Clan recommendations - Need help improving - 5,000+ battles

Tips recommendations clans getting better help blitzstars stats stats advice 5000 battles Newcomer

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

TheLegitPeanut #1 Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7646 battles

Hey everybody! This is my first time posting on a forum. I have been playing Wot Blitz for awhile now, I have 5,000+ battles, but I don’t really feel like I’m getting much better. I also feel like I am in a little bit of a dormant clan and would like to find a new one that is pretty active and maybe even respected, but that accepts 45-50 percenters and under 18yr old players. Any suggestions? I also would love it if you guys could take a look at my stats on BlitzStars and give me some advice and maybe even some constructive criticism on getting better. I am slowly getting my win rate to 50% but I’m not really going anywhere fast. My win rate was also a little bit damaged from back when I used to yolo a lot. Overall I just want to become a better player and figure out what I am doing wrong so that I can work on fixing it. Here’s the link to my stats: https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/TheLegitPeanut.

Thanks so much! -TheLegitPeanut

tankeatingtiger #2 Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:37 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 29333 battles
  • [D2TH]

First of all you are showing some improvement, especially over the last month but to really get better I would just focus on playing well at t6. If it helps to set goals for specific tanks then try to aim for 1k damage and 50% (at tier 6 at least). Your higher tier stats are honestly pretty bad so just shelve some of those tanks and play tier 6 a bunch. You do not have too many battles so you will see improvements pretty quickly. Also I would try to focus on one playstyle or class at least to learn to play and then move on to another to avoid being too spread out. 

As for the clan, are you interested in tournaments? Also you would appreciate a good clan family where there is opportunity to move up, correct?

Balance Change History Spreadsheet

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

forum broke my beautiful gif...

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

TheLegitPeanut #3 Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7646 battles

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 02 June 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

First of all you are showing some improvement, especially over the last month but to really get better I would just focus on playing well at t6. If it helps to set goals for specific tanks then try to aim for 1k damage and 50% (at tier 6 at least). Your higher tier stats are honestly pretty bad so just shelve some of those tanks and play tier 6 a bunch. You do not have too many battles so you will see improvements pretty quickly. Also I would try to focus on one playstyle or class at least to learn to play and then move on to another to avoid being too spread out. 

As for the clan, are you interested in tournaments? Also you would appreciate a good clan family where there is opportunity to move up, correct?

Thanks for the quick reply! Part of the reason that I have getting better over the past month is because of the fact that I have already shelved most of my tier 9s and 10s. It helps to know that I am on the right track. I also am honestly not sure what my play style is. I seem to be good at working ridges and I’m kind of that drive-behind and light the enemies’ butts on fire kind of guy. (A.k.a. Flanking). Based on my stats are you able to give any feedback on that? As for the clan, I am not an adult, so I would not be able to travel for tournaments, but I would like to find a clan that is active in them. It would be nice to at least participate in smaller events. And yes, I would like to find a good family clan.

Thanks again! -TheLegitPeanut 

tankeatingtiger #4 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:00 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 29333 battles
  • [D2TH]

View PostTheLegitPeanut, on 02 June 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

Thanks for the quick reply! Part of the reason that I have getting better over the past month is because of the fact that I have already shelved most of my tier 9s and 10s. It helps to know that I am on the right track. I also am honestly not sure what my play style is. I seem to be good at working ridges and I’m kind of that drive-behind and light the enemies’ butts on fire kind of guy. (A.k.a. Flanking). Based on my stats are you able to give any feedback on that? As for the clan, I am not an adult, so I would not be able to travel for tournaments, but I would like to find a clan that is active in them. It would be nice to at least participate in smaller events. And yes, I would like to find a good family clan.

Thanks again! -TheLegitPeanut 

Ok good that is nice to hear. I am going to eat dinner but after that I will delve into your stats ASAP. 

Lol traveling for tournaments is not until you get to stuff like Twister, so you should be fine for now. For now I could recommend XWING family, they have several feeder clans so you can move up, and I am pretty sure they do tournaments pretty often. 

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

_Cletus #5 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:04 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32673 battles
  • [III-C]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 02 June 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

Ok good that is nice to hear. I am going to eat dinner but after that I will delve into your stats ASAP. 

Lol traveling for tournaments is not until you get to stuff like Twister, so you should be fine for now. For now I could recommend XWING family, they have several feeder clans so you can move up, and I am pretty sure they do tournaments pretty often. 

I did some count ins with them, they were all a good group of dudes.  Good recommendation for a guy coming up.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

TheLegitPeanut #6 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7646 battles

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 02 June 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

Alright sounds great! No need to rush! I really appreciate guys like you who are here to help guys like me. ;) I will look into XWING.

