PC minimap size quality of life

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Duckmaster1303 #21 Posted 04 May 2020 - 05:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15602 battles

View PostDanAnsomeHansome, on 04 May 2020 - 02:51 PM, said:

no. This is clearly a Mobil version of the pc game “world of tanks”. It even says it in the title, there are clear advantages pc players have and IMHO pc player stats are always at least a little padded bc if it.

It never calls it a mobile game in the game description or the title, PC players have just as much right to the game as mobile players.

_ImUrHuckleberry #22 Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:31 AM

I have two guns, one for each of you

• Players
  • 15287 battles

View Post_Cletus, on 04 May 2020 - 08:41 AM, said:

My wifi situation is a me problem, but I bet a lot of people have myriad reasons not to play on PC, a lot of people have "me" problems.  I don't know that the vast majority of super unis are touch players, how would you know that?  I know that the vast majority of good players I know play on KBM.  And if I had good wifi, I probably wouldn't be a KBM player anyway.  My kids use the PC, they are not old enough to have their own phone, it wouldn't work out anyway.  Do you think I'm the only one in that situation?

I don't think I'm extra sensitive this morning, read your own post.  You act like everybody's staying home and has fast wifi, but there are plenty of people who are still working and have crappy wifi.  When my kids grow up, and I retire on a beach with sweet wifi, and I can buy PC's just for gaming, I'll absolutely switch to the platform that makes Blitz easier for the majority of players.  

You mean like the myriad of reasons not to play on mobile. BTW, is mobile even an apt term considering there's tablets the same size as my laptop screen. You're standing up to PC players like you're the sole protector against a wave of smearing and bashing. It's actually quite the opposite if we're being frank.

And no, my rebuttal was to those that won't even let a quality of life post for PC players go without some rabid segregationists shouting us out of public discord. To that i say, eff off. You're entitled to your own opinions, but don't derail a legitimate thread out of your own insecurities.

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 04 May 2020 - 08:47 AM, said:

Poor example with the super uni comparison. The best players play on mobile because it’s the only platform allowed for the highest level competitive scene. If it were an option to play on pc, I’d be surprised if it didn’t balance out more. 

Having said that, how do you know what platform most super unis play on? To my knowledge there isn’t an easy way to tell that by looking at stats.

Okay, perhaps. But the point still stands, those Super Unis are doing things unattainable to all of us in this thread, regardless of what platform is being used. The top clans are all mobile in tournaments obviously, but are just as ubiquitously mobile on their YT, twitch, etc channels. And when brought up, they almost always prefer playing on mobile. That doesn't mean mobile is better, but there's something to be said about the platforms pros and cons being apples and oranges. The tape doesn't lie, i'm not making this stuff up. How many PC streamers vs mobile for Blitz are out there? Wouldn't we have an endless wave of PC savants streaming how they destroy the twister cup players ad nauseum?  

I mean, just look at the PC players commenting here, myself included, we're all mediocre and not because of the platform, or this or that, it's because we're mediocre. Full stop. Same thing that happens for mobile.

Absolute_Sniper #23 Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43124 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 05 May 2020 - 04:31 AM, said:

You mean like the myriad of reasons not to play on mobile. BTW, is mobile even an apt term considering there's tablets the same size as my laptop screen. You're standing up to PC players like you're the sole protector against a wave of smearing and bashing. It's actually quite the opposite if we're being frank.

And no, my rebuttal was to those that won't even let a quality of life post for PC players go without some rabid segregationists shouting us out of public discord. To that i say, eff off. You're entitled to your own opinions, but don't derail a legitimate thread out of your own insecurities.

Okay, perhaps. But the point still stands, those Super Unis are doing things unattainable to all of us in this thread, regardless of what platform is being used. The top clans are all mobile in tournaments obviously, but are just as ubiquitously mobile on their YT, twitch, etc channels. And when brought up, they almost always prefer playing on mobile. That doesn't mean mobile is better, but there's something to be said about the platforms pros and cons being apples and oranges. The tape doesn't lie, i'm not making this stuff up. How many PC streamers vs mobile for Blitz are out there? Wouldn't we have an endless wave of PC savants streaming how they destroy the twister cup players ad nauseum?  

I mean, just look at the PC players commenting here, myself included, we're all mediocre and not because of the platform, or this or that, it's because we're mediocre. Full stop. Same thing that happens for mobile.

I’m in the camp that doesn’t see a significant advantage one way or another. You can be good or suck on either platform. PC has far better manual aiming ability while mobile has better auto aim ability. Outside of that, seems like a level playing field. 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

_Crusader6_ #24 Posted 05 May 2020 - 01:02 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 66867 battles
  • [DEF]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 04 May 2020 - 11:39 PM, said:

I’m in the camp that doesn’t see a significant advantage one way or another. You can be good or suck on either platform. PC has far better manual aiming ability while mobile has better auto aim ability. Outside of that, seems like a level playing field. 

The are advantages and disadvantages to both.   For some aspects (like missiles, and zoom) where PC is clearly superior though.  

Tank Hoarder: 404 tanks in Garage:  420/420 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

_Cletus #25 Posted 05 May 2020 - 01:27 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 29197 battles
  • [III-P]

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 04 May 2020 - 10:31 PM, said:

I'm not standing up to PC players, I'm standing up to you.  My rebuttal was to you for a douchey comment.  C6 or anybody is allowed to say that PC players don't need it easier than they have it, it was a short comment, and you jumped down his throat, simultaneously implying there's no reason for a reasonable person to even be playing mobile and really derailing the thread.  Maybe the highest level players focus on mobile because they want to play tournaments.  Maybe your average unicum tends to play on PC because when you have a little bit of skill the benefits of PC really pay off.  I don't know for sure, and I don't really care that much about who plays PC, but the point of it all is that I certainly didn't like the way you said your original comment, it really came off as you implying that playing mobile in this environment is stupid, and there are a lot of reasons that is wrong.

DanAnsomeHansome #26 Posted 05 May 2020 - 02:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39719 battles

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 04 May 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

Sounds like your wifi situation is a you problem. For the majority of players, perfectly sound 100 Mbps speeds are ubiquitous across the country. And worse case scenario they can choose same control mode, voila. Oh, and that [edited]about kbm circling touch players is again, a you problem. The vast majority of Super Unis are, and always will be touch players.

99.9% of the records are done under touch. That being said, what of what i typed is even remotely close to me looking down my nose at mobile players? The platform issue is over-blown, you dichotomize your game-play between the two, and your stats will be roughly around the same. You're awfully sensitize this morning, bad weekend?

How can you deny that pc has an advantage? You are clearly wrong. All the best players play on pc.

DanAnsomeHansome #27 Posted 05 May 2020 - 02:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39719 battles

View PostDuckmaster1303, on 04 May 2020 - 05:26 PM, said:

It never calls it a mobile game in the game description or the title, PC players have just as much right to the game as mobile players.

no one said they didn’t have a right but they shouldn’t have rights like a better mini map and better scoping.

_Crusader6_ #28 Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:16 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 66867 battles
  • [DEF]
Refrain from personal attacks and foul language. 

Tank Hoarder: 404 tanks in Garage:  420/420 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users