Jump to content


My woeful attempt at stat rehab

A-20

  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

BorisBaddenov #1 Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:27 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 26406 battles
  • 8,899
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

Today I thought I’d try something that I don’t normally do; stat rehab a tank 

 

Looking over my all time stats, I found what seemed like the perfect candidate to start with.  The tier 4 Soviet A-20.   I drove the last of my 58 battles this tank in spring of 2016, posting a dismal 39.66% win rate.   I select this tank for exactly those three reasons:  stats from years ago, low battle count, very low win rate.   

 

Why those reasons?   

 

Tanks that I’ve not played in years will be tanks that reek with my noobness.  I’m sure that my tank driving skills have improved in the last four years.

 

Tanks with low battle counts will see a statistical improvement quickly, which is rewarding and motivating.  Low battle count rehab projects will complete faster than a rehab tank with lots of games played.  

 

Tanks, like my A-20, that have an extremely low win rate will rehab fast because my skills will have improved and I should just naturally do better with a tank now vs. four years ago.  

 

Satisfied with my first project choice, I head to the battle field for six games this morning.

 

I went 1-5.  Lowering my win rate in that tank to 37.5

 

Gotta love it when a plan comes together. 

 

 

Peace-

Boris 

 

 

 

 


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


acrisis #2 Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:31 PM

    The Society ™ ***** Diplomat

  • Players
  • 20881 battles
  • 12,267
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014
Having a platoon mate, seeking to fix up a tank may help fight the WR slide ... or may totally backfire. Sometimes MM would repeatedly put 70% seal clubbers from a few low tier specialist clans on the other side ... Cough Cough. 

 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

 

     BE  (+)   

 [ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

 


BorisBaddenov #3 Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:38 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 26406 battles
  • 8,899
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View Postacrisis, on 05 June 2020 - 08:31 AM, said:

Having a platoon mate, seeking to fix up a tank may help fight the WR slide ... or may totally backfire. Sometimes MM would repeatedly put 70% seal clubbers from a few low tier specialist clans on the other side ... Cough Cough. 


Platooning doesn’t often fit my play schedule.  I’m much more likely to play a game or two, go do something else for an hour, then play a few more games.   Now and then I will play several games back to back, but that usually is in the evenings, and even then I like to take breaks between battles.


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


Kiwi_Kebab #4 Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:46 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6557 battles
  • 1,254
  • [ENDDZ]
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014
I sometimes have a lot of trouble at lower tiers. Often you're stuck with tanks that have poor stats and you're having to carry players with less than 500 battles who are still learning to turn and shoot. You have to approach battles differently at tier 3 than at tier 9.

_Cletus #5 Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:48 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 28651 battles
  • 6,884
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
The majority of my attempts to rehab tanks have been utter failures, showing my lack of improvement I suppose.

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

 

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

 

KoV3LiK.jpg

 

DeliciousPancakes_ #6 Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:03 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4197 battles
  • 404
  • [UN10N]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2019
I wouldn't bother with anything below tier 4 for stat rehab. Tier 4 is especially painful to play.

BorisBaddenov #7 Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:10 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 26406 battles
  • 8,899
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015
Well, at least I got a Happy Meal in loss #8

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


RedOctopus #8 Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:46 PM

    Hit by the door, on the way out.

  • Players
  • 2059 battles
  • 358
  • [10]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2019

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 05 June 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

Today I thought I’d try something that I don’t normally do; stat rehab a tank 

 

Looking over my all time stats, I found what seemed like the perfect candidate to start with.  The tier 4 Soviet A-20.   I drove the last of my 58 battles this tank in spring of 2016, posting a dismal 39.66% win rate.   I select this tank for exactly those three reasons:  stats from years ago, low battle count, very low win rate.   

 

Why those reasons?   

 

Tanks that I’ve not played in years will be tanks that reek with my noobness.  I’m sure that my tank driving skills have improved in the last four years.

 

Tanks with low battle counts will see a statistical improvement quickly, which is rewarding and motivating.  Low battle count rehab projects will complete faster than a rehab tank with lots of games played.  

 

Tanks, like my A-20, that have an extremely low win rate will rehab fast because my skills will have improved and I should just naturally do better with a tank now vs. four years ago.  

 

Satisfied with my first project choice, I head to the battle field for six games this morning.

 

I went 1-5.  Lowering my win rate in that tank to 37.5

 

Gotta love it when a plan comes together. 

 

 

Peace-

Boris 

 

 

 

 

The A-20 is a piece of [censored]. I divorced it years ago, but about a few months back I did the same thing you did. If you want a good low-tier tank, look no further than the M3 Stuart, M5 Stuart, and M5A1 Stuart.



