BlitzAnalysis.com new site stats statistics

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Jylpah #41 Posted 15 August 2020 - 12:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

BIG update: Tank-specific pages added

Big update! Tank-specific pages have been added to the site. The pages show detailed analysis of each tier V-X tank. One of the most interesting graphs is the Relative WR for different player skill-levels. WR at the tier is used as a measure for players’ skill. It tells how well the tank is performing for different skill-level players relative to the other players’ other same tier tanks. If the Relative WR is high for players with low WR at the tier, it means the tank is easy to play and less-skilled players do in average better in it than other same tier tanks. These are usually well-armored tanks with high-alpha guns.

E 100

If the relative WR is negative for players with low WR at the tier, but high for players with high WR at the tier, it means the tank is difficult to play, but can perform well in the hands of a good player. These are often tanks that require high-level of tactical skills and gameplay. It might be frustrating for less-skilled players to play these tanks.

T-62A

Stats levels vs. WR in a tank

Tank pages also have graphs showing input-stat levels (average damage, average kills, spot rate, etc.) for different WR levels. The bars show 20-80% of the players within the WR bucket (20% have lower stats and 20% have higher stats with the same WR).

E 100: Average damage vs . WR

X/Y Stats vs. WR in a tank

Finally, there are contour-plots of two input-stats vs. WR. These graphs show what combination of stats are require in average to reach certain WR with a tank.

E 100 - Average Damage + Kills vs. WR

Please note that the plotting library tries to make the contour lines convex and therefore certain graphs have odd behaviors on the edges.

Jylpah #42 Posted 28 August 2020 - 11:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

Stats for update 7.1 are (finally) out.Tank-specific are available since 7.0 and now for all the tanks. After adding the tank-pages the site build time has grown 10x and I have been looking for parallel processing to speed up the work. But I have ran into weird issues likely related to shared memory limits causing the parallel R build script to fail. :arta:

The graph below shows the strongest tanks in game tier-for-tier

_Crusader6_ #43 Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:11 PM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 74949 battles
  • [-EXP-]

Awesome work as always.

I hate Annihilator spammers...  

Tank Hoarder: 437 tanks in Garage:  453/456 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Jylpah #44 Posted 11 October 2020 - 01:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

2020-10-11 Update 7.2 stats are out

• Record 205M battles by 456k players was recorded in the database. Please note, these are note all the WoT Blitz players, just those tracked by BlitzAnalysiz().
  • There seem to be more low-tier stat-padders captured in the database since Top 5 highest WR tanks are Tier V or below.

Top 10 tanks by Average WR

• T28 Concept, Object 252U and Chimera continue to be the best performing tanks in the game, with T54E2 taking the 3rd place in front of Chimera. Top four tanks are all premium tanks. It must be a pure accident by WG balancing department. If it were a result of conscious decision, someone could say the game is becoming pay-to-win…

Best performing tanks, update 7.2

Best performing tier X tanks

• And I finally managed to fix the annoying parallel processing bug that has taken most of my BlitzAnalysiz development time. The issue was that multi-threaded OpenBLAS-libraries used by loess() not being thread-safe in multi-core applications. library('RhcpBLASctl';) ; blas_set_num_threads(1) took care of it. It took probably 50h to debug it. Debugging parallel code is PIA. Finally solved it! By definition, bugs are found in the last place you are looking for those.

_Crusader6_ #45 Posted 11 October 2020 - 11:48 PM

• Players
  • 74949 battles
  • [-EXP-]

Amazing work, thank you again. 

I need more tanks...

CommanderSean_2014 #46 Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:49 AM

Yukari Ma Best Waifu

• Players
  • 19185 battles
  • [COD]
Edited

Edited by CommanderSean_2014, 24 January 2021 - 05:40 PM.

Jylpah #47 Posted 10 November 2020 - 09:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

2020-11-10

Jylpah #48 Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

Update 7.3 stats added

Final stats for update 7.3 have been added.

