• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

RedOctopus #1 Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:42 PM

Hit by the door, on the way out.

• Players
  • 2379 battles
  • [10]

******RANT AHEAD******

I really, REALLY don't like the Tiger II's performance. It's honestly a disappointment to me and the worst tank in its line in my opinion. You go from having the VK 36.01 H and Tiger I, which are amazing tanks, to this sad, disappointment of a heavy tank. What makes it worse is that I had high expectations for this tank and I absolutely love the way this tank looks. I assumed it would just be an upgraded Tiger I and I couldn't see anything wrong with that, plus as I mentioned before, the tank looks amazing. As a comparison, I will be using the Tiger I which I absolutely adore. The Tiger I was so fun to play that the grind for the Tiger II felt like nothing. The Tiger II, however, is a pain in the a** to grind. For starters, the tank doesn't have the speed advantage of the Tiger I. The Tiger II is not slow for a tank of its size, but it's not fast enough to have an advantage over its opposition. The tank's reverse speed is also pathetically slow at 12km/h, which is even slower than the VK 100 which is twice as heavy as the Tiger II. This means that the Tiger II sucks at ducking behind buildings. The Tiger II also lacks armor big-time. No matter how I try to angle and position, the thing gets penned like crazy. It can't sidescrape very well and it's not good hull down. The only good part of the tank is its upper glacis plate, but it's hard to get into a position to use it. Furthermore, the Tiger II is going up against tanks that have much, MUCH better armor schemes. The Russian IS tanks have those rounded turrets that are great for face-hugging and going hull down. The American heavy has a really stronk turret and is also great hull-down. The VK 100 is practically impenetrable from the front. Only the British and French heavies have worse armor schemes, but they have better mobility and DPM which make up for it. The best part of the Tiger II is its gun by far. But even that sucks. It gets out DPMed by the Tiger I which is one tier lower and it's alpha doesn't really make up for it.

Basically to put it into simpler terms:

Mobility: It's ok going forward but sucks going in reverse. Has ok traverse.

Armor: Terrible considering the other heavies at its tier. 

Firepower: Very meh. It's gun is accurate and has a low aim-time but thats about it.

Concealment: :facepalm:

The only useable strategy I have found in the Tiger II is to basically "camp" with the TDs. You can't frontline because your armor and mobility sucks. I always get called out for "camping" in this tank but I'm like, "What the heck do you want me to do?" Everything about the tank except its gun is mediocre at best and sucks at everything. I will gladly accept any suggestions or advice. 

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:52 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26609 battles
  • [NOGUD]
:popcorn:

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Mako__Reizei___ #3 Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:58 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8024 battles
  • [ALIAS]

The Tiger II is everything the opposite you've said. Its armor is busted with a good gun+mobility. You just need to unlock all the modules, 100% crew and get all the equipment slots necessary and also master its angles and you'll truly see just how strong the tank is.

That said, if you're already judging the tank without 100% crew and all the modules unlocked, then do so and come back here again.

Edited by Mako__Reizei___, 09 June 2020 - 10:58 PM.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

RonaldusMaximus_ #4 Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:59 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 15673 battles
  • [III-C]

Oh boy... Before anyone else dismantles this.. Are you playing it stock with less than 100%crew?

You only have 37 battles in it. 

Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 09 June 2020 - 11:02 PM.

krietenstein34 #5 Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32143 battles
  • [HAHA]
I was a baby at 1500 battles.    No Tiger for me
:girl:

Kiwi_Kebab #6 Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6690 battles
  • [ENDDZ]
Please make a video and show us how you play it. The Tiger II performs well in damage and winrate currently, so there are ways for you to succeed in it beyond "camping". You'll never get a mastery by camping. 

Popcann #7 Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:34 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11434 battles

OP dont feel bad I’m terrible in it, I get wrecked just about everytime out. Everything pens me. When I first got it, I did pretty good, above 50%, but I guess after the honeymoon, it’s went south for me to the point I won’t even play it now, and I was really looking forward to it.

i don’t have 100% crew, nor all the goodies, could be the problem, but imo I think it’s me, I can’t bounce jack with it.

