc game. 

If I can play it on a pc then it’s a pc game as well.

Allowing pc players to have a larger minimap would result in a map that is closer to the same proportion of the screen. It would also make it more likely that most pc players could actually see and use the minimap.  The downside of a larger map or repositioning the map would be that a greater proportion or a more useful part of their larger screen would be obscured. This would be leveling the playing field.

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

_ImUrHuckleberry #11 Posted 04 May 2020 - 01:44 AM

• Players
  • 15287 battles

View Post__Crusader6__, on 03 May 2020 - 09:03 AM, said:

Yes clearly PC needs yet more advancements :facepalm:

You know, for all the talk of the OPness, why haven't you switched to PC more often? No excuses from traveling during this shutdown, so...

You're a knowledgeable player but all too often you get a bit stubborn (or lazy) about things and don't bother to look at all the facts. The KBM debate has long been played out, do we need to revisit that? The pros and cons are clearly subjective and not enough to make most players switch platforms, so let's not be prejudiced against players who were sold on the windows version by WG. 

View PostDanAnsomeHansome, on 03 May 2020 - 04:34 PM, said:

Pretty sure it's both. Circa 2014 you would have a point, but since WG decided to promote this game on windows, i'd have to argue against it. But since you brought it up, why haven't you switched up also? All that OPness a KBM alway.

Or could it be that the hassle of transitioning platforms is not worth the perceived benefits. You know, you'd have to aim for weak spots instead of getting autolock to that cupola from 300m away. You folks are barking up the wrong tree.

swampydoodle #12 Posted 04 May 2020 - 02:12 AM

Stellar Gameplay Fueled by Tequila

• Players
  • 23579 battles
  • [FUSAG]

View Posttanker070, on 03 May 2020 - 04:37 PM, said:

i always wanted to move the map in mid.  never used the chat function now anyways.  Also, let touch manipulate minimap size too (just like on P

I agree... All I want is to have the mini map in a position where I can use it easily. I just want it in the same spot is for the mobile folks. Trust me I will not take anyone's place in the Twister Cup with my huge advantage... I play on a laptop.  

tankeatingtiger #13 Posted 04 May 2020 - 02:29 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 25343 battles
  • [DETH]

Somewhat related question, why are all the big tourneys and stuff touch only?  

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Absolute_Sniper #14 Posted 04 May 2020 - 03:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43124 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 04 May 2020 - 02:29 AM, said:

Somewhat related question, why are all the big tourneys and stuff touch only?  

Just my guess but I’d say it has more to do with keeping pc esports focused around WoT and blitz mobile focused. 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

DanAnsomeHansome #15 Posted 04 May 2020 - 02:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39719 battles

View PostEL_Din_46, on 04 May 2020 - 12:50 AM, said:

If I can play it on a pc then it’s a pc game as well.

Allowing pc players to have a larger minimap would result in a map that is closer to the same proportion of the screen. It would also make it more likely that most pc players could actually see and use the minimap.  The downside of a larger map or repositioning the map would be that a greater proportion or a more useful part of their larger screen would be obscured. This would be leveling the playing field.

no. This is clearly a Mobil version of the pc game “world of tanks”. It even says it in the title, there are clear advantages pc players have and IMHO pc player stats are always at least a little padded bc if it.

_Cletus #16 Posted 04 May 2020 - 03:14 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 29197 battles
  • [III-P]

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 03 May 2020 - 07:44 PM, said:

You know, for all the talk of the OPness, why haven't you switched to PC more often? No excuses from traveling during this shutdown, so...

You're a knowledgeable player but all too often you get a bit stubborn (or lazy) about things and don't bother to look at all the facts. The KBM debate has long been played out, do we need to revisit that? The pros and cons are clearly subjective and not enough to make most players switch platforms, so let's not be prejudiced against players who were sold on the windows version by WG. 

Pretty sure it's both. Circa 2014 you would have a point, but since WG decided to promote this game on windows, i'd have to argue against it. But since you brought it up, why haven't you switched up also? All that OPness a KBM alway.

Or could it be that the hassle of transitioning platforms is not worth the perceived benefits. You know, you'd have to aim for weak spots instead of getting autolock to that cupola from 300m away. You folks are barking up the wrong tree.