• Total 230M battles by 484k players recorded in the database during the update 7.3. Please note, these are note all the WoT Blitz players, just those tracked by BlitzAnalysiz.com.

• T28 Concept  and Chimera continue to be the best performing tanks in the game. When looking into the details, it is clear that T28 Concept’s performance in the hands of average & below-average players (strong armor) pushes its average Relative WR high. The tank is performing well, but relatively bit less well in the hands of very good players. This is likely due to its poor mobility. At the moment the Relative WR data is not stratified. Stratified sampling would eliminate the impact of the differences in the tanks’ player populations better and give more comparable view of the tanks’ performance.

Best performing tanks, update 7.3

Swedish heavy tank line

Update 7.3 brought the Swedish heavy tanks. As it is often the case with new tank lines, those are first played with more experienced & better players distorting the average WR statistics for the tanks. Emil I player population offers a great example:

Emil I player population, update 7.3

Tier VI Strv 74

Of the Swedish line, the tier VI Strv 74 seems performing below the average. I liked it personally, but based on the numbers it does not perform that well.

Strv 74 Relative WR, update 7.3

Tier VII Leo

The tier VII Leo seems performing also below the average for the better players. I liked it personally, but maybe its lowish DPM (still higher than the T20) pushed the Relative WR down.

Leo Relative WR, update 7.3

Tier VIII Emil I

The tier VIII Emil I is the gem of the line and currently the best performing tier VIII Tech Tree heavy tank. Players have been crying it needs to nerfed, but let’s remember that the Emil I is only the 4th best performing tier VIII heavy tank. Its superior performance on the battlefield is also greatly contributed by its better-than-average player population (3.9% higher average WR vs. all tier VIII heavy tanks)

Emil I Relative WR, update 7.3

Tier IX Emil II

The tier IX Emil II performed very much the average. I would say the EMil II is perfectly balanced.

Emil II Relative WR, update 7.3

Tier X Kranvagn

The tier X Kranvagn was an disappointment for many and it performs the average (below the average for good players). WG often tends to launch new lines with borderline OP-performance. It might be that WG thought the Kranvagn has so much positives that players would play it in any case, and they decided to launch it as balanced. Launching a new line balanced feels almost like launching it nerfed since the standard is borderline-OP.

Kranvagn Relative WR, update 7.3

Edited by Jylpah, 14 November 2020 - 05:54 PM.

Viper8757NC #49 Posted 17 November 2020 - 02:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27491 battles
  • [III-S]
This is outstanding work.  Thank you.

Jylpah #50 Posted 27 November 2020 - 07:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

Update 7.4 preliminary stats added

• In total, there were 105M battles by 419k players recorded in the database during the update 7.4 so far. Please note, these are note all the WoT Blitz players, just those tracked by BlitzAnalysiz().

• Chimera has taken the title of the best performing (most OP) tank in the game just ahead of Maus and Emil I. Fair enough, I was wrong, and WG should go and nerf the Emil I a bit :-)

Best performing tanks, update 7.4

• In general it is great to see Tech Tree tanks taking three spots out of the TOP 5 best performing tanks. The Relative WR figures tend to be bit lower for the new tank lines since many people have been grinding the tank with stock crews and modules. It is not uncommon to see Tech Tree tanks improving their performance stats 1-2 updates since the release. This is despite the fact that I filter out players with too few cumulative battles in a Tech Tree tank to avoid including too many stock tanks in the performance stats.

Annihilator Relative WR

_Crusader6_ #51 Posted 02 December 2020 - 12:03 AM

• Players
  • 74949 battles
  • [-EXP-]

Awesome - I am however officially an Emil I outlier, my WR doesn't correlate well to other stats.

I need more tanks...

Jylpah #52 Posted 04 December 2020 - 10:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

New blog article on BlitzAnalysiz.com.

