WOWS Blitz

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

RedOctopus #1 Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:44 PM

Hit by the door, on the way out.

• Players
  • 2339 battles
  • [10]
I've played the PC version of World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz. Apparently there is a World of Warships Blitz on the App Store, although its not available on PC, which is weird because World of Tanks Blitz is. Still is it worth a shot? 

Vantablack12 #2 Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:57 PM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 14977 battles
  • [K9]
I played for a little while. I didn't find it very fun because the battle seem to go very slow. Everything is pretty slow.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Venstar21 #3 Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:30 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3297 battles
  • [TCBK]
World of Warships is a decent game. I play it often and theres lots of events per month (though some of those events you will need tier 7-10)

acrisis #4 Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:47 AM

The Society ™ ***** Diplomat

• Players
  • 20985 battles
  • [III-C]

Not worth the grind and frustration.

Fun for the first few tiers and then it begins: the economy does not allow you to progress without throwing money at the game.

9x 30 sec adverts every time I play, to try to get some blueprints, extra resets and credits.

Way more complex than WOTB. The whole captain thing, blueprints, ... just stinks. Paying to move your captain. If you need an extra one for a nation ... you are forced to gamble or wait forever. It took six months for me to get another US captain. Then wait again. 

After mid tiers, always starved for blueprints of some kind. Stuck running part stock. While they release ever more OP $$ premium ships. And that brings us back to teams. Teams suck. Next to no comms, campers, people who refuse to cap, ...

As a 65% player, running solo, repeatedly facing three man unicum toons who are teamed up so they can get 80-90% wr for their session.

And the number of battles, kills and medals I have lots due to that stupid 6 min timer ... while boats are slow as heck?!

Oh and winnings per battle 10-15-20k !!!

On premium time! Imagine running that in WOTB. 

Ugh. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

Vantablack12 #5 Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:57 AM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 14977 battles
  • [K9]

View Postacrisis, on 02 June 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

Not worth the grind and frustration.

Fun for the first few tiers and then it begins: the economy does not allow you to progress without throwing money at the game.

9x 30 sec adverts every time I play, to try to get some blueprints, extra resets and credits.

Way more complex than WOTB. The whole captain thing, blueprints, ... just stinks. Paying to move your captain. If you need an extra one for a nation ... you are forced to gamble or wait forever. It took six months for me to get another US captain. Then wait again. 

After mid tiers, always starved for blueprints of some kind. Stuck running part stock. While they release ever more OP $$ premium ships. And that brings us back to teams. Teams suck. Next to no comms, campers, people who refuse to cap, ...

As a 65% player, running solo, repeatedly facing three man unicum toons who are teamed up so they can get 80-90% wr for their session.

And the number of battles, kills and medals I have lots due to that stupid 6 min timer ... while boats are slow as heck?!

Oh and winnings per battle 10-15-20k !!!

On premium time! Imagine running that in WOTB. 

Ugh. 

This describes my experience perfectly.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

TheEmpyreus #6 Posted 03 June 2020 - 10:11 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15429 battles
You thought a Death Star was worse imagine losing 60% of your health in a battle ship to a tiny boat that has torpedoes Lol

acrisis #7 Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:55 AM

The Society ™ ***** Diplomat

• Players
  • 20985 battles
  • [III-C]

Facing some unicums in some torpedo boats can be challenging. 

At the same time, I loved torpedo ships and countless times the indicator said fire now, take it with a grain of salt, fire early, late, wide, ...
It often would take three salvos to take a ship down, due to misses, dispersion, reds with instant awareness ... 

On my last ship with 45 sec reload ... it was just brutal.  Reached tier IX, broke for credits, blueprints, captains, ... ineffective ship ... bad teams ...  constantly losing WR over the course of months. 

Take a break. Come back. Nothing has changed.  

Take a break. Come back. Nothing has changed.

Only more and more people quitting the game. 

Still losing WR hand over fist ... while making a paltry 10-20k per battle and a couple blueprints here and there. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

Vantablack12 #8 Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:39 PM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 14977 battles
  • [K9]

View PostTheEmpyreus, on 03 June 2020 - 05:11 AM, said:

You thought a Death Star was worse imagine losing 60% of your health in a battle ship to a tiny boat that has torpedoes Lol

Well, torpedoes sink ships better than shells and bombs could IRL.

Major_Sweatpants #9 Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5849 battles
  • [PANEM]
i Aircraft carrier spammed up to 5. then i dropped it because it kept crashing.

Noob666_ #10 Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7457 battles
  • [TDB]

View PostMajor_Sweatpants, on 03 June 2020 - 08:50 AM, said:

i Aircraft carrier spammed up to 5. then i dropped it because it kept crashing.

Use Yuro's carrier snipe division, and watch them rage.

Noob666_ #11 Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7457 battles
  • [TDB]
WoWs PC is nice. WoWs blitz is mediocre at best.

cheasesteak #12 Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:06 AM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [COD-R]

I didn’t care for it all that much at first, but I quite like it now.  A nice change of pace when tanks gets boring, or I get pissed at misile tanks.   Tiers 5-7 are the best.  Less of the OP three person divisions that posters above complain about, lots of good ships, and the carriers aren’t yet as annoying as they become at higher tiers.   The game is still improving as well.  Now has 7 minute battles for tier 6 and up, and the credit economy and grinds are much easier due to boosters and other fixes.  As far as complex, it is about the same overall as tanks.   

If you want to team up, or want a good casual fleet, look me up.  Capt_Cheesesteak.  Fleet is [EVIL].   

Edited by cheasesteak, 15 June 2020 - 06:40 PM.

Epstein didn’t kill himself

Also tagged with WOWS Blitz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users