Hey Tool Fans

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

_Cletus #1 Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:58 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31194 battles
  • [III-C]
Since Tool is the official favorite band of the Blitz forums, I figured I'd turn you guys on to Square.  Spotify introduced me to them yesterday, they have one album [on Spotify anyway].  They sound very Tool-esque.  They are a little bit rougher, less polished, but I found it pretty interesting to listen to them.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

RonaldusMaximus_ #2 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:18 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 15667 battles
  • [III-C]

Your purity has been tainted.

Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 20 May 2020 - 02:20 PM.

_Cletus #3 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:26 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31194 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 20 May 2020 - 08:18 AM, said:

Your purity has been tainted.

Why are you always talking about my taint?

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

RonaldusMaximus_ #4 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:27 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 15667 battles
  • [III-C]
Why are you trying to get me to listen to the Kirkland brand version of Tool?

boris55555 #5 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:44 PM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 30387 battles
  • [MINC]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 20 May 2020 - 09:27 AM, said:

amazing. I don’t want tool. Never mind off brand tool In a bulk pack

Atgm non los top down look around bar mechanic

“please commit die.”

_Cletus #6 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:50 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31194 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 20 May 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

I thought it was an interesting listen.  Two of the songs I think are pretty good, saved em.

crpl_hicks #7 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5872 battles
  • [KOP]
And here I thought Cletus you were gonna give us some good ole country advice on some bale wire DIY Tool you invented?  But sadly, no.  Just what kind of Farm boy are you!!

"Looks like a Goddamn town meeting"

_Cletus #8 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:16 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31194 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 20 May 2020 - 11:12 AM, said:

And here I thought Cletus you were gonna give us some good ole country advice on some bale wire DIY Tool you invented?  But sadly, no.  Just what kind of Farm boy are you!!

I spent Sunday swapping out a motor in a 4 wheeler.  And I've started dipping.  I'm country.

Spoiler

crpl_hicks #9 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5872 battles
  • [KOP]
I am an Urbanite.  I had to look up this dipping term.  At first I thought it was some Sex thing...

Absolute_Sniper #10 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44314 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Post_Cletus, on 20 May 2020 - 01:58 PM, said:

Since Tool is the official favorite band of the Blitz forums, I figured I'd turn you guys on to Square.  Spotify introduced me to them yesterday, they have one album [on Spotify anyway].  They sound very Tool-esque.  They are a little bit rougher, less polished, but I found it pretty interesting to listen to them.

The only acceptable comparison to tool is a perfect circle. End of discussion 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

Alopex__ #11 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3818 battles
  • [T_W_O]
Sighhh.

Edited by Alopex__, 20 May 2020 - 06:00 PM.

_Cletus #12 Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:18 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31194 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 20 May 2020 - 11:58 AM, said:

The only acceptable comparison to tool is a perfect circle. End of discussion 

Don't get it twisted yo, I'm not trying to imply they are as good as tool, I'm simply saying that they are similar enough that if you loooove tool you might like a couple of their songs.

Perfect Circle < Puscifer, IMO.  But that's splitting hairs......

_Cletus #13 Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:24 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31194 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostAlopex__, on 20 May 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

Sighhh.

That is disturbing.  Those songs go together amazingly well.

RonaldusMaximus_ #14 Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:39 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 15667 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post_Cletus, on 20 May 2020 - 12:16 PM, said:

I spent Sunday swapping out a motor in a 4 wheeler.  And I've started dipping.  I'm country.

Spoiler

I put my hand upon your hip, 

When I dip, you dip, we dip.

Alopex__ #15 Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3818 battles
  • [T_W_O]

View Post_Cletus, on 20 May 2020 - 05:16 PM, said:

Spoiler

You putting in a small block chevy three fiddy in there?  I shouldn't laugh I had a built 406 in El Camino for awhile......

_Cletus #16 Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:21 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31194 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostAlopex__, on 20 May 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

You putting in a small block chevy three fiddy in there?  I shouldn't laugh I had a built 406 in El Camino for awhile......