The most OP tanks - ever

A fellow tanker asked a simple question of “what is the most OP regular tank in Blitz of all time?”. A fair question and something I would have not been able to guess.

Of course the definition of the “best” is the one that decides the answer and I have chosen the criteria to be Relative WR - the average of the differences between players’ WR in a tank and average WR in their all same tier tanks. And in this case I have calculated it over the time, not during the peak performance of each of the tanks. WG has launched many tank lines with OP tanks, but over the time most of those have been nerfed to reasonable levels or been power-creeped.

The most OP regular tanks of all times

To my surprise the most OP tank of all times is Emil I. It is not that there never have been more OP regular tanks than Emil I, but those have been nerfed and over the time their “average OPness” had been brought under more reasonable levels.

plot of chunk fig_top20_regular_tanks_Relative_WR_all_time

The most OP tanks of all times

Including premium tanks

But is Emil I the most OP tank in the game all-time - including the premium tanks? Not even close to. It barely fits into the TOP 10. The most OP tank of all the times is of course the legendary Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu. It was released with wrong parameters and never sold since. WG did not dare to nerf it since some players managed to buy it before WG noticed the mistake. Due to its rarity (and age) it’s not played much and thust it is not visible in the normal tank rankings on BlitzAnalysiz().

plot of chunk fig_top20_tanks_Relative_WR_all_time

The most OP tanks of all times - Table

Edited by Jylpah, 04 December 2020 - 10:54 AM.

Jylpah #53 Posted 11 December 2020 - 07:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

UPDATE 7.4 FINAL STATS ADDED

Final stats for update 7.4 have been added.

• In total, there were 208M battles by 491k players recorded in the database during the update 7.4 so far. Please note, these are note all the WoT Blitz players, just those tracked by BlitzAnalysiz[].

• Chimera has taken the title of the best performing (most OP) tank in the game and T28 Concept maintained its 2nd place. In the final stats Emil I dropped to 5th, but was still ahead of notoriously well-known OP tanks like Annihilator and Object 252U.

Best performing tanks, update 7.4

• Emil I and Emil II got nerfed in update 7.5. It will be in the interesting to see how will those perform during update 7.5.
  • Kranvagn remains meh. Maybe the Minsk folks are not fans of Sweden and have decided to leave it at its bit disappointing level.

Kranvagn

myster_ #54 Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21880 battles
  • [--M--]
Kranvagn needs a slight tweak to dpm. Its a hull down monster but teams are melting faster than I can do damage. The gun isn't amazing... I can see it would be a great toon vehicle but solo not so much.

Edited by myster_, 08 January 2021 - 12:44 AM.

Jylpah #55 Posted 31 January 2021 - 11:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

Update 7.5 final stats added

Final stats for update 7.5 have been added.

• In total, there were mind-blowing 452M battles by 610k players recorded in the database during the update 7.5. These are by far the largest numbers ever record at BlitzAnalysiz[]. Please note, these are not all the WoT Blitz players, just those tracked by BlitzAnalysiz[].

• EMIL 1951 took straight away the second spot pushing Maus, the best performing Tech tree tank, out of TOP 5. Great, people get bang for their rubles. Never mind the tank balance.
  • Otherwise the top spots went to tanks with great “balance” of armor, mobility and firepower such as T28 Concept, T54E2 and Annihilator.

Best performing tanks, update 7.5

•  New Relative WR by player skill-level charts added for the main tank stats and tier tank stats. There are three player skill-level buckets measured as WR at the tier: 0-45%, 45-55% and 55%+.

Jylpah #56 Posted 14 February 2021 - 03:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

Update 7.6 preliminary stats added

Preliminary stats for update 7.6 have been added.

• In total, there has been 148M battles by 498k players recorded in the database during the update 7.6 so far. Please note, these are note all the WoT Blitz players, just those tracked by BlitzAnalysiz[].