Kiwi_Kebab #9 Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:30 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6557 battles
  • 1,254
  • [ENDDZ]
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014

View PostRedOctopus, on 05 June 2020 - 10:46 AM, said:

The A-20 is a piece of [censored]. I divorced it years ago, but about a few months back I did the same thing you did. If you want a good low-tier tank, look no further than the M3 Stuart, M5 Stuart, and M5A1 Stuart.

The tier 4 is definitely the weakest of the 3. 



shyw #10 Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:31 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50454 battles
  • 985
  • [DOGZ]
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostRedOctopus, on 05 June 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

The A-20 is a piece of [censored]. I divorced it years ago, but about a few months back I did the same thing you did. If you want a good low-tier tank, look no further than the M3 Stuart, M5 Stuart, and M5A1 Stuart.


^^^^ agree ^^^^ especially after the adjustments they made with the lower tiers



ZebraUp #11 Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:39 PM

    I want to be on the RED team!

  • Players
  • 29111 battles
  • 2,082
  • [_UF_]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015
The A-20 lost its good gun during the Great Nerfing® of the lower tiers.. so now it's but a pale shadow of its former self.

Edited by ZebraUp, 05 June 2020 - 06:39 PM.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player all-time in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!


BlitzAssassin #12 Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:19 PM

    Kool Aid Drinker

  • Players
  • 21966 battles
  • 410
  • [-CFE-]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2015

View PostRedOctopus, on 05 June 2020 - 12:46 PM, said:

The A-20 is a piece of [censored]. I divorced it years ago, but about a few months back I did the same thing you did. If you want a good low-tier tank, look no further than the M3 Stuart, M5 Stuart, and M5A1 Stuart.


I liked it. Best tier 4 for me personally. Maybe I played it in it’s strong period idk.


Edited by BlitzAssassin, 05 June 2020 - 08:20 PM.


krietenstein34 #13 Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:47 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 31840 battles
  • 2,190
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2015
WG ruined that tenk.  It used to be a blast to play.  I had over 400 games in it
:girl:

Nathanronco #14 Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15921 battles
  • 362
  • [1STUS]
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 05 June 2020 - 06:30 PM, said:

The tier 4 is definitely the weakest of the 3. 

 

What are you talking about? The M5A1 is one of the most underrated tanks ever. The little thing is fantastic and I love it.


" If you miss shots in your KV-2, it's because you haven't sent enough peasants to Gulag. " Joseph Stalin, 1944 Russia

Vater_Von_Tom #15 Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:14 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27315 battles
  • 901
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016
I have tanks that I swear are bad luck, jinxed, snakebit, just plain screwed, and I cannot improve their stats. The A-20 was one of those for me. I finally gave up on it.

Edited by Vater_Von_Tom, 05 June 2020 - 09:15 PM.


_GraceToo #16 Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:46 PM

    She Said I'm Tragically Hip

  • Players
  • 52073 battles
  • 1,678
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2014
Boris - I find tiers 1-5 basically like rolling the dice these days - no cohesion, no predictability, impossible to consistently influence the battle outcome.  If you want to rehab, I'd give t6 or t8 a whirl where things are a bit more stable.

MarBearCat #17 Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:53 PM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22486 battles
  • 11,901
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View PostZebraUp, on 05 June 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

The A-20 lost its good gun during the Great Nerfing® of the lower tiers.. so now it's but a pale shadow of its former self.

 

Boy was that baby fun to play back then. 


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


MarBearCat #18 Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:58 PM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22486 battles
  • 11,901
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View Postkrietenstein34, on 05 June 2020 - 03:47 PM, said:

WG ruined that tenk.  It used to be a blast to play.  I had over 400 games in it

 

So was it's little brother.......

 

Spoiler

 


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


RedOctopus #19 Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:01 PM

    Hit by the door, on the way out.

  • Players
  • 2059 battles
  • 358
  • [10]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2019

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 05 June 2020 - 06:30 PM, said:

The tier 4 is definitely the weakest of the 3. 

Actually, I liked the Tier 4 M5A1 Stuart the best. The Tier 2 is definitely the weakest for me.



Vantablack12 #20 Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:10 PM

    Professional Idiot

  • Players
  • 14603 battles
  • 1,447
  • [K9]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View PostMarBearCat, on 05 June 2020 - 04:53 PM, said:

 

Boy was that baby fun to play back then. 

Yeah, it was, but according to WG it was way to OP for its tier.


"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton






Also tagged with A-20

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users