AT-15 Advice?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Opinion on British TDs Overall? (6 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Opinion:

1. Trash (3 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Meh (2 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. They’re nothing special (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Pretty good (1 vote [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. YES (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

Juggernaut7_2 #1 Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:31 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4176 battles
  • [PURCH]
Hello, history buffs and people who just like blowing stuff up. Just created a WG account, but had Blitz for a while. I’m grinding the AT line, and while I’m certainly not the best at it, I do enjoy playing it. I’ve worked my way up to the AT-15, and I’m having a bit of trouble with it. I’m trying to angle my armor, wiggle, and get into situations where I can abuse the DPM, but my games in it are still a bit rough. Perhaps I’m playing it a little too aggressively, as the other ATs had good armor for their tiers (but AT-15’s is relatively worse) and I’ve gotten used to playing all ATs somewhat aggressively. Also, since my only upgrade is the 2nd engine, maybe I need better modules (if so which ones)? Anyways, I want to be good at this tank (not just struggle/free XP straight to the Tortoise) so I figured I’d ask some people who are better than me for some help. Thanks in advance, I guess.

Edited by Juggernaut7_2, 23 May 2020 - 01:50 AM.

Usually kinda somewhat half-decent

Morphman11 #2 Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
When you hit tier 7 across all tiers there is no concept of armor.

Kiwi_Kebab #3 Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5835 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

The armor on it is a zero sum equation: either your practically unpennable (save your modest cupola), or you're pennable straight through the front. If you think the AT15 is bad with armor, you are going to be very disappointed in the Tortoise. 

The AT line is probably one of the hardest lines in the game to play well. You have the DPM to burn targets, but you don't have the speed to pick your targets. You also have a good gun arc, so you can traverse the gun a good ways before having to turn the tracks. This is good for when you want to snipe and not break your camouflage rating. 

Honestly, it's best if you play this as a support tank. If you're alone, you're going to get COD'd. Make your enemy come to you, try to keep a distance; if you push in towards mediums you're making it easier for you to get circled. 

Juggernaut7_2 #4 Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:39 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4176 battles
  • [PURCH]
Hmm, thanks. I guess I need to adapt play styles - less aggressive/frontline, more passive/second line.

Usually kinda somewhat half-decent

Kiwi_Kebab #5 Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:39 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5835 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

View PostJuggernaut7_2, on 23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM, said:

Hmm, thanks. I guess I need to adapt play styles - less aggressive/frontline, more passive/second line.

Be wary; the 2nd line becomes the frontline if the enemy flanks your rear, or your team leaves you. Watch that minimap and keep moving with the team, lest you are forgotten. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users