Mako__Reizei___ #8 Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:43 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8024 battles
  • [ALIAS]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 09 June 2020 - 05:59 PM, said:

Oh boy... Before anyone else dismantles this.. Are you playing it stock with less than 100%crew?

I think I might try to do so. German science is the best in the world!

Popcann #9 Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:30 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11434 battles
I can’t drive any of the tiger tanks, P,1 or 2, they all blow for me, there armor is weak af, can’t bounce nothing, have to idea how to drive these things

BlitzAssassin #10 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:18 AM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 23842 battles
  • [-CFE-]
The gazillionth Tiger 2 post I’m seeing. It’s OP so?

Immel_man #11 Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:01 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 72253 battles
  • [YODA_]
OP,
I have a mantra I like to share with young tankers like yourself; “there are no bad tanks, only bad tank drivers.”

Your rant is falling on deaf ears, right now the Tiger II is one of the strongest tanks in game. Is armor is stupid, the gun is German, and it’s only weakness (mobility) is still pretty good.

It’s your first tier VIII tank, you’re lacking in the knowledge base to understand how to emphasize the tigers strengths and exploit your opponents weaknesses. Tanks don’t drive themselves.

Major_Sweatpants #12 Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5872 battles
  • [PANEM]

View PostMako__Reizei___, on 09 June 2020 - 06:43 PM, said:

I think I might try to do so. German science is the best in the world!

LOOK AT THESE ARMS! THEY  HAVE SUCH POWER!

(I'm hoping that was a JoJo reference lol)

_Cletus #13 Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:25 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31196 battles
  • [III-C]

This is the ....third?  thread I've seen like this about the Tiger II in the past couple of weeks.  Does it have a high skill floor?  It doesn't seem like a tough one to get going to me.  Okay, let's breaka-break this down fellers....

First, you really can't properly judge a tank unless the crew's trained, modules upgraded, all that noise.  Secondly, it's a hell of a lot different than the Tiger I, if you try to play it the same it won't work out great.

There is a particular playstyle to driving what I like to call "front plate monsters" where all the armor is on the front.  It's similar to driving the M6A3E1.  It's got weak sides.  All the bad guy's are gonna want to target your sides, you need to know how to protect them.  If you're in the open [you should not be, you should use cover] facing off against the last red, you don't want to use the same angle you use on the Tiger I.  You will get penned in the sides, consistently.  You don't want to be dead straight on to the bad guy either, give it a 5-10 deg angle, so your sides, while somewhat exposed, are an autobounce, and your front is pretty red.  But use cover, just because it's got good armor doesn't mean it can't be penned, especially if those mean old reds switch to prammo.  It's reverse is perfectly adequate to pop out [not scraping, but at an angle] take your shot and slide back. A quick accurate red will probably go for your drive wheel but if you properly perform the technique their window to take that shot will be very small.  The other place they are going to aim is at the sides of your turret.  Don't turn your turret if it's exposed, keep it facing the red guy.  Maybe wiggle it a little bit.  It'll always have small pennable areas on the turret, but if it's facing towards the red, it'll take a little bit of luck to land in those little areas.  If you turn it even a little to the side, they'll have a fat juicy target.  Another effective strategy is to be a bully.  Find an isolated or weak red, and smash right up in his face.  Wiggle a little, keep him off balance.  You've got fantastic pen, you should land all your shots.  If you only bounce every other shot he takes, you've reduced his DPM by 50%, resulting in a good trade for you.  

I don't get the Tiger II hate lately.  It does equally well with the meds or with the heavies.  It's got pen for days, it's accurate, and it's got a hell of a front plate.  RedOctopus, are you a reroll?  Because at 1400 battles, tier 8 is going to be hard, no matter what tank you drive.  Compared to the other tier 8 heavies you mentioned, the IS tanks have a tough turret but that have no gun depression and an easily penned pike nose.  American heavies have strong turrets but their hull is easily penned with regular ammo from any side.  The VK100 is a lumbering giant with a bullseye on it's lower front plate and is easy for any tank to get to it's sides.  