-TheLegitPeanut

tankeatingtiger #7 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:57 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 29333 battles
  • [D2TH]

View PostTheLegitPeanut, on 02 June 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

Alright sounds great! No need to rush! I really appreciate guys like you who are here to help guys like me. ;) I will look into XWING.

-TheLegitPeanut

Well I equally appreciate newer players that are willing to come here and ask for help to improve. 

Discord is a helpful tool, if you have it here is the general XWING server: https://discord.gg/U2qwrxz You can probably ask someone for the specific clan server if you decide to join.

Ok, statistics time.

Just looking at a winrate breakdown of your 30 day performance, you are best at lights, then meds, heavies, and lastly tds. Not sure what exactly you like playing, so I will just look at all types.

Starting at the bottom with tds, you did manage to choose one of the more difficult td lines for a beginner. Grille is tough to play right now. For t6, the JagPanzer IV, Nashorn, and Su100/Su100y are all keeper tanks, and they teach good skills for later in the lines. Work on those 4 and see what playstyle you like, that will give you a good hint as to what line you should focus on. Also consider adding Hellcat or Jackson, although they are a bit more advanced. 

For heavies, the E100 line is a really good beginner line. Strong all the way from 6-10. Not sure why you did not play the Tiger 1 or Vk 36.01, they are both really good and are good teaching vehicles. I would buy back the Vk for t6 play. Seems like the Kv line is not well-suited for you. The Is-7 is a nice easy line but if you don't enjoy that kind of play it is fine. You do have the Thunder as an option if you would like. You have not ventured down the US heavy line yet, and the T1 Heavy and M6 are super broken right now. I promise the rest of the line is not as easy however.

Now the mediums. You are missing basically all the solid ones at tier 6. Vk 30.01 P, M4A3E8 Sherman, T-34-85, and Cromwell pretty much cover the various playstyles you might like and are all pretty solid. 

Light tanks. The four you have played are pretty much the must-haves to play t6. The Leo1 line, which you have gotten pretty far in, is solid but requires good positioning and map knowledge.

You are all over the place here as far as playstyle, I would play a bunch of different tanks at t6 to see what you like, and then from there focus on similar vehicles and grind only one or two lines at a time. You also have spent quite a bit of money buying premiums. This is not a bad thing, but for now I would shelve the higher tier ones until you improve a bit more. When you are ready to bring them out it will feel so much better and will validate your spending. Don't sell your premiums or too many high tier tanks in case you want to go back and play them when you are better, but just try to stuff your garage with various tier 6 tanks. It is a nice balanced tier with a lot of different vehicles and hopefully you will find one that you like.

If you want to get more specific with your gameplay you can PM me here or on Discord (tankeatingtiger#1750) anytime. We can talk tanks, strategies, anything. Many people find it helpful to send replays to others and examine playstyle from another angle, so if that sounds good I always enjoy doing that.

This is a lot of stuff and not well-organized at all, but I hope it helps a little.

Welcome to the forums as well.

-tankeatingtiger

Edited by tankeatingtiger, 02 June 2020 - 10:01 PM.

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

_The_Tactition_ #8 Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:31 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 26482 battles
  • [CRUEL]
XWING family is probably the best player development clan system on the server.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

RonaldusMaximus_ #9 Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:50 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 17211 battles
  • [III-C]

Wait! Wait!

Before we go any further.... 

How do you feel about the suburbs? 

BlitzAssassin #10 Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:51 PM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 24967 battles
  • [-INQ-]
Welcome to the forums as well! Never be shy to ask other questions, everyone on here is quite helpful and friendly.

rosgrim #11 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:00 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 97904 battles
  • [COD]

View PostTheLegitPeanut, on 02 June 2020 - 08:31 PM, said:

Hey everybody! This is my first time posting on a forum. I have been playing Wot Blitz for awhile now, I have 5,000+ battles, but I don’t really feel like I’m getting much better. I also feel like I am in a little bit of a dormant clan and would like to find a new one that is pretty active and maybe even respected, but that accepts 45-50 percenters and under 18yr old players. Any suggestions? I also would love it if you guys could take a look at my stats on BlitzStars and give me some advice and maybe even some constructive criticism on getting better. I am slowly getting my win rate to 50% but I’m not really going anywhere fast. My win rate was also a little bit damaged from back when I used to yolo a lot. Overall I just want to become a better player and figure out what I am doing wrong so that I can work on fixing it. Here’s the link to my stats: https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/TheLegitPeanut.