• T28 Concept, Annihilator and Object 252U took the top spots (most OP) in terms of Relative WR. The recently introduced EMIL 1951 premium tank is 10th making premium tanks to take 8 out of the 10 top spot. No pay-to-win here, of course not.

Best performing tanks, update 7.6

TOG II* rules`

TOG II* doesn’t rule`

_Crusader6_ #57 Posted 14 February 2021 - 03:21 PM

• Players
  • 74949 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View Post_BobaFett, on 14 February 2021 - 07:08 AM, said:

WG needs to suck it up and deal with the backlash. Change them to collectors and balance them properly. 

It's not like they haven't done it before, they nerfed a ton of premiums with 5.5.

Thx for the information, again.  

Since WG hasn’t provided 7.5 or 7.6 Balance Data I posted your website on the Blitz Discord in Balance  Discussion so folks who have an interest can see. 

Ronin_23 #58 Posted 15 February 2021 - 04:08 AM

Bot

• Players
  • 28452 battles
  • [TENET]

I really oughta get myself a T28 HTC. I kept ignoring it and suddenly it got good.

Thanks for these charts and breakdowns. Very informative.

Edited by Ronin_23, 15 February 2021 - 04:08 AM.

Jylpah #59 Posted 11 March 2021 - 10:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 83 battles

Update 7.7 preliminary stats added

Preliminary stats for update 7.7 have been added.

• In total, there has been 115M battles by 465k players recorded in the database during the update 7.7 so far. Please note, these are note all the WoT Blitz players, just those tracked by BlitzAnalysiz[].
  • Update 7.7 brought new Czechoslovakian tanks and the “mighty” TVP T 50/51 tops the highest average damage tank list. But is it any good?

• The new event tank Magnus took the 2nd spot on the best performing tanks list while the old, reliable Object 252U took the lead. Other tanks in the TOP 5 are familiar names too: T28 Concept, Annihilator and AT 15A. Chimera (8th) is the only medium tank that gets into TOP 10.

Czechoslovakian tanks

• Yes, the Czechoslovakian tanks. They seem to be “meh” at the best. The data is still preliminary so let’s see if the final stats will change the picture. There is a tendency for relative WR stats to improve after the 2nd full update is out (i.e. 7.8 here). This is likely due to players learning to play the vehicles better and larger share of the players having finished the grind and playing with maxed-out tanks.

Tier VI Škoda T 25

The tier VI Škoda T 25 appears on the BOTTOM 20 tanks list and even good players seem to struggle with it. So it seems it was not only myself thinking it sucks.

Tier VII Konštrukta T-34/100

I personally felt the tier VII Konštrukta T-34/100 was pretty decent, but still it seems to perform below average - even for the skilled players.

Tier VIII TVP VTU Koncept

The tier VIII TVP VTU Koncept follows the pattern. It performs well below average and sits between known underdogs Panther II and FCM 50 t.

Tier IX Škoda T 50

The tier IX Škoda T 50 performs slightly better, but still just average. I personally disliked also this one. It is slow, it has poor armor and its playstyle is boring.

Tier X TVP T 50/51

One could expect that the tier X TVP T 50/51 would be a culmination of excitement after all the miserable grind through the mediocre tanks on the line, but it does not seem to perform well at all. Not even for 55%+ players. I know some well-known YouTubers like it and it might be that it performs well only for Super unicums… Or then it is just exciting to play since based on data it performs below average even for players with 75%+ WR at tier X (I checked).

If you constantly see TVP T 50/51s to perform superb on the battlefield, that is simply because it is being played by very-very good players on average at this point. The rest of us will soon grind it so the true (non-)performance of the TVP will become apparent.

_Crusader6_ #60 Posted 11 March 2021 - 11:52 PM

• Players
  • 74949 battles
  • [-EXP-]

Awesome write up.

I need to re-read in detail tomorrow,

I need more tanks...

1 user(s) are reading this topic