No I bought my kid a cheapo chinese 4 wheeler about a year ago.  It didn't have an actual governor but it had a little screw on the gas lever to limit how much gas you can give it.  It's got an automatic trans and I think that because I had the gas so limited it burned out the clutch.  So I bought a new clutch from China, it arrives and I find out I need a special tool.  Ordered the tool, had a little work area segregated, and mother in law comes into town.  She decided to clean up threw away some of the parts for some reason.  None of this has been admitted, but I know what happened.  I lost the engine cover, some linkage parts, and a foot board.  The thing costs $1000 new, so I advocated to just get a new one and be done.  My wife doesn't like to spend money when I can just do work instead, so she figured out we could get a new engine for $300.  So we got that, a new chain, a new footboard.  And, it turns out the battery is shot, so I've got one on order.  I put the old battery on a trickle charger, but the charger didn't like it, although it did seem to charge the battery some.  However, when I try to start it there's just a click.  I suspect maybe there's an electrical problem with the starter, or a problem in the starter itself, but I can't really tell without knowing if there's enough charge getting to it anyway.  Still, I can use the starter from the old engine if necessary.  We're now up to around $550 invested in the repair, and until I can put a battery to it I won't know if the repair was even successful.  Oh, and the new engine, which took 3 weeks to ship, was dropped, one of the engine covers was destroyed.  I replaced it with the non-missing engine cover from the old engine, but I don't know that there isn't internal damage to the engine.  It turned over pretty smooth so I think it's okay.  At any rate, $550 plus my labor.  If we have to get just a couple of more things for it I'll be able to hold it over the wife's red head that we could have just got a new one and been riding a while ago.

tedg5 #17 Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:30 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 56139 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Hey, this sounds like you’ve been copying from my project playbook. I routinely dink around doing this and that, buying whatnot, and ending up with an overpriced who-now that doesn’t work as well as a new one. :amazed:

crpl_hicks #18 Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5872 battles
  • [KOP]

View Post_Cletus, on 20 May 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

No I bought my kid a cheapo chinese 4 wheeler about a year ago.  It didn't have an actual governor but it had a little screw on the gas lever to limit how much gas you can give it.  It's got an automatic trans and I think that because I had the gas so limited it burned out the clutch.  So I bought a new clutch from China, it arrives and I find out I need a special tool.  Ordered the tool, had a little work area segregated, and mother in law comes into town.  She decided to clean up threw away some of the parts for some reason.  None of this has been admitted, but I know what happened.  I lost the engine cover, some linkage parts, and a foot board.  The thing costs $1000 new, so I advocated to just get a new one and be done.  My wife doesn't like to spend money when I can just do work instead, so she figured out we could get a new engine for $300.  So we got that, a new chain, a new footboard.  And, it turns out the battery is shot, so I've got one on order.  I put the old battery on a trickle charger, but the charger didn't like it, although it did seem to charge the battery some.  However, when I try to start it there's just a click.  I suspect maybe there's an electrical problem with the starter, or a problem in the starter itself, but I can't really tell without knowing if there's enough charge getting to it anyway.  Still, I can use the starter from the old engine if necessary.  We're now up to around $550 invested in the repair, and until I can put a battery to it I won't know if the repair was even successful.  Oh, and the new engine, which took 3 weeks to ship, was dropped, one of the engine covers was destroyed.  I replaced it with the non-missing engine cover from the old engine, but I don't know that there isn't internal damage to the engine.  It turned over pretty smooth so I think it's okay.  At any rate, $550 plus my labor.  If we have to get just a couple of more things for it I'll be able to hold it over the wife's red head that we could have just got a new one and been riding a while ago.

Whew...I am EXHAUSTED after reading all that!  Good thing I've been laid off thanks to Covid & can take a nap!

Alopex__ #19 Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:41 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3818 battles
  • [T_W_O]

View Post_Cletus, on 20 May 2020 - 07:21 PM, said:

I have a tao tao go kart from China, had it like 5 years and it's been good. We beat the heck outta it. Has reverse and electric start . It goes like 35. I also have a knock off Chinese BAJA warrior mini bike that is the cats [edited]. Then we ended up with another go kart with a seized piston wrist pin. Pulled engine out and put a 5 horse Honda gx motor in it with a jackshaft set up and it's a stump puller.  I always gotta put my battery on the booster to start it but it runs all day after. I'm too cheap to buy a new one and usually don't have the time to trickle charge it as we keep all this junk at the father in laws with the camper.

_Cletus #20 Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:07 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31194 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostAlopex__, on 21 May 2020 - 05:41 AM, said:

I have a tao tao go kart from China, had it like 5 years and it's been good. We beat the heck outta it. Has reverse and electric start . It goes like 35. I also have a knock off Chinese BAJA warrior mini bike that is the cats [edited]. Then we ended up with another go kart with a seized piston wrist pin. Pulled engine out and put a 5 horse Honda gx motor in it with a jackshaft set up and it's a stump puller.  I always gotta put my battery on the booster to start it but it runs all day after. I'm too cheap to buy a new one and usually don't have the time to trickle charge it as we keep all this junk at the father in laws with the camper.

This one's a coolster.  And it did work fine, I can't really complain about it.  I think the clutch burned out because of the Bee Ess governor, the motor never got to wind up and fully disengage the clutch.  I've also got a Jeep that I need to spend some time and money on....mostly money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users