Whatever, everybody knows PC is better.  Sure, it's available on windows, but it's the best mobile game available.  When a PC player is circling a touch player, the difference is night and day.  This is why serious tournaments are touch only.  

Not everybody can play PC.  I don't have good wifi at home, it's simply not available where I live.  I keep same control mode on, and it makes a huge difference in every stat, because KBM is just easier than touch.

So it's not the supposed "hassle" of transitioning platforms.  Was PC the original platform for anybody?  This thing was intended to be a mobile game, you really should try not to look down your nose at mobile players, some people just want to play a game on their phone.

_ImUrHuckleberry #17 Posted 04 May 2020 - 03:45 PM

• Players
  • 15287 battles

View Post_Cletus, on 04 May 2020 - 07:14 AM, said:

Whatever, everybody knows PC is better.  Sure, it's available on windows, but it's the best mobile game available.  When a PC player is circling a touch player, the difference is night and day.  This is why serious tournaments are touch only.  

Not everybody can play PC.  I don't have good wifi at home, it's simply not available where I live.  I keep same control mode on, and it makes a huge difference in every stat, because KBM is just easier than touch.

So it's not the supposed "hassle" of transitioning platforms.  Was PC the original platform for anybody?  This thing was intended to be a mobile game, you really should try not to look down your nose at mobile players, some people just want to play a game on their phone.

Sounds like your wifi situation is a you problem. For the majority of players, perfectly sound 100 Mbps speeds are ubiquitous across the country. And worse case scenario they can choose same control mode, voila. Oh, and that [edited]about kbm circling touch players is again, a you problem. The vast majority of Super Unis are, and always will be touch players.

99.9% of the records are done under touch. That being said, what of what i typed is even remotely close to me looking down my nose at mobile players? The platform issue is over-blown, you dichotomize your game-play between the two, and your stats will be roughly around the same. You're awfully sensitize this morning, bad weekend?

ShootinSabot #18 Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:23 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 22984 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postfoxape, on 01 May 2020 - 11:48 PM, said:

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I would love to be able to make my minimap twice the size of what it can go to now. With the current size of it sometimes I really have to look to see where teammates and enemies are rather than just glance it. This is just a minor complaint but would be a great QoL update nonetheless.

When I run the game very occasionally on my 27" iMac, I drop the native resolution way down, the equivalent of 1600 x 900 vs 2560 x 1440. The game still looks good but the mini map is a usable size for these bifocal wearing eyes.

Part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

_Cletus #19 Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:41 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 29197 battles
  • [III-P]

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 04 May 2020 - 09:45 AM, said:

Sounds like your wifi situation is a you problem. For the majority of players, perfectly sound 100 Mbps speeds are ubiquitous across the country. And worse case scenario they can choose same control mode, voila. Oh, and that [edited]about kbm circling touch players is again, a you problem. The vast majority of Super Unis are, and always will be touch players.

99.9% of the records are done under touch. That being said, what of what i typed is even remotely close to me looking down my nose at mobile players? The platform issue is over-blown, you dichotomize your game-play between the two, and your stats will be roughly around the same. You're awfully sensitize this morning, bad weekend?

My wifi situation is a me problem, but I bet a lot of people have myriad reasons not to play on PC, a lot of people have "me" problems.  I don't know that the vast majority of super unis are touch players, how would you know that?  I know that the vast majority of good players I know play on KBM.  And if I had good wifi, I probably wouldn't be a KBM player anyway.  My kids use the PC, they are not old enough to have their own phone, it wouldn't work out anyway.  Do you think I'm the only one in that situation?

I don't think I'm extra sensitive this morning, read your own post.  You act like everybody's staying home and has fast wifi, but there are plenty of people who are still working and have crappy wifi.  When my kids grow up, and I retire on a beach with sweet wifi, and I can buy PC's just for gaming, I'll absolutely switch to the platform that makes Blitz easier for the majority of players.  

Absolute_Sniper #20 Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43124 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 04 May 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

Poor example with the super uni comparison. The best players play on mobile because it’s the only platform allowed for the highest level competitive scene. If it were an option to play on pc, I’d be surprised if it didn’t balance out more. 

Having said that, how do you know what platform most super unis play on? To my knowledge there isn’t an easy way to tell that by looking at stats.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users