BlitzAnalysis.com new site stats statistics

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Jylpah #21 Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 10 June 2020 - 02:03 PM, said:

Great read as C6 said. I missed the conclusion though. Which one is better stat wise?

Texas_Tyrant

I did a small update to the post. Statistically there is no significant difference between the tanks performance although it is quite close call for Standard B's advantage (overall p-value is 0.066). Standard B is statistically better for 40-50% WR players, but for the rest the differences go within the error margins (95% confidence level). But let's remember the starting point was huge 4.1% difference in average WR (statistically significant with any confidence level).

For an individual players the correct answer is this:

View Post_Crusader6_, on 10 June 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

The answer is what tank you personally can play better... 

:)

Jylpah #22 Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

2020-06-18:

• Added stats for update 6.10:
  • Fixed a bug in stats filtering code that caused stats being ignored without a reason. It had minor effect on the stats.

It seems that on average Sheridan that got nerfed in 7.0 did not perform that well.

https://blitzanalysiz.com/update/6.10/tanks/10/#the-best-performing-tanks

Best oerforming tier X tanks

However, it did perform better for the better players that WG uses for balancing, but it seemed still "perfectly balanced" even for the super unicums. Just comparing it the to M48 Patton here since those are roughly equally performing tanks - on average.

I guess the reason for the Sheridan nerf was the big outcry that mixed ATGM hatred (well deserved, IMO) and Sheridan's assumed OPness. Also Sheridan has been a ridiculously popular tanks and WG prefers to maintain diversity among the tanks played. Super-popular tanks like FV183 do get nerfed more than the deserve.

Edited by Jylpah, 19 June 2020 - 07:15 AM.

Jylpah #23 Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

Hello,

Stats for update 7.0 has been added to the site. Interestingly, the tracked player base played random battles significantly less than during 6.10 despite the update period being longer than usual.

In addition, there are now pages for each tank type per tier. Now all the tanks' data is now viewable on the site.

Nathanronco #24 Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:17 PM

Unprofessional KV-2 Driver

• Players
  • 17350 battles
  • [1STUS]
It's obvious that the Object 252U is over performing, why hasn't it been changed to a collector and nerfed?

" If you miss shots in your KV-2, it's because you haven't sent enough peasants to Gulag." - Joseph Stalin, 1944 Soviet Russia

Premium Vehicles in Garage: T34, M6A2E1 EXP, Löwe, IS-5, T-34-3, Tiger 131, SU-100Y, TOG II*, Pz. V/IV, T-25, Churchill III

Collector Vehicles in Garage: Gravedigger, Thunder, Pz. Sfl. IVc, Scavenger, Valentine II, Valentine Mark IX, AMX 40, T82, T18

Tier X Vehicles in Garage: Sheridan, M48 Patton, Jagdpanzer E 100, Grille 15, IS-7, FV215b 183, FV4005, Ho-Ri

Texas_Tyrant #25 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:05 PM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 11776 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostNathanronco, on 16 July 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

It's obvious that the Object 252U is over performing, why hasn't it been changed to a collector and nerfed?

I bought a car from the dealer. I drove over 500k miles on it, can top at 180 mph, and has 600 torque. Compared to the market, this car is overperforming pretty much in terms of reliability, speed, and torque. The dealer decides that this car is overperforming and isn't fair to the market. So they take the car from you saying that you loaned it even though you bought it (After it is completely paid off) and change the engine, then give it back to you under the conditions that they have the right to make changes to it. Wait a second? It's in your name! They dont have the right to do that! You are correct, they do not have the right to take it and make any changes to it. The dealer should have done better testing before releasing it if they didn't want such a good car on the road.

It is easy to see this as WG and the player. Players paid for a tank, WG does not have the right to make changes that were not in the agreement.  It can not be nerfed, it can be power crept though. 

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

Players

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

Nathanronco #26 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:29 PM

Unprofessional KV-2 Driver

• Players
  • 17350 battles
  • [1STUS]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 17 July 2020 - 06:05 PM, said:

I bought a car from the dealer. I drove over 500k miles on it, can top at 180 mph, and has 600 torque. Compared to the market, this car is overperforming pretty much in terms of reliability, speed, and torque. The dealer decides that this car is overperforming and isn't fair to the market. So they take the car from you saying that you loaned it even though you bought it (After it is completely paid off) and change the engine, then give it back to you under the conditions that they have the right to make changes to it. Wait a second? It's in your name! They dont have the right to do that! You are correct, they do not have the right to take it and make any changes to it. The dealer should have done better testing before releasing it if they didn't want such a good car on the road.

