Jump to content


What about the Thunder? And what burger places are the best?

Thunder KV-1S

  • Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

NICKEL_AND_DIME #61 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:21 PM

    Insufficient Loyalty

  • Players
  • 58725 battles
  • 1,924
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

Seeing how some of my kids drive pixel tanks, I am keeping them away from lawn mowers for their own safety, as well as the safety of others. 

But using the same logic, I should stay away from lawn mowers myself.



ironconch25 #62 Posted 28 May 2020 - 05:27 AM

    Water Closet Warrior

  • Players
  • 84115 battles
  • 252
  • [-VWV-]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
 I was traveling so much that I decided to teach my wife to mow the lawn. I gave up. The lawn doesn’t look good with a mohawk.

_Cletus #63 Posted 28 May 2020 - 01:25 PM

    [edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

  • Players
  • 33656 battles
  • 8,560
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Postironconch25, on 27 May 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

 I was traveling so much that I decided to teach my wife to mow the lawn. I gave up. The lawn doesn’t look good with a mohawk.

 

Yeah the redhead occasionally tries to help.  It's not easy to not criticize her while telling her to get back inside and do something useful.


 

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?
 

_Crusader6_ #64 Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:04 PM

    Please don’t go to town.

  • Players
  • 78741 battles
  • 18,739
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Postironconch25, on 28 May 2020 - 12:27 AM, said:

 I was traveling so much that I decided to teach my wife to mow the lawn. I gave up. The lawn doesn’t look good with a mohawk.

 

View Post_Cletus, on 28 May 2020 - 08:25 AM, said:

 

Yeah the redhead occasionally tries to help.  It's not easy to not criticize her while telling her to get back inside and do something useful.


I have a theory. 
   1) Since it takes zero brainpower to operate a lawnmower, and;
   2) women are general very detail oriented. 
 

My theory is women has zero interest in actually mowing lawns. 
  They like to offer to help and then either fein ignorance on operating a mower (I mean my wife doesn’t drive a car well, but she manages to go to work and back daily without usually causing accidents) or botch the job so much that we do it (sure she didn’t see that patch that was missed...

  Yet if your wives are anything like mine - they can spot the smallest section by a fence or rock wall that don’t get done perfectly if we do it...

So they get to not mow the lawn, and make us feel empowered that we are doing a task that they can’t.  
   Meanwhile we are stuck out mowing the lawn.  
 

It is a plot.  
 


 


 


I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 464 tanks in Garage:  482/482 Played Tanks Aced
 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


_Cletus #65 Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:20 PM

    [edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

  • Players
  • 33656 battles
  • 8,560
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Post_Crusader6_, on 28 May 2020 - 09:04 AM, said:

 


I have a theory. 
   1) Since it takes zero brainpower to operate a lawnmower, and;
   2) women are general very detail oriented. 
 

My theory is women has zero interest in actually mowing lawns. 
  They like to offer to help and then either fein ignorance on operating a mower (I mean my wife doesn’t drive a car well, but she manages to go to work and back daily without usually causing accidents) or botch the job so much that we do it (sure she didn’t see that patch that was missed...

  Yet if your wives are anything like mine - they can spot the smallest section by a fence or rock wall that don’t get done perfectly if we do it...

So they get to not mow the lawn, and make us feel empowered that we are doing a task that they can’t.  
   Meanwhile we are stuck out mowing the lawn.  
 

It is a plot.  
 


 


 

 

And for some reason, when you innocently tell them "less bitchin, more kitchen" all of a sudden you're the bad guy.


 

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?
 

NICKEL_AND_DIME #66 Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:46 PM

    Insufficient Loyalty

  • Players
  • 58725 battles
  • 1,924
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View Post_Cletus, on 28 May 2020 - 10:20 AM, said:

 

And for some reason, when you innocently tell them "less bitchin, more kitchen" all of a sudden you're the bad guy.

 

Did you follow that comment up with "those sandwiches ain't gonna make themselves"?  Probably not, since you're still alive.



ironconch25 #67 Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:55 AM

    Water Closet Warrior

  • Players
  • 84115 battles
  • 252
  • [-VWV-]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View Post_Crusader6_, on 28 May 2020 - 03:04 PM, said:

 


I have a theory. 
   1) Since it takes zero brainpower to operate a lawnmower, and;
   2) women are general very detail oriented. 
 

