Jump to content


Why? [is there no T-62A 115mm option]


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Hye_yeon_Cho #1 Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 954 battles
  • 468
  • Member since:
    09-22-2019

Hi everyone, before I start talking I want to kind of apologize. I don't know if you have seen my previous upleads, but I was lazy, and kind of demanding. I just want to say sorry. 

Anyways.

The T-62A, it turns out, has a 115 millimeter gun not a 100 mm gun. I think it deserves its proper gun, because it has under average speed and even with 7 degrees depression it still is on the low side AND hull armor is abysmal. I think it should get the 115 that it deserves, what about you?

If anyone has a reason it has the 100mm or an explanation , please reply.

 

[ please use proper titles instead of "WG, why?" ]



Major_Sweatpants #2 Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:01 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6592 battles
  • 911
  • [CCII]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017

soooooooooooooo.....

you wanna make an already extremely well-performing tank, one of if not the best Medium of tier X, better?? not a good idea.


If you see me online I’m probably escaping War Thunder’s cancerous ways

Floridian Gator Cavalryman


Vantablack12 #3 Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:19 PM

    Ready, Fire, Aim!

  • Players
  • 18579 battles
  • 2,518
  • [K9]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017
^^^^

                                                         "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne.

 

                                                       

                                                                            Bring back the in-game Forum link!

 


BlitzAssassin #4 Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:28 PM

    Kool Aid Drinker

  • Players
  • 32000 battles
  • 732
  • [-CFE-]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2015

* 140 starts to cry

 



Hye_yeon_Cho #5 Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:49 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 954 battles
  • 468
  • Member since:
    09-22-2019

View PostMajor_Sweatpants, on 11 June 2020 - 02:01 PM, said:

soooooooooooooo.....

you wanna make an already extremely well-performing tank, one of if not the best Medium of tier X, better?? not a good idea.

 

No, the hull armor is still bad and speed is underaverage. Not overpowered



acrisis #6 Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:49 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22077 battles
  • 13,919
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014
#game-balance

 

            BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    
 

 > PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy
 


BlitzAssassin #7 Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:52 PM

    Kool Aid Drinker

  • Players
  • 32000 battles
  • 732
  • [-CFE-]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2015

View PostHye_yeon_Cho, on 11 June 2020 - 10:49 AM, said:

 

No, the hull armor is still bad and speed is underaverage. Not overpowered

He didn’t say it was overpowered? He said it was well preforming. And he’s right. The tanks really good where it is. There is zero reason to do this. It’s one of the better mediums right now. 



Mako__Reizei___ #8 Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:44 PM

    Sleepyhead

  • Players
  • 9054 battles
  • 837
  • Member since:
    07-03-2016
No reason why the T-62A should get a better gun. As it stands, its gun is already performing amazingly well and it's a medium tank so it doesn't need any hull armor. 7 degrees of gun depression along with a very good turret allows you to go hull-down and bounce lots of shots off of the turret alone. As for the speed, it's one of the fastest tanks in tier 10 and we really don't want such a strong tank to get even better. 

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

 

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)


Posit1ve_ #9 Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:50 PM

    Credits Master

  • Players
  • 76903 battles
  • 5,810
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

The 115mm gun is a smoothbore gun

 

On the whole, WG has 2 rules for adding tanks to the game: 

1. No composite armor

2. No smoothbore guns


336 tanks in the garage!

 

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict


Gitgudm9 #10 Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:00 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15514 battles
  • 3,134
  • [MAHOU]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2015

View PostPosit1ve_, on 11 June 2020 - 11:50 AM, said:

The 115mm gun is a smoothbore gun

 

On the whole, WG has 2 rules for adding tanks to the game: 

1. No composite armor

2. No smoothbore guns

Apparently laser-guided antitank missiles are on the menu, though

 

Yes it's been beaten to death already, but seriously, why?


Edited by Gitgudm9, 11 June 2020 - 07:02 PM.

"Anime girls were made to be lewded." - Klaus_Klavier

 


RedOctopus #11 Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:08 PM

    Banned - for Good

  • Players
  • 4285 battles
  • 684
  • [4CE4]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2019

View PostHye_yeon_Cho, on 11 June 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

Hi everyone, before I start talking I want to kind of apologize. I don't know if you have seen my previous upleads, but I was lazy, and kind of demanding. I just want to say sorry. 

