IS, pretty good tank.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

stmaarten1778 #1 Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:41 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3534 battles
I finally got off my rear and finished my grind from the KV-1S in a blaze of high damage and glory. I now have the IS. I have grinded it’s top turret but I have not played it with the KV1S gun yet. How should I play it. I have mainly been playing it like a second line/front line support with the 100mm. Should I go peek a boom with the 122 or should I do something else. I see the armor as trollish at best and it can brawl with certain tanks around its tier. IS this tank worth the effort to play it or should I put it on the back burner like my russian heavy line for the last year or 2 until now?

Edited by stmaarten1778, 09 May 2020 - 02:41 AM.

I love my Tiger P :playing:

Nobody out jags the tiger 8.8

Mako__Reizei___ #2 Posted 09 May 2020 - 03:01 AM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8391 battles
  • [ALIAS]
You play second line peek-a-boom with it. You're gonna want to use the 122mm instead of the 100mm because you get more pen and it's more suitable for peek-a-boom, not to mention that you can do trades more efficiently as well. Its reload is like 4 seconds faster with the 122mm compared to the KV-1S' (4 seconds may not seem a lot but my God, 4 seconds less on the reload FEELS a lot faster). You can go medium route and troll mediums with your armor profile or heavy route and play second line support peek-a-boom. Either way, I'd prefer the 122mm over the 100mm simply because of personal preference; choose whichever gun you want.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

_The_Tactition_ #3 Posted 09 May 2020 - 05:15 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 26749 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Use the 122mm. Great for peek a boom. If you’re top tier the pen should be fine, but if your against tier 8 heavies don’t even bother with AP, go straight to gold ammo. Can side scrape in a pinch, sides are decent as it’s mainly track, which eats shells. The turret is pretty weak, as people can hit your cupola pretty easily and the cheeks are pretty easy as well for tanks with good pen. The speed is pretty good in a straight line, but the traverse is meh. Gun depression is not good, so try to stick to small mounds. Hide the lower plate.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Valkyrie04 #4 Posted 10 May 2020 - 04:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4352 battles
  • [FL-LT]
I love this tank. Even before the armor buff I was able to hold a flank just by myself against a Tiger I, a Smasher and another IS. couldn't kill them because I ran out of 122mm shells.

The D-25T gun (122mm) is sweet and accurate, just go hull down and sidescrape. Since the armor buff your onlyv (small) problems are the cupola and the lower glacis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users