Youtube

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

RedOctopus #1 Posted 30 May 2020 - 08:58 PM

Hit by the door, on the way out.

• Players
  • 2751 battles
  • [10]

I'm not really sure where to put this thread. It's not part of the general game, but it's not off-topic either. Anyways, I want to start a WOT Blitz Youtube Channel and I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips. BTW does anyone know how to get rid of the replay line at the bottom of the screen?

My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC04TwjmQxV_Tw5gK5Z-y2fA?view_as=subscriber

I've only uploaded on video so far because its been difficult getting footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWo2vgKt9YQ

Amblypigid #2 Posted 30 May 2020 - 09:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13766 battles
Double click during the replay to turn the bar on/off

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

122mm_Smoothbore #3 Posted 30 May 2020 - 10:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6220 battles

I subbed. Gud Luck!

RedOctopus #4 Posted 31 May 2020 - 12:07 AM

• Players
  • 2751 battles
  • [10]

View Post122mm_Smoothbore, on 30 May 2020 - 10:11 PM, said:

I subbed. Gud Luck!

Thanks!

Kiwi_Kebab #5 Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6861 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Did you say why you didn't load any APCR?

Double click the screen to get rid of the playback bar. This works on PC and mobile. 

Gameplay w/commentary is a very common style of content for Blitz. What would you say makes you different from other content creators? 

What's with the name of your channel? It's not the same as your IGN. Branding is easier if people can see you in-game and say "hey, it's that YTr I watched!" and vice versa. 

You said you had trouble getting footage. Could you elaborate? You'll want to be uploading consistently if you want to gain any traction.

Finally, continue to increase your experience within the game itself. Keep learning and trying to become as good a player as possible. Be a Blitz Intellectual, and be a demon on the map. 

RedOctopus #6 Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:43 AM

• Players
  • 2751 battles
  • [10]

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 31 May 2020 - 01:16 AM, said:

Did you say why you didn't load any APCR?

Probably should have mentioned that :P. I never intended for this footage to be on Youtube, it just so happened that I got a Mastery Badge and I wanted to share it with others. That's why I started a YT channel. Do most people load gold ammo a lot? I'm genuinely curious. Anyways, in this footage I was grinding for the next tier and I didn't want to waste credits. I don't usually load gold anyways just because it hasn't been a big deal for me and I seem to be able to pen most tanks with normal ammo.

Gameplay w/commentary is a very common style of content for Blitz. What would you say makes you different from other content creators? 

Nothing. Honestly, I got nothing. I want to do events and minigames on Training Rooms however. Does that count?

What's with the name of your channel? It's not the same as your IGN. Branding is easier if people can see you in-game and say "hey, it's that YTr I watched!" and vice versa. 

I made my WOT Blitz account before my Youtube Channel. A major problem for me starting a YT channel is that I'm a Free to Play player meaning that I don't have gold or money to spend on premium tanks. It also means that I can't afford to have my name changed. Proceed to mock me for being poor lol.

You said you had trouble getting footage. Could you elaborate? You'll want to be uploading consistently if you want to gain any traction.

It's hard to get good gameplay footage. I try to upload games where I do really well, such as getting a lot of damage or kills, or getting a Mastery Badge like in this vid.

Double click the screen to get rid of the playback bar. This works on PC and mobile. 

Finally, continue to increase your experience within the game itself. Keep learning and trying to become as good a player as possible. Be a Blitz Intellectual, and be a demon on the map. 

Thanks!

Kiwi_Kebab #7 Posted 31 May 2020 - 03:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6861 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Videos on training rooms would be interesting actually. There are many meta games played in Training Rooms that many players don't know about (they can also be toxic at times).

Premium ammo is used quite a bit. Obviously you'll want to maximize your damage output whenever you can, but premium is wonderful when you want to make sure you'll penetrate a target, such as on a low health kill shot, or against a heavy armor profile. It's expensive, but I'd keep at least a few rounds of it in any tank you play. 

Also tagged with Youtube

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users