Thanks so much! -TheLegitPeanut

1st welcome 

2nd you are showing the right approach to this game so it will just take some time and you will improve day after day.

I can't add any to what @tankeatingtiger suggested you.

see you on the battlefield !

TheLegitPeanut #12 Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7646 battles

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 02 June 2020 - 09:57 PM, said:

Well I equally appreciate newer players that are willing to come here and ask for help to improve. 

Discord is a helpful tool, if you have it here is the general XWING server: https://discord.gg/U2qwrxz You can probably ask someone for the specific clan server if you decide to join.

Ok, statistics time.

Just looking at a winrate breakdown of your 30 day performance, you are best at lights, then meds, heavies, and lastly tds. Not sure what exactly you like playing, so I will just look at all types.

Starting at the bottom with tds, you did manage to choose one of the more difficult td lines for a beginner. Grille is tough to play right now. For t6, the JagPanzer IV, Nashorn, and Su100/Su100y are all keeper tanks, and they teach good skills for later in the lines. Work on those 4 and see what playstyle you like, that will give you a good hint as to what line you should focus on. Also consider adding Hellcat or Jackson, although they are a bit more advanced. 

For heavies, the E100 line is a really good beginner line. Strong all the way from 6-10. Not sure why you did not play the Tiger 1 or Vk 36.01, they are both really good and are good teaching vehicles. I would buy back the Vk for t6 play. Seems like the Kv line is not well-suited for you. The Is-7 is a nice easy line but if you don't enjoy that kind of play it is fine. You do have the Thunder as an option if you would like. You have not ventured down the US heavy line yet, and the T1 Heavy and M6 are super broken right now. I promise the rest of the line is not as easy however.

Now the mediums. You are missing basically all the solid ones at tier 6. Vk 30.01 P, M4A3E8 Sherman, T-34-85, and Cromwell pretty much cover the various playstyles you might like and are all pretty solid. 

Light tanks. The four you have played are pretty much the must-haves to play t6. The Leo1 line, which you have gotten pretty far in, is solid but requires good positioning and map knowledge.

You are all over the place here as far as playstyle, I would play a bunch of different tanks at t6 to see what you like, and then from there focus on similar vehicles and grind only one or two lines at a time. You also have spent quite a bit of money buying premiums. This is not a bad thing, but for now I would shelve the higher tier ones until you improve a bit more. When you are ready to bring them out it will feel so much better and will validate your spending. Don't sell your premiums or too many high tier tanks in case you want to go back and play them when you are better, but just try to stuff your garage with various tier 6 tanks. It is a nice balanced tier with a lot of different vehicles and hopefully you will find one that you like.

If you want to get more specific with your gameplay you can PM me here or on Discord (tankeatingtiger#1750) anytime. We can talk tanks, strategies, anything. Many people find it helpful to send replays to others and examine playstyle from another angle, so if that sounds good I always enjoy doing that.

This is a lot of stuff and not well-organized at all, but I hope it helps a little.

Welcome to the forums as well.

-tankeatingtiger

Thank you so much for all of this fantastic advice! I will try to get the tanks that you recommended and I’ll change my garage around a little bit. If I have any replays that I think would be good to get another look at then I will send one your way!

Thanks! -TheLegitPeanut

TheLegitPeanut #13 Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7646 battles

View Postrosgrim, on 03 June 2020 - 04:00 AM, said:

1st welcome 

2nd you are showing the right approach to this game so it will just take some time and you will improve day after day.

I can't add any to what @tankeatingtiger suggested you.

see you on the battlefield !

Alright sounds good! 

TheLegitPeanut #14 Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7646 battles

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 02 June 2020 - 11:50 PM, said:

Wait! Wait!

Before we go any further.... 

How do you feel about the suburbs? 

I’m not sure if you were talking to me, but if so, I honestly have to say that I’m not quite sure what they are...

TheLegitPeanut #15 Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7646 battles
I also got on the XWING discord server and shot a DM to Shamrockshake to see about joining BWING.

MarBearCat #16 Posted 03 June 2020 - 06:29 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22553 battles
  • [SDWA]

I'll friend you in game and you can use me as a meat shield if you need a toon! :D

>"<

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

TheLegitPeanut #17 Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7646 battles

View PostMarBearCat, on 03 June 2020 - 06:29 AM, said:

I'll friend you in game and you can use me as a meat shield if you need a toon! :D

>"<

XD thanks! I will friend ya.

MarBearCat #18 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:13 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22553 battles
  • [SDWA]

View PostTheLegitPeanut, on 03 June 2020 - 03:31 AM, said:

XD thanks! I will friend ya.

What's my signature line again? :(

Spoiler

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!