Can’t back up once combat starts.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

AknaKon #1 Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3218 battles

When i am in combat the joystick stops functioning. I can’t replicate it in a practice room or when no enemy is around.

It ALWAYS goes like this up (North) is forward down (South) is backward. However as soon as combat starts down (south) is no longer backward.

I either can’t go backward at all or the joystick orientation shifts one tick counterclockwise making the south east point of the joystick the new south or backwards. 

It’s almost like the compass Points north before combat but to magnetic north the second combat starts.

It’s driving me crazy. I capped a video of it today. 

Sorry for bugging you if this is beyond the messages normally posted here but I can’t find a solution and about 75% of my games are detrimentally affected by this. 

Please assist or direct me to the right place. 

7ero #2 Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45964 battles
  • [SRT]
Ahh.   By the title I thought this was gonna be a rant on all the complete and utter brain dead players that (for some reason) just have to back up when the battle starts.

“ Mm sucks just like u r face. Now Go cry on tissue not here.” ~ raj

acrisis #3 Posted 13 May 2020 - 11:09 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21331 battles
  • [III-S]

So, you are having a digital joystick issue? 

On what brand and model device using what operating system? 

Just using the touch screen? 

Or some other system, ... ?

Happens only in real battles that you cannot drive backwards? only fwd, left and right. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

Meat_Locker #4 Posted 13 May 2020 - 11:10 AM

Large Member

• Players
  • 55417 battles
  • [TOES]

I've had three recurring problems since the debut of this update (v6.10.0):

1) Newbs

2) Joystick just stops working in a manner similar to what the OP has described. I'll be driving along and the tank just stops. I can't go forwards or backwards unless I try 2-3 times to get it to go again.

3) Packet loss after the first 20 seconds of the game. It floats around 2-5% with spikes to 15%. 

Reinstallation of the game changed nothing. This is new to this version. Ping Plotter shows the ping issue to be restricted to the US. All is fine within Europe.

acrisis #5 Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21331 battles
  • [III-S]
FWIW. RE: PIng. I'm seeing 1% packet loss on my end in Chicago on Cox and some ping fluctuations ... right outside of the data center. So things are not entirely clean in Chicago.  

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

RoadKutter #6 Posted 13 May 2020 - 03:39 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 43066 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postacrisis, on 13 May 2020 - 04:40 AM, said:

FWIW. RE: PIng. I'm seeing 1% packet loss on my end in Chicago on Cox and some ping fluctuations ... right outside of the data center. So things are not entirely clean in Chicago.  

Had a game this am when as soon as I saw packet loss my controller flipped. So instead of going forward I started to reverse.  Put it down to bad connections but then I saw this post.

Ghosting reds since 2014

BlitzAssassin #7 Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:00 PM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 27364 battles
  • [-INQ-]

View PostMeat_Locker, on 13 May 2020 - 07:10 AM, said:

I've had three recurring problems since the debut of this update (v6.10.0):

1) Newbs

2) Joystick just stops working in a manner similar to what the OP has described. I'll be driving along and the tank just stops. I can't go forwards or backwards unless I try 2-3 times to get it to go again.

3) Packet loss after the first 20 seconds of the game. It floats around 2-5% with spikes to 15%. 

Reinstallation of the game changed nothing. This is new to this version. Ping Plotter shows the ping issue to be restricted to the US. All is fine within Europe.

I’ve always had 2) when I’m playing while my device is charging. The weirdest thing and could never find out why. Easy to solve though.

Meat_Locker #8 Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:36 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 55417 battles
  • [TOES]
Not in my case. 

AknaKon #9 Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3218 battles

View Postacrisis, on 13 May 2020 - 06:09 AM, said:

So, you are having a digital joystick issue? 

On what brand and model device using what operating system? 

Just using the touch screen? 

Or some other system, ... ?

Happens only in real battles that you cannot drive backwards? only fwd, left and right use an ipad,  always have only used an iPad, I’m referring to the on #Screen  compass like interface used to move a tank. In the settings it is refferre$ to as a joystick. I’m not talking about an external peripheral device. Just the in game stock movement tool located on the lower left screen corner. It looks like an eight point compass. Hope this helps. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users