My theory is women has zero interest in actually mowing lawns. 
  They like to offer to help and then either fein ignorance on operating a mower (I mean my wife doesn’t drive a car well, but she manages to go to work and back daily without usually causing accidents) or botch the job so much that we do it (sure she didn’t see that patch that was missed...

  Yet if your wives are anything like mine - they can spot the smallest section by a fence or rock wall that don’t get done perfectly if we do it...

So they get to not mow the lawn, and make us feel empowered that we are doing a task that they can’t.  
   Meanwhile we are stuck out mowing the lawn.  
 

It is a plot.  
 


 


 

You nailed it.

 

I always tell her I do 100% of the “man’s” work and 50% of hers. Of course I’m joking with her, but she knows. I’m still married. You can only push the “boss” so far before you get in the doghouse. Glad she’s not a redhead, or I might not have thumbs to play Blitz.



Absolute_Sniper #68 Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:52 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 49657 battles
  • 3,949
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015

View Post_Crusader6_, on 28 May 2020 - 03:04 PM, said:

 


I have a theory. 
   1) Since it takes zero brainpower to operate a lawnmower, and;
   2) women are general very detail oriented. 
 

My theory is women has zero interest in actually mowing lawns. 
  They like to offer to help and then either fein ignorance on operating a mower (I mean my wife doesn’t drive a car well, but she manages to go to work and back daily without usually causing accidents) or botch the job so much that we do it (sure she didn’t see that patch that was missed...

  Yet if your wives are anything like mine - they can spot the smallest section by a fence or rock wall that don’t get done perfectly if we do it...

So they get to not mow the lawn, and make us feel empowered that we are doing a task that they can’t.  
   Meanwhile we are stuck out mowing the lawn.  
 

It is a plot.  
 


 


 

Take that same logic and apply it to loading dishes in the dishwasher and folding laundry. Household balance can be achieved. 


I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

 

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

 


_Crusader6_ #69 Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:49 PM

    Please don’t go to town.

  • Players
  • 78741 battles
  • 18,739
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 29 May 2020 - 03:52 AM, said:

Take that same logic and apply it to loading dishes in the dishwasher and folding laundry. Household balance can be achieved. 


Wait I also do both of those. 
   Hmm I seem to have failed at balance.  


I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 464 tanks in Garage:  482/482 Played Tanks Aced
 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 


NICKEL_AND_DIME #70 Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:52 PM

    Insufficient Loyalty

  • Players
  • 58725 battles
  • 1,924
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View Post_Crusader6_, on 29 May 2020 - 07:49 AM, said:


Wait I also do both of those. 
   Hmm I seem to have failed at balance.  

 

Failed at balance?  Then it's off to the Update Room so you can be "Rebalanced".

You'll be bouncing water off dirty plates before your wife can say "that one went right through".



Apeman1970 #71 Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:52 PM

    dark black past

  • Players
  • 18613 battles
  • 392
  • [MOM]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

shut up b#tch, and fix me a turkey pot pie! Get ready to duck.



czechphotoguy #72 Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:01 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24027 battles
  • 146
  • [ORCA]
  • Member since:
    11-01-2014

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 20 May 2020 - 06:51 AM, said:

The extra gun depression makes me prefer the Thunder (even though I've had people call me a wallet warrior for playing it, lol)


Wallet warrior!!!

 

Czech

 



jahawa #73 Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:02 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20305 battles
  • 1,440
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    11-14-2015

View Post_Cletus, on 26 May 2020 - 02:02 PM, said:

 

I'm making my daycare checks out payable to Spec's Liquor.


So is there a Specs out that way? 



_Cletus #74 Posted 30 May 2020 - 12:09 AM

    [edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

  • Players
  • 33656 battles
  • 8,560
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Postjahawa, on 29 May 2020 - 04:02 PM, said:


So is there a Specs out that way? 