It is easy to see this as WG and the player. Players paid for a tank, WG does not have the right to make changes that were not in the agreement.  It can not be nerfed, it can be power crept though. 

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

Players

If that is so, then 5.5 would have never happened.

" If you miss shots in your KV-2, it's because you haven't sent enough peasants to Gulag." - Joseph Stalin, 1944 Soviet Russia

Premium Vehicles in Garage: T34, M6A2E1 EXP, Löwe, IS-5, T-34-3, Tiger 131, SU-100Y, TOG II*, Pz. V/IV, T-25, Churchill III

Collector Vehicles in Garage: Gravedigger, Thunder, Pz. Sfl. IVc, Scavenger, Valentine II, Valentine Mark IX, AMX 40, T82, T18

Tier X Vehicles in Garage: Sheridan, M48 Patton, Jagdpanzer E 100, Grille 15, IS-7, FV215b 183, FV4005, Ho-Ri

tankeatingtiger #27 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:47 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 27290 battles
  • [D2TH]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 17 July 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

It’s cute that you think you have rights or ownership to these pixel tanks. This agreement is where WG explicitly says it will not nerf premiums is a figment of your imagination. WG tries to avoid nerfing premiums for the reasons you listed above, yes, but there is nothing keeping them from doing so. And yes, 5.5 is a direct example of this. 

Balance Change History Spreadsheet

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

forum broke my beautiful gif...

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Texas_Tyrant #28 Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:45 PM

• Players
  • 11776 battles
  • [UTC]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 17 July 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

It’s cute that you think you have rights or ownership to these pixel tanks. This agreement is where WG explicitly says it will not nerf premiums is a figment of your imagination. WG tries to avoid nerfing premiums for the reasons you listed above, yes, but there is nothing keeping them from doing so. And yes, 5.5 is a direct example of this. 

Except that they make it known that they can nerf collectors, but the y never comment on premiums leading me to the conclusion that they won't. I can give plenty of examples of collectors that have been nerfed. I can't think of a single premium that has been nerfed though.

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

tankeatingtiger #29 Posted 18 July 2020 - 04:29 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 27290 battles
  • [D2TH]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 17 July 2020 - 06:45 PM, said:

Except that they make it known that they can nerf collectors, but the y never comment on premiums leading me to the conclusion that they won't. I can give plenty of examples of collectors that have been nerfed. I can't think of a single premium that has been nerfed though.

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

Yes, they tend to shy away from nerfing premiums out of courtesy to paying customers but there is nothing in the EULA about it at all so they have every right to do it. 5.5 is a direct representation of this, they took existing premiums, slapped the collector label on them, and then nerfed them. It’s a clear loophole and makes it obvious that they can and will nerf premiums.

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Texas_Tyrant #30 Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:55 AM

• Players
  • 11776 battles
  • [UTC]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 18 July 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

Yes, they tend to shy away from nerfing premiums out of courtesy to paying customers but there is nothing in the EULA about it at all so they have every right to do it. 5.5 is a direct representation of this, they took existing premiums, slapped the collector label on them, and then nerfed them. It’s a clear loophole and makes it obvious that they can and will nerf premiums.

Whoa, I never knew that. This is news, please tell me more. Maybe move this discussion to a different more relevant thread?:popcorn:

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

Jylpah #31 Posted 23 July 2020 - 04:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 18 July 2020 - 06:29 PM, said:

It is good to remember that the nerfed / reclassified only those premiums belonging tiers under major change. And the offered gold for selling the tank which was fair, IMO.

tankeatingtiger #32 Posted 23 July 2020 - 04:49 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 27290 battles
  • [D2TH]

View PostJylpah, on 23 July 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

It is good to remember that the nerfed / reclassified only those premiums belonging tiers under major change. And the offered gold for selling the tank which was fair, IMO.

