Do Platoons fight only Platoons?

platoon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

5rings #1 Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:21 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1196 battles
Sometimes I am in a battle and it is like that was coordinated attack. I would think in a platoon, ( I still have to joined one) that there is coordination/communication among players.  I still have to figure out how to communicate on the battle field, besides hitting attack or hold position. Its like I'm playing with I hope this guy has my back, who really fights like that.  So when I am on a team that gets cremated in seconds.  I ask myself, do platoons fight against only platoons or instead are they getting off on us noncommunicating/noncoordinating moefoes?   

andyllinger #2 Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:55 AM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 35451 battles
  • [MSTRY]

1 there's a chat option called platoon chat where everything you type is seen only by your platoon mate, if you want a faster mode of communication you can get discord and talk to your toon mate.

2 in every battle there has to be the same number of platoons in each team, meaning that yeah, when you platoon there's always going to be a red platoon on red.

3 welcome to the forum, it's a great place to improve your game skills!

34 Tier X

PeteGee45 #3 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:57 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41913 battles
  • [OLDS]

Welcome to the forum.

If you find someone to platoon with regularly you can setup a discord account and actually speak to each other in real time. Direction and targets can be identified and focus fire can be directed. I recently got into a tough spot in my Tiger II. I took a couple of big hits from other players while engaged in a brawl with another Tiger II. My platoon mate jumped in between us and face hugged the the red Tiger II, she swiveled and squirmed to keep herself between me and the opposing Tiger II. We were able to call out swivel right or pull back. That allowed me to avoid further damage and together we bullied that Tiger II to an easy exit from the battle. We might not have been able to do that without direct, verbal communication. We went on to a combined 5 kills and both of us at 2k+ points. 

Mako__Reizei___ #4 Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:13 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8391 battles
  • [ALIAS]
If you platoon, your enemies will always have a platoon.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

j_rod #5 Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:28 PM

Not a moderator, but Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 28050 battles
  • [III-R]

Platooning can be a huge advantage....or a huge disadvantage for a player. Two strong players tooning with good coordination can really help swing a game positively and conversely, two weaker players can put their team at a real disadvantage (especially at the upper tiers). 

To answer your question - platoons are always paired against another platoon of the same tier. So two players tooning at tier 5 will always face two other players tooning in tier 5 vehicles (but not necessarily the same tank classes). Additionally, if you ever hear the expression “failtoon” this is when two players are platooning in different tiers such as one player in a tier 6 with the other in a tier 5. In general, failtoons are comprised of very new or low skilled players, so this is something to avoid. You’ll also occasionally see two very strong players failtoon knowing that they’re likely to see bad players and do so to take advantage of the situation. 

Lastly, if you’re wanting to get in to platooning and it be an enjoyable experience, I’d suggest finding an active clan and pairing up with a 50%+ player in tiers 4-5 to start. Send me an invite in-game if you’re interested and I’ll switch to my alt which I created specifically for this purpose. 

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

5rings #6 Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:40 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1196 battles
So, I can be in a Battle where I am not on/in a platoon but two or three of my teammates could be?  Then the opposing team would have a platoon of the same number?  

j_rod #7 Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:41 AM

Not a moderator, but Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 28050 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post5rings, on 23 May 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

So, I can be in a Battle where I am not on/in a platoon but two or three of my teammates could be?  Then the opposing team would have a platoon of the same number?  

Correct. And platoons are exclusively 2 players. No toons of 3 allowed.

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

dport02 #8 Posted 24 May 2020 - 03:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34106 battles
  • [-FE4R]
Nowadays, platoons are always matched with equal tier platoons. But it didn’t always used to be like this. Sometimes, one team would have a platoon, one wouldn’t
RNG is rigged !

Also tagged with platoon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users