• 31992 battles
  • [-CFE-]
Good price, good tank. Too much hype though

dementian #22 Posted 12 May 2020 - 05:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 56271 battles
  • [SPUD]
There are certain tanks that I don't like seeing on red, and the 252U is one of them (especially when driven by a good player as mentioned earlier).  The troll armor is annoying.  I may bite on this deal...

Chiefmac #23 Posted 12 May 2020 - 07:20 PM

Forum Fire Chief (Ret)

• Players
  • 59761 battles
  • [ROTI]
It makes excellent credits too. 

Recent escapee from Kommiefornia to Texas. 

Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% my attitude. 

Mako__Reizei___ #24 Posted 12 May 2020 - 07:32 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 9054 battles
It's actually kind of easy to hide that lower plate when played correctly. I don't have the tank myself so I'd just guess that it's an IS-7 at tier 8 with a bigger lower plate. You can use dead tanks, slight inclines, hill sides and whatnot to hide your massive lower plate and nobody can pen you except for the almost nonexistent cupolas on your turret.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

minitel_NA #25 Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

OBJ252’s only weaknesses is to win 1v3, and while it kills 3 of my teammates I can aim that tiny green spot in the rear lower plate.

at this point calling it weaknesses sorts of disturbs me. 

that boi, smasher and WZ120 are the 3 things designed to have some parts of the playerbase be able to shoot twice per game without improving how to play, and to have any decent player reach either 70+% winrate or boredom in a very reliable way. 

(wanted to write 80 but praise self censorship)overall its way too cheap to make it a decent pay to win.

IMO it should be extortionate to win, and that would make it more tolerable.

at around 40k gold i could sympathetically let old man unload his shot once or even twice before putting him to bed.

o

Edited by minitel_NA, 12 May 2020 - 08:43 PM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

_Yohtician #26 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:56 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 31710 battles
  • [REGI]

View Post_Cletus, on 12 May 2020 - 04:42 PM, said:

If the 252 angles badly and I get a perpendicular shot, I can pen it with my T-34 or my Tiger II.

The two highest penetrating tier 8 tanks. That’s 2/100+ tier 8 and 7 tanks that can actually pen it IF it’s perfectly perpendicular.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

_Yohtician #27 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:58 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 31710 battles
  • [REGI]
I’d rather have skill competitions like with the Kpf 70 to earn these really good premiums/collectibles.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

_Cletus #28 Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:14 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 33657 battles

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 12 May 2020 - 03:56 PM, said:

The two highest penetrating tier 8 tanks. That’s 2/100+ tier 8 and 7 tanks that can actually pen it IF it’s perfectly perpendicular.

I specified high pen tanks.  You aren't wrong, lots of things just won't pen it no matter what.  I still hate pikes.  It makes me wonder how it does when low tier, those tier 9's are made to pen tier Xs.  I'll know more when I get some battles on it tonight.

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?

BlitzAssassin #29 Posted 13 May 2020 - 03:00 AM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 31992 battles
  • [-CFE-]
Though just curious, is the 25U better than the wz-112-2 (celestial). I mean the wz doesn’t have the pike nose... that things an underrated beast.

IronBehemoth #30 Posted 13 May 2020 - 03:08 AM

Official Society Game Play Publicist.

• Players
  • 14930 battles
  • [-NOX-]

Why are people actually arguing over this. Its broken, simple as that. 

Tank literally has 100mm thicker frontal armor than the is7 and the same 100 mm side hull armor. You cannot in away way call a tank with tier 10 armor at t8 "balanced" And yes, we know that the 252U has a marginally larger bottom plate, but I think that's all well in good when it means that the upper plate is 10 degrees steeper and therefore utterly impervious whereas some tanks can pen the upper plate of the is7 with gold. Lets not forget also that it does 420 alpha per shot which is absolutely bonkers and its got the best camo of any heavy for increased peekaboom capability

Edited by IronBehemoth, 13 May 2020 - 03:14 AM.

