Suggestions to Help the New Playerbase

tutorial new players low tiers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Your Opinion (12 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you agree with my general ideas?

1. Yes (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Sort of (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. No (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Hide poll

PotatoDefender #1 Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:20 AM

Private

• Players
  • 785 battles

Hello, everyone. I would like to share my opinion about the game's climate for new players. The first topic I would like to talk about is the tutorial. The tutorial is not exactly the most efficient thing, but with all due respect I do understand that it is difficult to appeal to the new playerbase. I am just giving my opinion. I feel like the tutorial is very boring and disengaging. I think instead of throwing the new players into battles with bots over and over, there should be some sort of missions for them to complete each battle. Missions that would help new players understand some of the mechanics of the game. I have also noticed that HE spammers are still everywhere. Honestly, if there was a simple explanation in the tutorial of what each ammo type is for, it may help tremendously. Now, to talk about after the tutorial. The progression of the low tiers has become far too quick. It is rushing new players into a very complex game that requires some time to get used to. 

This is the current average xp research layout for the low tiers: 

II- 200 

III- 700 

IV- 2500

V- 8000 

VI- 25000

Every tier in the game has a large spike up to xp, that's just how it works. I think that the spike at tier V-VI is just too much.

My suggestion would be where there is a slightly more gradual process: 

II- 1500

III- 3000

IV- 6000 

V- 12000

VI-25000

I think this would keep players in the lower tiers for a little longer so they can get used to the basics before getting rushed into the game. On a similar note, the map progression is ridiculously steep. The Tier-to-Tier map increase has a huge spike at V-VI. 

Here is the current progression: 

I 1 map 

I-II 2 maps

II-III 3 maps

III-IV 3 maps

IV-V 8 maps

V-VI 20+ maps 

Like I stated before, it is much easier to ease players into an experience rather than instantly rush them into it. 

Possibly the progression should be more like: 

I 1 map 

I-II 2 maps

II-III 4 maps

III-IV 8 maps 

IV-V 16 maps

V-VI 20+ maps 

Not only would this allow players to have a more linear progression, it would also improve the experience and keep players more interested in the game. The low tiers should make a good impression on players, as it is the first thing they experience. 

Now, the last thing I would like to suggest is the balancing of tier IV-VI. There is a huge Hp gap between V-VI, and I think this gap should be narrowed. There is also a huge gap between IV-V dpm which could be fixed by mass buffing the IV tanks.

These are just some ideas to improve the playing environment for new players. 

Thanks to everyone who read my post. Have a good day!

Vote in the poll to express your opinion on these concepts.  

_The_Tactition_ #2 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:00 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 23395 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Pretty solid ideas, however the whole point of WG’s model is to be able to reach tier 5 quickly. Tier 1-4 is just so vanilla there’s no point. Perhaps the linear idea doesn’t work either due to not wanting to overload new players. I agree maybe get the gap a bit closer, but not by as much as you suggest.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

rosgrim #3 Posted 06 May 2020 - 04:47 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 89710 battles
  • [COD]

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 06 May 2020 - 02:00 AM, said:

Pretty solid ideas, however the whole point of WG’s model is to be able to reach tier 5 quickly. Tier 1-4 is just so vanilla there’s no point. Perhaps the linear idea doesn’t work either due to not wanting to overload new players. I agree maybe get the gap a bit closer, but not by as much as you suggest.

Actually is even "worse". In fact WG wanted to push up to higher tiers (6-10) as much as possible (no matter the player skills). 

So every kind of suggestion at this point is irrelevant. 

Consider also a player now can buy a relatively cheap tier 8-9-10.

You see around unskilled players (I'm not talking just about WR - however the WR is still a good indicator of the skills - but also Average damage and Exp, number of battles) driving T9-10 tanks.

Technically many good players (I mean the one that play a lot. The Pro that plays few pub battles still play more t10) would say T7 now is the new T10 in terms of skilled players that stopped to play the majority of the battles in T9, 10 because of the hordes of unskilled and unprepared players. 

Meat_Locker #4 Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:44 AM

Large Member

• Players
  • 48571 battles
  • [TOES]

The core problem, the one that would remain unaddressed, is the fact that WG is actively courting a player base that is not interested in, and would never think that there is a reason for, investing in learning this game properly. 

Solve that problem and we all win.

WG is not interested in this kind of investment in growing a long term player base within a 5+ year old property. 

RonaldusMaximus_ #5 Posted 06 May 2020 - 12:40 PM

Vote: Cletus/Ronaldus 2020

• Players
  • 14097 battles
  • [III-C]

They are using psychology to keep players invested in the game.

Our monkey brains are addicted to that reward of getting the next tank, by tier 6 they have you "invested" even if it only took you two days to achieve tier 6.

This does not help the player git gud, because your little monkey brain realizes you don't have to git gud to get the next reward, you only need to be persistent.

WG doesn't want gud players, they want more players.

Vantablack12 #6 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:50 PM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 14500 battles
  • [K9]
I think it would be more effective if they completely remade the tutorial. The tutorial hasn't really changed since I first started playing 2.5 years ago. They don't go very in depth on strategy and tactics for each individual class of tank. 

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Black_Iron290 #7 Posted 15 May 2020 - 09:47 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2949 battles
  • [TMAD]
Boa noite me chamo ryan sou muito fã de vocês e queria deixa uma ideia de novo modo de jogo que acredito que vão gosta e que vai ser uma inovação no mundo dos jogos, seria bom se tivesse um modo de sobrevivência com tanques seria mais desafiador mais interessante e acredito que muitos gostariam, batalhas um pouco mais longas seria interessante mais estratégias.

Caso gostem pode me contatar via email: andraderyan025@gmail.com posso fazer um baixo assinado de jogadores que querem o modo e enviar a vocês com tudo isso teria mais jogadores no wold of tanques

wils_will #8 Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 87592 battles
Remind newbies that game is more like billiards and bounced shots since 5.9 are routine. It’s a game of chance now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users