I’m not saying it’s unfair, I am simply explaining that many people don’t know that premiums have been nerfed several other times, not just in 5.5. Currently combing through the blitz Hangar patch notes for a project, and it is surprising to see the number of nerfs to premium tanks.

Edited by tankeatingtiger, 23 July 2020 - 04:50 PM.

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

_Crusader6_ #33 Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:22 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68317 battles
  • [DEF]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 23 July 2020 - 11:49 AM, said:

I’m not saying it’s unfair, I am simply explaining that many people don’t know that premiums have been nerfed several other times, not just in 5.5. Currently combing through the blitz Hangar patch notes for a project, and it is surprising to see the number of nerfs to premium tanks.

No one reads the EULA, or Blitz TOS. 
 a quick paraphrase from the TOS:  Any digital good (your tanks) may be altered for balancing reasons.  
  Doesn’t matter how much one paid or not. 

Tank Hoarder: 406 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

tankeatingtiger #34 Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:58 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 27290 battles
  • [D2TH]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 23 July 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

No one reads the EULA, or Blitz TOS. 
 a quick paraphrase from the TOS:  Any digital good (your tanks) may be altered for balancing reasons.  
  Doesn’t matter how much one paid or not. 

Exactly. They just try to avoid nerfing prems out of common courtesy.

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Jylpah #35 Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 23 July 2020 - 06:49 PM, said:

I don't think "premiums have been nerfed several times". While WG EULA does not prevent WG from nerfing premiums, WG really does not want to do it since people ask for refunds, and can churn away or become more cautious on spending money. The game is flooded with OP premiums, and yet those are in practice never nerfed, but those get eventually nerfed by the performance creep (launching new OP tanks, buffing others to catch up). There can be cases when some premiums where "relatively" nerfed by not buffing them as much as other similar tanks receiving buff.

At least I cannot remember (but that does mean much) examples of direct premium nerfs. :)

tankeatingtiger #36 Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:55 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 27290 battles
  • [D2TH]

View PostJylpah, on 23 July 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

I don't think "premiums have been nerfed several times". While WG EULA does not prevent WG from nerfing premiums, WG really does not want to do it since people ask for refunds, and can churn away or become more cautious on spending money. The game is flooded with OP premiums, and yet those are in practice never nerfed, but those get eventually nerfed by the performance creep (launching new OP tanks, buffing others to catch up). There can be cases when some premiums where "relatively" nerfed by not buffing them as much as other similar tanks receiving buff.

At least I cannot remember (but that does mean much) examples of direct premium nerfs. :)

Correct, WG tries to avoid blatantly nerfing premiums to pacify their supporters, but it does happen more than you think.

For example, if they nerfed something like the 252u, people would be in an outrage. But if they gradually chip away at a tank like the Otsu, with a couple direct nerfs and massive powercreep, that is a better way of doing business.

For example, the infamous 5.5 update. Lost in the chaos is the small detail where the Kenny Otsu got a nerf. Devices/crew damage is not a huge deal, but it just shows that premiums are not invulnerable. 

Another one is the E-75 TS. It received a side skirt nerf in 6.4, which arrived on October 16. You might say, oh it was still in testing, test tanks get nerfed all the time, and I do not remember exactly when it was first sold, but a simple Google search informed me that several YouTubers had posted In Shop videos about the tank on the 11th and 12th.

A similar incident occurred in 6.2, when the Vk 168.01 got its sideskirts thinned about a month after release.

I'm sure there are dozens of other examples, but these are ones that I had readily at hand.

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Jylpah #37 Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

You clearly follow release notes better than I do. I could not remember any of these. :)

Texas_Tyrant #38 Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:22 AM

• Players
  • 11776 battles
  • [UTC]

What are the patch notes? I just see the regular changes in Blitzhangar.com. Or are those the patch notes?

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

Jylpah #39 Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 26 July 2020 - 12:22 PM, said:

What are the patch notes? I just see the regular changes in Blitzhangar.com. Or are those the patch notes?

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

WG used to call publish "Release notes" on forums. Nowadays there is only a post on Blitz WWW-pages. Description of changes. I think BlitzHangar reads the game files so it might have more accurate info :-)

Edited by Jylpah, 09 August 2020 - 04:48 PM.

Jylpah #40 Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

Update 2020-08-08

Edited by Jylpah, 09 August 2020 - 04:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users