_Cletus #31 Posted 13 May 2020 - 04:15 AM

• Players
  • 33657 battles
Okay I've had some battles in this thing.  It sure does bounce plenty of shots.  But, it's boring af, and it's hard to do damage.  It's typical IS Russian gun works best close.  It's Uber armor works best hull down.  Not a great combo for making the most of your dpm.  If you try to get close they hit your plate while you approach.  If you try to maintain a hull down position they just go somewhere else.  If you want to hold a position it's the tits, but in a pub match with our loser playerbase holding positions doesn't help if no one takes advantage of it.  So yeah, it's got a lot of potential due to its armor, but armor isn't enough to carry games.  It's still a cool tank but I stick by my judgement that it's overrated, give me a tiger II any day.

___ImUrHuckleberry #32 Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:11 AM

I need ammunition, not a ride.

• Players
  • 17741 battles
252U is overcooked. If you can't make the tank work, it's definitely a YOU problem. Out of all the Russian heavies, this is the only one that can snapshot. It's not a Leo gun, but it's reasonable, coupled with broken armor, low profile, and 420 alpha. Easily Top 3 tier VIII tank; end of story. Blaming poor performance on teams is par for the course for people that should listen instead of yak away with zero knowledge.

_Cletus #33 Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:05 PM

• Players
  • 33657 battles

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 13 May 2020 - 10:11 PM, said:

252U is overcooked. If you can't make the tank work, it's definitely a YOU problem. Out of all the Russian heavies, this is the only one that can snapshot. It's not a Leo gun, but it's reasonable, coupled with broken armor, low profile, and 420 alpha. Easily Top 3 tier VIII tank; end of story. Blaming poor performance on teams is par for the course for people that should listen instead of yak away with zero knowledge.

Yeah, don't give up that [...] vibe!  Being an [...] is a YOU problem.  Maybe consider that if you can't be nice, don't say anything at all.

I didn't blame teams, I said teams don't know how to take advantage of a heavy holding a position, which any reasonable person would see the implication that holding a position might not be a viable winning strategy.  Who says I can't play it?  I'm 60% in it.  I just said, and I stand by, it's an over rated tank.  The Tiger II is waaaay better.  If I want to fight hull down, the T-34 is waaay better.  It's not some super OP unkillable beast, it's just a tank with a lot of armor on the upper hull.

___ImUrHuckleberry #34 Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:42 AM

• Players
  • 17741 battles

View Post_Cletus, on 14 May 2020 - 05:05 AM, said:

ho says I can't play it?  I'm 60% in it.  When your damage is LESS than the average damage for all players in said tank, you should keep your ego in check; not to mention, be objective and not the emotional wreck you become when truth smacks you between the eyes. The average damage includes AFK trolls, and horrendously bad 30%ers, most of which perform better than you. So keep touting that 60% if that makes you feel good. Until then, i don't know what else to tell ya.

Here's another newsflash for you: Tiger II is nowhere near as good as the 252U, and the stats don't lie. Avg dmg: 1649 to 1391; WR: 60.7 to 53.99; D/R: 1.43 to 1.09; survival: 47.6 to 38.28. Add similar speed/maneuverability, vastly superior turret, wayyy better alpha, vastly superior sidescraping sides, and it's clear you have no clue what you're talking about. 

If pointing out the facts makes me a douchy A-Hole, i'll take it everyday and twice on Sunday. You see, you love to give opinions couched with feelings and flawed thought-processes. Maybe that's why you tout the Tiger II and are ho-hum in it. You could use a little douchiness to help your game.

I'm Your Huckleberry,

Edited by _ImUrHuckleberry, 15 May 2020 - 05:53 AM.

