Obj 252U

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Padre_ShadowRider #1 Posted 25 May 2020 - 09:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 43885 battles
  • [GETIT]

I am frustrated when facing this tank as it is extremely hard to pen with most meds, etc.    I am wondering if it is worth it?   Only a few hours left and I've resisted     Thinking that if a Smasher or Gravedigger came available, might be a better buy. 

I think the 252 is OP in armor and creates an imbalance in most games lately 

BlitzAssassin #2 Posted 25 May 2020 - 09:37 PM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 25009 battles
  • [-INQ-]

No the smasher nor the gravedigger are coming for sale. At least not a gold or cash purchase. Crates when their sold again.

If your a fan of the the IS series, the the 25U at this price is a good buy. Especially the 8500 priced one. I’d say the tank is over hyped, as many would say the same, but it’s still a very strong tank. Though, a 25U driver will get demolished by any half decent player driving any tank. It’s just the general player base doesn’t know how to counter it. I might wait until the Action x comes back for some amount of gold. I think it’s a much more capable tank, and it’s personally what I’m saying for.

GL with your decision.

acrisis #3 Posted 25 May 2020 - 09:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21272 battles
  • [III-C]

Literally days ago ...

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/108288-object-252u

Also ...

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/106523-wz122-2-vs-obj252u/

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

andyllinger #4 Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:36 PM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 35308 battles
  • [MSTRY]

Well i might be crazy but...  i regret buying it.

Here's why:

- the lower plate is really big and you don't have enough gun depression to hide it most of the time.

- it is slower than the IS-5.

- the DPM is just awful and it has a tendency to low roll a lot of shots.

- the gun dispersion and aim time are awful too, the lucky snap shots that you may see in any of meadsy69's videos are not that frequent.

- it is a bit boring to play like most IS and IS clones.

I don't know, it might be just that I'm not that good in it but that's mi take on it.

32 Tier X

JZDizzlle #5 Posted 26 May 2020 - 02:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6133 battles

I just got it when it first came for sale and I certainly haven’t regretted it. However I have been a little disappointed. You can’t quite carry as much as I’d like cause of the poor dpm. Other than the dpm it’s quite a good tank, not quite OP but very strong. Only limiting factors are dpm and it’s top speed but it’s not too bad. If you do want to be completely op then you should find another player to platoon with that has an obj252u too and it’s very hard to lose in my experience. Overall if you don’t have a solid heavy tank that makes a lot of credits, then I would recommend picking this one up.

On a separate note, I can’t seem to get the tank to super unicum even though I’m like 80th in the tank, which is quite frustrating. I’m doing 2.3k dmg average with a solid wr and I thought that’d be more than enough, but I guess not.

Padre_ShadowRider #6 Posted 26 May 2020 - 04:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 43885 battles
  • [GETIT]

Thanks Guys.  I decided against it.  What I hate about some of my russian tanks is the slow reload and SLOW target acquisition.  Whatever benefits it has for armor, the slow resolution just drives me nuts. 

Mako__Reizei___ #7 Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:14 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8365 battles
  • [ALIAS]
It's OP imo. Even tank destroyers have a difficult time penning the upper plate with gold based off of what I've heard from clan members. I know for sure that at least heavy tank gold pen isn't enough too. You can literally come out sideways and that pike nose is still red unless you use prammo. That said, you still need some skill to use it effectively.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

otirruborez #8 Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1912 battles

View PostJZDizzlle, on 26 May 2020 - 02:38 AM, said:

I just got it when it first came for sale and I certainly haven’t regretted it. However I have been a little disappointed. You can’t quite carry as much as I’d like cause of the poor dpm. Other than the dpm it’s quite a good tank, not quite OP but very strong. Only limiting factors are dpm and it’s top speed but it’s not too bad. If you do want to be completely op then you should find another player to platoon with that has an obj252u too and it’s very hard to lose in my experience. Overall if you don’t have a solid heavy tank that makes a lot of credits, then I would recommend picking this one up.

On a separate note, I can’t seem to get the tank to super unicum even though I’m like 80th in the tank, which is quite frustrating. I’m doing 2.3k dmg average with a solid wr and I thought that’d be more than enough, but I guess not.

has the same dpm as every other is tank.1900-2000. slightly less than the tiger 2 for instance. carries with armor and alpha. dpm overrated on every tank. you don't get many opportunities to shoot non stop to put the dpm to use(unless you have huge armor).

people are pumping insane damage in the 252(for a reason) which is why it's harder for you to get the wn8 you want. buy a [edited]tank and do well in it if you want a better wn8.

View PostMako__Reizei___, on 26 May 2020 - 11:14 PM, said:

It's OP imo. Even tank destroyers have a difficult time penning the upper plate with gold based off of what I've heard from clan members. I know for sure that at least heavy tank gold pen isn't enough too. You can literally come out sideways and that pike nose is still red unless you use prammo. That said, you still need some skill to use it effectively.

tier 10 td's with gold will not even pen the upper plate. on the other hand the lower plate is as big as the upper plate which is supposed to be the balancing factor. it is not because good players still hide it easily. the upper hull is so armored you can stil sidescrape and be unpennable unlike other pike nosed tanks.

Edited by otirruborez, 28 May 2020 - 11:08 PM.

Also tagged with Obj 252U

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users