The worst strategy with this tank is camping with TD's, you are completely negating it's advantage in armor and mobility.  And if you haven't even trained the crew before you talk about how bad the tank is this entire post has been a waste of time anyway.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Mako__Reizei___ #14 Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:49 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8024 battles
  • [ALIAS]

View Post_Cletus, on 10 June 2020 - 08:25 AM, said:

The VK100 is a lumbering giant with a bullseye on it's lower front plate and is easy for any tank to get to it's sides.  

I disagree about the side part. The VK 100 has enough hull traverse to make faster heavy tanks and even medium tanks struggle to get to it. Sure, it goes at 20 kmh, but that's enough considering its hull traverse.

That being said, the Tiger II is a very strong tank when played right. Give it the right equipment and unlocked all of its modules and you're golden, provided that you're skill enough to know the perfect angles of the Tiger II. It's got enough armor to make even heavy tanks like the Lowe struggle to pen its armor given that you angle perfectly and wiggle. It's also quite fast for a heavy tank with such armor and weight and also has a good gun as well. You're going to ideally angle your hull around 15-25 degrees and wiggle there. I also saw your video gameplay of the Tiger II and I can see why you get penned easily while sidescraping: Your hull angle is too sharp for the opponent you were facing (KV-3) which means that if you pull back to shoot, the KV-3 will have an opportunity to lob in a gold shell into your lower plate.

Edited by Mako__Reizei___, 10 June 2020 - 03:53 PM.

_Cletus #15 Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:57 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31196 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostMako__Reizei___, on 10 June 2020 - 09:49 AM, said:

I disagree about the side part. The VK 100 has enough hull traverse to make faster heavy tanks and even medium tanks struggle to get to it. Sure, it goes at 20 kmh, but that's enough considering its hull traverse.

That being said, the Tiger II is a very strong tank when played right. Give it the right equipment and unlocked all of its modules and you're golden, provided that you're skill enough to know the perfect angles of the Tiger II. It's got enough armor to make even heavy tanks like the Lowe struggle to pen its armor given that you angle perfectly and wiggle. It's also quite fast for a heavy tank with such armor and weight and also has a good gun as well. You're going to ideally angle your hull around 15-25 degrees and wiggle there. I also saw your video gameplay of the Tiger II and I can see why you get penned easily while sidescraping: Your hull angle is too sharp for the opponent you were facing (KV-3) which means that if you pull back to shoot, the KV-3 will have an opportunity to lob in a gold shell into your lower plate.

I stand corrected, thinking about it the VK does have a good traverse.  I just always end up on the side of them anyway....

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

IronBehemoth #16 Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:50 PM

Official Society Game Play Publicist.

• Players
  • 11721 battles
  • [-INQ-]

tiger 2 is overhyped. its an ok tank. but most can pen it everywhere using gold and the turret is super weak.

however, its not a bad tank like you make it out to be. youre probably overcompensating with your sidescraping. the side armor is paper.

_Cletus #17 Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:55 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31196 battles
  • [III-C]
Which tanks cannot be penned using gold?  I'll go first, the 252U, if hulldown.  Next?

_Crusader6_ #18 Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:28 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68444 battles
  • [DEF]

View Post_Cletus, on 12 June 2020 - 03:55 PM, said:

Which tanks cannot be penned using gold?  I'll go first, the 252U, if hulldown.  Next?

Even at max (-6) depression the 252u can be penned by most in tier tanks. 
   The cupola are only a sliver but it’s only 204mm effective. 

Tank Hoarder: 406 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

_Cletus #19 Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:36 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31196 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 12 June 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

Even at max (-6) depression the 252u can be penned by most in tier tanks. 
   The cupola are only a sliver but it’s only 204mm effective. 

Agreed, I've penned the pike with a Tiger II before, and I've penned it a lot with the T-34.  I was just throwing out the most obvious answer first....

_Crusader6_ #20 Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:45 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68444 battles
  • [DEF]

View Post_Cletus, on 12 June 2020 - 04:36 PM, said:

Agreed, I've penned the pike with a Tiger II before, and I've penned it a lot with the T-34.  I was just throwing out the most obvious answer first....

T-34 can’t pen it. Just a T34 ;) 

Tank Hoarder: 406 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Also tagged with Tiger II

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users