• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

RedOctopus #1 Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:56 AM

Hit by the door, on the way out.

• Players
  • 2380 battles
  • [10]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 30 May 2020 - 10:32 PM, said:

I don’t understand this tank.   Everything pens it.   Even hull down it gets torn up.   I try to go with the mediums, but don’t have much luck against the faster red tanks.   If I go heavy side, I’m just fodder for red heavys.    

What Boris said about the Tiger I perfectly describes how I feel about the Tiger II. Now I'll be honest, I just got this tank today haven't played many games in this tank at all, but it's eating through my credits like crazy. I'm currently running this tank stock with the upgraded turret and I'll be honest, the only problem I have with this tank is its armor. The stock gun on this tank is the same as the one on the Tiger 1 and I quite like it. The speed and mobility is okay for a heavy; it's useable but nothing too special. Literally the only problem I have with this tank is its armor. I get penned by everything. I've tried sidescraping in it but no luck. On the map Mines, I got my tank perfectly positioned behind a rock so that it's lower plate was covered and I tried going hull down but I get rekt. Nothing in this tank seems to work for me. I've searched through the forums but the information is mostly dated and most of the "advice" is too generic like angle your tank or hide your lower plate. I just can't seem to get this tank to work at all. :facepalm:

[ Stop creating duplicate topics. Quote and continue the conversation in the same thread ] 

Texas_Tyrant #2 Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:00 AM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 12053 battles
  • [UTC]

Tanks with HEAT shells running CS can go through the Tiger II quite easily. Not joking, in my IS 3 Def I can frontally pen a Tiger II through the UFP. The sides are thinner than most heavies and is easy to pen as well. In my opinion from seeing it in battle it is overrated. I have no problem destroying this tank when I see one.

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

RedOctopus #3 Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:15 AM

Hit by the door, on the way out.

• Players
  • 2380 battles
  • [10]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 05 June 2020 - 01:00 AM, said:

Tanks with HEAT shells running CS can go through the Tiger II quite easily. Not joking, in my IS 3 Def I can frontally pen a Tiger II through the UFP. The sides are thinner than most heavies and is easy to pen as well. In my opinion from seeing it in battle it is overrated. I have no problem destroying this tank when I see one.

Texas_Tyrant

Exactly, but how do I run this tank? Tier 7s can pen me FFS!

Texas_Tyrant #4 Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:37 AM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 12053 battles
  • [UTC]

I enjoy watching Soft Rescue video's. If I struggle in a tank I watch to see how others play it.

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

BlitzAssassin #5 Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:52 AM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 23851 battles
  • [-CFE-]

Wasn’t there just a post about this yesterday? Why are so many having troubles with the tiger 2 right now? It’s a beast. 10x better than what it used to be. Drive it in a couple of play styles and find out what works for you. It excels at almost anything you put it to, if you know what you can face/push/pen/block etc. 

If you can’t find a way to make it work though, hit me up in game, and I’d be happy to pull out mine or something and run it with you.

Edited by BlitzAssassin, 05 June 2020 - 03:54 AM.

_Cletus #6 Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:53 AM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31208 battles
  • [III-C]

The tank has a really strong lower front, don't worry too much about it.  It doesn't have strong sides.  Use a shallow angle, but definitely angle it.  A lot of things will pen it straight on, but just a little bit of angling goes a long way.  Don't scrape, poke.  The turret is the easiest pen, give it a slight wiggle when you see a gun pointed at it.  It's not indestructible, use cover.  It's got massive pen, good alpha, and gun depression, keep the gun singing.  Go with the meds, it's a very mobile heavy, think about how tall it is how your sides are weak as you move across the map, keep them protected.  Be aggressive.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Amblypigid #7 Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13603 battles

View PostBlitzAssassin, on 05 June 2020 - 03:52 AM, said:

Wasn’t there just a post about this yesterday? Why are so many having troubles with the tiger 2 right now? It’s a beast. 10x better than what it used to be. Drive it in a couple of play styles and find out what works for you. It excels at almost anything you put it to, if you know what you can face/push/pen/block etc. 

People heard about the armor buff and now think they can play it as if they are playing a Maus against tier 3 tanks.

Good tank, borderline op, doesn't mean you turn off your brain. Its armor isn't what makes it op, it is the armor + decent mobility + very accurate gun. The fact that the turret is an easy pen if not facing the enemy is another issue that people struggle with, but the Lowe has the exact same problem with way less speed and less hull armor and it is a fantastic tank.

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

Also tagged with Tiger II

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users