_Cletus #35 Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:40 PM

• Players
  • 33657 battles

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 14 May 2020 - 09:42 PM, said:

Think about the numbers.  The Tiger numbers have a lot to do with it pre-buff.  It's also a tech tree tank that every yahoo out there can play.  It's a much better tank now with the buff.  When the 252U came out, it was sold for $50, and was quickly touted as being OP, so better players bought, it's a much smaller sample size, it's gonna have better stats.  Don't just read the numbers, think about them.  I only played 10 matches in the 252, and I won 6.  I wasn't spectacular in those matches, and I never said I was, I said I was 60%, which coincidentally is better than your winrate in it, although your other stats are definitely better.  Still, I know a little bit about driving heavies, and you're trying to say a situational hull down tank with no gun depression is better than a tank that can play any situation.  Armor isn't the only thing that counts in this game, the ability to put shots into the bad guys is also important, and that's where the 252U is lacking.  It's not a bad tank, it's definitely in the top 5 tier 8, but I will still stand by my opinion that it's overrated.

The other thing I'm trying to impart to you is that it's possible to have conversations about tanks, which is what these forums are all about, without you being so arrogant.  It's interesting that you're telling me to put my ego in check, it's like you don't even read your own posts.  I know I'm a 55% er, I've never touted myself as a unicum.  I do believe I have some pretty good heavy skills, but again, I've never tried to put myself out there as a unicum who just gets bad teams or RNG or whatever.  So where does that come from?  Maybe you're just seeing the reflection of your own arrogance in my posts, I dunno, I'm not a shrink.  But just consider, that maybe if you can find a little bit of humbleness in yourself, you might not always come off as the arrogant prick that everybody else sees.

Duckmaster1303 #36 Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17300 battles
  • [-PYX-]

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 15 May 2020 - 03:42 AM, said:

Here's a newsflash for you, the vk 168 has better average stats than the tiger 2. Does that make the vk 168 far superior to the tiger? That's obviously no, premiums have an advantage over tech tree tanks because less people have them and those that do generally are more skilled than the normal player base. You're not a prick because you're saying "facts", you're are prick because you are arrogant and think your stats are better than they actually are. Maybe that's to make up for that fact that you have plateaued as a player and your wn8 is decreasing.

BlitzAssassin #37 Posted 15 May 2020 - 09:39 PM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 31992 battles
  • [-CFE-]

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 14 May 2020 - 11:42 PM, said:

before you get all snarky and smart mouthed maybe consider what your actually talking about. The tiger 2 has worse “performance rates” not stats, because it’s a costly premium tank when it first came out. Meaning the average nub can get their hands on the tank and significantly lower the stats. Meanwhile the 25u is an extremely popular tourni tank, showing quite a few unicums have the tank, and therefore probably take it out for pub matches. What’s that mean? Oh ya, better performance rates. Pound for pound, the tiger 2 is statistically quite better in most areas. I too would probably take it over the 25U. Much more versatile. And honestly he was just voicing his opinion, trying to actually give decent advice and his experience in the tank. Pretty sure people here can respect that and appreciate except one individual in particular... honestly foolishness

Edited by BlitzAssassin, 15 May 2020 - 09:40 PM.

ZombieRush22579 #38 Posted 08 June 2021 - 06:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2490 battles
  • [HAMZ]
I've played in it. Kinda hard to hide the lower plate, but other than that, NO PEN. I bounced about 2k damage in about 5 seconds when surrounded by bois trying to get the kill. Awesome when lower plate is not targeted

___ImUrHuckleberry #39 Posted 07 September 2021 - 02:05 AM

• Players
  • 17741 battles

Here we are a year later, and I'm still right. Not that it took much brain power to realize, but given the triggered opposition and their white knights, I figured I'd throw it out there. Tiger II is a good tank, but it will never be in the same stratosphere as a 252U. And it isn't even the best tier VIII heavy by a long shot, and still curb-stomps a Tiger II. More 252Us around then many TTTs, getting a bit long on the tooth, and still OP. Boring, not good for tournaments, meme-worthy, but never overrated.

And one final comment: we can all have differing opinions, just not differing facts. You may not like its play style, but it just works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users