Anyways.

The T-62A, it turns out, has a 115 millimeter gun not a 100 mm gun. I think it deserves its proper gun, because it has under average speed and even with 7 degrees depression it still is on the low side AND hull armor is abysmal. I think it should get the 115 that it deserves, what about you?

If anyone has a reason it has the 100mm or an explanation , please reply.

 

[ please use proper titles instead of "WG, why?" ]

Why doesn't the WZ-120 get the 4 degrees of gun depression it had in real life? Better yet, why does the Type 59 get 7 degrees of gun depression when the WZ-120 gets 3 even though they are the same tank (in real life)?


Edited by RedOctopus, 11 June 2020 - 08:09 PM.


Kiwi_Kebab #12 Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:34 AM

    Low-Calorie Snack

  • Players
  • 11291 battles
  • 2,034
  • [ENDDZ]
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014

View PostRedOctopus, on 11 June 2020 - 02:08 PM, said:

Why doesn't the WZ-120 get the 4 degrees of gun depression it had in real life? Better yet, why does the Type 59 get 7 degrees of gun depression when the WZ-120 gets 3 even though they are the same tank (in real life)?

They have different guns though. WZ-120 has -3 gd with its 122mm and -5 gd with its 100mm. Type 59 only has a 100mm with -7. 


Kiwi_Kebab's Signature

_TheMagician #13 Posted 13 June 2020 - 05:36 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9200 battles
  • 234
  • [-MAD-]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2019
T-62A has a 100mm rifled gun wich allowed a better accuracy and projectile stabilization on kinetic projectiles. It's a separated tank from the base T-62 wich did mount a smooth-bore 115mm gun that allowed better use of chemical projectiles and even the use of ATGMs. If they add it, it may be a premium instead ( edit: nevermind, WG doesn't add tanks with smooth-bore guns)

Edited by Valkyrie04, 13 June 2020 - 05:40 AM.


_Kase #14 Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:58 PM

    Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

  • Players
  • 39135 battles
  • 3,099
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

View PostHye_yeon_Cho, on 11 June 2020 - 09:49 AM, said:

 

No, the hull armor is still bad and speed is underaverage. Not overpowered

lol


3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

 

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)


otirruborez #15 Posted 18 June 2020 - 11:04 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2660 battles
  • 541
  • Member since:
    05-01-2020

View PostMajor_Sweatpants, on 11 June 2020 - 02:01 PM, said:

soooooooooooooo.....

you wanna make an already extremely well-performing tank, one of if not the best Medium of tier X, better?? not a good idea.

it does not perform very well. it performs below average for tier 10 mediums. only the leo1, m60, and 121b do less damage per game and the winrate is only higher than those plus fv4202 and patton. doesn't matter how fast you fire when you only do 310 alpha with a turret with gaping holes in it. even medium gold ammo goes straight through the front of the turret on each side of the gun basically the entire way across.


Edited by otirruborez, 18 June 2020 - 11:10 PM.


_TheMagician #16 Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:16 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9200 battles
  • 234
  • [-MAD-]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2019

View Postotirruborez, on 18 June 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

it does not perform very well. it performs below average for tier 10 mediums. only the leo1, m60, and 121b do less damage per game and the winrate is only higher than those plus fv4202 and patton. doesn't matter how fast you fire when you only do 310 alpha with a turret with gaping holes in it. even medium gold ammo goes straight through the front of the turret on each side of the gun basically the entire way across.

The only way to get hit on the weakspots at the sides of the gun is if you're standing still, and you shouldn't do that in the T-62A



_SeenThe #17 Posted 25 October 2020 - 04:12 PM

    Floof Fanatic

  • Players
  • 30216 battles
  • 1,163
  • [JWBST]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2014

View Postotirruborez, on 18 June 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

it does not perform very well. it performs below average for tier 10 mediums. only the leo1, m60, and 121b do less damage per game and the winrate is only higher than those plus fv4202 and patton. doesn't matter how fast you fire when you only do 310 alpha with a turret with gaping holes in it. even medium gold ammo goes straight through the front of the turret on each side of the gun basically the entire way across.

lol tf are u talking about


Blitz Economics - Premium & Collector Tank Tracker

http://forum.wotblit...202021-edition/

 

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

 
 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users