 

You just can't beat the selection!  Yeah there's one by the Kroger's in college station.  45 min drive, but combined with a grocery run it's not too bad.


 

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?
 

JakeBaby #75 Posted 30 May 2020 - 12:31 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3315 battles
  • 165
  • [WTA10]
  • Member since:
    11-11-2018

Hmm, i think this will b off topic from current discussion but not from title? I have finished level 35 without prempass, and I wasn't planning on buying it, but sense i dd end up getting to 35 with the last code and a few battles, I realized they are giving 2 more days to buy the pass. I think i'm gonna but it now.I could use a LOT of those rewards rn. 

I was also eyeing the großtraktor with the 7 days as just a fun ''im bored, let's play low tier collectibles" kind of thing, but i think thunder pass is still more worth it.

 

Are we still talking about burgers or did we move onto lawnmowing?


I do not have a single clue what I'm doing.

 

Tier X Wishlist: T-62A, Progetto 65, Kranvagn

 

Premium Wishlist: KV-5, Progetto 46, M6A2E1/[Experimental], Emil 1951


generalhonks #76 Posted 30 May 2020 - 10:55 AM

    87 battles to 10k ;)

  • Players
  • 9917 battles
  • 1,991
  • [HOUSE]
  • Member since:
    01-09-2019

View PostJakeBaby, on 29 May 2020 - 08:31 PM, said:

Hmm, i think this will b off topic from current discussion but not from title? I have finished level 35 without prempass, and I wasn't planning on buying it, but sense i dd end up getting to 35 with the last code and a few battles, I realized they are giving 2 more days to buy the pass. I think i'm gonna but it now.I could use a LOT of those rewards rn. 

I was also eyeing the großtraktor with the 7 days as just a fun ''im bored, let's play low tier collectibles" kind of thing, but i think thunder pass is still more worth it.

 

Are we still talking about burgers or did we move onto lawnmowing?

Lawn mowing and Spec’s Liquor apparently.


No I'm not defending German technical superiority, I'm stating the ****ing obvious!

 


acrisis #77 Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:10 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21880 battles
  • 13,726
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 27 May 2020 - 07:21 AM, said:

Seeing how some of my kids drive pixel tanks, I am keeping them away from lawn mowers for their own safety, as well as the safety of others. 

But using the same logic, I should stay away from lawn mowers myself.

 

:teethhappy:  :medal:


 

            BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    
 

 > PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy
 


Juggernaut7_2 #78 Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:29 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 15177 battles
  • 52
  • Member since:
    12-27-2019

View Post_Crusader6_, on 21 May 2020 - 09:21 AM, said:

$8.46 for a burger at Five Guys (it is fantastic - and does have two patties)

Five Guys is AMAZING. Also free peanuts. Culvers is a close second, though, and BK works too.

 

As far as the Thunder goes, I find it to be a shiny, sparkly, and flashy KV-1S. I really haven’t even noticed the stat difference between the two in battle aside from the extra gun depression. The one major difference is that I get distracted by the turret decal animations in battle. My poor focus aside, I mostly view it as a bonus to all the resources you get from the battlepass and a nice tank to go sealclub or toon in every once in a while. 


Usually kinda somewhat half-decent


jahawa #79 Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:53 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20305 battles
  • 1,440
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    11-14-2015

View Post_Cletus, on 29 May 2020 - 07:09 PM, said:

 

You just can't beat the selection!  Yeah there's one by the Kroger's in college station.  45 min drive, but combined with a grocery run it's not too bad.


NIce. I don't think there was a Specs in CS when I was in Aggieland. We have one here in town which is very convenient. Of course Houston is loaded with them. But who wants to drive there?


Edited by jahawa, 01 June 2020 - 03:54 PM.


generalhonks #80 Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:00 PM

    87 battles to 10k ;)

  • Players
  • 9917 battles
  • 1,991
  • [HOUSE]
  • Member since:
    01-09-2019
Did any of you watch the SpaceX launch? I watched both the launch and the docking.

Edited by generalhonks, 01 June 2020 - 10:02 PM.

No I'm not defending German technical superiority, I'm stating the ****ing obvious!

 






Also tagged with Thunder, KV-1S

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users